Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED

+9
videofan9864
Marley
Joyfulldreams
Mrtweetums
Nol
chrisman1024
VGmaster
dirksies
dabeatmaster123
13 posters

Go down

Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Empty Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:07 pm

KingofStrawberries had an idea about making Yellow as a movie instead of cutting them into episodes. I actually thought that was a smart idea, but of course they are still chapters after all, which could be split into episodes easily. But honestly the idea of making the yellow arc into a movie is not a bad idea at all.
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Empty Re: Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED

Post by dirksies Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:10 pm

(@dirksies: please repost your comment. Sorry I clicked edit instead of quote...)

Erm, it was something along the lines of: "Great idea, but we need to be focusing on what we're doing right now"

Last edited by dirksies on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Well true... but we would probably have more people by the time we get to the Yellow Arc (hopefully) and plus, it would be about 1:30 or 2 hours long. One episode would = 15 min so I really don't see it being painfully hard. But of coarse like you said it is a lot to ask for.

But yeah for the smaller arcs like Yellow, FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald they all have some serious antagonists which would be suitible for movie material. But episodes would do just as well so I really don't care what happens ^_^ as long as we get it done!
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Maybe....ohhhh, you just got me really excited for a Yellow movie. Ahem But yes, I feel like we should focus on what we are trying to do now instead of looking at something that's further down the line. But that would be something really awesome to leave on the backburner

^.^
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:36 pm

I think something like The Last battle in G/S/C would be as a movie not an entire arc though it's going take long enough to make a entire episode and even more to tackle a movie.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisman1024 Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:39 pm

I think it would actualy take less effort to make it a movie because its all tied together and we wouldent have to animate edings or beginings where we brush up one what happend in the last episode ( if where doing that)
chrisman1024
chrisman1024

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:53 pm

I could imagine that FR/LG would flow quite well as just one movie. Maybe have Chapter 0 (flashback with Silver and Blue) as just short a episode before releasing the movie though.

I can't really see Emerald as a movie though. Mostly because I feel that it really needs time to build suspense between events, such as Emerald's next Battle Frontier challenge, or when an old Pokedex Holder's about to make their return appearance. I could kind of imagine a movie for the climactic part, and it would be a good sendoff considering the ending, but there's just so much buildup necessary for the early part.

Then again, I hate the Emerald chapter and the protagonist, so maybe I'm just biased against making something special like a movie for it. >_>
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:08 pm

A movie! That's a great idea!
But I do have some issues with it...

Well, most times, some people just skip movies (not often, but sometimes) thinking it's filler. If we can tell them the movie is canon, than they may watch it.

And also, though the yellow arc is short, there's still going to be a lot of stuff to be cut out. To fit it all into 90 minutes will be difficult. (probably the haunter/lapras thing, green vs agatha at the power plant, the nerd vs yellow...etc) now I'm fine with that, but some diehard pokespe fans probably won't be. (I can see it now: "H0w dar3 U cUt OUT the nerd vs yellow fight? Flame!!)

but of course, I really don't see these issues to be a problem. Just little anecdotes. Probably just overreacting.

But this a great idea! But what's the title going to be? (pokespecial:the movie: yellow arc?)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:17 pm

@Nol: How dare you hate Emerald!! lol

anyways... I honestly think staying to the main project is the best idea, but for FR/LG and or maybe HG/SS those would be the easiest to be turned into movies. Yellow and Emerald would be iffy because the transition between the scenes would be really bad and plus you would have to take out certain scenes.
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm not into turning it into a movie. =\ I really do NOT want to have to cut anything, and movies do take a lot of effort to make. and plus, I'd really love to make the yellow arc as a series...it's one of my favorite arcs....;_;
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 pm

I really don't think turning smaller arcs into a movie is a good idea because they still have quite a lot of content and stuff and it would be more difficult

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:49 pm

The Yellow arc is actually longer than the RGB arc, if you go by chapter count. RGB is 40 chapters; Yellow is 50. Cramming 50 chapters into 90 minutes would be a pain. Also it's kind of episodic, so it probably wouldn't work so well.
Things like the Final Battle chapters in GSC and Emerald would make good movies, though, I think. They all sort of run together... it would probably be more difficult to make them into episodes.

But it's more important to focus on the RGB arc at this point.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:37 am

Nol wrote:I could imagine that FR/LG would flow quite well as just one movie. Maybe have Chapter 0 (flashback with Silver and Blue) as just short a episode before releasing the movie though.

I can't really see Emerald as a movie though. Mostly because I feel that it really needs time to build suspense between events, such as Emerald's next Battle Frontier challenge, or when an old Pokedex Holder's about to make their return appearance. I could kind of imagine a movie for the climactic part, and it would be a good sendoff considering the ending, but there's just so much buildup necessary for the early part.

Then again, I hate the Emerald chapter and the protagonist, so maybe I'm just biased against making something special like a movie for it. >_>

I woudn't want yellow or emerald arc into a movie. Cause like Joy said we would have to cut a few scenes. Also isn't our originalidea to extend some scenes? But I am not against making the Final battle chapters in emerald and gsc a two hour special episode or something like they do on detective conan (not as a movie cause movies are pretty much non cannon)

Though I love the idea for the lost chapter with Blue and Silver. I mean we could make it into a short episode OVA or something. I mean not connected to any arc and it would be good to be released along side FRLG. Like the anime detective conan, along side their movies, a short episode giving some connection to the movie is released called the Magic Files.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 am

movies= higher quality, and even if we cut out some parts we'd still have to make everything in general high quality. And we don't have the manpower or talent to make that high of a quality stuff. And like what dirksies said, we gotta focus on what is happening now, we are not done with even the intro yet. that says something. >:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:01 am

Movie for yellow arc = not a good idea. Although it would be cool, yellow is 50 chapters long. Considering our aim to have roughly two episodes per 18 minute episode (discluding opening/ending), the yellow arc would hit 7.5 hrs in episode form, so we'd probably be cutting a lot by movie'ing it. And then there's the issue of the higher quality stuff.

Although, Aki, I don't think our progress is bad. For a bunch of fans with other priorities, it's impressive we've gotten even this far. And things will pick up in speed after episode one, I reckon.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 am

Getting one episode done might attract more animators and stuff. So yeah it might pick up some speed after that.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Cult King Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:40 am

If, you know, the movie length is an issue, why not do what they've apparently done to Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows and cut the movie into pieces as well?

btw, I'm KingofStrawberries. Hi.
The Strawberry Cult King
The Strawberry Cult King

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:13 am

if you guys just compare how many stationary frames there are in animes, and how many stationary frames there are in movies, you guys will know what I mean. In movies, characters are moving every second, and it's not just the mouths that are moving, the animation itself is upgraded and the fluidity improves by leaps and bounds. There's no way fan production can do as well as movie productions, because only professionals are able to. Even if we may get more animators as time goes, the probability of us getting professionals to help us for free is of near zero percentage. this is not just the problem of manpower, but the problem of talent and drawing/animating ability as well.

(oh btw vgmaster I remembered you said you grew up watching akira or something, the movie's animation is like godly awesome;_; even if it's freaky to me. Yea, and everytime I think movie I think that kinda standard and I think impossibilities;_; )
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Smaller arcs as movies - DENIED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:37 am

Ah, since this thread is pretty much over and doesn't have a finishing tag: Suggestion is denied for now. If we somehow get enough resources for this to be a possibility, the teams will get together and discuss the upsides and downsides.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum