Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insert songs?

+2
Kazaazz
john
6 posters

Go down

Insert songs? Empty Insert songs?

Post by john Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 am

Has the team decided if they are going to make use of insert songs in the anime? So far, I have yet to see any discussion on an insert song that will be played during at key moments in the anime.

If the team has plans to create insert songs, what kind of insert songs would the team be aiming for?

john

Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Insert songs? Empty Re: Insert songs?

Post by Kazaazz Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:33 am

Insert songs...true, BGM might not fit everything we hope for. That's an interesting point. But insert songs are really only used for mega climatic moments in the series but we haven't even done the first episode yet. Maybe we'll consider having an insert song at the Pokemon League or Red vs Giovanni (at the end of course or during the 'fightback moment') but...that's quite a ways down the line, if we even get that far. Maybe this is something we keep in the back of our minds for now, rather than seriously consider right now, since it'll be a while till we use one.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Insert songs? Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by john Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 am

Kazaazz wrote:Insert songs...true, BGM might not fit everything we hope for. That's an interesting point. But insert songs are really only used for mega climatic moments in the series but we haven't even done the first episode yet. Maybe we'll consider having an insert song at the Pokemon League or Red vs Giovanni (at the end of course or during the 'fightback moment') but...that's quite a ways down the line, if we even get that far. Maybe this is something we keep in the back of our minds for now, rather than seriously consider right now, since it'll be a while till we use one.

Couldn't it be used when Red defeats the various gym leaders as well?

Well, the reason why I am raising up now is because I thought that team is going to create the song first and try and find a way to edit it into the clip.

john

Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexie82818 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:53 pm

I never knew there was a difference for background music. I always just knew background music as "music played in the background for certain occasions." I guess what you're saying here, is inputing "insert songs" for battles and stuff? Or victory music?
Alexie82818
Alexie82818
Staff

Music Team Voice Team VA Critic Insert songs? Bg10

http://fishenod.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Well in my experience, anime's only use insert songs when it's like the pinnacle of awesomeness for the moment sort of thing, because singing just HAS to accompany it and normal BGM won't cut no matter how epic it is. Gym leaders...it just happens too often for them to put a song in every time. When you put in a insert, it gets noticed. Music itself is hard to get noticed when sometimes there's so much going on.

It happens only at the pinnacle of a series, where it's truly awesome. And remember it's a song, with singing, not a piece of music.

I stand by my previous statements on this. And yes Alexie, BGM does have some variation. It isn't there just because it can be, it's there because it has to be. You'll notice when there isn't music, except in times of conversation, although it can be used then. Believe me, BGM is VERY important. Inserts are only used sparingly. Very sparingly. And even then, they're different every time. Inserts are our ace in the hole, while BGM is our usual hand.

Think about it, an anime with inserts every couple of episodes will get noticed. It'll turn dull. Why? Because BGM has CHARACTER. Trust me john, inserts will be used more than likely, but not now. Dearie me, no.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexie82818 Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Oh ok now I get what insert music is and I know exactly what you mean!! I already understand background music and it's uses, and indeed, almost all scenes need at least a little tune in the background, otherwise everything gets dull, and the bgm helps convey tone and mood as well. At least now I know what insert songs are. And yes, doing it for each gym leader battle is overkill, if the music team does compose one. We won't need one for a long long time though, since nothing extremely epic occurs in the first episode.
Alexie82818
Alexie82818
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Yeah, sorry about the overkill on the subject there Alexie, but john needed a little enlightment on the subject. Yeah, sorry bout that. Now that I think about it, it's probably why those staff members are eager for singers. They really do think ahead...

Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:21 pm

I think about the only scene that might be epic enough for putting insert music in would be in the Emerald arc when the first 4 dexholders and Silver break out of the stone and for the battle afterwards...
There's no other moment in the manga I think that needs the impact the insert music creates.
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Insert songs? Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm not sure what scenes (care to refresh my memory?) are impactful enough to use insert songs, but digimon 01 uses it almost every other episode and some of them really worked out quite well i think. Having an insert song will definitely make moments more memorable in my opinion.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by john Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:27 am

Aki11 wrote:I'm not sure what scenes (care to refresh my memory?) are impactful enough to use insert songs, but digimon 01 uses it almost every other episode and some of them really worked out quite well i think. Having an insert song will definitely make moments more memorable in my opinion.

When Pikachu decides to fight for Red in the fight against Brock? Or during the time where Red's Poliwrath starts to fight back against Lt. Surge?

john

Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:39 am

ah, when poliwrath saves red from the sea, that seems good too>W< *important moment between poli and red*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by john Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:23 am

Another scene where an insert song could be played would be during the first and second battle against Koga.

john

Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexie82818 Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:14 am

That might not b epic enough. I think if insert songs are used anywhere in the first arc, it's at the end, and Red and Green have their final clash during the pokemon league. Like the moment Red finally gets the upper hand again, or maybe a little before the last attacks are intiated. That might be insert song-worthy.
Alexie82818
Alexie82818
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by john Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Alexie82818 wrote:That might not b epic enough. I think if insert songs are used anywhere in the first arc, it's at the end, and Red and Green have their final clash during the pokemon league. Like the moment Red finally gets the upper hand again, or maybe a little before the last attacks are intiated. That might be insert song-worthy.

But most anime do make use of insert songs rather frequently. There's no point of having an insert song if you are going to use it at the very end.

The fight against Mewtwo, the fight against Moltres, the fight in Team Rocket's headquarters all can make use of an insert song.

john

Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:41 am

Well, also remember about the 'fightback' moments. Insert songs are often used in those moments to give greater impact. Moments that come to mind about this in the first arc include...Red vs Giovanni, Red vs. Green, where R/G/B all use their starters to attack at Silph Co, the end of the arc.

Perhaps also Pikachu deciding to fight Brock in the Gym Battle, Poliwrath saving Red, as they could work and there are very good fightback moments.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Sun May 22, 2011 11:53 am

I think it depends on what music you intend to use for a "fightback" moment. The anime, for example, uses this whenever it looks like Ash is about to turn the fight around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv87lkkSr18&feature=related

Unless you're referring to a major battle where it's so intense, that it gets it's own special background music like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

For the Red Vs Green fight, we could always remix the Champion Theme. Giovanni has had a couple of themes we could remix as well, found hereandhere.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team Insert songs? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down