Forum Stuff ;D

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Forum Stuff ;D

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 am

*bump*

Ok so I updated the staff contact list thread here and there.. >w>
I hope leaders and vices can help with updating the list too. especially VA section.

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:05 pm

ok, I added some stuff. Hopefully it was vaguely helpful =]

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:55 am

I just noticed our Illustration Auditions forum is actually called 'Illustration Audtions'. lol.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 am

XDDDD lol seriously I didn't notice that at all. Will change right away~
Thanks nova. OwO As expected from the head scripter, spelling check. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Ezuuuuuu, I have a suggestion but I'm not sure whether to put it here or the other place but it's to do with the forum specifically so I'll post it here...

You know the quick links at the top of the page, like Home, FAQ etc? I feel those need to be edited BIG TIME, with the first point of call being the FAQ. It doesn't explain what we do AT ALL and just kind of explains general problems/issues that can happen on any forum on the internet. It's all good that it's there, but this is OUR forum too. So I thought it would be a good idea if we put some answers to some FAQ that I get, well, frequently asked.

Here's a few questions that seem to pop up most of the time for me from the newbies ...:
Are you going to call the rival Green or Blue?
What's the name of the anime called?
Are you going to keep the Pokemon noises the same as in the anime?
Where can I see progress of your work?
How can I become a staff member?
Are you going to be using your own sound effects or music, or will you use the games'?
I'm useless at everything (drawing and VA etc) but I still want to help! What can I do? (answer being advertising our cause or giving opinions of our work)
Are you aiming for TV? (NO.)
Are you gonna make a trailer? (Maaaaybe, kind of up in the air isn't it?_
Can I donate? (NOOOOOOOO!)

Only suggestions though so...yeah.

Another one of the quicklinks that bother me is the usergroups one. It just seems to serve no purpose, other than giving me the possibility of getting rid of my mod status... XD
But since it automatically puts people with the respective usergroup on the page when you view the lists, I was wondering if it could serve as an easier to navigate staff list page. I know there's one in the staff forums but it'd be good for the newbies to know who's heading our project quickly and such (no need to add the contact details of course)...besides, on that page, our names will be there in our shiny colours... *shot*

Oh, and I don't mind the calendar...it lets us know eachother's birthdays after all!

OH AND AND! Shouldn't the problems/issues forum be public too? Since everyone can have problems? Just wondering....

Just trying to help~~ ^^

Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic

View user profile http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 pm

I like the FAQ idea! (though we haven't really had any n00b questionings in a while *shot) Still seems like a good idea! If there's confirmation, we can easily get started on that!

The usergroups thing? I guess it IS kinda useless... Did you say you wanted to alter that into a staff page thing? That's a good idea!
The problems and issues forum isn't public? O.o Do you mean that non-staff members can't comment, or that we should move it to general discussion? (its because I've seen other people comment in the Problems and Issues forums, so I'm just wondering) It seems like the Problems and Issues forum is unlocked...so should I move it anyways?

You're such a great moderator, Kaz! If we ever need a new admin, you've certainly got my vote! ^^

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:10 am

Oh yeah thanks for the FAQ suggestion. O: I'll try to play with it.

And about the usergroup quicklink, it is important to me. >_< Easier to put people in groups and such. C: (however I cannot change anything about it sorry >_<)

And the problem and issues thread is accessible by everyone. It's just located under staff forum category.

ANd about the FAQ, can you give me a list of questions and answers? I'm not good at this kind of stuff. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:30 pm

...me, an admin tweetums? *laughs nervously*
...Oh you were serious?
...*doesn't know what to say*

*clears throat*

Aw, you can't do anything about the usergroups thing? I just remember that when I was new to the forums and exploring the place, I found it rather disconcerting to go onto it, being asked whether I would like to join a group, and then being told that no new people in this group were going to be accepted. So that makes it kind of pointless to anyone who's not an admin, and probably rather off-putting to any newbies too. Just saying.

As for the problems/issues forum, it's technically in the 'staff forums' and since newbies may think it as staff-only territory, it may intice confusion. The same goes for the meeting forum, as it's really only for staff and having it open to the public is also kinda pointless. We may leak spoilers there too, so just in case I think we should move that to the actual staff forums.

Now, FAQ questions and answers...erm, I'm not the best at this sort of thing eitherto be honest, but I'll say what I can...anyone who feels like they can add/change anything should probably say/do so...

1) So, what is this project you're doing?
We're working on a completely fan-made anime adaptation of the manga Pokemon Adventures by Hidenori Kusaka and Mato, or as it's commonly known as even outside of Japan, Pokemon Special. It's even abbreviated to Pokespe.
2) When will the first episode be out?
We don't know as of yet, as we are working on this in our free time. Please bear with us!
3) What is the name of the anime going to be?
PokeSpecial: RGB Arc.
4) Where can I see progress of your work?
You can see it in the preview forum thread, which is right here!
5) Are you going to make a trailer for your project?
No, since we'd rather work on the episode itself.
6) Are the Pokemon going to say their names just like in the current anime?
No, we're trying to be as original as possible in our work, so we're going to make the Pokemon sound more animalistic. Details listed here.
7) Are you going to be using your own sound effects or music, or will you use the games' soundtrack?
We will be creating all our own sound effects and background music.
8) What are you going to call the rival of Red, since he's either called Green or Blue depending on the localisation?
We're going to call the guy Green and the girl Blue, staying true to the original trilogy of Red, Green and Blue that came out in Japan.
9) How can I become a staff member?
You can become a staff member by auditioning for animation illustration or voice acting in their respective audition forum threads and being accepted by the heads and/or vice-heads of the respective teams. Follow the guidelines before posting!
10) I can't voice act or draw, but I still want to help! What can I do?
You can still comment on everything and anything we do around the forum, and/or spread the word about our project as we need all the support we can get!
11) Are you aiming to try and get your show aired on TV?
Absolutely not, as that would be in violation of copyright law and this is strictly a non-profit fan-made project.
12) In that case, can I donate?
We do not accept donations I'm afraid.

Phew, that's all I can think of off the top of my head right now~~

Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:46 pm

Oh, I like the idea of a FAQ section!

Ummm *trying to think of other FAQ's...*

Maybe one could be "Are you associated with the writers of Pokemon Special/Adventure?" (I know it should be clear from the "fan-made" part of it, but we still get that question a lot >.>)

Should we have a question about advertising, because I know we want to keep an eye on that as well?

And that's a'll I've got for now...

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 am

In that case, should we put a disclaimer around there somewhere?

Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 am

Why must I remember about this at 2 am? D:
Anyway FAQ updated. Please check them~ OwO

and feel free to suggest questions.
Also we should tell everyone to read the FAQ before asking/suggesting something too. *cough*intro threads*cough*

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Ooh! Thanks a lot ezu!

But...in the FAQ, there was a mentioning of not creating a trailer...didn't we recently hold a re-vote in favour of making a trailer? (or is that just my fail memory?)

ah, it doesn't matter. Thanks again ezu!

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:23 pm

About the trailer, I was under the impression that it was sort of up in the air because we were in need of more voice actors and the best way to grab some is to advertise with voice overs of the characters we've got with stuff that we've got. It never really was taken seriously though, so I don't think it's gonna happen.

Great FAQ stuff though Ezu!

Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Hehe you're welcome~ ^^ But Kaz was the one who made the questions/answers~ so thanks Kaz. C:

Let's just say we won't make a trailer for now. So there won't be anymore suggestions or questions about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:44 pm

AH. Just thought of another few questions. Most people will be wondering whether this is going to be allowed to be subtitled or what not right (fansubs)? Also, we gotta classify what language we're gonna say this in. Just in case~~ Put these Q&A anywhere where you deem necessary Ezu. And of course, discuss if you don't want them ><

1) What language are you going to release this anime in then?
Just like the whole of this site, the spoken language will be American English.
2) Will you be adding English subtitles for the hard of hearing?
No, we won't be adding subtitles.
3) Are you going to make your episodes available for download?
(Note: I'm not sure on this but it applies to the next question. This is my opinion) Yes and it'll be for free since this is a non-profit project. But you may not put it up for sale, rent or ebay. Or Team Rocket. (XD)
4) Then can I add subtitles of a language which is not English to your work so I can put it on a website for speakers of that language?
You may.

