Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED

+9
Mrtweetums
Nol
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
dabeatmaster123
dirksies
Supernova
littlmiget123
Joyfulldreams
The Strawberry Cult King
13 posters

Go down

Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Empty Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 am

More of a question than a suggestion, but a suggestion non-the-less.

Is the gender differences from Generation 4 going to be used in the animé? You know, things like Chuchu, being a female, would have a small piece off her tail. It would make more sense, since the difference has apparently always been there, and wouldn't really affect anything development wise, just slight animation tweaks to have things like a seed in any appearing female Bulbasaur's bulb.
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 am

Hmm, good question. Generally, though, you know, the changes are so subtle it'd be hard to really incorporate them into the animation. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED

Post by littlmiget123 Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 am

I think that there should be. That is a good question though. What about the yellow saga when there are two Pikachus? How will we tell them apart... other than the flower. I think that there should be.
littlmiget123
littlmiget123

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 am

We should indeed make sure to incorporate gender differences! Someone should make sure to check that pokémon that are supposed to be female are female and those that are supposed to be male are male. And we should make sure to have some variation in random pokémon genders too, maybe :p

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 am

Oh, that would be a nifty little shoutout to the games to include ^.^ I like it
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:26 pm

I think we should~ >w> I read from somewhere someone said we would just make a carbon copy of the manga and no point making the anime. So with gender differences we can have some variation~ xD and it'll be fun too~

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:21 pm

I agree to this idea ^_^ It would add to the effect. However, its possible that the people didn't recognize the gender differences in the earlier gen. but Im all for it
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Ya I think should have gender differences. There maybe a few other thing we need to update as will. Like the smokey poof from the pokeballs.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:47 pm

But, I don't think we should go way out of our way to incorperate them. XD I don't want to waste an hour or something trying to figure out the genders of each and every pokemon we draw in, only to have the differences between the genders be so minuscule that there was no point in the effort at all. >.>; Pikachu's tail, we'll make sure to do, and other differences that are obvious, but I mean...some of them only have to difference of like, one hair, or one part of them is slightly longer than the same pokemon of the opposite gender...that's a bit too...tedious, y'know?

I DO want to do it, just not like, over the top or anything. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:00 pm

I always assumed this was going to be done anyway. >_>

And most of the ones I've seen are fairly obvious anyway/won't appear that often anyways. I mean, it's usually the female that gets additions/adjustments, and most of the pokes that show up will be male anyway.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:41 pm

I think this should be like the discussion we had for the shiny pokemon, and in this case, I agree with joy.

Just small things, and not too much time should be spent on it.

Though I do like the idea!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:29 am

I like the idea too. I'm sure it says on Bulbapedia whether the pokés are male or female. Though I do believe Blue's Granbull gets a gender change...

Anyways, most of the gender differences are really subtle and you wouldn't notice it unless a male and a female were standing next to each other. So, if they're that subtle, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just focus on the obvious ones like a Pikachu or a Sneasel.
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 am

only for the more important pokemon maybe? or more like, for pokemons that are repeated, and needs some difference between them: pika and chuchu, gold and emerald's sudowoodo etc. For differentiation purposes, but not go out of the way to specifically draw some differences to the pokemon in accordance to their genders.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 am

I agree, we cant spend forever trying to find the differences between pokemon, which one is which gender, but it'd be nice to give the games a little shout out. Wild pokemon would be fun to give gender differences as well, just randomly, because those ones are pretty much given genderless... It would be fun to see those differences, though, like Gyrados and Magicarp havnig the different colored whiskers, or gloom having the extra large dots for the females. It'd be interesting, at the least...
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Oh, well what about Yellow's Rattata? If that's female it'll have shorter whiskers than if it's male. Also, it's not like every Pokemon gets gender differences. I don't Bulbasaur gets it for one. But here's the kinda thing that Bulbapedia will be mega useful for as a resource. But if we draw a bunch of Pokemon and most of them have gender differences, it'll be good for them for there to be a variety.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Here's a list of the pokemon with gender differences. I may have missed some, if I did, I'm really sorry... I was looking in the book, and... Sorry if I did. Anyway, here it is:

Venusaur, Butterfree, Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Raichu, Zubat, Golbat, Gloom, Vileplume, Kadabra, Alakazam, Doduo, Dodrio, Hypno, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Goldeen, Seaking, Scyther, Magikarp, Gyarados.

Maganium, Ledyba, Ledian, Xatu, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Aipom, Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Wobbeffet, Gifafarig, Gligar, Steelix, Scizor, Herracross, Sneasel, Ursaring, PoliswineOctillery, Houndoom, Donphan.

Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Beautifly, Dustox, Ludicolo, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Meditite, Medicham, Roselia, Gulpin, Swalot, Numel, Camerupt, Cacturne, Milotic, Relicanth.

Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kricketot, Kricketurn, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Roserade, Combee, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Finneon, Lumineon, Snover, Abomasnow, Weavile, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Mamoswine.

Try saying all that on one breath, lolz
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 am

Soooo....with that very useful post by Ama-chan, I guess that means we'll try to put in gender differences in the anime, using bulbapedia as a reference and such...resolved?
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 pm

I guess!

So...we need someone to lock it!

Oh yeah!
Locked!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Gen 4 Gender Differences - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down