What gives?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What gives?

Post by Red_the_knight on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Okay, this is not helping.

#1: Starting all over will not help because we'll be back to square one again and keep doing this over and over and over. Look how are have we gotten, and you guys are ganna start all over? Sheesh! I worked a little while since I auditioned to help finish the process, but nothing's happen. There's no back up leader to assign anyone, and progress is slow.

#2: And are you kidding me? Animation Team doing line art while the Illustration Team color? Heck no! That's not how I approve because Animation Team handles the motion pictures and bring characters to life, not draw. If you want to do the line art, then you can help. Don't sit there that something's ganna happen.

#3: I'm sorry if our teamwork isn't work, Dee, but we're trying. Instead, no teamwork is happening because (sorry for being rude) our leader hasn't been showing up lately because of damn work and school. I was expecting to finish up, but nothing's happening.

And look what is happening now. Starting all over? Give me a break. We can still finish up, but no. Start all over, and we'll be back to square one. If you don't like this, then I'm going to leave the team, and quit the project for good. This is getting everyone nowhere. Emphasis on "nowhere". Evil or Very Mad

Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What gives?

Post by anitasonia1998 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm

I totally agree.

I really would like to see this project get somewhere, and I'm going to help, once I finish my audition of Red.

Honestly, this is a fanime. We aren't gonna do this for money or high ratings; we're gonna do it because WE ALL LOVE POKESPE!

We can't start over! Not after we came this far! When I saw the animated draft for episode 1 a little while back, I thought that it was so amazing! And I was extremely surprised to have seen it done about two years back. What happened over those two years?

I know that we're doing this in whatever spare time we can get a hold of, but seriously. Let's not start over.

We need Dee back and even if it's only for a little while, I'm sure we can pull this off! The thing is that people have to have the inspiration. The fire. The spirit, and you know what I mean.

Another issue has been brought up.

The Animation team doing line art? I never really knew about this issue until it was brought to my attention.

I agree with Red_the_knight on this point too. If the Animation Team does line art, what's the whole purpose of the Illustration Team? The Animation team's role is to get everything moving and getting everything to come to life. The Illustration team is quite important, and people are good at doing line art, and they're not in the animation team. Not everyone in the Illustration Team is good with coloring, and not everyone in the Animation Team is good with line art. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses, so what gives?

We can't start over.

Not after coming this far.

anitasonia1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:25 pm

1. We are not starting over! Trust me, I know how much it would suck to have to start all over after we've worked so hard, and I think I've convinced the members of the team about this. We may be revamping the way we do episodes, but that will only happen after we get the first episode out. All that goes to say, WE ARE NOT STARTING OVER!

2. I'm not sure if I'm the best one to answer this because I've mostly kept my hands out of the animation and illustration teams, but I trust aki, ezu, joy, guest, and the rest of the heads and vices to get the job done. Some of them, such as aki and ezu are in school to learn how actual animated productions are done, and aki and guest are very passionate about what they do. All that goes to say that they know what they are doing, so please trust them. They didn't set up this structure on a whim. If you have questions please ask them. If the system turns out not to work properly, then it might be one of the things that changes in the revamp, but for now, please trust them!

3. As I have said in another thread, work is happening, but it is not happening on the forum. The problem with using the forum to actually work on the project is that it is a very inefficient way to share files, not to mention it might mean letting our project drift out onto the Internet for someone to steal as their own. We have a dropbox account where a lot of the work is posted and shared, so work is going on behind the scenes. Just be patient! I can personally assure you that we are getting things done!

"What can I do while I wait?" You might ask. Well, you can work on your skills, refine your art, or voice acting, or writing, or whatever. Post on deviantart or Youtube or Voice Acting alliance to get feedback. Snag your head or vice head to have them comment on your work. How can you improve the process of this project? Improve your own skills!

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Never mind this message. The deal is set. I would agree what Anita said, but it seems you guys need to learn to quick making this confusing. We need to work together, not leave the project stuck that a wasteland.

So for now, my apologizes for complaining, but I will leave if this happens again. No more confusing, and leaving us stranded, understand?

Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Wait, what!? Illustration team can't line art? But that's all I've ever done for this project... I don't see that mentioned anywhere either, and sorry for being so inactive. The last assignment just overwhelmed me with layers and I really cant be overwhelmed ><.

As the dawn breaks through the night
I move on forever longing for the home
I found in your eyes

Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anitasonia1998 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Okay. Agreed, dirksies. But.....there are people on the Illustration team who are best at line art. Perhaps they usually don't do color...

But anyway, thank you!

anitasonia1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Okay, I'm cool with what Dirksies, and again, my apologizes.

And I can't seem to delete this!

Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:51 pm

*le sigh* I didn't mean to sound angry, it just this seems to be all happening at once and it seems to be rather counter-productive to everything...

It seems a lot of the confusion is coming from the Illustration and Animation teams, which I frankly don't know that much about, but I trust the heads and the vices of those teams. If you have a question about how the system works, it might be a better method to just ask the question rather than bash it....just a thought.

I think we need a mod or admin to lock the thread.

Nothing's like before!

Question:What is man's relationship to nature? What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?

dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes! Please do, and let's get started already! My arms are started to ramble, and I will help others who are stuck with coloring.

Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:03 pm

It's all explained in the staff section....

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

So, people want to lock this thread?

'kay, locked! If someone has any problems, please PM for clarification! ^^

Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down