Do you guys really want this?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you guys really want this?

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:30 pm

If you guys don't know… I am the founder of this project, but from what I have seen so far for the last two years that this forum has been up is an amount of motivation that has faded… I don't know about you guys but I haven't seen any dedication for this at all ever since I last checked these forums (which has been for some time now). Motivation and dedication is different you guys… dedication "commits" to the idea and the other just "sparks" with enthusiasm for a certain amount of time. Everyone has done their share in order to complete tasks and objectives in order to fulfill the animations, voice acting, illustration, etc… but where did THAT go? In fact I don't understand how we went from creating a "Pokemon Special Show" to just add on more and more work for the people who haven't even completed not ONE episode yet. I'm sorry to be so blunt like this but it's true, why hasn't anyone even considered that two things going at once is way more than just working on the "Main Idea"… it's just overwhelming and tiring. The animators have it hard enough trying to animate individual frames and the planning, let alone the illustration and line art that comes after that. I'm really sorry to say that Aki, Ezu, Joy, Nova, Zephyr, Dirksies, Chuck, Tweetums and a lot of others really have put their heart and souls into this… but why has it faded away? Why is everyone pushing "Pokemon Special Anime" into many different directions and different paths… just why?

I remember when this first began, everyone was so excited… so eager to make these forums in order to really go through with this plan. It all started on mangafox… I brought up the Pokemon Special Anime idea in the forums there and I remember how I tried to work on the anime on my own… all I wanted was voice actors… but, knowing how bad I was and how bad I am at art… (I'm getting better and I've been working hard…), people began to think that maybe this should be in the hands of a group or multiple people. This group was created to bring the pokemon special dream come true… an anime. Things began to look great the first few months… then a year past. Many great people have joined and they really gave it their all. (I'll admit, I didn't give my 100%, should have but family comes first…) But as time past, people began to fade from the forum… as if the motivation had died down. Now it's year 2… where are we? Have we even accomplished our first goal? The first episode? Honestly if you guys aren't going to make up your mind on what to do I would highly recommend figuring out a realistic plan… this is just not happening folks. We had a great run, no doubt… but we stopped before we could make it to the finish line. Are you guys really serious about this thing… completing the arcs and turning them into anime to put smiles on fans' faces and allowing people's dream to turn into reality, or do you guys want this to split up into different teams and not work as a family to complete the ultimate goal? I'm sorry this is a really annoying thing to read (I am a little blunt sometimes), but please guys make up your minds. It's saddening to see such a great effort go to waste by a small amount of motivation that melted away… I'm not sure how much longer I can watch to see everyone becoming strained by this hole that we can't dig out of...

dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 379
Age : 21

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by dirksies on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Beat, I'm glad to see your back! Questioning why you came back only to criticize and bring down, but glad that you're back nonetheless!

You have some excellent points. We haven't made as much progress as we would have hoped, nor do we have a lot to show for all our work on this project, but that doesn't mean we have lost the "spark" to see it through. Part of the reason we haven't made as much progress as could be is because we are a group of volunteers who are doing this without pay, for fun. Most of us have jobs, intense school/class work, and relationships outside of these forums that we have to deal with. If we were solely working on this project and everyone had the 100% commitment that other actual animes have, yes, I agree that the progress we have made is blitheringly inadequeate. However, with the amount of commitment me have and the people that give their time when the can willingly, we have made astounding progress.

To recap our work completed: we have most of the lines for the first episode recorded and sent in (I merely need to get the critiques done), we have composed two songs (an opening and a closing) with excellent orchestration and we have chosen at least one singer already, we have created a mini-show to help get publicity whose animation was only done by two of our animators (showing what two people who are dedicated for the project can do), we have several scripts written, and finally, we are working on refining the way in which we do this production. So yes, there is a lot left to do, but look how far we've come!

This brings me to another reason that we are moving so slowly, this has never been done before! What other fan anime has been made were people from all over the world get together to make something like this? The videos of little scenes from PokeSpe as an anime on Youtube are often done by one person max. and very rarely with voices or background music. We are doing something completely new which means that it's going to take time to figure out exactly how to do it. It's not all about coming up with a product, it's about the process as well as the friendships we make while doing it.

