Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Game Discussion

+7
Nol
HamsterPants
Supernova
Kazaazz
Goddess_of_Random
Memieko
Red_the_knight
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokemon Game Discussion

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Ooh! Speaking of POKEMOOON!

sorry. just had to make a DP pun.

My HGSS team is doing pretty well! Finally, my new team is well evolved!
(I tried not to use any Legendaries, so...I think it's pretty balanced!)

(in case anyone cares...) it consists of Typhlosion (my hard hitter), Blastoise (newly trained), Electabuzz (I need to trade and evolve him!), Dragonite, Tyrannitar and Gallade! (who I finally evolved!)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Isn't that suppose to be "When you think of Pokemooon...~"

Anyway, sounds like a good team. I just have a little starter team since I don't have much time to play.

I have:

Flaffy, Furret(because it's cute), Vulpix, and Bayleaf.

Also, isn't Dragonite considered a legendary? I know he's not really a major one, but I thought he was.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by How are you? Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 pm

When you think of Pokemon Teaaams...~
I have a Typhlosion, Ampharos, Furret, Quagsire, Noctowl and Skiploom on my team in SS!
Oh, and I think that Dragonite and those related Pokemon are considered pseudo-legendaries...
Ah, but my team in Ruby was a Blaziken, Breloom, Loudred, Dustox, Delcatty and a Linoone. I never did evolve my Loudred...
How are you?
How are you?

Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Usually their Manzai starts off like "When you think of pokemon you think of (item or their...)"

In Sapphire I had:

Gardevoir, Blaziken, Pikachu, Mightyena, Pelliper(For flying and beating that annoying fire type gym) and Azumarill I think.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 am

From their Manzai, "When you think of..." could be either English or Singapore, but "Speaking of Pokemon,..." is the same.

In my HG, I have Meganium, Gyarados, Arcanine, Scyther (trying to get Scizor), Togetic (still trying to evolve it into Togekiss with Extrasensory), & Amphoros. But sometimes Togetic gets replaced with Donphan, Crobat, or Tyrannitar.

As for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I have Sceptile, Linoone, Swellow, Manetric, Sharpedo, & Torkoal. Sometimes I had Wailord, Hariyama, Absol, & Relicanth.

But why don't we get to the difference between Gold, Silver, & Crystal.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:50 am

I got a new team set up in Platinum right now minus a water type, cause there's this Water/Ghost Pokemon in B/W I like, REALLY REALLY want. Other than that I got a Jolteon, Lucario, Charizard, Weavile and Garchomp/Flygon (depends on my mood). Preeetty much that really.

And out of interest does anyone else create entire teams out of purely their favourite ever ever Pokemon? I got my team for that Pearl going Umbreon, Quilava (cuter), Luxray, Dragonite, Lapras and Lucario. (Watch the power of Aura!)

Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:54 am

Well, while we're on the subject...Here's all of my current teams of the past
generation (IV).

In my Platinum (which I just restarted) I tried to go with a group of oddballs that I never used before. My current team consists of Infernape (Infierno), Persain (a special based one to mix things up, lol), Gallade(Lancelot), Altaria (Panchito), Bronzong (Cistine), and Gastrondon (Squishy).

In my old file I had Torterra (Tortuga), Noctowl (Aves), Golduck (Pato), Raichu (the surfing one from Battle Revolution), Glaceon (Frio), and Giratina.

In HG I have (and I stated this a few times already, lol) Feraligator (Sammy), Heracross (Herc), Magmortar (Smokey), Electivire (Sparkplug), Kangaskhan (Aussie), and Togekiss (Hermes). Though I'm in the process of making a new team, so far of which I have Hitmonlee (Kamehameha), Umbreon (Midnight), and Venusaur (Spore)...

In my Diamond I had Espeon (Sunny), Salamence, Empoleon (Paddles), Rapidash, Roserade (Petal), and Luxray (Sparka).

