Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, Earthlings.

+5
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Hotrod198
VGmaster
Joyfulldreams
SpectrumFizz
9 posters

Go down

Greetings, Earthlings. Empty Greetings, Earthlings.

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:20 am

Hello all, I'm Laurie, also referred to as Rain, RMT or Lau. Fourteen, British, currently cruising through her first year of GCSEs with a myraid of Bs and As, loves to draw and take photographs. Please don't be put off if I don't talk much, as I'm quite shy. I love lady grey, assam and ceylon tea, as well as rainbows and daydreaming when I should be paying attention to something else. Also tends to switch between the first and third person without a moments notice when describing herself.

I love music. Anything that has a good rhythm to it, nice vocals or a beat that I can immerse myself in, I'll probably listen to. But my favourite artists are probably Linkin Park, Enya, Panic! At The Disco, Utada Hikaru, Trifonic, and... many, many others. Hurr. Oh, I also have a long-term account on deviantART, which you can find over here --> http://rainbow-mist-topaz.deviantart.com/

I'm not that much of a girly girl, but I love to read, watch some good old Disney movies or play some SoulSilver or Diamond (I'm not really into oldschool, ahaha) to while away the time, as well as drawing, which when I get around to it takes up around half of my time on the laptop, since I am a perfectionist and even sketches must be cleaned. If I went into the Creative & Media industry, I'd probably want to be a photographer of some sort or perhaps a concept artist. What can I say? Art's my life, music's my soul and everything else is my mind and personality. Kind of explains why I'm a little off the wall and why I love to do what I do every day, which is visiting dA and talking to my equally-as-crazy friends.

Hello, I'm Laurie, also so referred to as Rain, RMT or Lau. Nice to meet you all and I'll see you soon~ Wink
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Greetings, Earthlings. Bg10

http://rainbow-mist-topaz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Earthlings. Empty Re: Greetings, Earthlings.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 am

Hi Laurie and welcome to the forums and i'm from England as well. Love your music taste - Linkin Park rules Smile Hope you have fun and make sure to read the rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:59 am

Wow! 0o Your photography is amazing, and you art is great too. It looks like you have a firm grasp of basic proportions, but have trouble with heads, expressions, dynamic poses, and wrinkles (I went through that stage too) You actually are almost a little better than me at hands. XDDD

But seriously though, your photography is amazing, I love it! Havn't had a chance to read any of your stories or poems yet, but I'm sure they're great. I just know you'll be an amazing contribution to the team! X3

By the way, I'm Joy, head of Illustration. Make sure you read the rules and audition for whatever you'd like to help out with.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Greetings, Earthlings. Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 am

stellar_rose wrote:Hi Laurie and welcome to the forums and i'm from England as well. Love your music taste - Linkin Park rules Smile Hope you have fun and make sure to read the rules.
Thanks for the warm welcome and hello from County Durham! I do really like Linkin Park's music, though I probably prefer their older albums, namely Meteora and Hybrid Theory. I'll try my best to enjoy my time around the forums, and I'll get around to reading the rules... *procrastinates*

I kid, I kid, I'm reading them at this very moment. tongue
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:08 am

Yo what's up.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:18 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:Wow! 0o Your photography is amazing, and you art is great too. It looks like you have a firm grasp of basic proportions, but have trouble with heads, expressions, dynamic poses, and wrinkles (I went through that stage too) You actually are almost a little better than me at hands. XDDD
Aw shucks, I feel flattered :'D Anatomy is definately one of my stronger points as I've had a lot of practice with it. I am aware that my perspective, expressions and clothing wrinkles are almost non-existant; I will practice with all of these at some point. After all, I'm still young; plenty of time to improve! As for the hands, I tend to use my own reference photos for those, taken with my webcam whenever I'm unsure about positioning.

Joyfulldreams wrote:But seriously though, your photography is amazing, I love it! Havn't had a chance to read any of your stories or poems yet, but I'm sure they're great. I just know you'll be an amazing contribution to the team! X3
Ahhhh, thank you again~ I haven't had many chances to get out and about with my camera, but I'll put up more photos when I get the chance at a good shot. The poetry and prose I have up at the moment isn't that good at all considering my current standards; a lot of it needs to be updated or stuffed into storage, in my opinion, aha.

Joyfulldreams wrote:By the way, I'm Joy, head of Illustration. Make sure you read the rules and audition for whatever you'd like to help out with.
Well, it's very nice to meet you! I've actually just finished reading up on the rules (the 'no rickrolling' part of it put me down a little, but I got over it). As for auditioning, I have no idea what I'd be able to help out with, if anything. My talents are general but they're not very developed, and my photography probably won't be much help, ahahaha orz. Would you suggest anything?
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:20 am

VGmaster wrote:Yo what's up.
Nowt much, brudda. Word up to your motha. *shot* Oh god WHY DO I SAY SUCH SILLY THINGS OTL.
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:50 am

Hey welcome to the forums. Dont do anything wrong or we kill you... Im joking! Just make sure you read the rules and if you want to audition for something go for it! Everyone has potential!
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:56 am

Hotrod198 wrote:Hey welcome to the forums. Dont do anything wrong or we kill you... Im joking! Just make sure you read the rules and if you want to audition for something go for it! Everyone has potential!
OH GOD PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS AND I'M THE ONLY ONE IN THE HOUSE WITH A JOB AND I HAVE TO SUPPORT THEM okay not really, ahahaha. I've read through the rules, but I have no idea what I'd want to audition for, if anything... I feel a little inferior, to be honest, and I still need a lot of practice in most areas of what I can do D: Unless you have any suggestions, I think I'll just sit tight or float around the threads a little. Like the small, quiet, creepy and stalkerish ghost girl I am inside :P
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:02 am

Your photography can SO be useful! The animators and illustrators need a lot of reference material! Since you're so good at taking pictures, it should be easy for you to take shots of things from certain angles, which is what we'd need. Making videos of yourself doing

Anyways, you should audition for illustration. I bet, at the least, you could help with base coloring and lining. ;3 (Do you have Paint Tool SAI? It's a great program.)
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:05 am

Well you can always try out for voice acting... or illustrating...or animating...or scripting...or music composition. But dont be a ghost girl. Comment in threads even if it is only the social communications thread. We will still know you exist on this Earth and u havent moved into the light.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:10 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:Your photography can SO be useful! The animators and illustrators need a lot of reference material! Since you're so good at taking pictures, it should be easy for you to take shots of things from certain angles, which is what we'd need. Making videos of yourself doing
Hmmm... I think you need a category for Reference material or Stock photography; I'd definately be able to help out with requests for photographs of items at certain angles. And making videos of myself doing what?

Joyfulldreams wrote:Anyways, you should audition for illustration. I bet, at the least, you could help with base coloring and lining. ;3 (Do you have Paint Tool SAI? It's a great program.)
I do have SAI (obtained free online and I feel damned lucky to have it), it's actually my current main programme for drawing, though I do also have Photoshop Elements 6 and openCanvas. I'm not so sure about the lining part, but base colouring would be fairly easy as long as I have clean lines to work with with little noise (PNG is my best friend, not too fond of JPEG for the noise).
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 am

XD Woops, I meant 'doing certain actions'. I'm kinda half asleep right now. >.>;

And we'll be sending around SAI and PSD files. Also, you do know that SAI can line with vectors, right? Right next to the 'new layer' icon is a 'new lineart layer' button. That will open up a whole ton of other options like the curve, pen, weight, color, and pressure tools. The curve tool is what we primarily use for lining, and it makes it so that it's easy to change if there needs to be changes made. ;3 And coloring would be done by make a new layer underneath in whatever program you have, using the magic wand to select the area, and using pre-determined colors to fill in the area. That way, things go by muuuch faster.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:35 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:XD Woops, I meant 'doing certain actions'. I'm kinda half asleep right now. >.>;
Ahaha, it's fine. I suppose I could do that; my equipment isn't that sophisticated, especially for filming, but it suffices for references. I'm much better equipped for higher-quality photographic references, since I have a DSLR, but I'd be quite happy to offer action references as well.

Joyfulldreams wrote:And we'll be sending around SAI and PSD files. Also, you do know that SAI can line with vectors, right? Right next to the 'new layer' icon is a 'new lineart layer' button. That will open up a whole ton of other options like the curve, pen, weight, color, and pressure tools. The curve tool is what we primarily use for lining, and it makes it so that it's easy to change if there needs to be changes made. ;3 And coloring would be done by make a new layer underneath in whatever program you have, using the magic wand to select the area, and using pre-determined colors to fill in the area. That way, things go by muuuch faster.
I actually didn't know! Goodness, and I've been using the pen tool all this time for linearting... yeesh. But I could have a look-through and see what I can do! I would like to be useful around here, rather than just taking up forum space, aha.
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 am

Hi SpectrumFizz
I'm Sai

I seen your art on DA a few time.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Greetings, Earthlings. Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:56 am

SaiTurtlesninjaNX wrote:Hi SpectrumFizz
I'm Sai

I seen your art on DA a few time.
Nice to meet you, you can just call me Laurie if you want P:
And you have? Hm. I never realised that I got around so much, ahaha.
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 am

Welcome to the forums. I am whatthechuck3, one of the vice heads of the VA department. I hope Laurie will suffice, we kinda already have a Rain, lol.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Greetings, Earthlings. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:24 am

Oh wow you have so many llamas *jealous* I only have 20-something llamas *sob* *gives you a llama anyway*

SpectrumFizz wrote:Hello, I'm Laurie, also so referred to as Rain, RMT or Lau. Nice to meet you all and I'll see you soon~ Wink

I'm Rain tooooooo! Very Happy Actually, RainbowMunchies, but people call me Rain sometimes (usually when they're yelling at me :'C ). I'm a mod and I also write the VA script. Joy's right, your photography is great! *is a sucker for photos*

Lookit me, lumbering about and not introducing people when there are so many other things to procrastinate on... *dashes away*

bye <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:26 am

Hi laurie, I'm aki, head of animationC: You have great skills and hope you could audition for animation or illustration some time>W<
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Greetings, Earthlings. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:52 am

whatthechuck3 wrote:Welcome to the forums. I am whatthechuck3, one of the vice heads of the VA department. I hope Laurie will suffice, we kinda already have a Rain, lol.
Laurie's absolutely fine with me :'D

RainbowMunchies wrote:Oh wow you have so many llamas *jealous* I only have 20-something llamas *sob* *gives you a llama anyway*
Ah, thank you! I got most of mine via the llama-trade system. I love my fancy llama.

RainbowMunchies wrote:I'm Rain tooooooo! Very Happy Actually, RainbowMunchies, but people call me Rain sometimes (usually when they're yelling at me :'C ). I'm a mod and I also write the VA script. Joy's right, your photography is great! *is a sucker for photos*

Lookit me, lumbering about and not introducing people when there are so many other things to procrastinate on... *dashes away*
Ahaha, another Rain, oh dear. Thanks for the compliment, I try to take a few good snaps when I can! And oh god the procrastinating, I can relate 8C

Aki11 wrote:Hi laurie, I'm aki, head of animationC: You have great skills and hope you could audition for animation or illustration some time>W<
Nice to meet you! Ohhhh thank youuu I'mgettingsomanycomplimentstodayOTL. I'm currently working on the audition file for base colouring, actually; still not sure if I'll turn it in or not!
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 pm

ooooh hello there : DDDD
I'm Ezu, an admin here. Break the rules and I'll punish. >w>
Nice to meet ya~ ;D

And we really appreciate any new audition~ ;w; clean up artist (or sketch artist) lineart, base colour.. anything~ ;o;

and oh, drop your MSN / Skype contacts too so it's easier for us to stay in contact. ^^

Welcome and hope to see you around. : D

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumFizz Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:20 pm

irisfate19 wrote:ooooh hello there : DDDD
I'm Ezu, an admin here. Break the rules and I'll punish. >w>
Nice to meet ya~ ;D

And we really appreciate any new audition~ ;w; clean up artist (or sketch artist) lineart, base colour.. anything~ ;o;

and oh, drop your MSN / Skype contacts too so it's easier for us to stay in contact. ^^

Welcome and hope to see you around. : D
Aha, I'll make sure to stay on the right side of you then owo;; Nice to meet you too.
I might consider auditioning for base colouring, but if not that I may go for cleanup.
Also dropped 'em both, MSN and Skype. You'll be seeing me around, for sure! C:
SpectrumFizz
SpectrumFizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Damn. I'm late >_> Now I end up being repeptitive =/
Hey there, I'm supernova. Double Rain, ohnoes and all that.
Oh and read the rules and follow them and post your MSN/skype contacts so it's easier to keep in touch [s](I don;t care if you already have xD)[/s].
And yays, another Brit.
Looking forward to your auditions and all that. I meant to look at your DA account but ... okay, I didn;t mean to at all.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Greetings, Earthlings. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Welcome to the forums! Nothing wrong with liking a good Disney movie. I'm dirksies, a vice VA head. I can't wait to see what you'll do with the project. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Greetings, Earthlings. Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum