Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing

3 posters

Go down

Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing Empty Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing

Post by D3ath Angel Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am

I was a big fan of Pokemon Adventures (as I was first introduced to it) when it first got published in English a bunch of years ago, and went totally sad face when I lost my volume 2 and found that it had been discontinued since. I had to scour the net to discover that it had been running still in Singapore. Anyway, I was able to catch a shortlived french publication that almost finished Yellow's saga.

So as for my interests; I've read aloud when I was alone ever since I was a kid. I was really into Dragon Ball, and because of my habit, I could entertain my friends at school with my spot-on impressions of the voices. I was also into drawing. Presently, I just finished an awesome 3-year Illustration & Design program last year (in Canada, so it didn't cost me an arm, leg, and my financial future). Oddly enough I'm in Sciences right now. Not at all because I'm giving up art, but the reasons for that move are complicated so I won't get into it. I'm actually casually working on a couple projects on my free time, one of which is a fanimation of the Evangelion manga by Sadamoto, purposefully altered into my own style- of which I've done 2 1/2 pages of storyboards ^-^ I haven't done much work on it, but you can see 2 pages + a title card here:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/379969_10150456525856942_587521941_10145539_480052454_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/389903_10150513276461942_587521941_10327562_223036573_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382077_10150465242116942_587521941_10173656_1309625411_n.jpg

(They're not refined drawings of course, but I got carried away with detail considering its just a storyboard- I'm still learning how to pace myself efficiently... If you guys are wondering, I have no problems imitating styles, as long as I have enough reference to infer how that style is communicated on difference fronts.)

I'm also doing some fan concept work for the Halo Forerunner saga written by Greg Bear. I'm going to be messing around with dramatic narration playing in front of some of that artwork on a chapter-basis- you can listen to a Prologue voice test (unfortunately without the accompanying artwork yet - I'll put it up as soon as I can finish a watercolour portrait I'm working on). The tinny voice effect is because it's coming from A.Is and audio logs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlWW9rJ1f1Y

So all this is around my Science studies... yeah, more to take on than I envisioned, but it's not nearly as tough as when I was in Illustration- while Science students were going out on Friday nights, we were drowning in projects between 5 hours of sleep and no free time, ever.

So since I have enough art projects on my hands, I thought I'd lend my voice instead. With my other ambitions, I haven't ever really gone anywhere with voice acting even though it was something I had thought about back in my teens. I used to be versatile as hell in the day, as I had more time to read comic books and such... but I still have range. I can see that the production has been moving slowly out of the holiday season, so I don't think I should worry about you guys being on my back for 100+lines 5 episodes ahead. I don't want to predict when I'll put a voice audition out, because those are usually wrong with the work I have, but I do intend to audition for Professor Oak, Poliwhirl, and all the other Pokemon on the list (I mean, I might as well as it doesn't look like anyone else is), as well as demo my voices for Koga and Giovanni. I'll probably mess around with other, non-Pokemon impressions as well.

So, there it is; what I'm about as far as you guys could be concerned here.

Last edited by D3ath Angel on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total
D3ath Angel
D3ath Angel

Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing Bg10

Back to top Go down

Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing Empty Re: Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 am

D3ath Angel wrote:Hi, I love pokéspe. I do loads of arty stuff in my spare time already so I'm only planning to help out in VAing.

Summarised :p

Hi there and welcome! Have fun auditioning and all. Oh, and if you put the URLs for the links in your post I can linkify them for you.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing Bg10

Back to top Go down

Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing Empty Re: Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing

Post by D3ath Angel Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 am

K, thanks!

Ah; same problem as before. I can't enter an URL.

"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."
D3ath Angel
D3ath Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:24 am

That must be a new thing...I remember I posted a link on my first post a couple of minutes after I registered in this forum. Oh well.

Anyway, welcome. Although I would've preferred more help in the art area, good luck on your VA auditions.

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 am

Wow! No thing like a novella to get to know someone! Anyway, welcome to the forums! My name is dirksies and I am the VA head. Make sure to read the rules and the FAQs blahblahblah...

Don't feel like you can't be audition for two different areas, I know that both teams are looking for talented people and, if you've got the skillz, go for it. I think the link thing was more as a rule to prevent against people/spambots trying to come and solely promote their own projects or sketchy websites, rather than contributing to the team. I think this is a completely different circumstance, so if you want to post your links, feel free!

I can't wait to hear your auditions and if you have any questions, just ask!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by D3ath Angel Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks for the welcome. The link thing is coded into the forum; so I physically can't post a link until a full week. I registered a few days ago, so I'll just update this post in a few more.
D3ath Angel
D3ath Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Huh...I've never noticed that before. Well, I can't wait to see them, anyway!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Greetings, and a layout of some of my interests and things I'm doing Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by D3ath Angel Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:38 am

Alright; they're linkified.
D3ath Angel
D3ath Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 pm

So you're making an anime based on the comic that was based on the anime? Interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by D3ath Angel Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Yes; the anime was originally supposed to be 2 seasons long before Gainax went derp with their budget, so some things (like a couple sweet character arcs and more up-front information about the plot) never had time to make it in. The manga, being cheaper to produce than the anime has more of such content, so I chose some parts of it to do. But it's such a long process, that I think it's going to stay a hobby/pet project for a long time with my studies and portfolio to work on.
D3ath Angel
D3ath Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Wow, I definitely just had the chance to listen to this. You have a really great range! Did you use a lot of voice manipulators? I would love to hear an audition for the VA team!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by D3ath Angel Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:37 pm

I only used a hint of pitch change in the first half- but in no way was I speaking in my regular pitch to begin with- for example, the very deep-voiced part was mostly just me talking in my deep voice, pushed over the edge just enough for it to sound unnatural. All-around I added a filter to make the voice sound mechanical, but that doesn't really add onto the voice impression I was doing. (It's comparable to putting a static-y filter to make it sound like I'm talking through a speaker-phone.)

I've started making my audition. I haven't continued it lately because of tests, but I'll get back on it sometime. I've done an Oak and Poli so far that I'm more or less satisfied with (in that I could have done more takes and a better job, but for now it's enough to give you an idea of my impressions.)
D3ath Angel
D3ath Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Wow! That's absolutely fantastic! Like I said before, you have a fantastic range!

Good luck on your tests and I eagerly await your auditions!

(excessive use of exclamation points!)
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:12 am

Hi there~ Sorry I'm not here all the time anymore. I didn't have internet access for awhile. ^^; Anyway, about the external link thing, it's a new security measure by forumotion. Sorry for the trouble. >.>;

Oh and, I'm Ezu~ nice to meet you~! pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down