Copyright???

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:But then that depends, when the right time would be.

When would we release it? Would we just privately keep it?

I prefer at least after the RGB saga and after we make a trailer for yellow arc. IF just if it turns out that 3 chapters fit an episode, we can have RGB saga done in 13-14 episodes. We just share it to everyone on this site but not on you tube and stuff. Plus if we release it and get copyrighted at least we've done 1 saga.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Neojunk on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Regarding the American distributors (if I'm thinking correctly, I'm not understanding the entire situation), couldn't we just distribute it to everyone that comes to the site? For example, we could be like pokemonepisode.org and have a dedicated sites on running these episodes. It could leak out to other sites but for those of us that might be going into animations field, it could be a valuable experience if the project becomes well known as it expands. I mean, if anything, this could become our way of becoming known to the world.

Neojunk
Staff

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 76
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Neojunk wrote:Regarding the American distributors (if I'm thinking correctly, I'm not understanding the entire situation), couldn't we just distribute it to everyone that comes to the site? For example, we could be like pokemonepisode.org and have a dedicated sites on running these episodes. It could leak out to other sites but for those of us that might be going into animations field, it could be a valuable experience if the project becomes well known as it expands. I mean, if anything, this could become our way of becoming known to the world.

Yes I agree with you there. But we should at least finish one saga before aiming for a huge expansion. For now let's just host any episodes we have on websites (not online watching sites). Because we want to avoid any copyright issues as much as possible. I mean if so many people were to see, they'd be jealous which could lead some to shut us down. (Oh I got some comments as I tried recruiting people that they like the manga as it is and no anime)

Oh now that you mention it, we should have an anime title that will be sure to separate our anime from the other anime. I believe Pokemon Adventures or Pokemon Special alone won't do.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:12 pm

videofan9864 wrote:
Mrtweetums wrote:But then that depends, when the right time would be.

When would we release it? Would we just privately keep it?

I prefer at least after the RGB saga and after we make a trailer for yellow arc. IF just if it turns out that 3 chapters fit an episode, we can have RGB saga done in 13-14 episodes. We just share it to everyone on this site but not on you tube and stuff. Plus if we release it and get copyrighted at least we've done 1 saga.

I admit it's a good idea to finish a saga before releasing it, but the problem is, that if we release it from the site alone, sooner or later, it will leak out to YouTube...

Another problem is that if it takes 14 episodes for one arc, it would be a couple of years before we even reach the r/s/e.

Possibly if we release it to the public we could get more support and help for the project.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Neojunk on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Well, I'm going to discuss this more seriously now, all my other posts were said in passive-aggressive sarcasm except the initial one. I got to know this project through mangafox today and if we do want to take this to a bigger scale (which I would love), we need attract more people. Also, somehow make sure everyone is contributing. I'm not talking in the sense of the Third Reich regime but more as in communist state; it can't happen unless people support it. Even being a dedicated fan would be a contribution. By the way, how are we animating this? I'm not in the team obviously but I can't envision it. Is it passed through the site?

Neojunk
Staff

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 76
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:
videofan9864 wrote:
Mrtweetums wrote:But then that depends, when the right time would be.

When would we release it? Would we just privately keep it?

I prefer at least after the RGB saga and after we make a trailer for yellow arc. IF just if it turns out that 3 chapters fit an episode, we can have RGB saga done in 13-14 episodes. We just share it to everyone on this site but not on you tube and stuff. Plus if we release it and get copyrighted at least we've done 1 saga.

I admit it's a good idea to finish a saga before releasing it, but the problem is, that if we release it from the site alone, sooner or later, it will leak out to YouTube...

Another problem is that if it takes 14 episodes for one arc, it would be a couple of years before we even reach the r/s/e.

Possibly if we release it to the public we could get more support and help for the project.

Yeah I forgot about that. But it could happen that if we let the public know too early we get into trouble before finishing an arc. Though it doesn't hurt to be careful, I still doubt our animation would be good enough to attract the copyright themselves.

Well I'm doing the estimation of chapters from what I've seen on other anime. Combining 3 chapters together is at least 45 pages and that's quite possible to fit in one episode. So since RGB is 40 chapters my estimation is 13-14 episodes. Yellow is 50 chapters so it might take 16 episodes. GSC would take longer unless you guys like to do R/S first since it can stand on its own after yellow arc.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Neojunk on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 pm

[quote="Mrtweetums"][quote="videofan9864"]
Mrtweetums wrote:But then that depends, when the right time would be.

I admit it's a good idea to finish a saga before releasing it, but the problem is, that if we release it from the site alone, sooner or later, it will leak out to YouTube...

That is without a doubt true. But if we can't prevent it from leaking, I'd say the best thing is to take a chance and claim the credits before anyone else does and put it on Youtube. But it's still really early on so... let's "put aside until this issue becomes prominent"

Neojunk
Staff

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 76
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Well currently things are still in auditioning/beginning stages so we can't take it to a bigger scale (just yet XD), but I'm sure everyone is doing their best to support/contribute the project.

and Im sure that people are advertising and expanding our reach to everyone who can help.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Neojunk on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Awesome.

Neojunk
Staff

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 76
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:39 pm

videofan9864 wrote:
Neojunk wrote:Regarding the American distributors (if I'm thinking correctly, I'm not understanding the entire situation), couldn't we just distribute it to everyone that comes to the site? For example, we could be like pokemonepisode.org and have a dedicated sites on running these episodes. It could leak out to other sites but for those of us that might be going into animations field, it could be a valuable experience if the project becomes well known as it expands. I mean, if anything, this could become our way of becoming known to the world.

Yes I agree with you there. But we should at least finish one saga before aiming for a huge expansion. For now let's just host any episodes we have on websites (not online watching sites). Because we want to avoid any copyright issues as much as possible. I mean if so many people were to see, they'd be jealous which could lead some to shut us down. (Oh I got some comments as I tried recruiting people that they like the manga as it is and no anime)

Oh now that you mention it, we should have an anime title that will be sure to separate our anime from the other anime. I believe Pokemon Adventures or Pokemon Special alone won't do.


Good point. Jealous fans lead to many deaths of impressive projects. And people will surely try to copy our idea. Possibly people might try to animate different arcs before we do.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by videofan9864 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:34 pm

But you know, in a fan's definition it would be good if they do try animating other arcs. I mean as long as its good. But I doubt that they would. Many can brag or boast all they like but their mouths coudn't bite.

Oh well in overall my idea is to animate RGB saga first before trying to advertise and distribute too much. But our progress will be determined after episode 1.

videofan9864
Moderator

Forum Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 333
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Mrtweetums on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Of course. All of our ideas and progress can only be determined after the results or episode 1, let's not start getting too ahead of ourselves.

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Mylodon on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 am

Ok, everybody has agreed that we will put off dealing with copyright. Because of this, there will be no mini meeting on Friday.

I have also locked this topic until a point where it becomes relevant again.

Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team


Gender : Male
Posts : 207

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright???

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:39 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum