Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viz has gone far enough...

+12
JB2448
Mrtweetums
Zephyr
AkieTara
whatthechuck3
Red_the_knight
Razor-Leaf
Joyfulldreams
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Obsessed Gamer
dirksies
dabeatmaster123
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Viz has gone far enough... Empty Viz has gone far enough...

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:55 pm

We really need to think about the possibility of our forum going down... I mean, maybe we are the problem to all of these scanslations going down... they may come after us if we are not careful, so what would be a backup so we can all still keep in touch with everyone. I have made too many friends here and we have gotten so far...
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Viz has gone far enough... Empty Re: Viz has gone far enough...

Post by dirksies Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Well, there's always skype and emails. I'm sure everyone had hardcopies of most of their own personal stuff on their computers...
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Obsessed Gamer Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Also I was thinking that if Viz (or Nintendo) would let us make the Anime w/o closing/deleting the video for copyright infringment. Viz is already deleting the Pokemon Adventures manga from manga sites. Which means IMO Viz is now power-hungry.
Obsessed Gamer
Obsessed Gamer

Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGamer1992

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Yes but I doubt everyone is in contact with everyone... Im afraid if that happened, we would lose people....
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Having a backup forum is a good idae but here's the thing. We are not at that point to be worry about a backup forum yet. We wound't at that point untell that first episode is done or maybe doing time of the third episode. So far we haven't really done anything to do with copyrigth infringment stuff. So I don't think Viz or Nintendo will come after us just yet.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Good point SAI.

But still, you guys, there's no need to worry. XD The reason for VIZ taking down the manga is obvious enough. They have it liscenced, the manga being online is infringing on it. (Although I don't really see why they have to delete everything. How else are we going to read the later volumes, the ones they havn't done?)

Plus, all they have licensed is the manga itself, not ALL things pokemon. And we havn't even gotten an episode yet. XD We have nothing to worry about, really. Let's just keep on going as we have until something happens. No reason not to.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:05 am

I agree with Joy.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Obsessed Gamer Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:06 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:Good point SAI.

But still, you guys, there's no need to worry. XD The reason for VIZ taking down the manga is obvious enough. They have it liscenced, the manga being online is infringing on it. (Although I don't really see why they have to delete everything. How else are we going to read the later volumes, the ones they havn't done?)

Plus, all they have licensed is the manga itself, not ALL things pokemon. And we havn't even gotten an episode yet. XD We have nothing to worry about, really. Let's just keep on going as we have until something happens. No reason not to.
Yeah. I agree. But it doesn't hurt to plan ahead. Would having a disclaimer on the credits be enough?
Obsessed Gamer
Obsessed Gamer

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGamer1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:57 am

Joy is right. I still have the second script done. Let's hurry before they find out. Hurry and get Professor Oak's voice, Bulbasaur's voice, Machoke's voice, the background, Pokemon voices, and the colors, stat!
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Well we are trying to work on the other voices...but things aren't going according to plan quite yet....ahem....

Anywho, that's a good point Dee, I would miss you guys terribly Sad But maybe the best answer is to just get everyone's contact info asap, that way if we're shut down we can stay in touch and maybe worry about creating another forum (fan forum if we have to) then...(says the fan of procrastination XD)
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 pm

@whatthechuck3
The funny thing about getting everyone's contact information As Soon As Possible is that we arealy have a pleace for that remeber the Skype and MSN theard.

Maybe we should ask people to leave other contact information like, YouTube, deviantART, FaceBook,..... you get the idae.

We should start thinking about seting up the YouTube channel and backup channel, deviantART, Facebook (however I recommend we don't upload anything on them yet. We don't want to put too must out too fast,). You know leave ways so people can fine us. Starting deviantART account should be first thing we do. But before we do those things we need are team name and logo pick out.

I like the sound of Dex Holder productions for a team name.

Sum us what I just said.

1. Get contact information.

2. Set up sites so people can fine us.

3. Pick are team name and logo.

4. Be careful what we upload.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Well, about the DA group, Ezu just set up one! 8D For those of you that have a DA, tell us your username so we can invite you. ^.^

It would be good to get everybody's contact information. But you guys, they aren't going to shut down the forum. XD At worst they will just give us a cease and desist. 'Stop making the anime or we will take you to court'. We have to say 'okay, sorry, we'll stop' and then stop making it, but that doesn't mean they'll have forumotion get rid of our forum. XD

And very good thinking, Sai. I like how what you said sounds. ;3 It's a good think only like 50 members on here are actually active, so that way we'll be able to know when we have everybody. ^_^
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks Joy.

My deviantART user name is SaiTurtlesninjaNX the as my YouTube name.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by AkieTara Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:53 am

My dA username is: akie-tara

I wish I could capitalize it. =w=;
AkieTara
AkieTara
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

http://akie-tara.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:02 am

we could put up a disclaimer before each episode, like
"This is a non-profit fanbase adaption.
Pokemon Adventures is copyright of Viz/Nintendo.
We do not claim ownership in any way.
Please support the official release (Even if that means ordering it from singapore! XD).
PS: By reading this you agree not to sue us."
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 am

Razor-Leaf wrote:we could put up a disclaimer before each episode, like
"This is a non-profit fanbase adaption.
Pokemon Adventures is copyright of Viz/Nintendo.
We do not claim ownership in any way.
Please support the official release (Even if that means ordering it from singapore! XD).
PS: By reading this you agree not to sue us."

ahaha, nice try, razor, but that last bit would not hold up in court.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 am

^_^' At least I tried~!
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 am

XD What we need to do is to have a PROPER disclaimer. We need to say basically what Leaf said, but without making it sound like we took the manga. Something more along the lines of:

'This is a non-profit, fan-based adaption of the manga Pokemon Adventures, the rights to which belong to Viz Media and Nintendo, and we do not claim ownership of any of the characters, locations, story aspects, or any part of the manga itself. If you liked this adaption, please support the manga by purchasing the release by VIZ media or any other official release.' And then provide the URLs for VIZ media's and Nintendo's homepages. I think we could also include Chuang Yi in there.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Nintendo's a bunch of jerks. Did y'all see what they did with that Legend of Zelda fan movie? After years in production, they ordered the folks behind it to take it down from their website. All those years wasted.

Disclaimers don't mean crap to Nintendo, or any corporation for that matter. Fact is, we're taking their IP and possibly representing it in a manner which they don't want portrayed. Nintendo, along with Square Enix, are very protective of their IP.

Good thing is we're very underground. But, the first episode could go viral. In that case, I'm almost positive we'd be be sent a C&D letter soon after.
Zephyr
Zephyr
Team Leader

Music Team Forum Team Audio Team Leader Administrator Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:53 pm

The thing about disclaimers are that they don't really protect videos.

We are better out getting people contact information and have back up plans.

Something I want to point out. If we some how get charges and sow with a criminal offenses. How can they stop us permanently because I don't think they can some how sent us all to jail. The thing is that we are all over the world and the internet legal systems is still new and under develop.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by AkieTara Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 am

I thought the Zelda thing was an april fools joke. o.o;

Also, doesn't Hidenori call the shots with the manga? I didn't think Nintendo had much power over it besides the fact that it's pokemon.
AkieTara
AkieTara
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

http://akie-tara.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:50 am

SaiTutrlesninjaNX wrote:
The thing about disclaimers are that they don't really protect videos.

We are better out getting people contact information and have back up plans.

Something I want to point out. If we some how get charges and sow with a criminal offenses. How can they stop us permanently because I don't think they can some how sent us all to jail. The thing is that we are all over the world and the internet legal systems is still new and under develop.

That's serious. It looks like you guys might need a lawyer to help get you guys out of it. There must be a good reason why we're going it, other than doing something illega and fanbased.

Zephry wrote:
Nintendo's a bunch of jerks. Did y'all see what they did with that Legend of Zelda fan movie? After years in production, they ordered the folks behind it to take it down from their website. All those years wasted.

Disclaimers don't mean crap to Nintendo, or any corporation for that matter. Fact is, we're taking their IP and possibly representing it in a manner which they don't want portrayed. Nintendo, along with Square Enix, are very protective of their IP.

Good thing is we're very underground. But, the first episode could go viral. In that case, I'm almost positive we'd be be sent a C&D letter soon after.

You got that right. They are jerks. They even ruined good past games because they're priks.

No way I'm going to let this fanbased sight down. If so, then we might need a better plan.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:44 am

Nah, nintendos not as evil as you think...

I still trust them! Who knows? Try may just let us go do our own thing in peace!

(as for the legend of Zelda thing...it was an Aprils fools Joke, by the folks over at ign...that's what's you're talking about, right?)

We've had the copyright discussion so many times, on so many differing threads...I thought the agreement was to not deal with it, til it comes. And if we do get a cease and desist, we stop the project. But with a good disclaimer (better throw something in there about the "fair use" law; just so nobody gets any ideas), we should be fine. And if not, we'll keep in touch, and (hopefully by then) have a fanbase who will demand that we return to viz and stuff!

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

...so yeah, I just feel, we deal with it as it comes. (Technically), we haven't done anything wrong yet, so we should at least be able to complete a few episodes. If the site gets shut down, we'll revert to our back up DA group. If we get a cease and desist...best not to talk about that.

But before any copyright action ensues, we could either:
A. Keep the project under hushhush, and hopefully keep all the videos private, until the first season is finished, that way, we could release the whole season at once, and if we get any copyright mayhem, at least we wouldve given some closure to our project. (though this might be hard to do...'cause there's always the chance of our videos being leaking to YouTube...that would throw a wrench into the system...)

or B. Release every episode when it comes out on ALL the public streaming sites (YouTube, blip, etc.), and on multiple accounts to ensure publicity. Even though we'll get shut down much faster, (hopefully) our fanbase can bail us out. (complaint videos to the appropriate companies, the "fair use" law, etc.)
you can never know what fans will do to get what they want! (family guy, little kuriboh, etc.)

I prefer A. But if worse comes to worse...
So, we just deal with the copyright issues as they come. That was our original plan, right? If we deal with 'em now, we may never get the first episode off the ground!
(though it's good to plan ahead...for emergencies)
but for now, just look on the sunny side of life! (I sound like a motivational poster...and I ranted again...)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Viz has gone far enough... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:50 am

SAI, the problem isn't in being sent to jail. ^.^; We won't get set to jail for it, we could possibly be sued for a lot of money. But you guys are SERIOUSLY overreacting. >.>; Stop freaking out!

1. IN THE VERY WORST CASE SCENARIO we get a Cease and Desist from VIZ.
2. Nintendo doesn't really give a care about the manga, so we don't really need to care about that.
3. Do you have any idea how much manga artist and writers LOVE fan works like this? Why do you think Doujinshi is so popular in Japan? CLAMP itself originally was just Doujinshi, and now look at them! Stuff like this is SUPPORTED there. We have no need to worry about any Japanese company or Satoshi and Hidenori having beef with us.
4. VIZ is our ONLY problem. You guys need to quit panicking. We realized the risks, but what plan could you guys possibly have? If we get a cease and desist, if we don't stop, we WILL get sued. So we will have to stop, and it's a real shame, but that's the way it's going to have to be.
5. However, the chances of this happening are small. Quit panicking, if VIZ doesn't like what we are doing there is nothing we can do about it. Let's just keep going as we have and stop worrying!!
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 am

Joy is rigth. We should keep going without worry for now and who know they maybe like Funimation and like us like how Funimation like Dragonballz abridged.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum