Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms?

+7
wildweathel
Nol
Joyfulldreams
videofan9864
Aki11
Mrtweetums
john
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms?

Post by HamsterPants Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:25 am

I've always loved the style of those endings, but I don't think that's right for this series at all.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms?

Post by Kazaazz Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:59 am

Agreed with Hamster on that one, Pokespe, is, although slightly darker in comparision to other Pokemon media, still fairly lighthearted. It's still rated for kids, despite all being recommended to people our age XD.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:38 am

Well there is some language I noticed when I read it so it might just be PG 13 if anything, but yeah I was just trying to show more examples of that type, I'm not really fond of it. Here are a couple fan endings that are pretty good:

Spoiler:

I swear this is off of something, but I don't feel like finding out what.
Spoiler:

This is a collage of anime spoofs. If it gives any ideas on the ending.
Spoiler:
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:59 am

Yugioh GX's second ending. I could tell since the video's title said GX and because of the cards. :p
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 pm

xD...

I'm tired..okay? xD
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Nol wrote:
Yugioh GX's second ending. I could tell since the video's title said GX and because of the cards. :p
Dude... Why do you know that? lol

I honestly think that, given how straightforward PokeSpe is, it would be going too far to display the characters with animals and flowers for heads.
It doesn't need to be anything revolutionary, as long as it gets the point across.

Openings and endings are great opportunities to display the symbolisms and/or messages sent by the show.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:13 pm

...although great, this is rather off topic wouldn't you say? Staff members can move this stuff to here instead.

As for the actual use of contrast, shadows and blooms, we go always move this to the illustrations discussion for future talking...after all it's still fairly undecided but they're not a bad idea. After all you could really use contrasts in really dramatic action scenes like where Green gets slashed by that Golbat in R/G/B.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:56 am

Kazaazz wrote:
As for the actual use of contrast, shadows and blooms, we go always move this to the illustrations discussion for future talking...after all it's still fairly undecided but they're not a bad idea. After all you could really use contrasts in really dramatic action scenes like where Green gets slashed by that Golbat in R/G/B.
Ah! So you're suggesting a change in animation style depending on the mood. Once again, that's a feature in TTGL to emphasize emotion but I just don't know if it would work for PokeSpe.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:51 am

Well the most in poke spe is that it gets you saying "ow and dang that must have hurt" TTGL has these huge speeches that makes you shed manly tears. So I don't think an effect in TTGL would be right for Pokemon. Unless we want to make things more epic than they are...
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:00 am

You guys mean adding special effects and bright lights to the episodes just like Black Cat and The count of monte christo anime? If so I'm pretty much against this idea. I mean pokespecial tend to have dark elements and stuff on pretty much all the arcs but I think the majority of the team isn't used to this stuff plus have you guys seen black cat and the monte christo? The lights are excessive and even the clothes are sparkling. I think it doesn't fit pokespecial. I mean even naruto whose more violent doesn't use too much effects.

But just to be sure we're on the same book are these the contrast and blooms you guys are talking about?
http://clintjcl.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/delme-thecount.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img67/3100/249315a5b8df0d39zc3.jpg

http://www.animeshinobi.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/black-cat-2.jpg

http://www.madman.com.au/wallpapers/black_cat_264_1024.jpg
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:05 am

videofan9864 wrote:You guys mean adding special effects and bright lights to the episodes just like Black Cat and The count of monte christo anime? If so I'm pretty much against this idea. I mean pokespecial tend to have dark elements and stuff on pretty much all the arcs but I think the majority of the team isn't used to this stuff plus have you guys seen black cat and the monte christo? The lights are excessive and even the clothes are sparkling. I think it doesn't fit pokespecial. I mean even naruto whose more violent doesn't use too much effects.
This is now a Gankutsuou thread.

Just kidding. lol

I do agree though(but the reason why naruto doesn't use too much effects is because it's cheap).
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:26 am

Hmm, yes I've watched Black Cat (Love Train X3) but I think it had those kind of effeects due to it being gun-based combat usually and being made out of Orichalcum probably meant to the animators they could do something flashy. Which isn't that bad to consider in that kind of story.

But no, in Pokespe I think it's best to keep flashy stuff to a minimum except when dealing with Pokemon moves/gigantic Pokemon doing fancy stuff. A later example would be say, Kyogre's attack on Guild Hideout (I think the name was) at the end of the Emerald Arc. Or perhaps when something special even to the universe happens, like when Gold, Silver and Crystal travel through time to get to the Masked Man or when Ruby and Sapphire are on Mirage Island. Both would require some kind of special treament I'm guessing and that's probably the most likely place where we can make blooms and stuff usable. Otherwise, I'd say we keep it pretty simple. After all the color scheme itself is very simple until everyone improves with time.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 am

Well, we could also do something for when Red get's tortured by LT. Surge, or the scene where Sabrina tries slicing Blue's throat. Some effect can be used for those. Or even(waay) later on when Dia gets attacked by the Yanmega. Some dramatic near death scenes or maybe simple ones like Yellow breaking her arm, Gold spraining his leg or being burned. Misty hitting her head on the rock to put more emphasis on the pain they're feeling.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

If we ever do use after effects (Which I have) I think we would have to be even more involved on separating the layers from each other if we want a specific effect on one thing instead of the whole frame... that's usually how I do things now a days when I import an animation into after effects...
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Would the team make extensive use of contrast, shadows and blooms? - Page 2 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:44 pm

dabeatmaster123 wrote:If we ever do use after effects (Which I have) I think we would have to be even more involved on separating the layers from each other if we want a specific effect on one thing instead of the whole frame... that's usually how I do things now a days when I import an animation into after effects...
Yes. Any decent looking effects should have many layers.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2