Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PANTONE Colors

4 posters

Go down

PANTONE Colors Empty PANTONE Colors

Post by videofan9864 Fri May 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Just a suggestion for the color scheme, instead of telling people to make a color darker or lighter etc why don't we use Pantone colors? I mean example the Red color we use Pantone 199C. The lead people in charge of the colors will tell the others a specific pantone color for consistency.

For anyone not familiar with what a Pantone (I'm not too familiar myself) but its available at Photoshop CS3 and I think also available on other advanced color programs. When you click at the option to click colors you choose color library on the right side of the box.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team PANTONE Colors Bg10

Back to top Go down

PANTONE Colors Empty Re: PANTONE Colors

Post by Passerby Boy Fri May 07, 2010 7:24 pm

So, basically there is a number for all of the different shades? In that case it would be used to make sure everyone is using the same color? Is that basically what you're saying?
Passerby Boy
Passerby Boy

PANTONE Colors Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat May 08, 2010 1:40 am

Passerby Boy wrote:So, basically there is a number for all of the different shades? In that case it would be used to make sure everyone is using the same color? Is that basically what you're saying?

Yes that's pretty much it. Like these pics example
https://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn116/VideoFan9864/?action=view&current=Pantone1.jpg

https://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn116/VideoFan9864/?action=view&current=Pantone2.jpg
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team PANTONE Colors Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Sat May 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Wouldn't sharing the color's hex code do the same thing more efficiently? Considering it's standard and every coloring program on the face of the earth can use them (I don't imagine there are any that can't; I think MS Paint even can, but if not I know you can input values for RGB, which is the same principle, except that hex codes are in base 16).
That's what I always assumed the coloring and shading teams would do, anyway.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

PANTONE Colors Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by wildweathel Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Pantone is a print media standard, so it'd be a great choice if we were printing something. Wink

For digital video there are two standards for what color goes with what hex code:

sRGB -- Web video.
Rec 709 -- DVD/BluRay

(Just use sRGB for now)

In practice, though, the difference is insignificant compared to wild misconfiguration/manufacturing variation between consumer displays and no one notices that much. Those who do care have ICC profiles for their monitors.

Those who don't should at least set the color temperature to 6500K. Every time I see a monitor at 9200 it makes me want to kill a kitten. (The blue, the blue!)

wildweathel

PANTONE Colors Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum