Social communications thread

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Oh I thought you meant animation bloopers, like the character messes up or something. That would be funny, but would require extra effort.

One like vba? That's pretty hard. Vba is a superb emulator, so it's pretty hard to duplicate. You can't do full screen on any nds emulator (cause of the double screens), and quick save's kinda tough. Though the emulator I'm thinking of is pretty fast, it only fufills 1 of your requirement.

Blackjack has bloopers? I own the entire anime series and I don't recall bloopers (perhaps bcause I haven't watched much)

Yeah animation bloopers are what I meant. Example on the recent joke on the site I mentioned made a blooper on FRLG. The part where Blue was attacked by deoxys and her parents are about to fall into the black hole was changed. Instead as Red and Green was charging towards the scene, they were the ones sucked in instead and everyone was huh??

In animax here black jack has bloopers. After the ending music they will show a scene from the episode and make it funny. Maybe you saw the other black jack version, the more serious one. But the other version I mentioned has those bloopers.

Could you PM me a link for that emulator? I am aware that nintendo ds doesn't have perfect emulators yet but I'm willing to try anything that would help me play better.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah, I think I saw the more serious one.

Uhh...I don't think I could pm you this, but I can give you a hint. It has a "$" in it's name. It's the most popular nds emulator, and i think you mightve already tried it. If you still don't know what I'm referring to, I could pm you, though I think you might know what I'm talking about.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Yeah, I think I saw the more serious one.

Uhh...I don't think I could pm you this, but I can give you a hint. It has a "$" in it's name. It's the most popular nds emulator, and i think you mightve already tried it. If you still don't know what I'm referring to, I could pm you, though I think you might know what I'm talking about.

Oh was it no $? Ok then I'll just wait for a better nds emulator. But seriously so many good games being released and I can't play them.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:09 pm

What's the problem with no$? I can play platinum just fine! (And Soul silver, but it would help if I could read Japanese)

if it's a save problem I could help you out with that. If it's a speed problem I could help too. If it's the fact that the roms don't work at all I could help you.

Just pm me if you're have questions bout it. No worries ^^

and they made 2 versions of blackjack? Never knew that. Wonder what the other one is like...

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:What's the problem with no$? I can play platinum just fine! (And Soul silver, but it would help if I could read Japanese)

if it's a save problem I could help you out with that. If it's a speed problem I could help too. If it's the fact that the roms don't work at all I could help you.

Just pm me if you're have questions bout it. No worries ^^

and they made 2 versions of blackjack? Never knew that. Wonder what the other one is like...

I'll note you now ok?

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Ok.

Now here's a new question.

Favorite character in pokespe?
(not only dexholders; anyone)

Gold is my favorite character (cause he's so awesome)

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Ok.

Now here's a new question.

Favorite character in pokespe?
(not only dexholders; anyone)

Gold is my favorite character (cause he's so awesome)

Ok this is a fun question. Red is my favorite. He's not only awesome and cool but unlike other characters he shows weakness and determination to improve. He may be the only champion dex holder but it just goes to show that he can still lose. He can defeat legendary pokemon and even fought alongside one on numerous occasions.

Though there are 2 sad parts on him, despite the fact that he's the most well adjusted dex holder, he has no family ever mentioned and that kusaka likes trapping him in something all the time. First in ice then in stone and its longer every time.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:52 pm

I've noticed about the traps. lolz

well, he's not the only dexholder with no family. How bout emerald? Sure, he has a backstory, but no parents! Did they just abandon him?

Red seems kinda ok with life, just wandering around in RGB, unlike emerald who went all emo...

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:I've noticed about the traps. lolz

well, he's not the only dexholder with no family. How bout emerald? Sure, he has a backstory, but no parents! Did they just abandon him?

Red seems kinda ok with life, just wandering around in RGB, unlike emerald who went all emo...

Yeah Kusaka might want to have him displayed or something.

Yes but emerald's backstory is only shown as a flashback on one arc but Red is present on many of the arcs. Though in FRLG I kinda wish that instead of the new characters the beast trio. They had just used Subrina and Surge instead and a new rocket executive with a mask (which is later revealed as Red's clone Very Happy or long lost brother)

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Now THAT would be interesting.

But yeah, did Lt Surge and Sabrina just leAve team rocket? What's with the new chars (beast trio)? Perhaps they'll explain in hgss, oh wait, new rocket executives! *sigh of defeat

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Now THAT would be interesting.

But yeah, did Lt Surge and Sabrina just leAve team rocket? What's with the new chars (beast trio)? Perhaps they'll explain in hgss, oh wait, new rocket executives! *sigh of defeat

They never even resolved what happened to Sird. Now they make new rocket executives? If they just returned Sird with the armor instead of that stupid archie then it would have been resolved. Plus Surge and Subrina has loyalty to giovanni and they are eagerly waiting for a comeback. Also they may be reformed but if its giovanni's son then they would still gladly help them. Lorelei and Subrina will also have a rematch.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by dirksies on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Mewtwo also mysteriously vanishes after Red and co. are turned to stone, unless I missed something there...

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic
Gender : Female
Posts : 1326
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:04 pm

dirksies wrote:Mewtwo also mysteriously vanishes after Red and co. are turned to stone, unless I missed something there...

At first I thought Pika and Chu chu disappeared as well but now that they were shown I believe mewtwo may be with Blaine again under recuperation or something. I like how this manga really concentrate on the humans than the pokemon, after the trainer gets knocked out the pokemon also disappears. Evidenced by this when the dex holders turned to stone, when Red was frozen, when lorelei was knocked out, when orm died etc.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by dirksies on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Hm, that is true. Okay, that makes sense. Thank you!

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic
Gender : Female
Posts : 1326
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:17 pm

videofan9864 wrote:
dirksies wrote:Mewtwo also mysteriously vanishes after Red and co. are turned to stone, unless I missed something there...

At first I thought Pika and Chu chu disappeared as well but now that they were shown I believe mewtwo may be with Blaine again under recuperation or something. I like how this manga really concentrate on the humans than the pokemon, after the trainer gets knocked out the pokemon also disappears. Evidenced by this when the dex holders turned to stone, when Red was frozen, when lorelei was knocked out, when orm died etc.

say wha...? Perhaps I should reread FRLG. I haven't read it recently because it's not my favorite arc. (red shirtless fangirls, please don't kill me!)

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:
videofan9864 wrote:
dirksies wrote:Mewtwo also mysteriously vanishes after Red and co. are turned to stone, unless I missed something there...

At first I thought Pika and Chu chu disappeared as well but now that they were shown I believe mewtwo may be with Blaine again under recuperation or something. I like how this manga really concentrate on the humans than the pokemon, after the trainer gets knocked out the pokemon also disappears. Evidenced by this when the dex holders turned to stone, when Red was frozen, when lorelei was knocked out, when orm died etc.

say wha...? Perhaps I should reread FRLG. I haven't read it recently because it's not my favorite arc. (red shirtless fangirls, please don't kill me!)

You didn't notice that when sird arrived Pika and Chu chu were next to their trainers. But after all the fuss they disappeared and then they were just shown on emerald arc. So the same must have happened to mewtwo. The light blew MAY HAVE BLEW it a few feet away on a nearby area or something.

Yeah the manga misses so many things that's why I wanted an anime as well. Though I do wonder why the mention of FRLG is always reminded of shirtless red. He has done it a few times already on all sagas he was shown.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Light? I REALLY need to reread frlg.

I dunno about shirtless Red, whenever I read mangafox's poll for best arc, I always see fangirls saying, "frlg, cause of shirtless red". I kinda assumed on that one.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by dirksies on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Though shirtless Red does make me very happy, I like frlg arc a lot because I feel like it's so intense throughout. Some of the other arcs, r/s comes to mind specifically, take a long time to get to the exciting parts, and it just feels really tedious for awhile. Frlg starts out with Deoxys attacking Red and Green and then stealing Blue's parents all in pretty much the first couple chapters. there'a also a lot of good character development, especially for Red.

I think y arc is kinda like this too

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic
Gender : Female
Posts : 1326
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:36 pm

i like it when its kinda relaxing, light hearted, building up hints and clues...

UNTIL THE CLIMAX SUDDENLY HITS YOU!, and then you realize why all of that had to happen. And then the climax combines the most epicness moments into a destructive moment of raw emotion, epic battles, pure exposition for the character's actions, and of course, pokemon.

And of course, a little humor wouldn't hurt (i kept cracking up at Silver's reaction to his wanted poster)

Thats why my favorite arc is GSC. (and my favorite games) I like RS too, but it moves much to slow for my tastes. Though the romance in it was pretty nice.

My brother's favorite arc is RGB, but on the other hand, hes only read RGB and Yellow. He refused to read any more, because he didnt like the first chapter of Gold.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 pm

dirksies wrote:Though shirtless Red does make me very happy, I like frlg arc a lot because I feel like it's so intense throughout. Some of the other arcs, r/s comes to mind specifically, take a long time to get to the exciting parts, and it just feels really tedious for awhile. Frlg starts out with Deoxys attacking Red and Green and then stealing Blue's parents all in pretty much the first couple chapters. there'a also a lot of good character development, especially for Red.

I think y arc is kinda like this too

Oh you're an avid Red fangirl? I know of a few other Red fangirls as well. On DA most of the people I got to work with is like that. But what annoyed me on FRLG is that it was really short. I mean RGB and Yellow was short as well. Yet the others were so long. That wasn't fair.