All just ideas that I thought about >< Not sure about numbers 3 and 4, but you should add 1 and 2 definitely.

ALSO ALSO, we should probably edit the very first question on the FAQ at the moment, which is "So what is this project you're working on?" I was just thinking that the answer should include Satoshi Yamamoto, the second artist of the manga.
So I've rephrased it to this:
"We're working on a completely non-profit, fan-made, anime adaptation of the manga "Pokemon Adventures" by Hidenori Kusaka along with Mato and her successor, Satoshi Yamamoto. On this site however, we'll be referring to the manga as Pokemon Special which is as it's known as even outside of Japan, and is even abbreviated to Pokespe."

Although the second sentence seems kind of out of place now. o_O

Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Ah! Thanks kaz!

Letsee...well, I agree with 1 and 2, and I agree with 4 (because I remember a thread way back tackling that issue). But I'm kinda iffy on 3. Did we decide on that? (I can't really remember)

...well, I give my approval for 1, 2, and 4, but I'll wait for confirmation with ezu for 3. But thanks again kaz! (so helpful! In comparison with you and ezu...I don't really do much. cry )

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:48 pm

*pats* Don't worry tweetums, don't forget you did the wonderful job of making me a staff member and moving my audition to accepted those many months ago. You'lll always be treasured for that.

...ACK! Ever since I learnt your age I've been treating you like a kid! SORRY! ><

But can you go edit the first question with the Satoshi Yamamoto? (You forgot to comment on that!) I mean I'm pretty sure Ezu will give it the okay. ...at least, I hope so. *apologizes for possibly jumping the gun*

Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

It's okay! I am kinda a kid still...it's fine!
(I put the first FAQ question on, by the way..but it's hard to do on an iPod!)

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Wait, why won't we be adding subs/captions again?

Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Well, I think everyone agreed that getting someone to add those captions would be too tiring.

But, as the FAQ states, we're perfectly fine with other people adding the subs manually themselves!

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Hm, about the subtitles, maybe the answer should be, we're not going to add them, but if anyone volunteers we'll gladly accept the subs. (If we have the .sub file we can put it on youtube using the red cc button thing. And multiple language is ok too.)
..um can you make a proper sentence of this? >_>
And the download Q one is fine I guess. I mean it's pointless to prevent anyone downloading anyway.

Hehe all this talk about my approval and such make me feel important. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 am

Well I think it'd still be better if we released the episodes initially with no subtitles, but anyone can make their own version with subtitles of any language if they want to.

*goes to check italian-english dictionary for 10 minutes* I have proper Q&A for you now Ezu! (Also don't forget to add Satoshi Yamamoto in the first question, with the answer being this:
"We're working on a completely non-profit, fan-made, anime adaptation of the manga "Pokemon Adventures" by Hidenori Kusaka along with Mato and her successor, Satoshi Yamamoto. On this site however, we'll be referring to the manga as Pokemon Special which is as it's known as even outside of Japan, and is even abbreviated to Pokespe."

Anyway here you go.
1) Will you make your work available for download once it's released?
Of course, and it's free!
2) Will you be adding subtitles?
No we won't be adding subtitles, but anyone can make their add their own subtitles and upload it on any video sites, like youtube or veoh. This applies to any language.

Hope its good enough~

Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:25 am

Kazaazz wrote:

I suggest that be:

"We're working on a completely non-profit, fan-made, anime adaptation of the manga "Pokemon Adventures" by Hidenori Kusaka along with Mato and her successor, Satoshi Yamamoto. On this site however, we'll be referring to the manga as Pokemon Special which is as it's known even outside of Japan, and is often abbreviated to Pokespe."

as it's less clunky and repetitive in the last sentence.

What did you need to look up? Surprised

Supernova
Staff

Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:17 am

Surprised Whoa Nova, you suggested something exactly as what I suggested. XDDDDD

Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:44 pm

No, I took out a word and changed another . . .

Supernova
Staff

Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top