In the end, we really can't have a defeatist attitude. If you don't think you can do something, chances are, you won't. Now excuse me as I return to studying for finals.

_________________

Nothing's like before!


Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic
Gender : Female
Posts : 1326
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Red_the_knight on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 pm

I agree with both debeat & dirksies. It's all because of class, work, and finals. You think maybe one would finally do something, but instead, we're not getting much illustrators to finish up the lineart.

Plus, I'm already bored of wanting to do all of Part 2 & 3 since everyone's busy. And I'm practicing in Part 3.

Here's one just to make you happy: if I perhaps completed Part 3 or somewhat, will you stay?

Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 540
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:44 pm

dirksies wrote:Beat, I'm glad to see your back! Questioning why you came back only to criticize and bring down, but glad that you're back nonetheless!

You have some excellent points. We haven't made as much progress as we would have hoped, nor do we have a lot to show for all our work on this project, but that doesn't mean we have lost the "spark" to see it through. Part of the reason we haven't made as much progress as could be is because we are a group of volunteers who are doing this without pay, for fun. Most of us have jobs, intense school/class work, and relationships outside of these forums that we have to deal with. If we were solely working on this project and everyone had the 100% commitment that other actual animes have, yes, I agree that the progress we have made is blitheringly inadequeate. However, with the amount of commitment me have and the people that give their time when the can willingly, we have made astounding progress.

To recap our work completed: we have most of the lines for the first episode recorded and sent in (I merely need to get the critiques done), we have composed two songs (an opening and a closing) with excellent orchestration and we have chosen at least one singer already, we have created a mini-show to help get publicity whose animation was only done by two of our animators (showing what two people who are dedicated for the project can do), we have several scripts written, and finally, we are working on refining the way in which we do this production. So yes, there is a lot left to do, but look how far we've come!

This brings me to another reason that we are moving so slowly, this has never been done before! What other fan anime has been made were people from all over the world get together to make something like this? The videos of little scenes from PokeSpe as an anime on Youtube are often done by one person max. and very rarely with voices or background music. We are doing something completely new which means that it's going to take time to figure out exactly how to do it. It's not all about coming up with a product, it's about the process as well as the friendships we make while doing it.

In the end, we really can't have a defeatist attitude. If you don't think you can do something, chances are, you won't. Now excuse me as I return to studying for finals.

This isn't necessarily a defeatist attitude…this is a recheck on if this is really what everyone wants… and we already have established friendship and what not… but the project itself is becoming something that it was originally not meant to be. I don't understand the fact that people are breaking up into these separate groups and trying to start more work… and the fact that the phase from having motivation and turning it into dedication isn't there. Why aren't we just focusing on the task at hand? Why do there have to be more projects compiled on top of each other… why can't there just be ONE goal? Teamwork is lacking, in fact the creation of teams in the first place was our biggest mistake. I remember when we actually had meetings… people would debate and argue whether this team should have an admin, or that team should have this much power, etc… heck I remember when the animation team was frustrated at the fact that we didn't have an admin for the animation team… the main task at hand is just lost right now. All I'm trying to say is "What do you guys want?" People are breaking into their separate individualistic ideas now, breaking into separate teams… that is not only selfish, but that's not teamwork AT ANY DEGREE… why did we even come up with the team idea in the first place… it was a waste of time… we are still disorganized as it is. And the fact that people are doing things like "I want to do this idea…" and "I think this should be…" is breaking the whole entire forum apart into separate groups and taking our main focus away.

I've also noticed things like "I want to prove myself to you…" kind of deal. Why can't anyone here try to accept and work with what we have already… auditions I can see for one as a way to recruit for people, but sometimes it seems like people are just trying to get in to just say "Hey look, I can prove to everyone I'm the best animator"… or … "I can color really good, so I think I should be a vice president…" or… "I proved to you guys I'm one of the best musicians, give me a role…" I am sorry, but this has been bugging me for awhile… I had to speak my mind. I also have finals as well, and yes it has been some killer studying XD… but back to the main point, our focus is being faltered… what is our true goal, because from what I remember it was to complete the pokemon special anime as a series?

Red_the_knight wrote:I agree with both debeat & dirksies. It's all because of class, work, and finals. You think maybe one would finally do something, but instead, we're not getting much illustrators to finish up the lineart.

Plus, I'm already bored of wanting to do all of Part 2 & 3 since everyone's busy. And I'm practicing in Part 3.

Here's one just to make you happy: if I perhaps completed Part 3 or somewhat, will you stay?

That's fine… but I just want you guys to do things as a team… not to bribe me to stay. I'm just trying to remind you guys one and important task at hand… complete the Pokemon Special Manga as not only friends, but as one team and as one group of great individuals who are willing to get this thing complete.

dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 379
Age : 21

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Jonk on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I've only been part of this project for 6 months so perhaps I just haven't lost my spark, but I feel like I've contributed a respectable amount since joining and am seeing the project finally becoming to a stage where progress is being made. Not to shoot down anything you said but your dealing with a team of amateurs which most likely had an end goal in mind with no real knowledge of the work, people, and experience needed for the project. I imagine most of the first year of this project was quarrels about leadership, styles, and methods of accomplishing the end goal of the anime. This is not even including the fact that this is a volunteer project and it is tedious/professional work were looking for.

I believe that as the project ages it has gained many valuable things such as a reliable team, a set of standards, a great leadership foundation, and knowledge and experience that will make the final project shine. Just cause its 2 years now isn't a bad thing, just looking forward to future keeps my spark alive so I will continue to work towards my goal.

Jonk
Staff

Animation Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 353
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Jonk wrote:I've only been part of this project for 6 months so perhaps I just haven't lost my spark, but I feel like I've contributed a respectable amount since joining and am seeing the project finally becoming to a stage where progress is being made. Not to shoot down anything you said but your dealing with a team of amateurs which most likely had an end goal in mind with no real knowledge of the work, people, and experience needed for the project. I imagine most of the first year of this project was quarrels about leadership, styles, and methods of accomplishing the end goal of the anime. This is not even including the fact that this is a volunteer project and it is tedious/professional work were looking for.

I believe that as the project ages it has gained many valuable things such as a reliable team, a set of standards, a great leadership foundation, and knowledge and experience that will make the final project shine. Just cause its 2 years now isn't a bad thing, just looking forward to future keeps my spark alive so I will continue to work towards my goal.

It's not just your goal, it's everyones… yes? Everyone is working on a goal so just note that everyone is working towards one outcome… not multiple and separate ways. If you've ever attended one of the meetings all people seem to talk about is leadership and what role someone gets and that in turn began to lead into teams, groups, and even separate ideas on how everything should be. It's as if we have a government without a cause and tons of random political parties running around; And yes standards are important because people need to work, but this forum has and will always have biases and opinions and political things that go on in the works. Besides that point, let me just say that it's not just about how long it's taken… it's the fact that during the time frame people are beginning to break up into separate ideas and groups and trying to do their own thing. It's one thing to have dreams, but not working together to fulfill a dream is another thing. Like you mentioned above, everyone here are amateurs, but that doesn't mean people here aren't talented… which in turn leads to "favorites" and "biased" opinions about the people. That was another fault that we had as we created this forum… teams lead to esoteric ways and embellished work ethics. The teams went too far… that time creating the teams could have been time to actually work on at what really needs to be done… like I said in the last couple of posts… everyone is not realizing what the real goal is… why we are here and what the main idea is. Focus is key here, and I haven't seen that in awhile… This project may have taken two years, but think about it this way… it's been two years and we aren't even done with the first episode, nobody is being realistic about this. If we are going to finish the entire thing, ONE goal must be in place right now. This forum might be important to you as an individual, but teamwork is key and the entire forum has to strive for that one thing, not to develop your own ideas and goals within it. That will just only in turn harm the team and progression will slow down…

dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 379
Age : 21

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Jonk on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:26 pm

You took my word far out of context.

I said I disagreed with you; I think there's great teamwork and trust. I also think that the goal is coming at an appropriate pace for the level of professionalism that we have agreed on as a community.

Jonk
Staff

Animation Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 353
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 pm

@dabeatmaster123
I think we seem to be more organized/unified now more than before.

And to be honest, its not like we've been working for 2 years. Its really only 1 month during Christmas break and 2 months during summer break and most of that has only really been trial and error. I haven't been here since the beginning but that seems to be the trend.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Jonk wrote:You took my word far out of context.

I said I disagreed with you; I think there's great teamwork and trust. I also think that the goal is coming at an appropriate pace for the level of professionalism that we have agreed on as a community.

I didn't take it out of context, I was just adding more points into a further need to figure out why progression has slowed down as well as give some of you guys an insight on the past and now. From what I have seen in the years that I have been here, teamwork has been breaking down… also just because we are working at a standard and appropriate pace doesn't mean that Pokemon Special Anime will be completed if we keep trying to do different things while we work on the project… we might not be professionals but we can work and complete things, but from what I have noticed is a dwindling amount of dedication decreasing in commitment. In terms of that things have gotten out of hand, the thing that I see being commenced is a separation of goals and ideas that increase as time goes on. If you guys want to complete this then completing the series should be your main priority…in fact completing the first episode should be the focus…

@Guest

The reason why it seems more unified is the fact that in the beginning as things began to sort out, we were figuring out leadership positions and what not. But even back then there was a sense of "Dedication" that slowly steepened as time went. It might seem fine now, but I just remember how things used to be, we didn't have separation of ideas and goals. It was just… "Let's work on the animation… you got the illustration, alright let's start on music now that we have the idea…" I just have noticed that the main goal of the project is starting to change and shift into multiple ways and this is just a warning of what could happen if the focus level isn't there. But you guys really need to figure out what the true purpose of these forums are… there has been an increase of different groups and separation between them, even the teams have been so separate to the point to where people don't know what other teams are doing or where they are at… there just hasn't been a team effort… it's been separating over the years… there might be teams and a type of organization, but it's more so forming into individualistic groups and ideas that shouldn't be a priority.

dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 379
Age : 21

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Really?
What separation do you speak of?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Jonk on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm

You actually did take my words out of context by going from, my declaration of my own dedication which contrasted your lack of spark/dedication statement, into you saying that I missed your point about it being everyone's goal and we aren't working as a team. I did not say that, and you drew the main clause of your response from that.

Either way I still disagree, the first episode is moving at a good pace, the team I work with is unified and willing to cooperate, the cross team production works well and auditions insure quality. Contrary to what you say there is dedication and a unified teamwork which you are just blowing off by saying its not the same ... well IMHO change is good. Even since I joined all the changes that have occurred have been positive and discussed/agreed upon by the majority of the contributing members.

Jonk
Staff

Animation Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 353
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Guest wrote:Really?
What separation do you speak of?

As we first began the forums, we were trying to unify our group and leaders… it was around christmas time. I remember it, I was really excited about the idea because I was really into pokemon special at the time. I posted a thread on mangafox saying that I had decided to start on a pokemon special anime. People flooded the thread and then people began to want to get involved themselves. So, knowing how "enthusiastic" everyone was, I remember it was Shen J, Joyfulldreams, Ezu, Pakken, Tweetums, Zephyr… we were in a skype call… at that time we were really excited about the team and we had our first meeting. Things were fine at the time, there weren't too many agreements, etc. But soon enough, team presidents began to debate about the "Admin" position once admins were giving out. From what I remember I was the animation leader at the time, but aki came and she became the animation leader because she has a lot more experience than me… another meeting came about and we had a debate about the animation team not allowed to have an admin… soon enough the teams afterwards began to have difficulty on the specific pace of each team.

As time passed organization began to get really messed up because nobody was "communicating" enough with each other and people started to get really thrown off on what other people were doing. It was a form of isolationism, admins focused on their teams (which is understandable), however that really was a problem back then especially when people never talked to each other and nobody knew what to sort out. Like the music team was kind of lost because they didn't know how the opening and endings were going to go, and the order in which everything was going to be worked on. Later, as more people began to join teams imbalances started to sway, style wise at least. Some of the people who were in the teams had a different type of style (more so in the illustration and animation teams) and it began to get really difficult for them.

As more time passed (I believe all of that flowed through a year) animators (and we still are) lacked and it was getting hard because people were leaving, communication between the animators were getting more difficult for more demands. By now, our flow of work and teamwork overall fell… people began to be on and off with assignments due to school and work… summer came, things picked up a hair, but as you have noticed things have been lacking lately… and now we are trying to work on Pokemon Special Show and the actual Pokemon Special Anime. It's starting to separate into not only just groups but into different projects. That is what I'm trying to get at… what do you guys really want to do. It's hard enough trying to work on the actual arcs and the series but it's getting harder as we go because our teamwork is starting to fade and has been fading ever since...

dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 379
Age : 21

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Um, well we only did the special show to recruit more animators...which failed, but still. It was during a moment of inactivity of the main project. Aki was on hiatus, I think.
And nobody was really split.
We had the same concerns you did, so we agreed not to work on the Special Show if it impeded the production of the main episode in any way.

We just changed the way we were organized so maybe things will go smoother from now on. You still have access to the staff forum so if you have any real suggestions you might want to put them there. Or perhaps rejoin the animation team or help the colorists. But right now we're trying to plan the entire first arc first, which should've been done in the first place.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Ok, well I'm glad you have said that… there has just been so many struggles from the past it's been a toll on EVERYONE and personally I began to lose hope on the forum due to everyone trying separate things and such, but if you say that you guys are trying to focus on the arc then I see where priorities are for now. I will help out with animations, but if you guys are lacking colorists and/or shaders (that's what it seems like?) then I can defiantly be of assistance for now. I just hope this thread sparks more dedication and commitment… (that was the intent, but it did sound harsh sorry…) I can also work on music if you guys need it then...

dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 379
Age : 21

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Supernova on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:17 am

Oh hi there.

I agree that one problem we've had all along is communication between teams. What we really nee,d I have thought for some time, is a universal leader who is about to pester people and find out what is going on in each team and co-ordinate our efforts a bit better.

That said, we are making progress, and that's good.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 828
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:38 am

Universal leader, director, manager... Um we discussed about that position so many times already. XD But it never works haha.

Anyway that's a long text of debate. Personally from what I see the project is slowing down since Aki's on hiatus. Since she's the one who usually goes around telling everyone what to do. I don't blame her at all though. But right now Guest is picking up the animation. Things will get better, you just don't see it dee. D:

As for teamwork, well since everyone has crazy timezones and incredibly busy with life, it's hard to stay up to date with everything. So once the leaders are not really busy, they will ask around for updates from other teams. These communications are done through skype and PMs.. So yea you can't really see them.

So yeah imo we're not losing the spark.
But glad to see you around here Dee. ^^ Rejoin us?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Zephyr on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:10 am

There's a lot of truth in everybody's posts... I'm glad you made this thread, Dee.

Communication and drive are at an all time low, I agree. But as stated before, there are reasons. I know I've neglected my duties as a staff member, but things have been hectic lately. I started working full-time a few months ago, lost my car in a wreck, moved out of my mom's (at eighteen), and have been trying to balance all the little things while trying to stay sane. It would be quite irrational for me to actively pursue PokeSpeAni at this time.

That being said, I truly love all of the experiences I've had with the group. Though I might not have been too active on the forum, I feel connected with this community :] And the story behind us is kinda magical, don't you think? Total strangers, only connected through their love of Pokemon, came together to breathe life into a fanime—talk about high aspirations!

I told the admins I would eventually pay for a real domain name, and perhaps a dedicated host. This might not happen any time soon, but I want to be able to support this wonderful congregation of people when I can. And when things get stable, maybe I can continue to help out in the audio department Razz

Zephyr
Team Leader

Music Team Forum Team Audio Team Leader Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 137

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:57 am

Don't worry about the domain name for now, zeph. ^^ just focus on music when you have the time~
And it's ok really~ I know how harsh life can be.. I'm experiencing it now too. As long as you show up once in a while, (just so that we k ow you still remember us XD) it's fine. You did great when you were not as busy, so don't sweat it.

And yea I agree our community is magical. XD I met so many amazing people here~

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by The Black Glove on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 am

Well, maybe my opinion won't hold much weight, being one of the newer team members, but I'll say it anyways.

If anything, our problem isn't splitting apart. Our problem is coming together. We do want to please everyone, but we have to realize that it isn't possible. There was a thread where we debated for almost a whole year over what should be/could be done. If we'd had someone who was making executive decisions step in, the argument would have ended in an instant, and we could have spent less time debating and more time doing.

Like it was mentioned above, the Special Show is something we've agreed will be put on the backburner if it ever hinders the actual episodes. And I think for the first time, people realized that we not only existed, but we're really trying. Not only has this forum not lost the spark, it's stronger than ever.

I never really had the honor of working with you, Dee, which I regret a bit. After all, when it all comes down to it, isn't the leader the founder? I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'd like it if you came back and assumed your role of leadership.

If you want a bit more proof as to how we need a strong leader, consider the Special Show. While it isn't the main project, and it's not as long per episode, we were able to complete it much faster because we didn't sit around debating- executive decisions were made, things got done.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to revise the scripts for episodes 4 and 5, and write a first draft for Spe. Show episode 1.

The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 358
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Mrtweetums on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm not sure what else I can add to this discussion...I do agree with some of your excellent points, dee, but I still think that we can still pull this through.

I do agree that communication and work done are not at their highest point right now, and hopefully, we can recover that with our restructuring, new members, and increase in drive. And I do share some of the same sentiments with episode 1's lack of completion, but I think that through the years, we've accomplished a lot, met new friends, and truly unified together as a team.

But it seems like most of your complaints are towards the structure of teams. It's probably just my viewpoint (I don't really have a clue on what's going on with the other teams ^^;; ), but I think that the way we're structured right now is not currently detrimental to our progress.

Although I do feel that communication is a problem, but the fact that this is just a side project (everyone is getting to be quite busy), may come into play as a significant factor. However, I do think we should have an increase in meetings in the future (to follow with the increase in progress as well Razz )

I think the fact that everybody around the world, came together as a community, united in their desire to achieve this goal of making this fanime a reality within itself, was already quite an achievement! But of course, I hope we can get a lot more done too, as well!

And it was great to see ya again, dee! You should rejoin us! ^^

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator
Gender : Male
Posts : 1356
Age : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Kazaazz on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm honestly not sure what else I can contribute to this discussion, but I think regardless I'll give my own opinion, despite not particularly having a right to with my lack of activity.

Yes, it's been tough for all of us, trying to get our act together and attempt to work on this hobby of ours in our free time. But I still think that this dream of ours can be made a reality, and in my opinion it doesn't particularly matter how long it takes so long as in the long run we don't give up and leave it half-finished. Otherwise then it would be a waste of time. That's part of the reason why I'm still here, lurking the site and seeing how everything's going every so often. Along with the many other reasons such as you guys are an amazing bunch, the fact that this project exists is ground-breaking, and we're all still here after so long.

Heck even today, send me a PM or skype message (I'm usually invisible nowadays) about an issue and I'll come running, ready to help with immediate problems that I can help solve. I was truly surprised when you got me into the Christmas chat after all...I still feel fuzzy. So for anyone who wants to communicate with me at the very least, is very welcome to. Just don't expect me posting on the forum like a mad-woman again just yet ^^;;

So I think myself as an example of "not losing the spark" dee. I may be resigned from the animation team, but that was due to feeling unconfident about my storyboards and not wanting to keep everyone waiting on them in order to progress.

I mean, I'm still a pokespe fan, buying the manga volume after volume. I think that so long as we remain fans of the franchise, there's no way we can lose the spark or even have the will to leave the site. (certainly true in my case!)

So in a parting word, I recommend you all look at my signature again. It was made for moments like this.

Kazaazz
Moderator

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic
Gender : Female
Posts : 934
Age : 23

View user profile http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by whatthechuck3 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 am

Completely agreed. The fact that this project is still actively being worked on is astounding. We are groups of people seperated by miles and miles of roads and oceans, and yet we have been able to come together to accomplish what little we have. But that little turns into a lot when you realize the difficulties and issues that are present from the get go. Communication problems are a must have...they are impossible to eliminate in this scenario. But as Dirks and others have said, we all have other commitments as well...that realistically have to come first. Real lives and miles between? We have done a great job with those factors! Plus that's not counting what's been done in an individuals time that hasn't been posted either, at the end of the day a forum can only scratch the surface of progress. Razz

Yes there's more work to be done, and Im not going to argue and say that our main focus on this show shouldnt be the first episode, I'm in total agreement that it should. But sometimes side projects and games are just what someone needs to increase moral. I'm not gonna say much more that hasn't already been said, but I'm glad that you brought this up Dee. (And good to see you around again, man). But I think if this thread is anything, its a moral boost....just look at the dedication and intensity placed in each post in this thread. There's not a post less than a paragraph, lol. That wouldn't be the case if we did not care....so go team! Razz

_________________
"But I don't want to go among mad people!"

"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. Hahaha.....You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself...."


It\\\'d make me very happy if you read the rules.[strike]

whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest
Gender : Male
Posts : 585
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by dabeatmaster123 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:59 am

whatthechuck3 wrote:Completely agreed. The fact that this project is still actively being worked on is astounding. We are groups of people seperated by miles and miles of roads and oceans, and yet we have been able to come together to accomplish what little we have. But that little turns into a lot when you realize the difficulties and issues that are present from the get go. Communication problems are a must have...they are impossible to eliminate in this scenario. But as Dirks and others have said, we all have other commitments as well...that realistically have to come first. Real lives and miles between? We have done a great job with those factors! Plus that's not counting what's been done in an individuals time that hasn't been posted either, at the end of the day a forum can only scratch the surface of progress. Razz

Yes there's more work to be done, and Im not going to argue and say that our main focus on this show shouldnt be the first episode, I'm in total agreement that it should. But sometimes side projects and games are just what someone needs to increase moral. I'm not gonna say much more that hasn't already been said, but I'm glad that you brought this up Dee. (And good to see you around again, man). But I think if this thread is anything, its a moral boost....just look at the dedication and intensity placed in each post in this thread. There's not a post less than a paragraph, lol. That wouldn't be the case if we did not care....so go team! Razz

That's exactly why I made this thread in all honesty, it's to motivate you guys and to remind you why these forums exist and what the main task at hand is. It wasn't made to be a "give up" sign, it was to remind the forums that there is a job that needs to be done, and teams not coming together and not working together and doing things separately and starting new projects… how will you even finish the RBG saga if the teamwork is gone? That's all I am trying to say here…. I believe that with the right focus and the right motivation then this thing can go places that are unimaginable and unreal, however, there are things that slow down the process of teamwork, individualism, disorganization, self-centerdness, arrogance, the belief that people are below you… and most importantly separation/division. Those things have been slowly growing over the last couple of years and I believe that if it continues, there won't be a Pokemon Special Anime.


dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 379
Age : 21

View user profile http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by anitasonia1998 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Hey. I'm definitely one of the newer members, but please listen to me for one second.

Personally, I think we're doing a good job; we just probably will have to pick up the pace......I know that the animators are having a hard time getting everything to flow in a time span that is a little tight, and that the music team and the illustration team and everyone else who is doing work that contributes to this project may not always be there to help, and I also do realize that leadership is a bit of a more sensitive issue, but we can do it! I also know that people may not get way too much time to work to get at least the first episode out, as they're probably doing this in their spare time.

I would absolutely work on this if I had all the time in the world, but....I don't, sadly.

I can understand when it's said that this single project is often breaking up into other little projects. At this rate, we won't have a Pokemon Special Anime.

Maybe this is just another repeat of what others have said. But there's a need to restate a point.

We can't give up, after coming this far. Perhaps, maybe the staff and a couple of people who are somehow contributing to the project can have a Skype meeting and talk about this. It may be more effective. This is a suggestion though, and it's okay if you don't want to try this.

And I agree with dabeatmaster123 that if we have the right focus and the right motivation, then this whole project can be a smashing success. But the thing is that people get super excited once they see this, but then later, they forget all about it. The things that have still kept me interested and willing to contribute is the manga, and all the people that have been here since the very beginning.

Another suggestion is that perhaps over the holidays or break or vacation, we should work on this using the talents that we have. But of course, when we have time, and when other commitments don't come in the way. It'd be really nice to see the results of two years really soon.

anitasonia1998


Gender : Female
Posts : 34
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Red_the_knight on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 am

As to I. No teamwork = no Pokemon Special Anime. Screw going solo, time to do what we have to do. Finish the project as a team.

Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team
Gender : Male
Posts : 540
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:40 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum