Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copyright???

+3
Mylodon
Joyfulldreams
Neojunk
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Copyright??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Copyright???

Post by Mylodon Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:19 pm

I think we should probably finish one episode, not publish it, send it off to the distributors and let them know that we don't care about the flow of money, we just want it published because we're such fans.

That is essentially letting them make profit out of our work, but that way we won't ever break copyright and we will have the potential of a much bigger audience.

Best case scenario: They let us publish it on the internet until our staff has enough experience to make the anime efficiently, at which point they might or might not have jobs for the vital parts of the staff.

Worst case scenario: They say no. We have to shut down the project or continue in secret.

There are lots of other opportunities, as long as we contact them with business in mind. We have to come up with a deal that gives them nothing to lose. I'll try to come up with some ideas or outlines for deals.

How about next Friday, we regroup on skype, and make a mini meeting about this specific issue.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Copyright??? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:21 pm

*nods* I like that idea, and the meeting works too

Dco might be 20, but your point still stands, Joy
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Copyright??? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:25 pm

XD Let them make profit off of our work! That works! I mean, we are using their characters. But they probably wont want to. >.>;
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Copyright??? - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah, lol, it's practically fool-proof. they don't have to pay voice actors or animators or anything, just watch the little fans work magic. If this weren't so enjoyable, this would probably be slave labor, but I would be estatic if they would let us do this!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:29 pm

So it's a deal, we'll have a meeting with different ideas about how to approach them on friday?

Let me know in clear lettering, so I can put a thread in the meeting forum.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:31 pm

But, they probably wont want to sell it because it's not very high quality. At the very least, we could propose that the have it available for people to download for a small fee or something. (Meaning that they could charge a small fee and get a small profit from our work.) And then once everything gets better, they're interest might peak.

Mylodon: Yeah, we should do that.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel-Kid Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm

This is a really stupid idea, but I'm just going to say it.

What if we spelled the characters' names differently, and make very small changes to the character's appearances? Maybe their shoes can be the only thing different. IDK I'm just guessing

Angel-Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with this. We can't let the distributors make profits out of our work. We can't just give them our hard work and let them make money off it.

Even if we are just doing this for the fans, this will only enlargen corporate greed.

I will attend the meeting, and will volunteer my ideas about this matter.
There must be a solution to this that will help everyone benefit.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Copyright??? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Nope, my dad said we would get blasted for that, Angel. it was a good idea though, because I asked him the same thing.

@Mylo: What do mean "clear lettering"? Just what we need in a concise sentence? Okay... We shall have a meeting on Friday the 9th (time to be determined) to discuss how to deal with the issue of copyright. Discussion will range from potential Fair Use breeches to how to deal with the different corporations.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Angel-kid:
That's probably going to cost us the pity of any judge. If we do those things, it'll be clear that we knew what we were getting ourselves into, and we will probably be sentenced harder.

It might be a good idea, but only after all our other options are explored.

Tweet:
I think that no matter what, they will make some kind of profit out of this. This way we might get something out of it ourselves. If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them. I expect to hear some great and well researched ideas.

Dirksies:
You got it, I just didn't want no one to show up.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:54 pm

I asked my mother about this issue, and her opinion is that they shouldn't really care that much, and if we give complete and proper attributes, as well as hot-links to the original instance of what we are adapting, they'll probably leave us alone.

Which would be hot-linking to the official pokemon special nintendo website, hot-linking to pokemon on game freak, hot-linking to viz media, giving credit to satoshi yamamoto, and anything else that has anything to do with pokemon and the manga, stating that they have complete ownership of all characters, plot, storyline, names, creatures, etc.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Right. My dad gave the official, legal opinion on what would happen to us, but I still think we have a lot of wiggle room. If we correctly cite everything, like you said Joy, and maybe even try to get in contact with the makers, then we should probably be okay.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Ok, I'm going to return tomorrow morning. I'm tired, and can't deal with the conclusion to this discussion changing all the time.

Hopefully, with a new day, you will have reached a final conclusion. But now, I will delete the meeting thread, and repost it in another format tomorrow.

EDIT: Decided to just lock it for now.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Good night, then, Mylo. We'll get this all sorted out
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:52 pm

We can't really deal with copyright you know. I mean its similar to you tube or devart. If some kill joy reports it, its the end of it. Fansub groups have the same problem. I mean they tried subbing FMA Brotherhood and they even got a letter from funimation forcing them to stop. In the end they stopped but no legal issues were put up.

My point here is that unless we are getting worldwide attention, no one should really care about what we do. I mean many don't even know the manga exists, here and there I still see people mistaking Red for the twerp. Many don't even believe any fan could make an anime. Plus I heard of some abridged series of anime they made. Those are purely fan made right? But they have no problem.

So my suggestion is that sending a letter to anyone to ask for permission would only give them an idea and will give them more reason to shut this down. Plus they never gave a care when people plea for an anime so they should have no right criticizing this.

Oh and I also don't like the idea of people paying them to see this group's work. The reason special has no anime to begin with is because of the corporate greed and pile of money they get from the first anime. But anyways that's my own opinion. Oh and I'm 22, so I may not be on the group on working but am I the oldest?
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Copyright??? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:13 pm

videofan9864 wrote:We can't really deal with copyright you know. I mean its similar to you tube or devart. If some kill joy reports it, its the end of it. Fansub groups have the same problem. I mean they tried subbing FMA Brotherhood and they even got a letter from funimation forcing them to stop. In the end they stopped but no legal issues were put up.

My point here is that unless we are getting worldwide attention, no one should really care about what we do. I mean many don't even know the manga exists, here and there I still see people mistaking Red for the twerp. Many don't even believe any fan could make an anime. Plus I heard of some abridged series of anime they made. Those are purely fan made right? But they have no problem.

So my suggestion is that sending a letter to anyone to ask for permission would only give them an idea and will give them more reason to shut this down. Plus they never gave a care when people plea for an anime so they should have no right criticizing this.

Oh and I also don't like the idea of people paying them to see this group's work. The reason special has no anime to begin with is because of the corporate greed and pile of money they get from the first anime. But anyways that's my own opinion. Oh and I'm 22, so I may not be on the group on working but am I the oldest?

I didn't like the letter thing either, because if it didn't work we'd be shut down.

And yes, that would make you the oldest. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:18 pm

videofan9864 wrote:We can't really deal with copyright you know. I mean its similar to you tube or devart. If some kill joy reports it, its the end of it. Fansub groups have the same problem. I mean they tried subbing FMA Brotherhood and they even got a letter from funimation forcing them to stop. In the end they stopped but no legal issues were put up.

good point. We shouldn't worry about these issues, but There will be issues. Such as fan projects. I agree that fan projects don't automatically get sued over every small project, but if it gets large enough, it's total chaos. Such as abridged series. Pure fanmade, but once they began racking up subscribers, companies take notice. Most of the ones that are still around are because if obscurity or an agreement that has been worked out. (see littlekuriboh and 4kids).

Of course I totally agree with you on numerous points, if this project does get big enough, we would have to take precautions.

Although I don't see why everyone is worrying so much. That's the future. We shouldn't have to worry about this, til it happens.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Awww I'm the oldest, then I should be a senior member XD Anyways I really can't believe you guys are so much younger. Very Happy

Yeah I mean we're not even done with episode 1 yet. We should at least be done with RGB saga first before we worry too much otherwise we might prove serebii right and not finish anything at all.

Now for the moment after we finish some episodes or so lets just take some precaution and we just leave the episodes here on the site and not distribute on you tube or other places. (I highly don't trust you tube as well, I had 3 accounts suspended even though I added the no copyright violation intended etc) The other parodies I mentioned before are on famous shows like yugioh and fullmetal alchemist. Not that I'm saying special isn't famous but it is still much lesser known than those 2 shows as well as its anime counterpart.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Yeah, on that note, I belong to a private website that has it's own private server to host episodes of a certain anime there. If I talk to the admins, I might be able to ask them if we can host our anime on their server too
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Neojunk Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Let's just say... we ignore until the time comes?
I used be a GM on a private gaming server and it got shut down by Nexon (you probably know what game I'm talking about now XD) but even a corporation like Nexon only requests it being closed down and I'm sure since most of us are underage, they won't sue. Or I will start a mass e-mail campaign in retaliation :O
Neojunk
Neojunk
Staff

Music Team Copyright??? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Neojunk Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Also, I used play on a RO server and they actually fought back and the Judge ruled that since they can't protect their contents well enough that server was allowed to continue XD maybe we'll have a mofo judge like that guy.
Neojunk
Neojunk
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I wouldn't say ignore...more like 'put aside until this issue becomes prominent'.
It IS an important topic, but we shouldn't have to worry about it.

I don't think they would sue...the most they would do is probably 'cease and desist' production.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:Yeah, on that note, I belong to a private website that has it's own private server to host episodes of a certain anime there. If I talk to the admins, I might be able to ask them if we can host our anime on their server too

I prefer that idea, we link the download to this site and make our own comments page. But not the intention to be greedy or anything but I suggest we shouldn't distribute it to the world yet, just for everyone on this forum until the right time. So as to avoid all those legal issues and people making money out of us.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:32 pm

But then that depends, when the right time would be.

When would we release it? Would we just privately keep it?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Neojunk Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:40 pm

I can tell this is going to be a huge project and we can use the laws for our advantage if anything. Like after we do get a permission from the original Pokemon anime creators (shouldn't be that hard actually), we can put on a disclaimer (obviously) stating that it's for non-profit and if anyone were to use it for profit, we can sue them for money. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA $_$ I ♥️ money
Neojunk
Neojunk
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next