Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Communication and Trailer test

5 posters

Go down

Social Communication and Trailer test Empty Social Communication and Trailer test

Post by videofan9864 Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:43 am

1. Could we make a sub forum for the social communications thread? I mean its just one thread and it might be better to have a separate sub forum for it.

2. I've just thought of a few things. For the project, I heard the test for the storyboarders are the Lt. Surge showing his pokemon and Red being chased by a nidoking right? Instead why don't we do this:

We give different types of tests for each storyboarder, Person A does Red talking to Giovanni, Person B does Lt. Surge showing his pokemon, Person C does Red swimming and Green's pokemon looking puzzled, Person D does Misty riding on her gyrados, etc.

Then after all that, the illustration team draws, color, shade, and add backgrounds to them and the animation team animate them separately. They then put them together in order to make a 1 min trailer or so. We then add our team name, anime name, logos, and some special effects and words and stuff. I see the ff advantages

1. The skill of each person doing the drawing vary, they may be good at one character but not on the other etc so if they choose which scene to try out, things would be done faster and better. We will know each person's strengths and weaknesses as well. We can also test out if our team unity works.
2. Many voice actors/ animators are already itching to start so why not start with a short trailer to measure our progress?
3. The scenes that was done here can be reused on the actual episodes so no work will be wasted.
4. It would take a long time to get to certain characters like Blaine and stuff so characters drawing/voicing them can test how they will fare ahead of time.
5. A short trailer can serve as practice and if we do good or bad here, we will know what to change on the actual episode.
6. We can test our team name, Logos, anime name, and even our progress forum. Has that progress forum with the chart been approved?
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Social Communication and Trailer test Bg10

Back to top Go down

Social Communication and Trailer test Empty Re: Social Communication and Trailer test

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:57 am

great idea~~~~ O:
i really want a trailer~~ ;O;

but i dont want the social forum to be.. too social. this is a project forum, so i dont want it to be full of random talks and so. :/
but actually you can talk about anything in the main general forum. just not too social. >.> like pokemon related, what the members like, favourites, etc. something like to know each other. ^^

Back to top Go down

Social Communication and Trailer test Empty Re: Social Communication and Trailer test

Post by Aki11 Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 am

Well, but if we do the trailer, productions will be hindered. Making an animation is not that easy... But if the storyboards are good I won't mind making one provided that we all have enough free time and that the episodes are still in progress. No matter what we do, the episodes must come first. Or else it would just be like a a beautifully decorated box with nothing inside.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social Communication and Trailer test Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 pm

irisfate19 wrote:great idea~~~~ O:
i really want a trailer~~ ;O;

but i dont want the social forum to be.. too social. this is a project forum, so i dont want it to be full of random talks and so. :/
but actually you can talk about anything in the main general forum. just not too social. >.> like pokemon related, what the members like, favourites, etc. something like to know each other. ^^

Really? We can make some questions on the general discussion like who is your fav special character, least fav etc? I won't make dozens of them so don't worry. Just 1 or 2 maybe if its allowed.

Aki11 wrote:Well, but if we do the trailer, productions will be hindered. Making an animation is not that easy... But if the storyboards are good I won't mind making one provided that we all have enough free time and that the episodes are still in progress. No matter what we do, the episodes must come first. Or else it would just be like a a beautifully decorated box with nothing inside.

The trailer was an idea I made for practice and to get an overall view of the arc to avoid getting stuck on something. I'll just let you guys decide then.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Instead of making your average trailer, I'm sure that if we compile some rough animation and storyboard snippets together with a bit of the soundtrack the music team comes up with, and a bit of of the more decent voice acting for the animatic or something, that will peak the interest of many people just as much, or maybe more. It'll also show that we're actually working. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social Communication and Trailer test Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm

I thought dabeat already made a trailer. Or is that a semi-trailer? Or Quasi-trailer?

But yeah. A trailer with some decent animation and voices could perk up interest for people who want to help. (don't we need more storyboarders?)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social Communication and Trailer test Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 pm

dabeat made a progress report sort of thing, but yeah, a trailer would be sweet!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social Communication and Trailer test Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Though...if the trailer gets TOO popular, it might attract some unwanted attention (aka legal suits...). Guess the trailer has it's ups and downs
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Though...if the trailer gets TOO popular, it might attract some unwanted attention (aka legal suits...). Guess the trailer has it's ups and downs

Then lets just use the trailer for practice and distribute only to ourselves. (If a trailer does get approved)
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

How would we get it approved? By votes, or just the permission of an admin?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:17 am

Mrtweetums wrote:How would we get it approved? By votes, or just the permission of an admin?

I think by both. I mean I can make another poll on it but even if it wins it is still up to the admins and the staff if they will do it or not.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down