Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you picture each Character sounding like?

+18
Kami-chan
The Black Glove
Red_the_knight
Memieko
PokeFan72
ShadowDragon
Tsurugi
BreeNilla
Aki11
Razor-Leaf
dirksies
Kanon
.alex-chan
Kamuro
Goddess_of_Random
Joyfulldreams
EvoWarrior5
dawsoc
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you picture each Character sounding like? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you picture each Character sounding like?

Post by The Black Glove Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Let's see... (please note these are all based on english dub actors)

I imagine Red to sound like he has some "Ash" influence, but he's cocky, sort of like Sonic the Hedgehog or Edward Elric.

Green is almost snooty, but his tone quickly humbles out over the series. I imagine the original Gary from the Pokemon anime being his perfect voice.

Blue should be very mischievous and suave. Sort of that "I'm going to mess with you" tone that Nabiki Tendo takes (Ranma 1/2).

And I will never be able to imagine another Professor Oak who is not played by Stuart Zagnit. I'm sorry, but his voice is perfect for the character, and I can't hear it without thinking "That's Professor Oak".

I like a lot of your suggestions, but here are my two cents on the VA cast.

Gold: Cocky, Smooth, throws his cares to the wind? Sounds like Jason Griffith's Sonic to me, although he needs to sound younger. Same tone, different VA.

Silver: A tough choice here, actually. Micheal Lindsay, I think?

Crys: Caitlyn Glass. QED.

Ruby: OMG Vic Migongna would be PERFECT for this role, using his voice for Tamaki (Ouran Host Club) or something similar.

Sapphire: Another tough call. She sounds like a wild child, and for some reason, I imagine a slight southern accent.

Emerald: As humourous as it would be to have Vic play another really short character, I imagine Colleen Clinkenbeard in the role instead.

Dia: uhh... I fold.

Pearl: Todd Haberkorn sounds good.

Platina: Leah Clark.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team What do you picture each Character sounding like? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

What do you picture each Character sounding like? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you picture each Character sounding like?

Post by PokeFan72 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm

I've been thinking this over for a while now, so here goes. I don't really know the names of many English VAs, so please forgive me. ^^;;

Red: (RGB) I'd like it if he sounded a little bit like Ash, but not too much, even though they're both equally enthusiastic about becoming Pokemon masters(In my opinion anyways). (Yellow) Since he's about 13 here, his voice should mature a bit, same for GSC arc. In FRLG and Emerald, the only voice that comes to mind is Ryoko Shiraishi (as Hayate Ayasaki). lol

Green(Boy): Kind of like Gary at first, but deeper, since I always imagined him with a deeper voice. When he's older possibly like Hiro Shimono, but maybe deeper...

Blue(Girl): Now this one's fun. XD (RGB,Y, GSC) Two words: Nagi Sanzenin (Rie Kugimiya). Call me crazy, but I find both of them somewhat annoying. (FRLG,E) Well she'd probably have gone through puberty already. (lol) So I think here maybe she'd have a Hinagiku Katsura-like voice. (Shizuka Itō~)

As for Yellow... For when she's not diguised as a boy, Mikako Takahashi(as Ayumu Nishizawa) or Sayuri Yahagi(as Izumi Segawa) (Cute voices! Very Happy). And for when she is disguised as a boy, I really think she should like Ash(Veronica Taylor). ovo;;

Gold: (younger) Marina Inoue(as Wataru Tahchibana) or Masumi Asano(as Asakaze Risa) (Even though they're both girls.. XD) (older) Hiroyuki Yoshino. Very Happy

Silver: I can't really name any VAs for Silver, so...

(Sadly, I don't know this utaite's name... >_> But I think it was Iberico-something)

Crystal is pretty easy, when she's older, Ryoko Shiraishi (But this time as Hime Onizuka/Himeko with no accent, instead of Hayate), but for when she's younger, I haven't thought of anything yet.

Ruby~~ ...Man this is harder than I thought.. TTvTT I PASS.

Sapphire: Kana Ueda(as Saukya Aizawa). I think her voice fits pretty well.

Emerald... PASS.

Wally... Girly in a way that's hard to explain.

For Diamond, I've always imagined a cute voice .(*^ワ^*)Something like how the singers on niconico douga portray him. Or North Italy(JP dub), but younger.

Pearl.. MAN!!! ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ This is really hard.. When I find something fitting I'll edit this post.

Platina: A calm voice, but sweet at the same time. Like Miyu Matsuki(as Isumi Saginomiya) . ^^

(Sorry, no ideas for BW...)

I don't really watch dubbed anime except for Hetalia, so most all of the voice actors I listed are Japanese... (T▽T)

...I've changed a lot since the last time I posted... o-o Wow.
PokeFan72
PokeFan72
Supporter
Supporter

What do you picture each Character sounding like? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kami-chan Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:19 pm

No one is mentioning the villains. DD:

Giovanni: I'd imagine him with a voice like Steve Blum. Kind of dark and gravelly. Really serious tone.
Koga: Am I the only one who thinks his voice should be kind of quiet and snake-like?
Sabrina: I was thinking something like Raven from the Teen Titans anime, but more hard on her syllables.
Lt. Surge: Any roughneck. It would work if a voice actor could pass off as a thick headed thug.
Lorelei: I imagine a voice like Karin on Naruto. A little more prissy and stuck up.
Agatha: Crazy old bat. Anyone who can sound like an old lady can do this character's voice.
Bruno: Oh god. Um. I can't really think of an example. Just shout a lot and emphasize your syllables. I dunno, sound like a WWE wrestler. *shruggies*
Lance: ...........I want nothing less than John Cooper from the band Skillet to voice this boy. I demand it. The gravelly tone mixed with the upper pitch fits his astonishingly conceited personality. Make it happen.

I'll think of some more later.

Kami-chan
Kami-chan

http://www.kami-chan13.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStrawHatKnownAsYellow Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:33 pm

dawsoc wrote:And some later ideas
Yellow:um trying to hide a girl voice with a young boy voice?
Gold:no clue
Silver:sort of evilish
Crystal:A hyper fangirl

Hmm I will remember the Yellow Very Happy
TheStrawHatKnownAsYellow
TheStrawHatKnownAsYellow

Back to top Go down

Post by YellowOfTheViridianForest Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm

In my personal opinion:
Red-Excited, but not squeaky! Like something good happened to him, but he's always like that? Um...
Green-Not to deep, like sort of like a calm voice?
Blue-Hmm, well, lots of voices would fit her, but she's got to be SASSY! excited
Yellow-Like a shy voice, not too quiet but enough to conceal her girl voice. When she shouts, it is angry enough to hide the girl voice too?
Gold-Umm..........
Silver-NOT DEEP!! pika angry Why does everybody think it has to be deep?! Well, definitely not high pitched, sort of on the boundary between normal and low? NOT TOO DEEP! *Just my opinion. If you want it to be deep, that's fine.....
Crystal-I think any voice would do for her, not too rough though.
Ruby-Sort of elegant? Makes everything sound ...erm...sort of girly, but not TOO girly, so it's obvious that he's a guy.
Sapphire-Sort of hyper, like she has a lot of energy, but not annoying. Not the kind of voice where you talk fast and on and on and on.....
Emerald-Kiddish, of course, but not too high-pitched.
Pearl-Um, confident but not snotty?
Diamond-Talks sort of slowly, like he's sleepy, but not too slow so that he doesn't respond fast enough. Makes everything sound smooth?
Platina/Platinum-Calm, but not low, and a little bit high-pitched. She pronounces things clearly and correctly.
Black and White- Sorry, I have no idea.....
I don't know any voice actor names ( stressed ) so I put this...sorry!
YellowOfTheViridianForest
YellowOfTheViridianForest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 am

That's okay. Also, welcome to forums. If you're interested in helping out with the project, feel free to ask any of the Admins or Team Leaders for any questions you have.
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 am

Oh boy. Kami-Chan is right. Due to Maddie Blaustein passing away, then there's no telling who will be Lt. Surge and Bruno. Plus, the actors I would picture for the Gym Leaders and the villains would be different. Let's see if I can press on. This is my second part for the picture the characters, and I'm going to do the whole house.

And don't worry Viridiangirl, I'll fill you in all the answers about voice actors. But I'm sure Dirksies and Whatthechuck3 know a lot about voice acting.

Professor Oak: I think I would prefer the same voice actor: Stan Hart. He plays well as Professor Oak. As for him, I would picture him being serious and almost sound old unless he has the fighting spirit.

Brock: As Eric Stuart, I miss him so much. I would make him sound like Seto but a lot helpful and not rude. It would be nice to have him back.

Misty: Rachel Lillis, I don't think it's going to be easy to have her cry in one scene unless there's another one. Just the same like her old anime self.

Lt. Surge: See, this is how it's going to be tough since he's a rough soldier and not the general kind (but he does have sailors). So I have no idea which one will be for my Adventure Chronicles character, especially Bruno. Then again, I need to hear what Wayne Grayson sounds like since he was Mr. Moto from Yugioh.

Koga: The same thing as Guest mentioned: Samurai sounded. Not Kakashi, not Yamato, and not Asuma. Rodger Parsons was good as Koga (though it's strange how he and Maddie sound the same. Maybe he could fill in for Lt. Surge and Bruno). I'm glad they brought him back for Riley and Professor Cedric.

Erika: Leah Applebaum, I think the same except more nice and royalty like her Anime self.

Sabrina: Lisa Ortiz played as her. I would think it's easier for her to be just like how Laura Bailey played as Lust from FMA (Fullmetal Alchemist) and Brotherhood, and Cloud of Darkness. Let's face it, she sounds vile.

Blaine: Michael Haigney, uh, I pass on that, then again, I would like for him to play as Blaine again.

Giovanni: Ted Lewis. Ah, I think he needs to sound a little more of Ganondorf. Would you people believe me if he sounds closely like Ganondorf? You folks would be crept, especially his laugh.

Pokemon Fan Chariman: (waits, and then laughs) I love the comedy relief man. He is so funny. I would picture him as Mike McFarland. He plays a Master Roshi from Dragon Ball, Z, and GT.

Mewtwo: I believe it was Phillip Barlett who played as Mewtwo for the first movie and perhaps the second. And then Dan Green for Pokemon Puzzle League. I can't seem to make up my mind here.

Lorelei: Okay, I would perhaps pass on this, but then again, she has to sound a little evil like the ice witch. Jayne Grande, that's her. I wonder if she would sound like Ulticemia from Dissida?

Bruno: No answer. Just only picture him as a tough fighter, not like the DBZ kind.

Agatha: And evil old lady. This is the first time we get to finally see her, and her voice actor is Allison Johnson. Just need her to sound an evil old hag.

Lance: Wayne Grayson played as Lance. I have no comments for him since Lance looks almost like a teen or a young adult. Just need his little spirit up and serious at first, and then later mature.

That's it.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team What do you picture each Character sounding like? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 pm

I'd love to see to see the original VAs for Brock and Misty voice them again, it'd feel great Smile . As for Agatha, I actually pictured her with the voice of Hama from Nickelodeon's Avatar.
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeFan72 Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 pm

So I'm going to re-do my list. What's going to be in this list is mainly Japanese voice actors, because I don't watch that much anime dubbed in English. (Because most of the anime I like hasn't been or will most likely never be dubbed)

Red - Ryoko Shiraishi
Green - Miyuki Sawashiro
Blue - Ryoko Shintani or Yui Horie
Yellow - Sakura Nogawa (As a girl) Marina Inoue (As a boy)
Gold - Masumi Asano
Silver - As most Utaite depict him.
Crystal - Shizuka Itou or Chinatsu Akasaki
Ruby - John (From NND's John and Naoka)
Sapphire - Rie Kugimiya or Sumire Uesaka
Emerald - Rie Kugimiya (But more annoying)
Diamond - John (Again, NND)
Pearl - Atsushi Tamaru or Marina Inoue
Platinum - Chiwa Saitou
Black - Jun Fukuyama
White - Yuki Kaneko
Cheren - Takuya Eguchi
Bianca - Miyu Matsuki or Maaya Uchida
N - Hiroshi Kamiya or Yuichi Nakamura
Professor Oak - Kenta Miyake (Maybe)
Daisy - Rie Tanaka or Minako Kotobuki
PokeFan72
PokeFan72
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kami-chan Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 am

Red_the_knight wrote:Lance: Wayne Grayson played as Lance. I have no comments for him since Lance looks almost like a teen or a young adult. Just need his little spirit up and serious at first, and then later mature.

Omg yes. Someone else who agrees that Lance is like a teenager in the Yellow arc. I love you. Marry me. ;w;

Eh-ahem, to continue, I agree. Like have him more childish sounding in the Yellow and G/S/C Arc, and then more mature in the HGSS Arc. IF I CAN'T HAVE JOHN COOPER... I suppose I can hear his voice being more like...hmm...Roger Craig Smith. He has a pretty wide variety of vocal patterns. .w.
Kami-chan
Kami-chan

http://www.kami-chan13.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Originally posted by Kami-chan
Omg yes. Someone else who agrees that Lance is like a teenager in the Yellow arc. I love you. Marry me. ;w;

Eh-ahem, to continue, I agree. Like have him more childish sounding in the Yellow and G/S/C Arc, and then more mature in the HGSS Arc. IF I CAN'T HAVE JOHN COOPER... I suppose I can hear his voice being more like...hmm...Roger Craig Smith. He has a pretty wide variety of vocal patterns. .w.

Uh, thanks for agreeing, but please hold the marriage. I am way too old for you.

As for Lance for the beginning, Wayne Grayson would had to do perhaps a teen's age for Lance to be a teenager. Sorry to say, Lance, but you look kind of small. I swear, I picked out some of the best character sounding for everyone.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team What do you picture each Character sounding like? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverWingStorm Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Mmmm... I'm drawing a blank for most of the Dex Holders... but I can hear Diamond sounding like Greg Cipes... Maybe less scratchy? I think I can hear Green as a slightly-lower-pitched Corey Feldman..
SilverWingStorm
SilverWingStorm

http://silverwingstorm.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poodlekinz Thu May 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Random arcs:
Silver: kind of like tsubasa from beyblade, but not too high
Blue: VERY high. She constantly sounds like she's on a shuger rush, but that perfect tone of voice allows her to keep the ability to sound evil.
Yellow: that generic farm girl.

Poodlekinz

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeFan72 Thu May 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I imagine all of them to sound like how they're depicted by John, Naoka, and Iberico. Since I rediscovered their videos I can't really imagine them any other way now.

((LOOKS AT MY OLD POSTS HERE AND SHIVERS))
PokeFan72
PokeFan72
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Poodlekinz Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Lance: I know that I'm making a lot of beyblade references, but the Japanese voice actor for ryuga, I can't remember his name

Poodlekinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2