I love yellow arc too, especially the elite four battles. They made the elite four powerful and used the buildup that "AHH the pokemon league champion lost to them, how will we win against them" Yet they were able to be beaten. But if they made it an 8 on 4 battle in one place the elite four may have won. (The combination attacks, the Ghost, Fighting, and Ice that was used on Red +Lance's dragon) Though what's annoying is 2 things
1. Agatha got out scot free. I mean she masterminded everything and she's a villain to hate yet she left just like that.
2. Bruno too. Mind controlled or not he got off pretty easy. (Remember the frown on Red's face when bruno was laughing before he left? I think he must thought, JUST LIKE THAT YOU'RE LEAVING? I haven't even crushed your pokemon yet.)

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by dirksies on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 am

i'm not an avid fangirl, but i can appreciate fan service ^.^

Yeah, what ever happened to agatha anyway. I mean she didn't even really have a big epic battle showdown like the other three. she just sort of disappeared (but then again i might be remembering that part wrong, I haven't read that part of y recently.) The only huge battle i remember her having is the one with Green.

I always thought it was a little weird that Bruno, who is supposed to be strong in mind and in spirit, suffered from mind control. It kinda felt a little like a cop out by the writers, but it was an interesting twist.

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic
Gender : Female
Posts : 1326
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:10 pm

dirksies wrote:i'm not an avid fangirl, but i can appreciate fan service ^.^

Yeah, what ever happened to agatha anyway. I mean she didn't even really have a big epic battle showdown like the other three. she just sort of disappeared (but then again i might be remembering that part wrong, I haven't read that part of y recently.) The only huge battle i remember her having is the one with Green.

I always thought it was a little weird that Bruno, who is supposed to be strong in mind and in spirit, suffered from mind control. It kinda felt a little like a cop out by the writers, but it was an interesting twist.

All of Agatha's battles are with green. The flashback on RGB arc, The one with the gastly and the last one. As for me Agatha's battle was good enough, cause even with just her last gengar she still fought back though I wish that after she lost there was a short flashback of her thinking about how she lost to oak and what oak said about his pokedex and she said something like "You two are the same, you AND you're pathetic grandfather. " Then she jumped to her death. (If she were going to disappear anyway why not make it a blast.

Yeah just shows how really weak bruno is. I never really did like him. I mean manga wise he's got moves but on his first battle with Red they were neck and neck but on his last battle, he retreated. He does fits well with fighting green cause he's the martial arts expert. Though Bruno was controlled all his pokemon shoudn't really have been. But then again some of special doesn't make sense anyway, the biggest one on yellow arc is Lorelei's ice, for those 3? weeks red was frozen the ice never melted even once. It would make more logical sense if some ice pokemon was left there to use ice beam every time the ice nears melting.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 pm

Well, it's a pokemon manga! Use a bit o imagination. How could any of this stuff happen in real life? Probably just that the ice had some mystic power.

But here's a question I don't get. What's the whole ice, fighting, ghost thing about? How did those 3 types defeat red? What did they even do?

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Well, it's a pokemon manga! Use a bit o imagination. How could any of this stuff happen in real life? Probably just that the ice had some mystic power.

But here's a question I don't get. What's the whole ice, fighting, ghost thing about? How did those 3 types defeat red? What did they even do?

It would make more sense if Red fell off a cliff to the sea. Then he was in a comma for weeks. That would certainly explain a lot of things (Pika despite wanting to find Red conveniently had an amnesia, Red not appearing despite being rescued even before pika got back to pallet, and Red not trying to contact anyone and suddenly invade the enemy fortress on his own and Lorelei not trying to freeze yellow the first time they met)

Yeah that's also why I mentioned on my earlier post that the elite four would be better off fighting together. They never did explain that combination attack.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by dirksies on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:26 pm

videofan9864 wrote:

It would make more sense if Red fell off a cliff to the sea. Then he was in a comma for weeks. That would certainly explain a lot of things (Pika despite wanting to find Red conveniently had an amnesia, Red not appearing despite being rescued even before pika got back to pallet, and Red not trying to contact anyone and suddenly invade the enemy fortress on his own and Lorelei not trying to freeze yellow the first time they met)

Yeah that's also why I mentioned on my earlier post that the elite four would be better off fighting together. They never did explain that combination attack.

I always thought that Pika was seriously psychologically damaged by the battle. how would you feel if your trainer was frozen in a block of ice before your eyes and you couldn't do anything? Red not appearing might have had something to do with his mini quest of getting the three forever evolution stones and he also might have been laying low for the sake of keeping the Elite Four unawares that he was actually okay. Red in general seems like a character that would want to take the bad guys down for himself 1.) he wouldn't want to get others hurt, 2.) he wants to get revenge (rather minor) 3.) he really wants to have a battle with Bruno again.

This could probably be further developed in the anime, or we could make this into bloopers. Can you imagine it? The Mysterious Mis-Adventures of Red!

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic
Gender : Female
Posts : 1326
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Social communications thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum