Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Opening and Ending

+31
Jonk
elso
AkieTara
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Memieko
Supernova
MokaSooN
Blackmagebard
Kikiee241
Kazaazz
Razor-Leaf
dirksies
kaito109
Raichu111092
Passerby Boy
Mylodon
dabeatmaster123
ShenCS
Aki11
Neojunk
john
Nol
Zephyr
Ama-chan
Mrtweetums
Edowaado
Angel-Kid
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
EvoWarrior5
videofan9864
35 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime Opening and Ending

Post by Raichu111092 Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:30 pm

I really like Aki's idea, kind of en lieu of the more recent game endings, with the sun gradually setting on the characters, and the background changing.
Raichu111092
Raichu111092

Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 am

I think your visualization's kinda different from mine rai, I don't really get watcha sayin actually>A> care to elaborate? dun really get how the sun sets and all<W<;;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 pm

What do you guys think if the ending music plays before the episode finishes? Maybe about 15 seconds before the actual ending credits? Some anime like Gundam Seed does it. Just to hear your opinion.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 am

I'm against it. I find it distracting.

I enjoy an occasional song or piece of music before the ending, but only if it's related to the current story.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 am

Mylodon wrote:I'm against it. I find it distracting.

I enjoy an occasional song or piece of music before the ending, but only if it's related to the current story.

Oh I see, that's ok. But I hope we won't add, "to be continued" after every episode like that anime cause that would be worse.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:07 am

Well I'm pretty okay with that, but maybe not as much as 15 seconds, a few seconds will do. And maybe not all the episodes, ending song could show up before the show ends depending on the episode requirements (atmosphere etc) like how they did it for soul eater's last episode. But I do agree with what video fan said, ending the anime off with to be continued for every episode just makes it looks like some kid's show... (like what happened in the pokemon anime>A>)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:21 am

Aki11 wrote:Well I'm pretty okay with that, but maybe not as much as 15 seconds, a few seconds will do. And maybe not all the episodes, ending song could show up before the show ends depending on the episode requirements (atmosphere etc) like how they did it for soul eater's last episode. But I do agree with what video fan said, ending the anime off with to be continued for every episode just makes it looks like some kid's show... (like what happened in the pokemon anime>A>)

Actually if I had my way I would prefer how they did it in Gundam Seed, like on some episodes its even more than 30 seconds. But that only goes IF our ending music is really a master piece. On the Seed/Destiny anime most of their ending themes are good so I love listening to it before ending.

Yeah let's not put in a to be continue. Even if it is a two parter and let us not please add a talking narrator which says "our heroes" (Seriously that makes me sick)
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:13 am

I like prelude to ending songs when the episode is about some touching moment kinda idk how to put it to words>W> Yea I like how gundam seed does it too, tho I hardly watch it hahaXD

This may seem contradicting to what I say before but on the other hand to be continued also makes the anime look somewhat similar to the game so it's also not all bad (comparing pros and cons>W>), since poke special follows the game and all. But narrator wise... AGAINST IT. DEFINITELY AGAINST IT.eAe
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:16 pm

I dont think that's a terrible idea, so long as we pull it off correctly. It can be a very nice and subtle way to end an episode. It makes the ending seem much less 'sudden' and more of an ending to the episode. It makes the episode and the ending feel much more connected, in my opinion.

There are many other animes that pull off the 'start song just before end of episode' thing. Actually, a lot more than you probably think. MANY of the best animes do that. You barely even notice it because the song's beginning is soft, and then suddenly the episode ends and you get a good ending. Animes like Toradora!, Kimi ni Todoke, Ouran High School Host Club...you might not have noticed, but they do do that.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm

I noticed that they do that!XDD But none of them were as long as gundam seed tho, just a few seconds before the real ending starts:3 But kimi ni todoke does that only sometimes I thought?*not very sure<A<*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Still, those few seconds adds a real feel of...completion to the episode, right? It makes the whole thing feel like more of a whole, rather than just opening-content-ending. Like I said, it's a really subtle effect but it really does something!
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 pm

but well you might have realized that endings with such effects are normally shoujo mangas, which have a more tranquil feel most of the time when it ends. Well there are times when it won't fit too, we'll have to think about it. And it also depends on the music we will get from the music team in the future.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Aki11 wrote:I noticed that they do that!XDD But none of them were as long as gundam seed tho, just a few seconds before the real ending starts:3 But kimi ni todoke does that only sometimes I thought?*not very sure<A<*

Yeah other than Gundam Seed and another Fushigi Yuugi, no other anime (that I know) does playing the ending music for more than 10 seconds before the actual ending.

My best suggestion is that after deciding on ending themes and everyone finds them really really good then we make a vote if we will do this style (playing music before ending) and maybe a secondary poll of how many seconds. Oh also after the last episode of each saga we could play the whole end song and a clip show from random episodes of the saga.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 am

i like it if it's the last episode or something xD or some dramatic stuff happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 am

cool and that would make things more special when in normal eps endings start on cue but the more meaningful ones start earlier and allXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:31 am

yes~ ^^ some kind of a dramatic effect xD like shocking, sad moments and cliffhangers : P will this satisfy everyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 am

irisfate19 wrote:yes~ ^^ some kind of a dramatic effect xD like shocking, sad moments and cliffhangers : P will this satisfy everyone?

Or we could intentionally have good cliff hangers on all the episodes by mixing up some scenes if necessary. As long as the story isn't affected we could do some chapters/scenes before others and have cliff hangers on all episode endings. We don't necessarily end the episodes after the end of chapters.

I have confidence that more than 2 chapters will fit an episode so example on the Mt Moon chapter we could stop the episode when Koga appears with the Rockets, or when red is at pewter gym and after the semi finals we could stop the episode when Brock is observing him.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:01 am

Ahem...I just realized, that maybe we shouldn't forget that we should actually put credits and disclaimers on our opening and endings. XD Like, how in normal animes they have that 10-second thing where they say sponsors, instead we'll have a really long disclaimer and attributions. And at the beginning AND possible the ending we'll have credits. =3
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:21 am

We'll decide that once we're more into the project, lets not dwell on the thinking/dreaming aspect for too longXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:01 pm

I dont personally think, in a Shounen based manga fanime, we should have the slow draw of the ending, unless its special episodes like an ending or loss episode. And yeah, the complete ending and possibly a lack of opening with scenes into the ending (like D.N.Angels ending, hai?) Would be good at the end of episodes.

For the 'To Be Continued', at the end of a series, or as trailers and teasers, alright. But at the end of ever episode??? I dont agree, its a given that it'll be continued, unless our project ends, which we will have to put a notice up... The Pokemon 'To Be Continued' thing drives me crazy, not many anime do that, because, as I said, its a given. I think it can be put in, but please, not every episode... -.-;
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Ama-chan wrote:I dont personally think, in a Shounen based manga fanime, we should have the slow draw of the ending, unless its special episodes like an ending or loss episode. And yeah, the complete ending and possibly a lack of opening with scenes into the ending (like D.N.Angels ending, hai?) Would be good at the end of episodes.

For the 'To Be Continued', at the end of a series, or as trailers and teasers, alright. But at the end of ever episode??? I dont agree, its a given that it'll be continued, unless our project ends, which we will have to put a notice up... The Pokemon 'To Be Continued' thing drives me crazy, not many anime do that, because, as I said, its a given. I think it can be put in, but please, not every episode... -.-;

perhaps the "to be continued" should only be for large cliffhangers, but like ama-chan said, not every episode. that would take away from the episode itself.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by kaito109 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:44 am

This was not one of my ideas and I dont know the person who did this video but we can talk to her and ask her if she can help us with the opening!!!!!I consider this opening a good opening!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybOKD1_XIYM

Remember i dont own this i just want you to see this video and maybe we could get some ideas!!
kaito109
kaito109

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 pm

kaito109 wrote:This was not one of my ideas and I dont know the person who did this video but we can talk to her and ask her if she can help us with the opening!!!!!I consider this opening a good opening!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybOKD1_XIYM

Remember i dont own this i just want you to see this video and maybe we could get some ideas!!

I've seen this. The first thingi found when searching pokespeanime. It kinda looks fannish, but still a great video!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:04 pm

@ kaito and tweetums: Ive seen it too ^^ pretty good but its the same format as the shaman king OP. *shot*

But yeah its good animation O.O
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Anime Opening and Ending - Page 3 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:54 pm

That's a parody of a real anime and this sorta thing could be done without animation knowledge all you have to do is to follow their timing and spacing. However, I won't deny that doing this is very tediousXDD;

PS: the person who made this aint almasilver, she's just an uploader and that video is made by a japanese from niconico so it'll be hard for us to contact him/her^^;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next