Whew...sorry about that Very Happy Out of curiosity though, how many of you guys frequently use nicknames? My usual policy is that I'll pick a consistant theme and give it to all my pokemon. For instance, in my old platinum all of my nicknames were in spanish (Aves=Bird, Pato=Duck, Tortuga=Turtle, Frio=Cold). However, I don't nickname legendaries...it kinda gives them a more BA feel in my opinion, lol.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:12 pm

I never usually nickname my Pokemon because they usually evolve =3= But even when they've fully evolved I never really saw the interest. However with my little sis begging me to because she wanted to see what I could come up with.
Kay in my Pearl I had: (See if you can't catch the references Wink
Umbreon (Necrosoul), Quilava (Explogan), Lucario (Retroid), Dragonite (Drachia), Luxray (Quilin) and Lapras (Aure).

Anyone who gets the references I give a virtual cookie and brownie points.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 am

Wow. We're naming names in our Pokemon of DP, PT, HG, & SS. I don't nickname my Pokemon unless I call Dragonite, Dragoon.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Red_the_knight wrote:Wow. We're naming names in our Pokemon of DP, PT, HG, & SS. I don't nickname my Pokemon unless I call Dragonite, Dragoon.
Considering the fact that I always play the Nuzlocke Challenge these days, I always nickname all my pokemon.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by How are you? Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 pm

@HamsterPants You're doing the Nuzlocke challenge too?! I'm doing that with my Diamond version! My team is a Golem (Sally), Crobat (Sophie), Pachirisu (Katana), Gastrodon (Oregeno), Beautifly (Papi), and a Luxio (Thomas).
My team in Yellow (also a Nuzlocke Challenge) consists of a Pikachu (Pablo), Raticate (Louey), Golbat (Joey), Gyarados (Pescado), Ivysaur (Foliolo), and a Weepinbell (Campana).
Now, I always nickname my Pokemon. Even in Yellow, I named my Pikachu Peaches. I guess I always do it because it helps me remember them, and, in my opinion, just having a Pokemon with it's species name is a little boring.
How are you?
How are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:10 pm

How are you? wrote:@HamsterPants You're doing the Nuzlocke challenge too?! I'm doing that with my Diamond version! My team is a Golem (Sally), Crobat (Sophie), Pachirisu (Katana), Gastrodon (Oregeno), Beautifly (Papi), and a Luxio (Thomas).
My team in Yellow (also a Nuzlocke Challenge) consists of a Pikachu (Pablo), Raticate (Louey), Golbat (Joey), Gyarados (Pescado), Ivysaur (Foliolo), and a Weepinbell (Campana).
Now, I always nickname my Pokemon. Even in Yellow, I named my Pikachu Peaches. I guess I always do it because it helps me remember them, and, in my opinion, just having a Pokemon with it's species name is a little boring.
I broadcast all of my Nuzlocke runs live on the internet. Right now I am on 2 runs, a Yellow run, and a Crystal run. On Yellow, I am about to defeat the E4 with my invincible Swords Dancing Sandslash known as Boota, I've had him since I was in route 3, so this is the first time I may complete a Nuzlocke run with one of my oldest pokemon. In Crystal, I just got to Goldrenrod city, I was lucky enough to catch a Jigglypuff(named her Pepto), and I went to the store, bought Firepunch, Icepunch, and Thunderpunch. And now my Jigglypuff is epic.

Everyone really loves my voice, I'm considering auditioning to become a voice actor at this point.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:04 am

@HamsterPants
I have got to try that. Well, everyone wants to hear it.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:32 am

What is the Nuzloke challenge? I'm confused, lol.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:58 pm

The nuzlocke challenge was introduced around pokemon ruby by members of the pokemon fandom that wanted a challenge. Basically, it makes the game a whole lot harder.
Rules can include:
*Capturing only the first pokemon you meet in each area.
*Nicknaming every pokemon.
*Declaring a pokemon "dead" upon fainting and releasing it.
*Starting a new game if you white/black out.
*Limiting healing to pokemon centers only once per town or after a gym battle.
*Banning all Legendary/Gift/Traded pokemon.
*Banning the use of items (with the exeption of key items and hms) in game.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:03 am

Oh. That has to be hard mode. Capturing Pokemon the user first sees, nicknaming Pokemon just like the Pokemon Adventurers, only declaring the Pokemon "dead" instead of fainting (couldn't you just call it, KO or Knock-Out?), start a new game after white/black out, or limiting healing the user's Pokemon just like how Ruby and Sapphire use berries instead of Pokemon Centers, never use the Legendary, Gifted, or Traded Pokemon, and never use items except key items & HMs. That's crazy.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:28 am

Oh, yeah I looked it up, lol. Actually the only rules that are NECESSARY are:

*Capturing only the first pokemon of each route
*and considering a pokemon dead when it faints

The other rules are just options you can use if you want an even greater challenge. Turns out it's based on a comic series someone did. (Just google Nuzlocke, it'll come up).

I just started doing this in my Crystal version, though because I'm new at this I'm just using the two basic rules + nicknaming. So far I've only had one fatality....Sniff....poor Sheila....She had such a bright future...but was cut short by a critical hit from a Growlithe...

Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Shiela11

RIP Sheila
LV. 16

Currently the rest of my party consists of: Scorch (Quilava), PomPom (Skiploom), Ronaldo (Psyduck), Kirtland (Fearow), Salem (Drowsee), and Bluebell (Miltank). But this mode does really force you to utilize the pokemon you have...I've never used a Skiploom or Miltank before in my life, before this mode. And without Skiploom I wouldn't have beaten Whitney without losing anybody (thanks to Leech Seed), and Miltank is just awesome (it's like a slightly weaker Tauros, that can take more hits! Plus there's Milk Drink!)

Just for the sake of sharing my grief...would you guys care if I post my fatalities if/when they occur? This mode really does get you attatched to the little guys, lol. Very Happy
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Just for the sake of sharing my grief...would you guys care if I post my fatalities if/when they occur? This mode really does get you attatched to the little guys, lol.

@whatthechuck3
Well, since it's part of the game discussion, okay. Please tell us, whatthechuck3. If I were to see one of my Pokemon dead (faint stat), then it's like playing a game of Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem without a resurrection item (revive) or a spell.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what it's like, lol.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:05 am

...I could never do that. I get attached. Very attached.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah, so do I, lol. When you lose one it really strikes home...speaking of which...

Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Ronald10
RIP Renaldo
Lv 34

Sniff...damn this mode's hard Sad
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 pm

down Oh my. *Gulp* Now I'm scared to get one Pokemon or six in my team fainted. I felt attached too if I felt my Dragonair died in one try. If this were to happen in a gym battle or worst, the elite four, then the players as f***ed up.

If one becomes KO (killed), then there's no point in using revive due to being fainted (dead). And if that were happen on the elite four battle, and one-six are out in the elite four, then they all die or less without using revive.

Shelia & Renaldo, you two deserve a better place than dieing. I feel your pain, whatthechuck3. Crying or Very sad
(Plays Metal Gear Solid 4 music, Love Theme Full)
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Ooh! This sounds fun!

I'll probably use my yellow version first, 'cause I still haven't completely pal park'd my sapphire yet. (stupid Regis! Why can't I just use a wailmer?)

And btw, that nuzlocke comic is pretty hilarious!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Pokemon Game Discussion - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:15 am

I get the feeling we should all try it, although, it would be difficult to try and survive against the gymleaders and the elite four to the champion.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 am

Well I'm at Clair and so far no of my fatalities have come from gymleaders. Actually your biggest enemies are critical hits, and exploders! Sheila died from a crtical hit Bite from a Growlithe, and Ronaldo from a critical hit Self-Destruct!
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next