Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations

+7
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Aki11
Illy
Supernova
HamsterPants
Kazaazz
Pokexpress
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations

Post by Pokexpress Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:39 am

Ooh, Beyblade! Used to watch it as a kid--I gotta agree that the story sucks, as like other shows based on merchandise (Bomberman? B-Daman? Mini 4WD...or something like that, I don't remember the name?), but I still watched it anyways. Heh.

I used to have a Dranzer, but it broke. ;_;

I'd highly recommend Bakuman, if you enjoyed Death Note. I love how Ohba and Obata pull off the realistic feel about the series. Very Happy
Pokexpress
Pokexpress

Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations

Post by Kazaazz Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 pm

...hmm, if I enjoyed Death Note? I did very very much enjoy DeathNote. I think I will check it out then.

@ Aki - you won't believe how many skid marks against one of the walls at the back of primary school had for 6 months. It was as if everyone slashed it with a sword. I actually collected the Dragoon series myself, although I did get Dranzer MS at one point. That was actually the one I used the most next to Dragoon MS, cause it always beat the Dragoons I faced. XD. But couldn't beat the Draciels...Darn.

As for drawing...it was usually Naruto characters for me actually. (I loved drawing scribbling Kakashi the most =3) But I may just start doing Beyblade drawings now. I feel so motivated. *3*

But overall for Beyblade, it's the manga and season 1 for me. I have checked out Metal Fight Beyblade...and it does expand on the battles nicely. But...I miss Kai >_>
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 am

I love Beyblade and I never knew there was a manga. I first watched it a couple of years ago but season 2 kind of felt like it was filler, it wasnt that good in my opinion. I haven't watched the new series Metal Fight, but I don't really have much hope for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 am

I wish the place which had every volume uploaded was still around so I could link you, but they shut themselves down because there was never much activity...it's a real shame )=.

But no, the manga is actually much better than the anime I think. The anime only follows the plot vaguely and expands on everything it gets its hands on. For instance in season 1, when they're going through the tournaments, like the China, USA, Russia etc, in the manga it doesn't actually have a tournament until Russia (i.e. world champs) if you don't count the regionals at the beginning. Ray only has his issues with the White Tigers in their village with a single battle, and Michael was only introduced in an extra chapter put at the end of a volume XD.

It's only 14 volumes long, so it doesn't take long to read and really quite enjoyable. It's not mind-boggling awesome or jaw-droppingly fantastic, but it is very good at least compared to the anime. I myself quite enjoyed the difference between the two, making it rather fresh to read.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 pm

I had a Dranzer, it was the first beyblade I ever got(well, actually my little brother bought it), though my favorite as a kid was Draciel. The Dranzer was extremely balanced, in fact, it was a little too balanced, but I found it's base to be the most useful part, I couldn't do anything with the attack ring, that was just poorly designed in the first place.

Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 236860-FL3PJCZ
This was my first beyblade that I bought with my own money, the Draciel Metal Ball Defenser. It's one of the smallest beyblades I've owned. I found it to be more useful when using an Eight Wide Weight Disk, it'd help me trump the taller beyblades anyway....

And then I got this thing...
Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 236861-1CJL1U5
Draciel F/Fortress. Definitely a personal favorite...
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 am

Mine was a driger s (first one), and for some reason after buying a driger F my losing streak increased when supposedly driger F's stronger... And anyone else had the case of bitchips flying out all during impact like all the time?<A<;;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:44 am

Bakuman is great. ;w; gyaaa. And I want to read PCP, seriously. xDD and Crow haha. Oh yeah Ouran manga ended already. ooh finally. ;w;

Um, has anyone mentioned Natsume Yuujinchou? (Sorry too many long posts. >_> ) Beautiful~ ;A; I like the manga and the anime. The anime is kinda short though. But still heartwarming and the music is nice. The story is about youkai and spirits, but no swords or hardcore battles. More of interactions and life. : D
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9419

Oh yeah Ookiku Furikabutte. Oofuri. >w< It's about baseball but but no super human baseball skills or anything. Really kind of slice of life. Beautiful, too. ^^
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7421

Speaking of baseball, anyone knows Dorabase? 8D hehe. They are cute haha. Baseball in doraemon world. I love doraemon, I grew up with it, and I love this, too. >w<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorabase

hmm nostalgic stuff, I love Yu-Gi-Oh! Especially the manga, volume 1-7. The shadow games. Very different from the card games, really. Not really a hardcore fan but nostalgic hehe. ^^ Oh I only played beyblade in video games. Kinda fun though. xD Those beasts thing.. and smashing the joystick buttons. >w>

I'm losing interest in anime these days. Too much harem, hentai, ecchi stuff. (esp those adapted from hentai games).

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I WATCHED NATSUME YUUJINCHOU. Luv luv LUV! It's a lot like xXxHOLiC, especially with the, y'know 'orphan who can see spirits + outcast + bad past stumbles upon and helps people and spirits bla bla bla'...but not depressing! 8D God, it is a rare anime that end the end of the episode I just feel like smiling. X3 Like, just, happy. It's awesome. And I totally forgot there was a manga MUST READ.

