Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Commitment

3 posters

Go down

Time Commitment Empty Time Commitment

Post by tangelotime Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi, I want to try and audition for the voice acting, because I can't really do anything else to help. But at the same time, I'm really busy in real life, and if I get chosen, I'm worried about the time commitment.

Does anyone know how much time it takes for a person to voice act? I'm completely new at this.

tangelotime

Time Commitment Bg10

Back to top Go down

Time Commitment Empty Re: Time Commitment

Post by dirksies Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Of all the teams, the VA team probably has the lowest time commitment. Most of the teams, even if you aren't actively working on the main project, can still be working on little side projects while you wait. The VA team doesn't really have that (other than just working on VA-ing in general). The other teams, especially the animation team and the illustration team, really do the bulk of the work for this project. In light of this, I would definitely encourage you to try out.

Normally when things do start to speed up for the VA team, we'll give you about a month deadline to get your lines in to be critiqued the first time and then about half a month to get the lines that need to be redone. For me personally, I know I've normally ever really needed about one session to record lines for this project, which is about six lines for one episode. The session was about half an hour to 45 minutes long and I was doing multiple takes of each line. Granted, of course, larger characters have more lines, but it really depends at the speed which you work. From my experience, I've found that if you want to do something, you'll find time to do it. Again, I encourage you to audition.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Time Commitment Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by tangelotime Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks! I really wish I could do more to help, but I suck at everything else. ^.^'

I'll definitely audition!

Oh, and one more question, how much computer skill is needed to VA? I kinda suck at that too. I'm okay with Audacity, but is that good enough?

tangelotime

Time Commitment Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:14 am

Yes, audacity is fine to use. (That's what I use, lol). It's simple and easy, yet effective. Just be sure that you have access to an area with little background noise and a pop filter. For more information you can check the Rescources thread Smile
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Time Commitment Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by tangelotime Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks!!.... Is an iTouch mic good enough? The quality isn't too bad.

tangelotime

Time Commitment Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Erm...I have doubts about the quality of that one, but why don't you submit it and we'll see how it is, no harm in trying! =]
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Time Commitment Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by tangelotime Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Alright thanks! I'll try and get it up as soon as possible!

tangelotime

Time Commitment Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down