Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to start the anime

+6
Aki11
Supernova
lolkipz
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
dabeatmaster123
RED1
10 posters

Go down

How to start the anime Empty How to start the anime

Post by RED1 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Yo. I was thinking on how the anime version of PokeSpec can be different from the manga. I know that anime version would have some added scenes (not from the manga), extended scenes (it's good as long it's not too slow to the plot), changed scenes (something else happen than what happen in the manga), and/ or that some scenes are shown in different chronological order.

I wanted to make the anime more distinctive from the manga. I wouldn't mind writing the script for the anime version but for now, I just want to suggest something.

To get to the point, I think that instead of starting the anime with the 1st chapter of anime, we should start the anime with part of the flashback that happened in CH 79 in Volume 6 of the Pokespec manga. But to blend it in episode 1 more easily, I would add some scenes to lead that argument between Oak and Agatha.

First, the episode would begin with the game opening from the 1st Pokemon games, Red and Blue then shift to the manga art style of Nidorino vs Gengar. We show some captions that it was some years is the past. After some pokemon battle scenes (some win and faint or some still fighting) and wild crowd cheers, we shift to when Oak (but he's shown as bit shadowed) finished his battle and walks out. Then as he exits, a shadowed figure (Agatha) appears and congratulate him on his victory but soon shows resentment on his decision to leave the research. This leads to a short battle which during the battle, Oak declares to Agatha that will make a device that will function as a Pokemon encyclopedia . As the battle ends, Agatha calls him a fool and stated that he will be dead before he fills up half of the Pokemon encyclopedia. Oak's face is finally revealed as he smiles while saying if that happens, his grandchildren and their children will take upon the task.

Then finally, we shift to CH 1 of the manga as in the present time.

I added that flashback from CH 79 to emphasize that the pokedex serves as a important plot device in the manga and also to create more trust when Oak entrusts a pokedex to Red later in Chapter 2. Like I said, this kind of change in the anime would make it more distinctive from the manga.

So what do you guys think?

RED1

How to start the anime Bg10

Back to top Go down

How to start the anime Empty Re: How to start the anime

Post by dabeatmaster123 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:38 pm

I think that scene may be good for the beginning but I think that should stay where it is because that would give away who visited Silph Co in the beginning of the yellow arc... which was agatha
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team How to start the anime Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:41 pm

@RED1
LOOK AROUND THE FORUM BEFORE YOU POST!

The decisions for the first episode have already been made. We are fans with live outside this project. We have limitations on what we can do for this anime. So stay clost to the manga as we can and only making small changese here and there with thing doesn t make sense or out of date is a good for us.

I'm not say your idae was bad (your about 5 month late) but your too late.

p.s.
I do wish we can start the first episode with the Nidorino vs Gengar from the games but it dosen't fit with the story.

Last edited by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team How to start the anime Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:45 pm

SaiTurtlesninjaNX wrote:@RED1
LOOK AROUND THE FORUM BEFORE YOU POST!

The decisions for the first episode have already been made.

I'm not idae was bad (your about 5 month late) but your late.

We are fans with live outside this project. We have limitations on what we can do for this anime.

p.s.
I do wish we can start the first episode with the Nidorino vs Gengar from the games but it dosen't fit with the story.

Dude calm down Sai he is new here give him some slack XD

Lol yeah we already decided red1 =3= sorry
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team How to start the anime Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lolkipz Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:54 pm

They did the Nidorino Vs. Gengar thing on the first ep. of the show, so.... yeah.. good idea though Very Happy

lolkipz

How to start the anime Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:40 am

It is a REALLY good idea though. I suppose we can;t use it now, but starting with that scene with Oak would actually be really awesome.

Although, at the end of chapter two, that exchange, in terms of the voices, could be done as flashback (as in just the voices) after Oak has given Red the pokédex. Althoughthat'll be the end of ep1, and Red's line at the end there is a brilliant finisher. Then having another look at it, if you look at the end of chapter 3, it could be something like:

Oak: (laughing) My grandson and my new protége ...

[Flashback voices]

Oak: (ulltimate declaration) I will make a decive! A Pokémon Encyclopaedia!

Agatha: (Angry) You fool! You'll die long before you even fill up half of it!#

Oak: (grinning) If that happens, my grandchildren will inherit that task! And after them, their children too!

[/Flashback]

Oak: (thoughtful) The path to becoming the greatest pokémon trainer has gotten a lot more competitive. Good luck to the both of you!

Or something. that's not quite right (it doesn;t really make sense) so it would need to be fiddled a bit, but I think including something with Oak on the pokédex is a good idea.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team How to start the anime Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 am

Personally I don't mind this idea. But I think I would prefer nova's version better (like in which sequence should the events occur), especially since we've already animated a few minutes into ep 1 already. Maybe somewhere after oak gave red the pokedex? Not sure (gotta reread sometime...)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader How to start the anime Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:52 am

I kinda like the idea of including a flashback/flashforward, not only does it help remind the audience that 'yes, there is a plot' it could also subtly cue the fans that 'yes, we will make it that far into this anime'. I think including a couple of those would make it very interesting.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic How to start the anime Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Yeah, I would have to also tell Red1 that you should look around the forum a bit before posting a new topic, so that way you know what ideas have already been proposed, how they were accepted/rejected, and build on it...

Anyways, I wouldn't be against connecting different parts of the series through flashbacks and such. Seems pretty interesting. But we already knew that we'll be changing things. Due to the incredibly fast pacing of the beginning of the manga, many scenes will probably be extended. Some scenes might be altered slightly to make up for any plot holes that cropped up due to the fact that Kusaka-sensei can't see the future (although Jesus, it seems like she can sometimes), along with of gaps in logic. I'll support edits of censored lines from the VIZ translations of the manga, as well as the fact that voice actors will probably do their own spin on the lines. We might even go so far as to create scenes ourselves in order to fill in gaps, but that might be pushing it. We might also eventually have to deal with the change in style that the manga overgoes due to the change in artist.

However, I won't support any change in the sequences of events. That's the thing that many people HATE about anime adaptions, is that they change things up too much. Also, I'm sick and tired of comparing our project to 'other animes'. We aren't an anime company, and we AREN'T COPYING OTHER ANIME COMPANIES. Hell, we aren't even Japanese. What we produce WONT ACTUALLY BE AN ANIME. We are ENGLISH-SPEAKERS animating with WESTERN-BASED processes with some influence from eastern animation processes, in the English language, by our OWN means. We do not need to follow any 'formula of anime' that Japan has created, and we don't need to copy anything from any other anime ANYWHERE. We don't need to do something JUST because that one anime does it.

I'm not even going to mention the fact that we have limitations due to being an internet-based, amateur, no-budget project, because I really don't think we should care about comparing ourselves to other professional companies with a budget and commercial purposes. We're not going to put this on TV. We are not going to sell it. We do not have to comply to any STRICT set rules for ANYTHING. The nature of this project is original and frankly, I believe it's pretty ground-breaking. I don't want something as amazing as this only producing a wannabe anime, but instead creating something ALL it's own.

...sorry about the rant, nothing personal, I've just REALLY wanted to get this across to people...>.>;
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator How to start the anime Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmagebard Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Hmmmm. I've been here for a couple weeks, and I've had my experience with fan projects for animation, games, etc, and I've found that there's a magical determining factor for the quantity and quality of a project; MONEY.

Look, dude, no offense, but if this was a major project with corporate/commercial sponsorship, the staff wouldn't be allowing random amateur people like us to just join up for the fun of it. They'd be WAY further along, with not nearly as many issues with production as they're currently having. They can't just tack stuff on because "It looks cool." It'd be nice, but resources for a project are limited when there's no money involved. Right now just chill and be glad and enjoy the fact that there are people who have enough motivation to do something like this for free and for fun =P
Blackmagebard
Blackmagebard
Staff

http://americannerd.thecomicseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:52 pm

@Joy
Best rant ever!
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Nice idea. But it won't work. Sorry.
Try out for scripting/storybording though. I like the way you presented your idea.
"An chuir in ndul." as my teacher says.

lock?
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest How to start the anime Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Nice rant, Joy. XD
ok, so before anymore ranting and stuff. I'll lock this baby.

And yeah you should try scripting Red1. C:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down