Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you picture each Character sounding like?

+18
Kami-chan
The Black Glove
Red_the_knight
Memieko
PokeFan72
ShadowDragon
Tsurugi
BreeNilla
Aki11
Razor-Leaf
dirksies
Kanon
.alex-chan
Kamuro
Goddess_of_Random
Joyfulldreams
EvoWarrior5
dawsoc
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you picture each Character sounding like? Empty What do you picture each Character sounding like?

Post by dawsoc Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Mine:for the first arc
Red:Sort of like a young excited boy
Green(Boy):Sort of deepish but still kind of kiddy and snotty
Blue(Girl):sweet at first but then evil once she attacks red
dawsoc
dawsoc

What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

What do you picture each Character sounding like? Empty Re: What do you picture each Character sounding like?

Post by EvoWarrior5 Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 am

yea i kind of agree, Red's voice should be too low, it should be a bit higher, and indeed excited.
Greens voice should be a bit low and irritated

I agree to Blue, but make sure it's not too evil, she doesn't need to sound like Agatha...
and her voice should get high when she says: taa taa! (she does say that right? as some sort of goodbye? haven't read the manga for a while...)

EvoWarrior5

Back to top Go down

What do you picture each Character sounding like? Empty Re: What do you picture each Character sounding like?

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:12 am

Red, to me, sounds like a boy going through puberty his voice isn't smooth, but isn't girly, or as if he's finished puberty or anything. Maybe even a bit scratchy, and his voice give off this overall feel of enthusiasm and headstrongness.

Green sounds like a guy who has finished puberty, and since his personality is, you know, like that, he generally speaks in a low tone. When he gets angry, or irritated, or excited, and starts shouting, his voice gets a bit higher.

Blue sounds like a young-ish girl, who's voice can go from cute to spunky...I imagine her as more of a 'ohohohohoho~' type, y'know? XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:21 pm

I've always imagined blue with an obnoxiously high pitched tone. Especially when she laughs. It almost makes you wanna cringe.

I can Green with a deep voice but not quite right away. At 11, it's almost there but his voice changes quicker than Red's.

I'd love to hear Red with a little kid voice right in the middle of puberty. OOH! Can his voice crack every once in a while? At least for the RGB chapter? That'd be soo adorable!
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 pm

I have a perfect example!! To me, Blue sounds like a younger version of Renge from Ouran High School Host Club. XDDD

Now that I think about it, Red might sound a bit like a younger Hikaru from that show, too. (In my opinion).

And Green...maybe like Sasuke from Naruto? Sad to think about, but true...

And Gold should sound like Rumina from Tokyo Underground!! (<3 that show....if you haven't watched it, you should.)
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:00 am

And some later ideas
Yellow:um trying to hide a girl voice with a young boy voice?
Gold:no clue
Silver:sort of evilish
Crystal:A hyper fangirl
dawsoc
dawsoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:58 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:I have a perfect example!! To me, Blue sounds like a younger version of Renge from Ouran High School Host Club. XDDD

Now that I think about it, Red might sound a bit like a younger Hikaru from that show, too. (In my opinion).

And Gold should sound like Rumina from Tokyo Underground!! (<3 that show....if you haven't watched it, you should.)

Well seeing as I'm in love with Hikaru and Sasuke as well as Red and Green, if they have similar voices, the fangirl in me will explode with happiness. =P

And I agree with what you said about Blue. I can see her having the kind of voice that when she appears, you roll your eyes and think here we go again....
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Goddess_of_Random wrote:
Joyfulldreams wrote:I have a perfect example!! To me, Blue sounds like a younger version of Renge from Ouran High School Host Club. XDDD

Well seeing as I'm in love with Hikaru and Sasuke as well as Red and Green, if they have similar voices, the fangirl in me will explode with happiness. =P

And I agree with what you said about Blue. I can see her having the kind of voice that when she appears, you roll your eyes and think here we go again....

I should probably look and see the other characters that seiyuu did...gah, the only other animes that I know about that she's done for are Mayu Tamano in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Himeka in Kamichama Karin... I havn't watched that far in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and I didn't watch Kamichama Karin. That kinda sucks to not know what else she can sound like. >.>;
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamuro Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:42 pm

BLUE. SOUNDS LIKE. JODI BENSON.

GOLD. Japanese: Junko Takeuchi. English: Dante Basco.

Silver'd be Romi Paku, but no idea on English.

Pearl'd be Jack DeSena, I reckon.

I'm adamant about these choices >=D
Kamuro
Kamuro
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by .alex-chan Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:12 am

Hm... Maybe teenage!Green can sound like Takahiro Sakurai AKA the voice actor of Cloud Strife? xD
.alex-chan
.alex-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:17 am

Some more that aren't exactly main
Prof.oak:an old guy grunting every sentence
Brock:Um a ...a wwe or whatever its name is wrestler
Misty:A teenage girl
dawsoc
dawsoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanon Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:47 am

I think Red would sound like... oh, what the heck, he'd probably sound like Ash. XDDD The Japanese one, that is. The English voices for Ash wouldn't work for Red, IMO.
Green's voice would probably be close to Drew's from the Pokemon anime. It's the SMEXIEST VOICE EVAR. ;p (I mean the Japanese voice again, done by Mitsuki Saiga. She's done a lot of "young boys" with smooth, smexy voices... ahahahahaha...)
Blue... she'd have a kind of high-pitched voice, yes, but I don't think it'd be ultra-annoying or piercing. Meh... it'd have to have a smoother quality to it than what I've heard from the people who've auditioned for her part. I'm thinking of trying out for it, but I'd like to get Yellow's part, actually. She's so cute! >w< And... and I've been practicing doing Pikachu for the past few weeks or so. XDDDDD Might want to just be Pikachu when Red catches it stealing, mufufufufu...

Kanon

http://latiaschild.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:03 am

Kamuro: You might be a little right on the Blue choice but I REFUSE TO HAVE BLUE SOUND LIKE ARIEL. AND BARBIE. I REFUSE TO HAVE BLUE SOUND LIKE BARBIE!!! *pant*

And you are SADLY MISTAKEN about Gold sounding like FREAKING NARUTO! He does not sound like an annoying little kid with a scratchy voice who's neck I want to wring as soon as he opens his TRAP!!! And Zuko doesn't work for him at all either!! (even though he is awesome, his voice isn't COCKY enough! Dx)

(Thanks to that, I just realized Zuko and that stupid Jake Long kid from that one dragon-thingy show are the same...>.>; )

And geez, you got it mixed up. Romi Paku would be better for GOLD. Though not perfect. Why does everybody imagine him sounding like an annoying little kid?!? Gezus!!! Why the HELL would he fit SILVER? Romi's got that weird high and scratchy voice going for him, NOTHING at ALL like Silver!!! Dx You're insane, woman.

And NO, Pearl does NOT SOUND LIKE SOKKA. Where do you get these choices from??? Dx
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Red: a combination of ben from ben 10 (original series) and TK from digimon02

Green: like riku from kingdom hearts 1, for the rgb and y arcs, then grow into the older one

Blue: a scam artist and a flirt-deadly combination, a higher voice

Yellow: maybe like the dub voice of Juliet, from Romeo x Juilet- the Odin part

Gold: maybe kind of like the dub davis from digimon

Silver: Kouji from Digimon Frontier, maybe a little higher

Crystal: her key word is spunky, very cheery but also determined, sort of like Katara from Avater: the Last Airbender

Ruby: Sort-of like Wilbur from Meet the Robinsons, just as random, but more, er, flowery

Sapphire: her voice would probably be the lowest and roughest of the girl dex holders, but still noticeably female,

Plantia: she would have a very proper voice, saying her words very clearly,

Diamond: he would have a really chill voice, but also sound like a sweet heart, like the voice of Robin from The Batman

Pearl: sort of like the dub Tamaki from Ouran Host Club, but a little higher because he's younger

Notice all of the maybes and sort-ofs... I can hear the voices in my head, I just don't know how to articulate them. And, after reading this list, you should be familair with pretty much all of the animes I've ever watched in my life...
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Red: like pokemon trainer from ssbb.
Green: like sasuke. What do you picture each Character sounding like? Herz
Blue: .............cant think of an example...
yellow: like ASH KETCHUM!! thereI said it.
Gold: like Tye (digimon)
silver: kinda like gaara (naruto)
Chris: like Tenma (school rumble)
Ruby: like TK (digimon)
Saphire: like Mikoto (school rumble)
Emerald: like Edward Elric (fullmetal alchemist)
Dia: like naruto
Pearl: Jack deSena.
Platina: Akira (school rumble)
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:01 am

Razor-Leaf wrote:Red: like pokemon trainer from ssbb.
Green: like sasuke. What do you picture each Character sounding like? Herz
Blue: .............cant think of an example...
yellow: like ASH KETCHUM!! thereI said it.
Gold: like Tye (digimon)
silver: kinda like gaara (naruto)
Chris: like Tenma (school rumble)
Ruby: like TK (digimon)
Saphire: like Mikoto (school rumble)
Emerald: like Edward Elric (fullmetal alchemist)
Dia: like naruto
Pearl: Jack deSena.
Platina: Akira (school rumble)
i never pictured gold sounding like tai
and that gave me an idea lets make him sound like sonic
dawsoc
dawsoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:29 am

dirksies wrote:Red: a combination of ben from ben 10 (original series) and TK from digimon02

Green: like riku from kingdom hearts 1, for the rgb and y arcs, then grow into the older one

Blue: a scam artist and a flirt-deadly combination, a higher voice

Yellow: maybe like the dub voice of Juliet, from Romeo x Juilet- the Odin part

Gold: maybe kind of like the dub davis from digimon

Silver: Kouji from Digimon Frontier, maybe a little higher

Crystal: her key word is spunky, very cheery but also determined, sort of like Katara from Avater: the Last Airbender

Ruby: Sort-of like Wilbur from Meet the Robinsons, just as random, but more, er, flowery

Sapphire: her voice would probably be the lowest and roughest of the girl dex holders, but still noticeably female,

Plantia: she would have a very proper voice, saying her words very clearly,

Diamond: he would have a really chill voice, but also sound like a sweet heart, like the voice of Robin from The Batman

Pearl: sort of like the dub Tamaki from Ouran Host Club, but a little higher because he's younger

Notice all of the maybes and sort-ofs... I can hear the voices in my head, I just don't know how to articulate them. And, after reading this list, you should be familair with pretty much all of the animes I've ever watched in my life...

gold sounding like davis will be a definite fit!XD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:10 am

continuing
lt.surge:a wanabee cool tough guy thing
Erika:one of those poeple that has a soft voice and always seems to speak in riddles
Sabrina:a sort of rough girl voice like sapphire's
dawsoc
dawsoc

Back to top Go down

Post by BreeNilla Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Green: I see him with a cool, smooth voice, like Johnny Yong Bosch. Not exactly deep. (Ichigo/BLEACH and Lelouch/Code Geass)

Blue: I always thought Aya Hirano would be good for her. Using the Haruhi voice and not the Konata one~.

Gold: I agree that Junko Takeuchi would be perfect for him.

Silver: I also agree on Paku Romi. A female with a deep voice, it's perfect! I just don't see *young* Silver with a deep voice. I like Johnny Yong Bosch for him too, only at a higher pitch.

Crystal: I think a tsundere voice would fit her. Tough, but sweet.

Ruby: I saw him with either a female voice at a deep tone, or a male with an elegant tone.

Sapphire: A rough voice with an accent. That, or a voice like Kaoru Mizuhara (who voiced Misao from Lucky Star)

Pearl: I like the idea of a higher-pitched Tamaki (Host Club) for him. Spazzy lol.

Platinum: A calm tone, I was thinking of C.C. from Code Geass (dub and original).
BreeNilla
BreeNilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Red: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Green: either Matt from Digimon series 1 or Dante Basco
Blue: Brina Palencia
Yellow: Kari (Digimon)
Gold: Yusuke Urameshi (YuYu Hakusho)
Silver: Train Heartnet (Black Cat)
Crystal: Katara (Avatar The Last Airbender)
Ruby: Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)
Sapphire: Toph (Avatar The Last Airbender)
Emerald: Edward Elric "WHO ARE YOU CALLING SMALL?!"
Diamond: Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Pearl: Tyson (Beyblade)

I named mostly characters here so if you know them, you'll know the voice I'm talking about.

