Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED

+2
dirksies
カイリ
6 posters

Go down

Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Empty Subtitles For Non-English Speakers

Post by カイリ Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:30 pm

I know this is kinda ahead of everything but do you
agree with the idea of adding subtitles in different languages
so other people who don't know very much English can enjoy it too?

I know a guy who would jump at the chance to translate it into Burmese
and I can try to translate it into Japanese and French.

It's just an idea. I completely understand if you all think it's too much.

~Kaili
カイリ
カイリ

Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

http://Cuiao.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Empty Re: Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED

Post by dirksies Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:35 pm

We had a thread about this somewhere (where it is, at the moment, I have no idea) and we decided that we were going to focus on the English version. if people were willing to translate it into various languages, then they could, but it would not be actively pursued at the moment.

edit: found the thread
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Empty Re: Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:22 pm

yeah..and to answer your question, if we post it on youtube, we have that CC feature that can do subtitle right? if there's a volunteer then we can just put subs like that. >w> people can pick what subtitle they want to watch. (or is it not possible?)

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm not exactly sure how the CC system on Youtube works...I'll look into it
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:21 pm

You could add annotations ,but then you'd have to upload the video multiple times...
dawsoc
dawsoc

Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:43 pm

@dirksies
The copyright system on YouTube sucks it's full of problems and false copyright clams is just as must as a problem.

Last edited by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:13 pm

CC stands for closed caption...
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Sorry my bad
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:32 pm

it's okay, sai =]

And for the record, the captioning/subtitling program for Youtube seems to be automatic, it just has to be selected by the person who posted the video to make sure it is an option. I don't know how reliable it is because it seems to be an "experimental speech recognition technology" that actually writes the captions. Additionally we would have to decide what languages we want the subtitles to be in, but yeah, it could work.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:14 am

But didn't joy say we weren't going to post it on YouTube? We would be using
Some other site?

Well somehow it'll make it's way to YouTube nonetheless.
I've seen a lotta accounts that post other peoples work without seeking permission.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 am

i guess we'll be distributing it in more than one way; private server+ own website, youtube, i remember her mentioning veoh and some other site too.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Subtitles For Non-English Speakers - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 am

Well... uh... okay. (using my new mod powers for the first time >>; )

Dirksies provided a link to a thread that is already dealing with this issue, and between that and the fact that this has pretty much been resolved, I'm going to lock this thread.

Any other ideas about captions for the anime should be posted on the original thread dedicated to the topic: here. (Thank you dirksies for the link).

LOCKED. pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down