Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS

+7
Goddess_of_Random
dirksies
Joyfulldreams
Aki11
Mylodon
videofan9864
WalleyWaltzie
11 posters

Go down

Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Empty Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS

Post by WalleyWaltzie Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 am

Since this forum is mostly focus on a project, many people might join your forum and hoping to see more from this forum. To keep more attention and prevent them for stop giving up hope of this project, you have to make something more attractive. For example, like your working status.

- Example -
Storyboard: 95%
Animation: 67%
Colouring: 70%
Voice-acting: 100%
Scene-cutting: 20%

It's worth to make a thread like this, or even post these on 'home'. So this project won't be see as 'born dead' instead of 'looking forward'.

What do you guys think?
WalleyWaltzie
WalleyWaltzie

Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

http://fai-forever.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Empty Re: Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS

Post by videofan9864 Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:40 am

WalleyWaltzie wrote:Since this forum is mostly focus on a project, many people might join your forum and hoping to see more from this forum. To keep more attention and prevent them for stop giving up hope of this project, you have to make something more attractive. For example, like your working status.

- Example -
Storyboard: 95%
Animation: 67%
Colouring: 70%
Voice-acting: 100%
Scene-cutting: 20%

It's worth to make a thread like this, or even post these on 'home'. So this project won't be see as 'born dead' instead of 'looking forward'.

What do you guys think?

Now this is a good idea. Example per episode we could do this. But what is meant by scene cutting? Plus there is no accurate way of measuring the exact percent. So they could estimate just like how a fansub group does it.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

Back to top Go down

Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Empty Re: Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS

Post by Mylodon Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 am

This ain't a bad idea. I will discuss it with my boss.

If we decide to go with this, expect it to be up in a few days.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:18 am

I think this a really, really great idea! Like this, we don't just tell other people that we are doing stuff and all, we also keep ourselves in check and inform people and also ourselves of our progress. This would keep slacking and all to a minimumC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 am

Well, if we were to do that, the only thing we'd have as of now is 'Storyboard: 10%' XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:01 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:Well, if we were to do that, the only thing we'd have as of now is 'Storyboard: 10%' XD

well if that's the case that's our cue to get things running now~XD It's the weekends soon and hopefully shen gets the script done by thenC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Aki11 wrote:
well if that's the case that's our cue to get things running now~XD It's the weekends soon and hopefully shen gets the script done by thenC:

Well, we still haven't had official auditions from script writing...so, maybe not this weekend
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 pm

dirksies wrote:
Aki11 wrote:

Well, we still haven't had official auditions from script writing...so, maybe not this weekend

I referred a scriptwriter to beatsan and he accepted him. Though I don't know how they auditioned.

@Joy: 10% of storyboarding? That's really not bad. I'm assuming the 100% is chapter 1 and 2 of course. Who's doing the storyboarding? Either way its good progress is made.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:18 pm

videofan9864 wrote:
dirksies wrote:
Aki11 wrote:

I referred a scriptwriter to beatsan and he accepted him. Though I don't know how they auditioned.

@Joy: 10% of storyboarding? That's really not bad. I'm assuming the 100% is chapter 1 and 2 of course. Who's doing the storyboarding? Either way its good progress is made.

At least for the meantime, shen will be working on the script, until we find our real scriptwriters, that is. Or at least for the first chapter/episode. the last time i asked him, he said he was one minute into the script, so hopefully he's made more progress in itXD I know I'm kinda rushing him a bit and all but it's the first episode, and the most important one because people will gauge our standards based on it and if we take too long of a people will think that this project is all talk and no show. We wouldn't want that, would we? (sorry if my sentences string together weirdlyXD; just woke up<w<;;; )

And temporarily until we find a good storyboard artist, I'll be taking on that role. I'm really redoing the storyboards this time based on shen's script (plus this time I'm gonna do it seriously, the last one I did was too rough><) so I'll actually say storyboard, 0% done for now to be honest:P
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Yes 1st impressions are most important. But speaking of the script there may have been some lacks in communication since beatsan said he has the script done. He told me all that is really needed for the script are the conversations since the storyboard will portray everything else. But I won't urge that topic any more so confusion won't arise, just to caution that everyone should be sure of their roles first.

Oh as for this idea of a status update. Why don't we make one of those sticky threads with only the percentages? and another sticky thread for all the confirmed members of the management teams?
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 am

The way Shen had showed the first script example, it seemed like a written version of what the storyboard would become. It just provides another perspective on how it's all supposed to be visualized.
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Goddess_of_Random wrote:The way Shen had showed the first script example, it seemed like a written version of what the storyboard would become. It just provides another perspective on how it's all supposed to be visualized.

Would it be ok to see a copy of that sample? I do like to see what the script looks like.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Neojunk Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:01 am

Well music-wise... I'd say it's about 0% done XD. But never fear! The music team is actually holding a discussion today on what we're going to do.
Neojunk
Neojunk
Staff

Music Team Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:58 pm

videofan9864 wrote:
Goddess_of_Random wrote:The way Shen had showed the first script example, it seemed like a written version of what the storyboard would become. It just provides another perspective on how it's all supposed to be visualized.

Would it be ok to see a copy of that sample? I do like to see what the script looks like.

Clicky! It was from a while ago, back in the infancy of this project.
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:23 am

Hey guys. I know this is old, but it seems like a good idea.

Stay on topic too.

I suggest this be done, and put in the Progress forums as a sticky, to show those who come by our progress thus far.

Agreement? pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:55 am

Agreed. So someone should actually sticky it and this idea should totally be put into practice. It's a pretty awesome idea to say the least so I'm bumping this thread to remind everyione of its existence. Smile
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 am

I had an idea of doing something like this sometime back, but not with percentages, just a more practical "this is what we've done" appraoch. Doing percentages is not really possible.

I think I will make somethign like this (unless someone has beaten me to it) over this coming week. I'd do it now, but I'm lazy.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by john Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:03 am

Can any of the staff give us an idea on how much work has be done in the animation and illustration department?

john

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Well for a single episode, first we need a script. Then storyboarders put the visualization of that srcipt into pictures, thinking up the camera shots, expressions and the general flow of the anime (that's my job). Then it's handed over to the real animators who do an animatic of the thing, adding and taking away panels as necessary before sending it off for the lineartists. Around this point though the VAs step and do their bit. Then the lineartists draw the frames in thin line, then its sent back to the animators who actually animate it all so effectively we now have the the anime with the voices but no colour or bgm. Then it's sent off to the colouring team and/or music team who begin to work on their music/sfx/colours and then voila! An episode.

At least I THINK that's how it goes....bit unsure about the whole going back and forth between animators and illustators though...I'm kinda confused myself actually @_@
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by john Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:42 am

By the way, has the team started to animate the opening? Just curious.

john

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:29 am

Um, the episode yeah, but not the opening...

Anyways, try and be on-topic kay John? ^^

So Supernova...Were you gonna make something this thread could use? Oh, wait, I can't ask that...but I've got a week off now so have you finished the miniscripts for Blue or Misty? I kinda need them...
Back to this thread though, I'd still like to put our statuses sort of under our avatar or something. Like a Facebook Status for instance...even though I don't have FB...but something like that may work...like something we can update easily, or is updated automatically.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by john Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 pm

What about using Twitter?

john

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:03 am

Kazaazz wrote:
So Supernova...Were you gonna make something this thread could use? Oh, wait, I can't ask that...but I've got a week off now so have you finished the miniscripts for Blue or Misty? I kinda need them...

Today, I promise ... spam my skype sometime today.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Status suggestion - STICKY IN PROGRESS Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum