Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shiny Pokemon - Accepted.

+7
ocean2292
Mrtweetums
dabeatmaster123
Ghostgirl21696
Aki11
Supernova
The Strawberry Cult King
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Empty Shiny Pokemon - Accepted.

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:51 am

I would like to suggest that every now and again in a scene with the masses of Pokémon, such as when Ho-oh and Lugia are taken down by all the trainers Pokémon or when the Unown are attacking in FireRed and LeafGreen, there is a shiny Pokémon amongst them, not being anything special, just there to see if the view is observant enough to pick it up.

Another suggestion would be, if it hasn't already been brought up, that shiny Pokémon always sparkle when onscreen. I always thought shiny Pokémon constantly sparkle, which is why it sparkles when you find it in the wild or release it from a Pokéball
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Empty Re: Shiny Pokemon - Accepted.

Post by ??????? Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 am

Ummm...
Is it just me, but what exactly is a "shiny pokemon"?
WAIT!!! Never mind. I got what you're saying, but what should be the Shiny Pokemon?
And how are we making sure the viewer is paying attention?
I suppose the animation is going to be moving, so it might be hard for viewers to find it?

???????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 am

Not a bad idea.. >w> something like an easter egg? I kinda like the idea, something fun to do haha. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am

irisfate19 get's the cookie. I meant something like easter eggs, and people always seem to find easter eggs...except for that one in Arkham Asylum everyone completely missed and the creators actually had to point it out...but, anyway, yes, a random Shiny Pokémon amongst large groups as a form of 'easter egg'.
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 am

That's a pretty great idea :O
Also, am i right or not that when you get some scenes like that, it's tough to animate it so you just do an epic looking freeze-frame?

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am

I like that idea strawberry(?)/ (or would cult or king be a better abbreviated form of ur username?)X33 I dun mind doing that, I like putting little surprises into the shows and all>W>

and what ya said is correct supernova8D it's probably gonna be that in order to save time and energy and allC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:55 pm

King would be more appropiate, since I would have went with KingoftheStrawberryCult had limitations not prevented me.

And I hope you don't just do freeze frame for every part with large groups of Pokémon, just the scenes where they're moving in access.

Also, you all seem to b missing the second suggestion, which would be having all shiny Pokémon have sparkles continuously, which would help people spot them better.
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Back to top Go down

Post by ??????? Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Sparkling A LOT?
That should make the "Shiny thing" more visual.

???????

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Sparkling? If it were to be done, not enough to make them instantly noticeable or distract from what is happening (in the case of Silver's gyarados and whatnot). however, is making them sparkle constantly an issue for the animators?

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostgirl21696 Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Sparkly... Maybe a bit too distracting?
Ghostgirl21696
Ghostgirl21696

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm

I would think it would only be one sparkle fading in and out in various places, repeating in random areas and with a max amount of sparkles per shiny at one time about 5.
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:41 pm

I think the sparkles only appear when it is shown up close or if it is released from a pokeball. It would get a little repetitive if a pokemon constantly shines and a bit distracting
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:51 pm

I agree that this is an awesome idea, but do we really need an entire thread about it? ...O.o

but yep, this is a cool idea! But I agree with dabeat and ghostgirl. It may be too distracting. Just a few sparkles in some places and not frequently (like the pokeball release)

The sparkles are really just there to show it's a shiny pokemon. Too much sparkles put too much emphasis on the pokemon and distracting.

Shiny pokemon usually are different colours anyway. The viewer should be able to tell even without the sparkles.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Mmk, no on constant sparkles. And I made a topic because I hadn't seen any "Small ideas" topic anywhere, sooo...be gone Mrtweetums, I'm trying to stalk my nemesis.
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Nah, it's okay King. This is a suggestion, and I think it's a good one, though perhaps we could make a thread on easter egg suggestions? (just a thought, <3 )

That said... uh... I wasn't trying to contradict you too much tweets ;3

/shot

I like it! We should totally, if we ever have enough pokemon on screen to not make it blaringly obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by ocean2292 Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Well, depending on what the OP animation ends up as, there could probably be one slipped in there at least.
ocean2292
ocean2292

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Shiny Pokémon aren't even really supposed to be "shiny", per se; the stars and the audible gleam were added to GSC to let the player know it was special if they happened to be playing on a black-and-white GameBoy. After that, they sorta stuck, but the technical term for them is still "alternate-colored." Notice how no one refers to the Red Gyarados as shiny; they always just say it's red.
Seeing as how one of the 'dex holders actually has a shiny Pokémon and it would come up on a regular basis, I don't know if the sparkles are really necessary. And I'm sure it's really hard on the animation/illustration team (depending on how the sparkles are done; probably the illustration team) to get them just right. I mean, if a shiny Pokémon were just to appear once and never again, it would be a neat idea... maybe a couple upon release from the Pokéball, like in the games. 'Cause after you encounter them, there's no more sparkling.

However, I totally agree with throwing a couple of shinies in on occasion just to see if everyone's paying attention. ;)

Edit: <irrelevantexcitement> Oooh! I've got a little Lum sprout! :3 </irrelevantexcitement>
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Now all I can think about is seeing Silver release the Red Gyarados and just seeing it sparkle for a brief moment with the Gen 2 Sparkle sounds, what since constant sparkles are out of the question (for you guys, at least). Damn you topic of mine!
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:42 pm

At least I don't work in accounting! ^^

but I agree with Marley, (though shiny pokemon weren't in the black and white games) there shouldn't be too much sparkles, but it IS nice to throw one in now and then. (kinda like "where's Waldo/Wally", unless none of you heard it before...)

Well, I'm all for sparkling, even outside the pokeball (like when moving or attacking), as long as it's handled tastefully. Like, not every second. Just a bit at a few times.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by ocean2292 Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:At least I don't work in accounting! ^^

but I agree with Marley, (though shiny pokemon weren't in the black and white games) there shouldn't be too much sparkles, but it IS nice to throw one in now and then. (kinda like "where's Waldo/Wally", unless none of you heard it before...)

Well, I'm all for sparkling, even outside the pokeball (like when moving or attacking), as long as it's handled tastefully. Like, not every second. Just a bit at a few times.
If I recall correctly, Gold and Silver were playable on the original Gameboy in B&W, although I could be wrong. If I could find that darn game box...
Also, I don't think there's anyone here who hasn't heard of Where's Waldo(US)/Wally(UK)!
ocean2292
ocean2292

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 pm

ocean2292 wrote:
If I recall correctly, Gold and Silver were playable on the original Gameboy in B&W, although I could be wrong. If I could find that darn game box...
Also, I don't think there's anyone here who hasn't heard of Where's Waldo(US)/Wally(UK)!
It was, I still have a GB and a working Gold cart.

Spoiler:

Mrtweetums wrote:At least I don't work in accounting! ^^
Well, at least I'm not Bill from accounting

*glass shatters and Bill falls* AAAAaaaaahhh!
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 am

well, if ya knew about the technicalities of animation, you wouldn't wanna go all the way to add additional shines to it, because it's gonna need special attention, not to mention distracting maybe. Maybe like what marley said, appears out of pokeball shining, but doesn't shine after that, just a different colour, like the games and all;D
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvisDitto Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 am

In the case of shiny Pokemon, they would be increadibly indangered, like imagine a Caterpie, sparkle sparkle, then a Pidgey catches it.
HEY! Maybe that explains why Shiny Pokemon are so rare!

I always thought they merely shone out of the Pokeball for asthetics. I mean, to really show you have got something special. Or perhaps, they do have a sparkly tinge to them. But all in all, this sounds like a great idea. Maybe we should list out some places in which shiny Pokemon are seen. (Not too many, they are ment to be super rare) But, this raises yet another suggestion. Instead of making each and every Pokemon exaclty the same, how about some have short hair, other have long hair, and some are different colours. Obviously we can't have a million Eevees that are the same shde of brown, and same length of hair. Remember Pokemon Stadium 2? The Eager Eevee game? They had different shades. And if we did this, the Shiny pokemon would be even harder to spot. Cause everything is different, but the shiny Pokemon sticks out much more then the rest. I know I ranted (again) But I agree with this idea, and really like it. Infact, I wouldn't mind being the one to add in the shiny Pokemon. (If I had flash. I have it at school, but thats about it)
ElvisDitto
ElvisDitto
Voice Team
Voice Team

http://www.mcleodgaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dewy~ Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:11 am

wait... were making edward pokemon O.o;

Im all for the sparking when they come out of thier balls... but I think thats all we should do.. it would be to distracting and tedious otherwise...
plus we dont want the sparkles demanding too much time.

I think that would be really cool elvis... but it would be a bit too time-consumimg for the artists and amimators :/
~Dewy~
~Dewy~

Fakemon Contest Shiny Pokemon - Accepted. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 am

i don't think shiny pokemon will come out of the pokeball? i thought shinies will only be shown when we have mass pokemon on screen? O:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum