Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viz has gone far enough...

+12
JB2448
Mrtweetums
Zephyr
AkieTara
whatthechuck3
Red_the_knight
Razor-Leaf
Joyfulldreams
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Obsessed Gamer
dirksies
dabeatmaster123
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Empty Re: Viz has gone far enough...

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:04 pm

AkieTara wrote:I thought the Zelda thing was an april fools joke. o.o;

Also, doesn't Hidenori call the shots with the manga? I didn't think Nintendo had much power over it besides the fact that it's pokemon.

Different Zelda thing, lol. He's referring to the Hero of Time movie an independent group made a while back (A quick google search and they should turn up). They even took it to a few film festivals around the U.S. And, eh, Nintendo wasn't too happy about it. They didn't take any court action as far as I know...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:30 am

Nintendo let them show it at festivals, they just didn't want it on the internet.
Viz is not like funamation, it's the 4kidz of the manga industry.
even though pokespe isn't on top of their priorities, I bet they won't like this.
I just thought of something! If this project is a success, Viz will want to profit off it correct? They might release the manga faster or make it into a real tv anime!!
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2448 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:55 am

That's less Viz's decision and more Shogakukan's, Nintendo's and OLM's. Besides, there's already an anime in production, so I couldn't see any of those companies really wanting another to be serialized.
JB2448
JB2448

Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

http://jb2448.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:07 am

from what chuck said, I would think that the actual reason why they were brought down was because they over exposed themselves by showing it in festivals. I think it would definitely be more underground if we showed it via the net only. And still i think the chances of this project getting shut down will be little. I mean, if they really cared that much they would have removed every single youtube fanmade opening/parody video that breached their copyright, and they haven't, so ya. (just my opinion tho)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:27 am

Yeah but a lot of Pokemon and Viz related stuff have been going down recently, anyone heard about Beckett Collector and Chuggaconroy recently? Sad
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2448 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:21 pm

This is a question presented to Satoru Iwata by a shareholder of Nintendo. And this is the select quote from his response I'd like to bring up:
"...Of course, we cannot say that we can give tacit approval to any and all the activities which threaten our intellectual properties. But on the other hand, it would not be appropriate if we treated people who did something based on affection for Nintendo, as criminals..."
In response to the suspension of Chuggaconroy and others on YouTube, Nintendo had nothing to do with it. Also, Beckett Collector didn't ask for permission to use the TCG cards.
JB2448
JB2448

http://jb2448.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:46 pm

JB2448 wrote:
"...Of course, we cannot say that we can give tacit approval to any and all the activities which threaten our intellectual properties. But on the other hand, it would not be appropriate if we treated people who did something based on affection for Nintendo, as criminals..."

That's...wow. Satoru sounded like he wants to defend us, even for the people.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby Boy Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't think there's any need to worry. Look at Little Kuriboh, he's definitely going farther than this (in terms of infringment), but he's still at large. Anyway, there are a lot of people out there who would love to see a pokespe anime, so it'll definitely be worth it. I don't think Viz would try to stop it anyway.
Passerby Boy
Passerby Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 am

BTW, guys, the suspension of Chuggaconroy and NintendoCaprisun on Youtube was because of a troll false-flagging their videos. They should be up again soon. (I really REALLY hope so. NintendoCapriSun is like my FAVORITE LPer EVER. I feel empty inside without being able to see his videos. ;_; )
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Come on you guys. We'll live through this. In the end, they can't kill the internet, so as long as we stay connected we can always just move somewhere else if needs be.

Anyway, I'm curious as to why there's been almost no discussion for the past 4 days? Where did everybody go?
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:19 pm

I think they might be afraid or just got bored the first episode is not released.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 pm

hey, now...

Nobody left the forums! We're still as strong as ever!
I'm sure it's been just a couple of slow days, we'll get right on track soon enough!

and also because everyone are pretty busy people...but I'm sure nothing like that happened!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:37 pm

If anyone is wondering tho, the first episode's animations has already started. We've animated till the part where mew first flies past red (animatic scene) Sorry for being so slow... (we are all doing this in our free time afterall...) but it is being done, slowly but steadily.

I'm really busy this week, with all the final assignments due all around this time (and that we were given 3 weeks lesser due to youth olympics). So more frequent activity will be likely to resume around this weekend.

In any case joyyyy is the colouring done yet?;A; We gotta be done real soon for the intro because it's likely that by the end of this week I'm gonna start sending the simple parts for lineart(ep1). But only when the intro's colours are fully done.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Ooh, that sounds awesome! Thanks aki! (and the rest of the animation team too!)

And no sweat about anything else! I'm sure everyone else are very busy people. But just the fact that we're getting this far is commemorable! Thanks to the dedication of all our teams and users, we can really get this project off the ground!

So...thanks to everybody!
(...not like I really help though...)

and I'm turning into an offtopic discussion ^^;
well, all I wanted to say was thanks to everyone! This project is going to become a reality, I just know it!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Bravo! Sorry for thinking the wrong way. I'll go check it out.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:24 pm

AAAAHHH the shaadiiing. I got, like, 2 files done myself (but they were fail...) But now, my tablet is completely kabluey and my mouse is broken. Like, the USB for my wireless mouse snapped in half. I'll have to wait a little less than a month for my tablet to get fixed....

So, I'm gonna have to shove almost all of it onto poor Coco...we've got like 2/3 done though, thanks to the AMAZING LOVELY Coco. She'll be busy for a week or so, though...dang....I am doing a very bad job. XD Coco is such a trooper.

SOOO, once you get back on skype, aki, I'll send you the last of the backgrounds and what we have done of the intro, k?
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:26 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:AAAAHHH the shaadiiing. I got, like, 2 files done myself (but they were fail...) But now, my tablet is completely kabluey and my mouse is broken. Like, the USB for my wireless mouse snapped in half. I'll have to wait a little less than a month for my tablet to get fixed....

So, I'm gonna have to shove almost all of it onto poor Coco...we've got like 2/3 done though, thanks to the AMAZING LOVELY Coco. She'll be busy for a week or so, though...dang....I am doing a very bad job. XD Coco is such a trooper.

SOOO, once you get back on skype, aki, I'll send you the last of the backgrounds and what we have done of the intro, k?
Well dang. I'm pretty awesome at shading and coloring. Too bad I'm going to be so busy for the next month...
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:54 am

I can't wait to see it Joy!!! >.<
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 am

@Joy: Sure thing! I'll definitely be on this weekend, 3 weeks break ftw!
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:01 am

[quote="JB2448"]That's less Viz's decision and more Shogakukan's, Nintendo's and OLM's. Besides, there's already an anime in production, so I couldn't see any of those companies really wanting another to be serialized.[/quote]

That's a very vaild point. The current Pokemon anime sells like hotcakes going out of fashion on the internet so I'm pretty sure that any anime production team in Japan would think that it wasn't worth going for ANOTHER Pokemon anime even if it's based on a very popular manga series. It would just be overshadowed and not worth noticing, because most people would think that it's just a different story with different characters in the same setting even when it's so much more than that.

So I think, that until we get a C&D, we don't think about it. PokeSpe is the most popular Pokemon manga after all so I think that as long as we do the series justice and come out with a high quality piece of work that can be loved by all, no one can complain.

By the by, I thought VIZ can only claim copyrights when it comes to the manga scanlations. We're creating an ANIME here. But it may be a good idea if we can get Hidenori Kusaka's and Mato's permission (how that may be possible is unknown to me) for creating an anime. I'm sure they wouldn't mind, but just to avoid copyrights I think it's the best shot we have.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:54 am

to be honest, i never really cared about that and productions never halted (for me at least) because of this reason. Cos I don't really care unless it happens, and if it's something that may never happen, I don't see why I should use it as an excuse to be lazy. It's not even done yet, for god's sake.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:34 am

A very blunt view from Aki there, but a very true one. Guess we should put this thread to sleep. It may happen, it may not after all. Let's not think about it and just create this anime with an unclouded mind.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Viz has gone far enough... - Page 2 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum