Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Production Process?

3 posters

Go down

Production Process? Empty Production Process?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I don't know if this has been decided yet, I've looked, but still don't know how the process will go about.
I have some suggestions. (I'm not a professional, so please correct me)

Before we do anything

Everyone should decide on structure of the episode and other things like file formats. (So nobody gets left out)

Illustration team: Create character sheets that show multiple poses and expressions of each main character. It should include color in the style it will always be drawn.

Animation team: Decide on animation style and technique. (720p? 24 fps?)

Sound team: Decide on themes that will be played repeatedly. (Battle theme, sad theme, etc.)

Voice team: Decide on a voice. (...I think that goes without saying)

Step 1: Screenplay

Somebody write a detailed screenplay. (Some tutorials) If the episode is full length, I doubt most comic chapters are long enough to fill it. So I guess the writer should add more dialogue in order to create more depth to the characters. But don't stray too far...
(Aki11, I read your post on this subject. I know you find it redundant, but it is faster to rewrite a screenplay than to redraw a storyboard)

Step 2: Storyboard

After the screenplay has been approved, the writer will begin writing the next episode. (Thus starting the cycle again)

Animation team: Draw the storyboard. It should be split into scenes so it will be easier to know what to ask from the staff. (Should it include the time each scene will take?)

Step 3: Voice

Voice team: Record all lines.

Sound team: Mix the recorded lines to the full length of the episode, following the storyboard. (No music or sound fx yet)

Step 4: Rough Draft

The animation team will then create a rough draft of the entire episode. Pretty much a moving storyboard so we can get the feel of things and see if anything needs to get redone.

Step 5: Keyframing

All the animation stuff. From what I understand, the Animation team will draw keyframes and in-betweens then send it to the Illustration team to color.

Step 6: Final draft

Animation team: should do any special effects or compositing. (Lens flare, blur, etc. unless otherwise stated)

Step 7: Sound

The Sound team will then receive the final draft and can then add music and sound effects.

Step 8: Final Product

(The Animation team?) will then put the sound and video together. Then it is complete.

Questions:
So the title of the show is "PokeSpecial: RGB Arc"? Is that what's going to be in the opening sequence?
If so, that's a bit strange...( I don't see what's wrong with "Pokemon Special"...or even "Pocket Monsters Special". But I'm sure you've got your reasons. But I disagree...)

You made your own opening theme?
Wouldn't have been easier to have gotten an existing song. But you have your reasons. (Nol's theme remix is pretty good though)

----
So, those are my suggestions, I hope it wasn't too long.(It feels like I wrote an essay!) But please correct me, and I hope to join the Animation team soon.

(But about that title....I demand a recount!!)

Back to top Go down

Production Process? Empty Re: Production Process?

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:36 pm

The reason we have our own opening is 1. for originality and 2. copyright stoofs. Same reason for not just using Pokemon Special. Also, I like PokeSpecial better. XD We also already had 2 votes, sooo...

But yeah, I like this! We have issues though, because the animation team has to do so much, but almost all the members but aki and dee have pretty much up and left! DX We had two animation students look into us and I've already emailed them twice bugging them if they were really going to join or not and they said they would but they havn't and and AND.

Also, I don't really think it's entirely necessary to re-write the screenplay over again, and besides, we already have the actual story written (the manga story of course. XD) It's just the stuff we have to add to make it fit the certain time...

And I think then we really should establish a script team. ;3 Also, we have to have a vote for who plays what voice role.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Production Process? Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:00 pm

2 Votes already?! I was too late.... I'm satisfied with "PokeSpecial" but by itself, no "RGB". Maybe we can add "Yellow" or whatever to the next seasons, but for the first one...doesn't seem right.

copyright stoofs? Isn't this entire project violating some copyright?

..well this IS an animation, so I assume the animation team was going to get most of the work. But I think coloring is a lot more work...that's the Illustration team's job, right? And, if were animating like the real series, it should be easy. They only use like 2 keyframes. (Open mouth, closed mouth, some low-budget stuff I've noticed)

I didn't mean rewrite the entire story, just to modify it for the animation, that's all. But if it's necessary, it's easier to correct text than storyboard. But like you said, creativity. I'm pretty sure the comic had page limits so it couldn't reach it's full potential sometimes, that's where our writer comes in.

Oh, and, another thing....I saw a post on Pokemon animal noises instead of them saying their name, I like that idea. I always thought that them saying their name was pretty ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 pm

...well, if we use someone else's music, it would only alert them much sooner and then result in the shutting down of this project. Plus its better to be original, no? (though, what song were you hoping for?)

And of course, we're trying to avoid the real series as much as possible, so I guess we would want better animation than them?

Though, I must disagree when having to "fix" the comic...I admit there may be some missed opportunities in it, but I believe we should stick to the source material as closely as possible (except in the case of sai's manga mistake thread...though thats a whole different story)

...I thought we already had a script team. 'Cause for rain to be script head, there needs to be a team, right? I dunno, maybe Im just being forgetful.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Production Process? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:37 am

well, the name of the series is gonna be called pokespecial, rgb is just the current arc name. I opted for a recount once before because the title was being called pokespe instead, which to me was even more unprofessional sounding. I'm just glad that it's not called pokespe anymore..=w=;;

And yes, in regards to the fps and all, we are sticking with 24 fps, exporting in 25 fps. I should be doing most of the compiling animation work, so ya guys dun have to worry too much about the compressions, frame rates and all, what we do here is that once you guys are done with ur animations, send them over in psd formats and I'll do the compiling. And like most of the production companies out there, I more or less use 2 frames per drawing. for mouth animations, i sometimes use 3 or more because they move less (through experience found out that if i use 2 frames per drawing for mouth animations, there are times when they will look real fake..)

as for the screen resolution, we are sticking with 150 dpi, canvas size is 990X550 (kinda weird I know, but that's the size of my school's storyboards^^; ) I'm kinda like using sorrenson 3 compression and pal 720X576 4:3 (because h264's gamma issues really bug me.. ), which means that the canvas won't be able to fit exactly inside the screen, and that it will appear in like a movie HD kinda way. (assuming that you've seen some of the those "screenshots" of pokespe on pixiv? It's something like thatC: )

and there's no need to add animation head behind my username lolXDD just aki will sufficeC:

and like any other auditionee, I hope that you could do some run, walk, or jump cycles so that I know where your skill level lies. It'll be better for me to decide what kind of animations i should allocate to you. My youtube channel has some examples i did, so it should be something like that. (tho, the red walk cycle was completely screwed cos i was being lazy that timeXD; *probably will delete that one soon*)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Production Process? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 am

...yeah that image format is strange... (I disagree!)
But before I start giving my opinions on the matter, I should officially get accepted. So I will try to submit those animation cycles to you as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:And I think then we really should establish a script team. ;3 Also, we have to have a vote for who plays what voice role.

I have accepted Supernova onto the script team, and am working on critiquing CKL's and Kato's scripts so that I can accept them too. It's been taking me a bit cuz I had to go up to Towson for my dad's birthday weekend and memorial day weekend. >>;;

Otherwise, this sounds good to me. Razz good job... Guest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 pm

yeah, at first, I thought, "when did the forums have a guest option?"...then I realized its your username. XP

oh yeah, I forgot to say, I do like how you outlined everything for us to do! Helps us get organized! (...I faintly recall another user doing something like this for us too...was it shen?)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Production Process? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down