Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon sounds?

+4
whatthechuck3
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Aki11
WaniNoko158
8 posters

Go down

Pokemon sounds? Empty Pokemon sounds?

Post by WaniNoko158 Tue May 04, 2010 10:33 pm

I remember playing the Pokemon Stadium games, and the Pokemon sounded like actually animals rather than just saying their name. Maybe something like that can be used. My little brothers been having the new diamond & pearl anime on TV, and it got a bit grating to hear after a while.

I found a playlist of some of these sounds on youtube if curious:
The list of videos is here, and the playlist starts here.
WaniNoko158
WaniNoko158
Voice Team
Voice Team

Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Pokemon sounds? Empty Re: Pokemon sounds?

Post by Aki11 Tue May 04, 2010 11:02 pm

although it is already agreed that we are using actual VAs for the pokemon roles as well... I think it may be good to have some sort of a voice overlay thing that has the voices and cries mixed together for more animalistic effect.

tho, i dont think the vids that ya provided can be used either way wani, there's background music playing in the background and all..
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by WaniNoko158 Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Aki11 wrote:although it is already agreed that we are using actual VAs for the pokemon roles as well... I think it may be good to have some sort of a voice overlay thing that has the voices and cries mixed together for more animalistic effect.

tho, i dont think the vids that ya provided can be used either way wani, there's background music playing in the background and all..

yeah, maybe not so much those actual clips, but the voice overs sounding a little more like it, and less emphasis on using the Pokemon' names themselves as the verbal tics. I might try to make example in the audition section.
WaniNoko158
WaniNoko158
Voice Team
Voice Team

Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue May 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Having more example for pokemon sounds is always needed. I do think there needs to be a sub team for pokemon voices.

I wrote a guidline for my audtition theard if it's help any.
https://pokespeanime.forumotion.com/voice-acting-auditions-f2/animalistic-pokemon-sounds-auditions-t282.htm
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Pokemon sounds? Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed May 05, 2010 7:52 am

Eh, I don't know about a sub team, Sai. I understand that they're important...but so far, you and Tweet are really the only people who have auditioned for them, lol. Maybe if it ends up growing....but who knows? But yeah, I think sorta "voice references" for pokemon sounds is a pretty good idea. (Sorry I don't have any to contribute XD). I don't know about the whole overlay thing though...it may make things sound too artifical (though I guess that could be more practical with some pokemon more so than others, like special cases *ahem* porygon *cough*)
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed May 05, 2010 8:13 am

true yea, don't really know anything about voice mixing and all so I'm just suggesting base on gut feeling hahaXDD; But i think for certain pokemon it could be used? like from what I heard in jurassic park they actually mixed in different animal cries to make the t-rex's roar thing>W>

because it's pretty hard to make some of the pokemon voices (like growling) sound.. not human and all, even if it's done in a low tone.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Very true. I think they mixed like dolphins, tigers, geese (oh my) a whole lotta wierd stuff...(though I gotta admit, the end result was awesome!) so maybe we'll just have to take it case by case...if someone can figure out how to do it in the first place Razz
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 am

I think we should base the pokemon voices on the actual sounds that appear in the games, sorta... Like, try to hit some tones and the 'rhytm' of the voices, we try to be similar, but at the same time, we'd have to change it... Like for Pikachu, instead of it saying Pi-Ka-Chu, have a low, electric sounding growl, which would have to include overlay...

Umm, just a suggestion, and since I'm rambling, shutting up now and please ignore me... I'm sorry
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeyBoy Thu May 06, 2010 9:36 am

The ingame sounds, while a whole lot cooler, would get really repetitive if used too much. Either only use the sounds when they come out of a ball or similar situations, or stick with voices. The voices anyway give a chance to be creative with the sounds a bit more =P It would seem it has been decided anyway, so whatever.

Regarding the Jurassic Park thing, I believe George Lucas did the same thing for Wookies.

JakeyBoy

Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu May 06, 2010 10:33 am

You guys realise we already ahve a thread debating how pokemon voices will be done, right?

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Thu May 06, 2010 12:13 pm

I was going to point that out, too, nova, but this is more for references than just discussing voices themselves :/ I'll post the link anyway...here
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Pokemon sounds? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Thu May 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Hmmm, I may just be able to come up with a list of Red/Blue cries to post...but I gotta finish this last final first. Anyone feel free to beat me to it, lol.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down