Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sub-board organisation~!

4 posters

Go down

Sub-board organisation~! Empty Sub-board organisation~!

Post by Kazaazz Sun May 08, 2011 5:27 am

I return to make queries into organization~! Sub-boards essentially. I’ll just it in relations to the VA audition board right now.
Right we know that to find it we go to Audition > VA Auditions > Each audition topic. Although you can skip straight to VA Auditions.
What I’m suggesting is separate sub-boards, like the ones we currently in the Staff Forums where you go Staff Forums > Animation/illustration etc > desired topic. And the sub-boards I’m suggesting are two ones.

Accepted VA auditions and Pending Auditions.

Accepted VA auditions I simply want because it’s difficult finding a VA audition in the current Accepted Auditions thread, and I generally think it’s a tad cluttered. It wouldn’t be a bad idea having a sub-board for the accepted auditions within each audition board, because then just everything would be easier to find (for me). Say it's easier if everything is in one place if you want, but who goes to the accepted auditions to find things from everyone anyway? Keeping them seperate I think will be a much easier way to keep them organized by the respective heads and vice-heads.

Pending Auditions are for those topics which haven’t been updated by the auditionee within a month, and are moved here to get them out of the way of the topics which ARE updated, which’ll be within the board as normal. (think general staff forum page). I generally want this because the VA auditions is simply TOO CLUTTERED. And coming back wanting to critique is just difficult when I can’t find which need critiquing and which don’t without going through EVERY. SINGLE. TOPIC. Of course, a PM can be sent to the auditionee to remind them to update their audition so we can further critique on them before the time period is done, therefore checking that they’re still on the site and all.
Therefore, I hope this can be put into place, not just for the VA auditions, but also for each audition board. We could even do the same for the suggestions board! Then we really could keep track of what we’ve decided upon and what we haven’t!

Also, apart from sub-boards, I’m also calling in an issue of posts on announcements/guidelines/rules that are unnecessary, as in, stuff which isn’t the actual content which people click on the thread for. Sure, people can suggest changes by posting, but then after the moderation is done, can’t we delete the post which suggested it? It’ll essentially be the same thing twice after all, and therefore a waste of time to read.

Sorry for being so boringly official after JUST coming back but generally...yeah. Pretty please? ^^

Last edited by Kazaazz on Sun May 08, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Sub-board organisation~! Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Sub-board organisation~! Empty Re: Sub-board organisation~!

Post by Nol Sun May 08, 2011 9:16 am

I think the main reason it's getting so cluttered is that so many people are auditioning for so many characters that we won't need voices for for a long time. Not just the characters from later arcs (Silver, Ruby, etc.), or even characters that will show up later in the story (Blaine, Yellow), but even characters from a few episodes in like Bill or Koga don't need established voices yet at the rate production is going.

Right now, it's not really fair to make all the auditioning people to wait so long before being able to accept them, and if we just accepted people right now, they still have to wait, and it wouldn't be fair to the people that come to the forums later, even more so if they have the potential to voice that character even better.

It might be a little late to suggest this, but personally, I think the VA auditions should just be closed until we actually start production on the episodes that introduce new characters. Like, lock out the 'VA Auditions' sub-forum, then when we're ready to start making an episode that needs new voices, such as the one that introduces Brock, we'll re-open the sub-forum. Although, rather than have each auditioning person make a new topic for themselves, we would have separate topics dedicated to each character (so one topic will have auditions solely for Brock, another for a random trainer, another for Onix, etc.). This would cut out the waiting period, and keep it more organized since we won't need to keep track of a thousand topics from different users that audition for one character.

I just think that right now, there's no real point to having all these auditions for all these characters that won't be making appearances any time soon.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Sub-board organisation~! Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun May 08, 2011 9:21 am

Generally that sounds like a great idea Nol! I approve. But the fact remains that we HAVEN'T got all the voices we need for episode 1 yet, so we can simply change things around a bit in the guidelines, still critiquing the people that need critiquing right now.

However the system we have right now sort of says that we accept potentially good VAs, then get them to audition for real in the staff forums. What you're suggesting is basically skipping the first step and accepting them as a character if their audition is good enough. But we'd have to work within some sort of deadline if we're going to be auditioning according to episodes. Also leaves me to wonder where us VA critics will be in that situation...because then the acception process is really a yes or no. Of course we can still coach, but then we could always work within a sort of three strikes and you're out system, where critics can post, and the auditionee has a maximum of two re-attempts at their auditions before we say no. Generally, being stricter and enforcing some sense of professionalism can work.

Still, organisation in general seems good right now. I'm a mod but I can only do so much...However BECAUSE I'm a mod you can leave all the moving, locking and stuff like that to me!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 am

I'm a little sleepy right now so I'll leave the comment about the sub-board later, kaz. >A>

About Nol's suggestion, right now we have the 'critique, accept potential VAs, then audition for real in staff forum', like Kaz said. I think it's better that way, since we can find as many potential VAs as possible, without character deadlines. And we can give critiques directly to the auditionee too. If we make a topic for each character, critiques will only clutter the topics. And also people who audition can't really decide what characters are best for them too lol. >w>

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am

Well instead of a character per thread business it can still be auditionee per thread Ezu. And as for deciding the characters, well, that's where demo reels come into play, although yeah, they'll need to audition for at least one person in addition to that. I'm generally good for that, because then of course we can critique. Any comments on my strike system or sub-boards from a third party please~?

But I eagerly await your comment Ezu *puppy eyes*
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am

I'm all for the decluttering of the auditions thread...I'm vice head, and I'm even scared to wade through half of them because (as Nol said) most of them are for characters we wont need for episodes to come...so I'm all for suggestions in that area...I just dont really understand your solution Kaz (chalk that up to me being easily confused,lol). I dont understand how adding an accepted thread into the auditions thread would make that much difference...because isnt that what the accepted thread is for already? Unfortunately, because of the situation we're in with episode 1 (where we dont have half of the cast), its kind of hard to go ahead and switch the audition process, as currently the bulk of episode 1 left to fill is minor roles, which we already decided to select from their respective auditions/demo reels. Closing the thread wouldn't do much good, as the main roles for the episode are already filled, and recorded, and would only impede the search for minor roles. Although I'm not opposed to opeining auditions only for the main roles needed in each episode when the time comes (such as only allowing auditions for episoed 2 characters when we start episode 2), while still allowing demo reels to fill out the minor characters. That's just an idea though. However there are several auditions in the thread that are undisbutably dead...so perhaps a pending thread would not be a bad idea. That way if someone does end up returing for a later character, there auditions would not be deleted....just swept under the carpet...as it were.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Sub-board organisation~! Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sat May 14, 2011 1:46 am

Whoa, okay chuck. Good argument there. I shall ditch the accepted auditions sub-board (for now), but I think have a pending auditions thread will really help. PRETTY PLEASE EZU?! I'll do all the moving around of the auditions!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 9:50 am

Alright, here's my comment >w<
About the sub-boards, I agree with the pending auditions suggestion. But only for VA auditions I guess? Since other auditions can get accepted pretty simple and fast.

I'll create the sub-board, but I'll leave the decision on how to use it to the VA team. C: Have a meeting or something. (Like when and why should an audition move to pending and such)

Oh yeah, make sure you add it in the guidelines! (and you can tell me if you want to add it in FAQ too. but give me the Q&A please >w<)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun May 15, 2011 2:04 am

*salutes* It's just Chuck and me at the moment, but you got it!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun May 15, 2011 2:08 pm

I'm kinda late to the discussion...

Well, I don't really understand your first idea, but I really like your pending auditions idea! In fact, I like what you've already done! You're so responsible! (...unlike me ^^;; ) And you've already found everyone and moved them to pending! And you made that organization thread for new VAs!

So, is the consensus that we will now only accept auditions from Episode 1 characters, and if anyone wants to audition for other characters, they have to PM you to make a demo reel?

And I've noticed in your "needed characters" thread, a large majority of voices left are pokemon. Should we put more of a priority on them? ('cause I haven't seen any new pokemon auditions in a while)
Also, I noticed that other than Poli and Saur, most of the remaining pokemon only appear once, with one line. Should we still accept auditions for them individually?

But anyways, I'm really impressed, kaz! You're still so busy, but really helped organize our cluttered VA auditions thread! You're such a great mod, kaz, and we're lucky to have you! (now I need to start doing some work! ^^)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Sub-board organisation~! Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun May 15, 2011 3:06 pm

...*lost for words*
...*clears throat* W-Well after my hiatus I had to do some sort of redemption...

ANYWAY.

If the VA is good enough, I'll still accept them even if they haven't done episode 1 characters yet. Of course, that only applies to the patient people waiting on me to critique them. It won't apply to brand-new auditionees as of whenever I created that announcement thread.
Those in pending may do redos of characters they've done if they wish, but obviously I'd prefer critiquing what we need. XD

BUT NO ONE COMMENTED ON MY STRIKE SYSTEEEEEEM.

Oh, and Ezu, I'm not sure what kind of FAQ you're thinking to be honest. @_@ However I edited the guidelines! =D

But tweetums if you want to help, please start giving some feedback to our waiting auditionees! There's TWO answered auditions in there!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun May 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh yes! Strike system! (...totally missed that) Well, while I agree that it could keep an air of professionalism within our auditions, I kinda feel that it doesn't lead too much room for VA improvement. I understand that we do need to be stricter when re-enforcing our audition policy, but I do kinda feel its too harsh.

Unless...your point is auditioning for a character. (re-reading your post again) If you mean, by giving them 3 strikes to audition for a certain character, and then saying no, but still giving them to opportunity to audition for other roles...then I believe that its absolutely fine! But if you mean by banning them from re-auditioning for any role in general...that might be too harsh. (just kinda confused about the system)

...and I think ezu is referring to the FAQ that we've created to help out the new members. I think she's suggestion to add a few questions regarding the new organization.

And kaz...how do you do all of those long critiques all the time? I only did one (that was shorter than your usual ones) and I feel exhausted! I'll still keep critiquing of course, but wow! (*new respect for you now!) ^^
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Sub-board organisation~! Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah really, excellent work kaz Smile you really do a lot for the team! (more so than me...feeling ashamed Sad)...ahem, anyway. Like we said, we should go ahead and have a proper meeting on this...and since Dirks is out for a month it's gonna have to be without her Sad I'll go ahead and post something in the meeting thread, but I think it just might be the three of us...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Mon May 16, 2011 12:55 am

*laughs nervously, then clears throat* Thanks guys!

But yes, to the meeting thread about that!

And you're pretty much on the dot about that tweetums! 3 strikes for an auditionee on a certain character/Pokemon, but they may get strikes on as many things as they like until they finally find the character/Pokemon that's right for them. Definitely no banning involved lol. I'll be editing the strike system into the guidelines then~? =)

As for how I do my critiques...erm...*doesn't know* *shot*. Well, at the beginning they certainly weren't as long or organised, so maybe it just took practice? After all I started seeing a lot of the same mistakes @_@ So sometimes it was just a matter of repetition before I got my hands on those guidelines. But I type them up on Word before pasting them on here, and then I can just type away without fear for dodgy internet. (Because who hasn't had that when they write somthing long and then lose it?) And generally they take me about an hour to do each, hence why there's never enough time in the day when you have to put hours of work in.

Otherwise...er...yeah. Meeting
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon May 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Well I think the strike system is on the right track...but Idk, I think it could use some tweaking...I say don't post anything else for certain into the guidelines until we've discussed everything at the meeting.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 am

Righto, till then!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down