What will the logo be?

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What will the logo be?

Post by Mylodon on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:10 pm

I really like your art Aki, but it's still a title screen, bound to the the anime.

See, what I mean is that if we end up being "Dexholder productions", the logo should have something to do with that. It's supposed to be something that represents the team.

I am however all for using your title screen if you could make RGB a bit more noticeable.
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcbrent on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Mylodon wrote:I am however all for using your title screen if you could make RGB a bit more noticeable.

Maybe the RGB could be completely white?

Other than that, I really like that as a title screen! It looks professional, it's clear and crisp and it has a bit of an edge. I think it would work!
mcbrent
Audio Team
Audio Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Mylodon is rigth about the RGB need to be a bit more noticeable. Maybe the tale thingege that you took from chibiwish design and make it yellow and there have RGB in red, green and blue or just RGB can be completely white like what mcbrent said.

I do like the idea of having the colors of the logo change for every episode. If we have to have just on set of colors I like to have yellow lettering with a gold outline.

Dexholder productions I fine with that as a team name. Every time I come up with a team name with the word poke in it it's sounds too corny with pokespecial.

@Mylodon
We may need to have 2 logos one for the show (which everyone is working on here) and for are team name. Lets use TeamFourStar for example they have 2 logos one for there team and one for DragonBall z Abridged.

[center]Check out my YouTube Channel. I'm been doing Pokémon Special / Adventures videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 pm

OMIGAWD AKI I LOVE IT. And I think the 'change the colors' might be a bit excesive, but I won't say no. I just want to make the opening and have it be over with. XDD

Another reason I say that, is because if you think about color theory, since the logo is going to be on a mainly blue background, red is the best color to use to have it jump out in front and not clash too horribly. (I used photoshop to change the colors; I was right, Red looks the best.) But, I think that since we want to make the 'RGB' be more noticeable, just change the letters to the color of their respective character? It'll stand out enough, but not too much.

And I like Dexholder Productions! That sounds mega epic! XD
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator

View user profile http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:23 pm

alrighty, I'll try making rgb more noticeable>W< (i could try both mcbrent's and joy's way) but after thinking about it, writing PokeSpecial instead of POKESPECIAL may ruin the design in terms of... what's it called... I can't remember the exact term for it but it's for the sake of the typography... I could try thoC:

oh and mylo, i actually put dexholder productions in partially for the sake of the designXDD for visual balance's sake and all>W>
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcbrent on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:26 pm

I think you should still be able to accent the e without changing the typography. I agree that having PokeSpecial will probably ruin the design.
mcbrent
Audio Team
Audio Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:27 pm

No no, I like it in capitals, it works. And don't forget color theory, and that Red seriously looks the best on that background. Green isn't too bad but it kinda clashes with the red pokeball and the blue background, and blue just goes too far in the back and makes the pokeball pop too much. I love how the design looks now, seriously. Don't change it too much.
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Go for POKéSPECIAL first and the they PokéSpecial
The e have to be like this ( é ). That is not up for debet.

[center]Check out my YouTube Channel. I'm been doing Pokémon Special / Adventures videos.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:01 am

Aki11 wrote:lol ive been lurking in this topic for a while now so now I'm skipping (temporarily, going back to do it now) homework to do my version of the title.

i did a few versions, think this is one of the better ones:

didn't wanna use the pokemon font cos i think it looks too childish, but we'll seeC: (took some suggestions from everyone, like the old one that wally waltzie submitted, chibiwish's etc) stylized mew so that it won't look as prominent.

(and the dexholder productions thing, it's not the final name of our team don't worry, I'm just lazy to check which is the most widely voted one right now and since it's not decided what our team name is, I'm just putting in a random one.)

The shines actually pass by from left to right, and they aren't really part of the title, imagine it moving lolXD

I think ti looks really good :O
Only problems I see with it are that RGB is a bit difficult to read and that you didn;t put an acute on the e in poké.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:00 am

alrighty, did some changes~ (different versions ahoy~)

Aki11
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:14 am

Nice, Aki~ >w< (as always haha)
However I have a few issues. >_> might be only me. oh well.

uh.. for some reason, I think the logo is too bulky. I think because the outline is too thick. And um, idk but I don't really like gradients. Especially white-colour gradients. (but if everyone likes it it's ok D: just my opinion)
And um, RGB there looks ot of place. ._.

Sory for um, the harsh comment. D':

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 am

no don't worry about it ezu you're not being harsh at all>W< Tho, the gradients aren't really part of the logo, more like an animation, with the light passing through it in the op kinda thing ya know?

will something like this be more effective? or still outta place?

Aki11
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 am

I realy like this inw but with all the red it hard to see the R.

This is good but the white is kinda blining.

All in all the realy goo but I whould think about change the color of the tale.

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 am

Aki11 wrote:oh and mylo, i actually put dexholder productions in partially for the sake of the designXDD for visual balance's sake and all>W>
Totally didn't mean to bash on the name, just taking your example and running with it.

I prefer the light going through "presents" rather than the other options.

But it's totally a title screen.
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 am

oh! sorry about that mylo, i think i sorta misread earlier and misinterpreted whatcha sayin earlier, sorry my bad><

tho i was visualizing it in a way such that the light passes from left to right, so it doesn't matter where it's positioned right now right, since the light's gonna be mobile and all..<W<

@sai, I understand that the R's harder to see but i wanna avoid colour clashing if possibleD: what could be done is that the rgb has it's own individual light passing through,or that it forms later in the opening animation, so that the words rgb will catch more attention... i dunno. (sorry brain not functioning right at this time==;Wink
Aki11
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:30 am

Um, I think it kinda lacks shiny-ness~ : X
Maybe because there's not much white in it.
The RGB is good with white. (but kinda not making sense :'< idk)

Well, if the gradient is for animation, then I'm ok with it. >w>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:45 am

Aki, how about you don't do the RGB in italics, it might make it more noticeable/readable?

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Aki for the RBG can you put colored pokeballs behind them according to the initial? Also I think the color shouldn't be Red because there are many other main characters and we should have a main representive color for the logo like a golden color or something
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:56 pm

I think the RGB is readable when they are all their own colours. And I most prefer the PokéSpecial one.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:11 am

oh, um.. the title is PokéSpecilal : RGB Arc right? So the logo should have the word Arc too right? ._.
I don't mind the red colour >w> pokeball is red right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:18 am

alrighty ill do some changes to the title and allC:

meanwhile we could decide on the team name etc? Dexholder productions sounds nice to me, but not everyone thinks the same right?XD
Aki11
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 am

I like the name "dexholder productions" better than PSA...>.> *shot*

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 am

There a problem with having the word Arc in the title. The word seem it didns't like to fit in the title. I don't think we realy need it in the title that bady.

Dexholder Productions I like that name for a the team name. Even those I'm going to called it pokedexholder productions.

SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:28 pm

About the team name, I just want a decision. What it ends up as is slightly less important.

Besides, PSA sounded less attractive ever since I realized it was related to public service announcements.
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:01 pm

I like Dexholder productions! 8D Besides, it's be weird to say 'I'm part of PSA' and have people go 'you're a part of a public service announcement?' XDD Just like it's weird to say I'm a fan of PMS....>.>; for uuuuh...obvious reasons...

And also, personally, although 'arc' is technically a part of the title, I absolutely love this design and think that we should use it, and for that, 'Arc' can be excluded. It's not like it's the most important part of the show; people want the content, not the title. XD
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top