Neko-sensei is adorable and awesome too. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Ah~ Bayblade makes me so nostalgic~
I remember oh so many years ago when Bayblades had hit it's peak around my school; almost everyone had one and coming home completely envious, I asked my to get me some. She, being the sensible adult, dragged me off to a 2nd-hand/bargin store and got some cheep copy-off tops for about $2 which had a little raptor sticker stuck on as the bit beast and the top itself had an awful colour sceme of bright pink, yellow and dark red.
Naturally I wasn't impressed, but the very next day went to school, got teased for buying a 'rip-off' and then proceded to consistently beat everyone playing for the next week~ X3
...Then everyone quit and decided they hated the show... --__--;

Come to think of it, Yu-Gi-Oh was like that too; except I eventually got back into it (some of the cards are just so pretty~) and the manga itself was pretty gripping if a tad overkill in punishments for villains... *winces* Oh well~
-----
A manga I have to advertise here (I would rather not mention its anime) is Mahou Sensei Negima, which is essentually a harem/Shonen series, with a 10-year old teather as the lead character. Yes, you got that right, he's TEN! (Don't worry, he's a Wizard! That solves everything! ...Not really...)
It's a wacky series, often duing a balancing act between it's two main genres and in resent chapters has been leaning way more towards the fight, but if you decide to read it, watch out for the nudity: There's lots of of it.
Lots of fun and even the sillyest bits actually have a lot plot behind it, and as for the many 30+ characters... there's bound to be one you love~ XD
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:06 am

ooh I want to see Natsume's grandma~ >A< she's so cute~~~

ah right Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood? Or the manga. the first FMA anime is kinda weird, really. >A> But I'm pretty sure everyone knows FMA already.

Oh yeah the manga Tekken Chinmi. >w< oh I have all the volumes. It's about Kung Fu and um, fights? Chinmi is a bit typical hero but the first few volumes when he's not that mature yet, really funny. xD It's a bit classic I think. There's an anime of it long ago, but very short compared to the manga. So I'm sure the manga is way better. There's a sequel series called Shin Tekken Chinmi too, but nowadays I'm kinda busy so can't keep up with it. T_T
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironfist_Chinmi

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowCory Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:55 am

Ive got a lot of anime I've gone through. Ones I remember that I think are worth watching are Angel Beats, Akikan,Air Gear, Bokutatsu Tenshi Dokuro chan(or something like that), um.....i love bleach manga and anime. currently watching some new stuff. I love weird anime. watching MM, Futakoi Alternative is funny, FLCL(Furi Curi),Seitokai Yakuindomo. And theres so much more I've watched that I just can't think of right now. And also RvB which kinda started off many gamers into voice acting. Halo 2 ftw lol
ShadowCory
ShadowCory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:21 am

RvB? what is that? And how did it make gamers start to voice act? O:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowCory Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:27 am

Its possibly the largest machinima series on the internet for gamers(mainly those on the xbox 360 who have played halo) they ended up doing so well that they were sponsored by the very people who made the game they do their filming on. They started a huge thing where people take videos in game and then add voice acting to it. Though most things that sprouted from that were just as it were....random comedies. But yeah thats where I come from is from comedy film making i guess. lol just randomness and weirdness.
ShadowCory
ShadowCory

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:00 am

Aki11 wrote:

what I'm referring to is bakuman, a story about 2 teenagers, working to be the best mangaka in shounen jump. The story and art is by the author and illustrator of death note. Though this one remains truly as a slice of life piece. But I loved it because it provides so much insight to the mangaka industry*w* I have a feeling this story is loosely based off the author and illustrator themselves, because the 2 teenagers of the story, saiko and takagi, are also an artist and a writer respectively. The first episode of the anime just came out yesterday, though it's focusing more on the romance for now. (but what saiko says in his monologue will hold a lot of empathy for many of us, me thinks.)

Lol, your enthusiastic recommendations + a cool subbing group subbing it encouraged me to watch this. I read chapters 1 and 2 after the epsiodes and they seemed the same to me ^_^ (virtually no difference tbh ... just a couple of scenes here and there to fill time which led into another event later)

Probably not going to bother with teh manga unless the anime stops after one season or deviates massively or something.

Buuut, the point is, I realllly liked it! It was so awesome in some totally indescribable way. I like the premise of the story.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Anime/Manga discussion and recommendations - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I just started watching Bakuman too! Watched the anime first, but I got teh anime addiction ^~^. Doing reading of Bakuman quick quick quickly! I really really relate to the characters so well and it constantly reminds me of Death Note. Bliss...

*content look*
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:09 pm

yay~! spread the bakuman love~ 8D

and *off-topic* yay you're back Kaz~ missed you! >w<

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:58 am

Glad to be back! Sicilian sun makes me cook and high altitudes make it tough to breathe...amazingly I still had fun though!

*On topic* 34 chapters into Bakuman! Also I noticed that Fairy Tail has been dubbed recently by Animax! It's definitely not the best quality dub I've heard...but it gives me an excuse to rewatch the episodes. ^^
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3