Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Acting lurkers...

5 posters

Go down

Voice Acting lurkers... Empty Voice Acting lurkers...

Post by dabeatmaster123 Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:27 am

I know about the issue of the VA people trying out then leaving the forum forever, which is a problem... but I was thinking that we should make another title for people who recently joined the forum called a "Spectator". These so called "Spectators" cannot post in the staff discussion, but it would probably be okay if they could see what the team is doing to keep up with things. And in order for them to be a staff member they must get a number of posts and get approval from authority, but that's just what I think... simple as that...
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Voice Acting lurkers... Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Voice Acting lurkers... Empty Re: Voice Acting lurkers...

Post by dirksies Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Well, unless you're on a team, you can't see the staff discussion section on the forum....so, problem solved?

Unless I'm not sure what you mean by "staff discussion". Do you mean people auditioning for the VA team ( 'cause that's not staff discussion, that's auditions *shot*)? If so, I'm not sure I agree with you. We might end up getting a lot of people who post spammy stuff just to make sure they get to the right post count so they can post their audition. In my opinion, if someone worked really hard and put a lot of effort into their auditions, it will show and it will also show their dedication to the project.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Voice Acting lurkers... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Dirskies, I think he means allowing people to view the staff forums rather than posting, so they can see the updates in the project.

I don't know what you mean by having a required post count to be on the staff...but however I take it, I think people who audition and work hard should be on the staff.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Voice Acting lurkers... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:19 am

lol, I think that'd be majorly hard to program XD...but I understand what you're saying....Honestly, though, the bulk of the dissapearing VA auditionees don't really "lurk," per se, as much as they just...well dissapear. So, frankly I don't know how letting them view the staff forums would keep them from lurking :\ And isn't that what the Supporter position is for? IDK.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Voice Acting lurkers... Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmagebard Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Well, as a newer member of the site, this seems a tad... off. I mean, I occasionally look at another person's audition so that the Pokeball will turn Grey, but lurking isn't really my style :S

As for leaving after auditioning... I'm just kinda waiting for another critique so I know what to do next, as opposed to posting another fifteen auditions for people to have to listen to and critique. Plus I can't really look at the Staff Discussion anyway, sooooo... Would that just mean that everyone can look in Staff Discussion but can't post there until they have 100 posts or something?
Blackmagebard
Blackmagebard
Staff

Voice Team Voice Acting lurkers... Bg10

http://americannerd.thecomicseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:55 pm

It is possible to do the number of posts thing, but I won't agree with it. Only staff members can view and use the staff forum and that's that. No exception.
Anything else? If not I'll lock this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down