Previously on Avatar (Or what they say about you)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Previously on Avatar (Or what they say about you)

Post by whatthechuck3 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 am

Hey guys. So while changing up my avatar recently, a thought struck me. Several of us have known each other for years...yet the only glimpse we've had of each other (for the most part) stems from those strange little icons that adorn each and every post we put up. Obviously those avatars are monumentally different from our normal appearances (I assume that applies to the majority) but is it perhaps possible that they instead represent a deeper window into our personalities than we may realize? Lol, that's a little more convaluted of a view than I mean it, but my point in this thread is this...What decisions went into your avatar(s).

For me, I really enjoyed the Blaine voice that I performed during my auditions (as he was my favorite character in the manga/games...but not so much the anime....) and it just kinda stuck with me...popping up in every avatar I've posted. Blaine's just one out of the millions of wise old men stereotypes that I love and eat up like candy...(which is perhaps why I love voicing them so much)....plus c'mon, look at that moustache!

So there you have it. Now its your turn. As my avatar would say...Riddle me this: Why did you pick the avatar you currently have or any you've had in the past? What say you? Razz

"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. Hahaha.....You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself...."

It\\\'d make me very happy if you read the rules.[strike]
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Previously on Avatar (Or what they say about you)

Post by MrMaster on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:08 pm

I don't have an avatar on this site! Take that!

But more seriously... Usually my avatar will be a simple drawing I made myself. I don't really use others' art for my avatar. I like to make it myself, since it represents me.

EDIT: Though, now I have this one, made by a good friend of mine.

Last edited by MrMaster on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
MrMaster
Voice Team
Voice Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Considering I fail at drawing, most of my avatars are photomanips of somehow. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever really changed my avatar on here....hrm.

Anyway, I love disney and pixar, and I love Dug's character, so my avatar was just something that makes me smile every time I look at it.

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:03 am

What made me pick my avatar with a shield?

My user name is Red_the_knight, but no actual avatar person holding a shield, just a shield. I like to draw just objects, but sometimes it's a little difficult to draw people up close.

The shield holds my symbol of a green triangle facing upward. And the title on top of the shield is my name: Red_the_knight. Someday, I'm ganna try and draw my real avatar of an actual person.
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Huh! That's a very interesting topic discussion! But it is pretty true! I do kinda see everyone as their avatars (and as such, whenever I think of you, chuck, I always think of Blaine! ^^).

Well my avatars are pretty obvious! They're usually something bird related. Usually something bird related; going with my username. I went with zapdos for a bit because I couldn't find any other yellow bird pokemon! (though I should be happy I could even find one!) Although I'm thinking of switching it back...I liked zapdos!

Though I'm interesting in hearing everyone else's stories!
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 am

I agree with Mr.Tweetums, interesting idea on avatars. No real interesting story behind mine though Sad I just picked Red for my avatar because he's one of favourites out the Dex Holders, and, as he said himself, he's the best trainer around ^_^

Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Mine has a bit more backstory behind it, and it ties in with my username as well.

Before I really got into doing stuff on the internet, I was a writer. Being a big fan of the Pokemon series, I naturally started with Pokemon Fan-fiction. My first read? Ace Sanchez's "Pokemon Master". My username "The Black Glove" comes from the introductory paragraph of Ash, who had become a dark Pokemon Master in the events before the story.

After some time as a writer, I arrived on Serebiiforums and decided to try roleplaying. It was during this time that I created "BG", a character who acted as my avatar in my campaigns to keep the players off track, and help them out of a jam. BG personified everything I both was and not- while he had a number of my traits, he was also much cooler and more confident than I was at the time. It wasn't until much later that I would realize how much of a Gary-Stu he was.

I would later bring the same character to other Pokemon RPG's... toned down. He was no longer invincible as a PC, and ended up being the butt of several jokes. I later came up with the idea of creating my own Pokemon RPG, and made my avatar to be the mug sprite for BG as an NPC Champion for a new region (which is, so far, unnamed). The sprite is based of one of Morty (heavily edited) from Pokesho. The full E4 can be found in the sprite thread, minus one.

I am considering picking something new though...
The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:39 am

lol, wow that's cool...I never realized that was a morty sprite Razz

"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. Hahaha.....You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself...."

It\\\'d make me very happy if you read the rules.[strike]
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by okaminokage on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm

My avatar came from the fan art section of the gallery of the Scantalators I read Pokemon from (/a/non) I Saw it and cracked up I love Gold and thought it was hillarious he was the Queen of hearts (yes, queen ^^)at some point I want to draw something but my scanner is a pain in the rear to use
okaminokage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 pm

whatthechuck3 wrote:lol, wow that's cool...I never realized that was a morty sprite Razz
Super heavy edits. The original is here:
http://pokesho.com/chara_game1.html

Check under the HGSS section. The glove I added is from TCG2.
The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top