What will the logo be?

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What will the logo be?

Post by dirksies on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:56 pm

I kinda like the idea of having a Pokemon that represents the arc, though I'm not sure Mew is the right choice for the RGB arc..:/ Anyway, a Pokemon, perhaps in silhouette, is just a quick way of giving a teaser to the arc as a whole. Maybe we could keep the main logo for each arc, altering the title as needed (ie: Red Green Blue, Gold Silver, Ruby Sapphire, etc.), and have a different Pokemon silhouetted in the background to make it unique. That way the arc titles tie together but have something of their own.

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 pm

I don't mush care for the original anime. I don't like how FaisLittleWhiteRaven have mew in her logo. If we have a pokemon in the logo it should be more hidden insaid the logo. If we have a small mew on the said that will be fine but the main thing is the name POKESPECIAL. That what we people to see first.

First we need to get the pokespecial word done first and then worry about about the pokemon. Unless someone can add the pokemon in the wording without making look like a cheesey little kid show.

Last edited by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total

[center]Check out my YouTube Channel. I'm been doing Pokémon Special / Adventures videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Sai, the whole point of bringing up the original anime was to support your logo. I don't see how you can defend the simplicity of your logo by referencing a kid's show, and then turn around and say that doing the exact opposite would make it more like a kid's show. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Rain first off you like my logo. If your defend me is someway just tell me because I can't tell why reading.
What I mean by kids show I mean perschool school shows. Show that I hate as a kid like sesame street. And you know I have a hard time putting in to words. I don't want the pokemon over shaow the the letter in the logo. Or like what dirksies said.

I want to make my logo coloring more metelec but I like my letter design.

So what you guys think what I have here.

[center]Check out my YouTube Channel. I'm been doing Pokémon Special / Adventures videos.

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Wait, now I'm confused. Were you agreeing with my idea or not?

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?

dirksies
Team Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcbrent on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 pm

I just sketched an idea that may work, without using any Pokemon in the logo.

With this, you could have Pokespecial kind of shaped in a curve above the pokeballs, and underneath them they could say RGB Arc. The Pokeballs being coloured according to the Arc colours. Red, Green and Blue. Although, you could change the order of the colours, having red in the middle. Considering that is the most common and recognisable Pokeball colour.

mcbrent
Audio Team
Audio Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:35 pm

@dirksies
I'm confused too.
I think we should use the same basics logo design and just add thing to it for each arc. And the pokemon should only be in silhouetted forum like I try to do here.

p.s.
Silhouetted was the word I was looking for.

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:39 pm

@brent- I like the Pokeball idea. it's simplistic and recognizable, but i don't understand how we would mix it up for each arc. it would be cool to include that symbol somewhere as an easter egg maybe

@sai- okay, yeah, you were agreeing with me =]

Nothing's like before!

dirksies
Team Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcbrent on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 pm

@dirksies - Maybe we could make them different types of Pokeballs? In the official artwork they all have different colours and designs to differentiate between them. Just an idea to dwell on...

mcbrent
Audio Team
Audio Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Okay Sai... I am a bit confused, so I'll try to say this better.

ChibiWish wrote:Heck, I bet when you all were little you liked the Pokemon Logo.
It was simple and appealing.

You agreed with Chibi, meaning you supported the simplicity of the original anime logo. But then you went and said:

Sai wrote:I don't mush care for the original anime.... Unless someone can add the pokemon in the wording without making look like a cheesey little kid show.

So all of a sudden you don't like the original logo, from a kid's show, which was simple, but you don't want the logo to look like it's from a kid's show?

Anyway, I was just being argumentative, so it doesn't really matter.

And dirksies, I think he agrees with the idea of having a smaller pokemon (like you suggested) as long as it doesn't take from the words.

I would like something besides the words, even if it isn't huge. Though I am still really in love with Fais' second (in the post, third overall) idea for the logo. If someone gives something else, then we'll have more to choose from. >w>

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Yeah. Okay, clarification time. My idea was basically Fais' idea, but instead of having Mew colored, it would be in silhouette and that is what would change (majorly) for each arc (ie: each arc would have a different representative Pokemon). I don't think the Mew detracted from the logo at all :/ Maybe if it was bright pink or something, it would, but if it was in shadow, it could work

Nothing's like before!

dirksies
Team Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm

@RainbowMunchies
I have a few new idaes. My next logo will be something like this and have mew in the shadow like I did with the other logo.

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Well, I think that maybe the logo should be simplistic, but I'm not against the idea of having mew in the logo! (because everyone likes mew! ^^)

but I think mew should be part of a letter or something, or like on the bottom of the logo, kinda like an underline. (sorry if none of that makes sense) Like I agree that mew should be in the picture, but not so that it takes up all the space. (like sai's picture. I do like it, but I think the mew shouldn't be that big. It kinda distracts from the image, youknow?)

just like a shadow in the logo or something.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:20 pm

yea. maybe a shadow is the best idea.

and for some reason i have this idea with Mew's tail underlining the words. But IDK... I'm not an artist. >>;

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks Rain you just gave me some more ideas. I'm copying Fais mew rigth now so I can use it in MSpaints.

Edit:
I like Rain idea of Mew's tail underlining the words. This is not my finsh idea. I know I have Mew tail to big. But if there something you want me to change let me know.

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:08 pm

That really looks good, Sai, I'm impressed. But IDK if we should go for a mew that size or a smaller one like Tweet suggested...That looks great, but IDK...Illustrations not really my area of "expertise" (using the term loosely, XD). However, I agree mew should deffinately be in the logo.

whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback Chuck.
If we do go with mew I'm getting a few more ideas for poses for mew.
This is a smaller mew.

http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/SaiturtlesninjaNX/?action=view&current=qd.jpg

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:54 pm

That looks good, though i think nows the time to refer back to simplicity. i think the mew looks great, but we should just have the words as words with their respective colors. The images behind em take away. But that's just me. pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by mcbrent on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Here is a second idea, a variation of my first:

mcbrent
Audio Team
Audio Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 am

Ok, Mew was too big there...
I've made a few more with Mew a lot smaller and altered it's tail so it doesn't take over the logo like before.
Please tell me what works with it and what doesn't so I can try make it better.

Mew logo ver.3 <--Has Pokemon rather than Pok'e due to my forgetfulness.
Mew Logo ver.4
Mew logo ver.5
They're all still linearts though so if someone could colour them to help make them look more solid I'd be very happy~
And mcbrent, I like the pokeball thing! If no one like this current bunch of Mew ones, I'd like to mix my own pics with your idea, if that's ok with you? pikachu

FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic!

View user profile http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mcbrent on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 am

@fais - Sure! I don't have anything to further enhance my ideas on the computer, which is why I drew them, so I was hoping someone would like it enough to try and integrate it into their ideas.

mcbrent
Audio Team
Audio Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 am

I actually Really like McBrent's idea. Personally, I don't mind the idea of having mew in the logo, but you have to know where you want people eyes to go. If you put Mew in the logo, people's eyes will generally go straight to the thing with eyes, that seems alive, something they can relate to slightly, more than text. What we want for people to see first is The text, and maybe the cute little quirks can be noticed by observant people, but the text is the most important.

For mcbrent's idea, I can see 'pokespecial' written above it in rather large letters, and that idea will definately make the readers eyes go where we want them to go: 'Pokespecial->RGB->arc' I also still like Chibiwish's original idea, because centered logos never really have that 'flare' that you'd want for a show.

But this whole thing with putting mew in the logo, you do realize, the second you put a body in the image, the eyes will be draw directly to it? No matter what you try and do with Mew in the logo, no matter how small he is or how far in the background, people will see him instead of thinking about the logo? And the logo will only be up for a few seconds, we just want people to see 'pokespecial: RGB arc' and then be on with the opening. ^.^;

Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator

View user profile http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:41 am

:Warning: Self explanitory ranting ahead: (Please just skip it if you're not interested)

Yes, Joy, I realise that putting Mew in might take the focus off the writting too much, but I want to make half-a-dozen versions of it anyway.
When I finish with those then, I'll start making lines for ideas like mcbrents, which things like pokeballs, or just the writting.

We need the little variety in this!
I'm assuming here, that the logo is eventually going to be choosen by a vote, not just by one or two people, so I want to make sure there's at least one Mew opition there for people who might really want it.
(since when I first noticed this topic, people liked that idea)
In return, I'm more than happy to line any other designs, if people want me to do those as well.

For Mcbrent's idea (which I like just a much as the Mew idea), I've got a few ideas I'd like to try out. If people don't like that one, then I'll do another, and another 'till it's voting time for people, and I have to stop. It might also encourage others to design more; so we can have a better range of ideas to choose from.

Though, if you really want my honest opinion on distractions... I think anything picture-wise is going to take focus away from the writting.
That's just how logos are.
As long as people can see the title and arc name, and can remember it after that first viewing (which will be mostly due to the colours used), it doesn't really matter what the design is of.
Btw, Joy, aren't you going to make a logo design? I thought you'd be really into designing something like this... And maybe then I'd have a better idea of how you'd want the logo to look like. All I've really got so far is what people don't want and which logos they think are ok (but not 100% why)... It doesn't help me much with actual drawing it out. X/
Ok. I've finished ranting. Sorry about that... I just felt I'd explode if I didn't type all that.

FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic!

View user profile http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 am

About these logos then . . .

The idea of incorporating a thematic pokémon with the logo for eahc arc was bron from Chibi's design where pikachu is subtly incorporated. I see the point of view that Mew being there may take away from the logo. If anyone gets some spark of genius and finds a way to subtly incorporate Mew into the logo, that would be great. If a silhouette manages to look subtle, that's great too. Otherwise, I'm actually quite fond of mcbrent's idea, except I don't see how that can be changed for each arc. Like, what would you do for Yellow?

Supernova
Staff

Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:52 am

Mew should be only in the silhouetted forum. Mew have to be mysterious like in the manga. Fais I don't like how you got mew eyes to me it's take away some of the mysterious from mew.

The logo color sheme. I think it's should be yellow with a gold out line. Mew should be a dark purple with a pink out line the eyes should only be pink just to be mysterious.

In my new logo design I like how mew tail is wrapping up the rast of the logo becasue I like when logo wrap themseifes up.

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top