Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED

5 posters

Go down

Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Empty Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED

Post by john Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:48 am

Now that the developer's forums are closed to the public, one way to keep the fans active in the forum is to have a preview forum. This way, fans knows that the project is ongoing, and would continue to stay around on the forum for the next upcoming preview.

Say, if the team thinks that the intro is done, they can post a preview thread featuring the video. Either that, or the team can post screenshots of the anime they have produced, to give the fans a taste of what is coming in the next episode. Afterall, even a still picture that is richly coloured can make the fans down here quite happy.

So what do you think?

john

Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED

Post by Alexie82818 Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 am

Well if fans have been looking around the forums, they're see that we have began recording the voices for the first half, meaning that work is progressing. I dunno about showing more to the public though. That's up to the animators and illustrators.
Alexie82818
Alexie82818
Staff

Music Team Voice Team VA Critic Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://fishenod.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED

Post by Kazaazz Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:05 am

*has been summoned*
Someone say animator?

*Reads post*

Oh right, I see. Hmm. I'm not against the idea...having a couple of pictures with HD colouring every now and then for the fans. Bare in mind though it'll more than likely just be pictures rather than fullblown clips, if it's gone through at all.

Or are you talking about a 30 second preview of the next episode, something which a lot of anime put at the end of the show? I rather doubt it to be honest, even if it's just clips that'll be used in the episode because someone's gotta organise them, there's gotta be a voice over, and for that there needs to be a script for it...kinda tedious work. But just a few pictures sound okay. But don't expect any when we haven't even got the first episode out yet! Perhaps when we have an episode this'll be more seriously considered.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 am

Kazaazz wrote:

Or are you talking about a 30 second preview of the next episode, something which a lot of anime put at the end of the show? I rather doubt it to be honest, even if it's just clips that'll be used in the episode because someone's gotta organise them, there's gotta be a voice over, and for that there needs to be a script for it...kinda tedious work. But just a few pictures sound okay. But don't expect any when we haven't even got the first episode out yet! Perhaps when we have an episode this'll be more seriously considered.

It's unlikely we would do that, despite the fact it would be cool. Scripting it is not a problem, but putting clips there would require parts of the next episode to be already done, or create clips specifically for that segment, This would be a burden on the animators >_>

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Mhm, which is why, as part of the animation team, I don't particularly want to storyboard everything months in advance. Maybe just pictures are best.

Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by john Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 am

Kazaazz wrote:Mhm, which is why, as part of the animation team, I don't particularly want to storyboard everything months in advance. Maybe just pictures are best.

Well, the team could also post some of their music and scores as a preview, aside from pictures.

john

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Well...possible. I guess the music team can probably put up drafts, but this isn't for me to say. Try not to ask too much of us john, w're trying our best and all XD
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by john Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Kazaazz wrote:Well...possible. I guess the music team can probably put up drafts, but this isn't for me to say. Try not to ask too much of us john, w're trying our best and all XD

I know. After all, this is your project. All I am saying is that a forum section meant for previews would keep the fans around and for people to audition for the project. As to when and what the team wants to show to the public as preview, it is up to the team.

john

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 am

You see the progress forum? That is actually the preview forum. I think when the intro's done and all we'll post it on youtube. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:31 pm

irisfate19 wrote:You see the progress forum? That is actually the preview forum. I think when the intro's done and all we'll post it on youtube. ^^

=O Forgot about that totally. I'm such a ditz. Sorry! >_<
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by john Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:08 am

irisfate19 wrote:You see the progress forum? That is actually the preview forum. I think when the intro's done and all we'll post it on youtube. ^^

Is there any way to make it clearer to the fans? Mainly because I thought that the progress forum is only supposed to be accessed by the staff .

john

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:26 am

actually, I'd have to agree with john on this. Since the progress forum is being put inside the staff forums rather than in the others. This might cause confusion and such.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:15 am

It's only available to staff? That's not cool, the staff forums by themselves are enough for us. I vote for Ezu to do something about this! Perhaps renaming the progress forum to 'Previews'. Or perhaps 'Episodes' when we get the first one done. Either way, I definitely think that forum should be available to the public
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:58 am

Not 'episodes', I think. I think we have some private server that some people are letting us use to put the episodes on, although how they'll be accessed is a mystery to me (a website, I suppose).

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Need for a preview/released video thread - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Hm.. you're right. ^^ Never thought of that haha.
And it is available to public. ^^
And since this discussion is resolved, locked~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down