Last edited by Tsurugi on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowDragon Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Crystal, I can see as Tara Strong... I don't know why... or Maka Albarn's English voice...
Yellow, would probably have like a highish, shy voice. But when she's disguised as a boy, she'd have a lower voice, that sounds confident, but nervous at times...
Red... Black*Star. Or something like that.
Blue...Average girly voice, but with a hint of mischief and IDK...
Silver and Green would probably sound like Light Yagami XD
Sapphire, Rainbow Dash with an accent. Just saying.
That's all I got.
ShadowDragon
ShadowDragon

http://shadowthezoroark.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Welcome to the forums ShadowDragon Smile you made some pretty interesting choices for how the characters would sound, especially Red with Black*Star. Very interesting indeed
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeFan72 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Goddess_of_Random wrote:I've always imagined blue with an obnoxiously high pitched tone. Especially when she laughs. It almost makes you wanna cringe.

I can Green with a deep voice but not quite right away. At 11, it's almost there but his voice changes quicker than Red's.

I'd love to hear Red with a little kid voice right in the middle of puberty. OOH! Can his voice crack every once in a while? At least for the RGB chapter? That'd be soo adorable!

AMG. Red's voice cracking (especially if he's yelling or upset) would be ADORABLE. I know it sounds strange coming from me (considering that I'm as old as Red in RGB. LOL). I'm just weird. I agree with you about Blue having a obnoxious voice XD And that her laugh should be annoying. Because she IS annoying. lol Don't take this the wrong way, but my friend, I think she has the PERFECT voice for 11-year old Blue. (1- She's 11. 2- She has a slightly high pitched voice. 3- She can be obnoxious from time-to-time.)

As for Green's voice... If his voice turns out to be higher than mine at 11, I'd be freaked out. Because my voice is pretty deep. (Not like a boy's voice of course, because that would be weird. o-e)
PokeFan72
PokeFan72
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 pm

PokeFan72 wrote:
Goddess_of_Random wrote:I've always imagined blue with an obnoxiously high pitched tone. Especially when she laughs. It almost makes you wanna cringe.

AMG. Red's voice cracking (especially if he's yelling or upset) would be ADORABLE. I know it sounds strange coming from me (considering that I'm as old as Red in RGB. LOL). I'm just weird. I agree with you about Blue having a obnoxious voice XD And that her laugh should be annoying. Because she IS annoying. lol Don't take this the wrong way, but my friend, I think she has the PERFECT voice for 11-year old Blue. (1- She's 11. 2- She has a slightly high pitched voice. 3- She can be obnoxious from time-to-time.)

As for Green's voice... If his voice turns out to be higher than mine at 11, I'd be freaked out. Because my voice is pretty deep. (Not like a boy's voice of course, because that would be weird. o-e)

Personally, I think Green's voice should be deeper and cool sounding. It needs to be confident and cocky like his personality, he shouldn't yell or raise his voice much and keeps a very calm feel to his voice.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 am

Now it's my turn to show off what I picture the characters sounding like. And you know what else: I think I would perhaps put off some ideas for the characters that didn't have voice actors like Blue, Yellow, etc.

I'll start with the Pokedex holders:
Red (Colleen Clickenbeard as young or Veronica Taylor as young, and then Natochenny as Teen) I don't know why, but I think Red and Luffy look the same. (Travis Willington as Adult Red) Now that would be epic.
Green (Gary Mack as Preteen, and Johnny Young Bach as Teen, or Jimy Zoppi) I figure this much might alternate or keep the same. It sounds like a cool and calm character.
Blue (Kerry Williams) Okay, I change my mind about Blue. Kerry should make a good role since she was Nami. Sorry Tara, but Kerry can be more mischievous as blue.
Yellow (Laura Bailey) We all love Laura Baily, right? That's a good match.
Gold (Sean Schemmel or Bryce Papenbrook) I describe him as strong, witty, and trying to be a charmer. He reminds me of Zidane of FFIX.
Silver (Zachary Bennett) There are a lot of serious characters, including the voice actor who played as Shun Kazami from Bakugan.
Crystal (Kelly Davis or Lisa Ortiz) I have no idea what so ever.
Ruby (Vic Migongna) Now tell me your reaction if Ruby sounds like Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. I bet you guys would get a kick out of that.
Sapphire (Veronica Taylor and Michele Knotz) No comment (running out of ideas).
Emerald (Denise Oliver) Yes, a perfect match. He sounds so young.
Diamond (Aaron Dismuke/Maxey Whitehead) If you don't believe me, then at least love the voice actor who played Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.
Pearl Same.
Platina Same.

And that's all I got.

Last edited by Red_the_knight on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I think Kerry is better as Blue)
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team What do you picture each Character sounding like? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next