Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Insert Greeting Phrase here]

4 posters

Go down

[Insert Greeting Phrase here] Empty [Insert Greeting Phrase here]

Post by L100Meganium Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Hello, fellow Pokémon fans!

My name is Beth, but I've been using my L100Meganium username since like 2002, so feel free to call me Meganium if you want. I'm 20 (I'll be 21 in 9 days!), I'm an English major with a minor in Art, and I live and breathe Pokémon and have since 1998. My favorite Pokémon is Ditto because it's all of them, my first Pokémon game was Crystal (I chose Chikorita--surprised?), I like to draw Pokémon in my free time and write fanfictions about legendaries on fanfiction dot net, and my favorite colors are lavender and sky blue. That last one isn't related to anything, but I just thought you'd like to know.

Probably the best thing about me is that I can occasionally be pretty hilarious. Oh, and my impeccable grasp of the English language that comes with being an Insufferable Grammar/Spelling/Word Usage/Punctuation Perfectionist, but everybody hates that about me but me, so I guess that doesn't count.

I first learned about this project from TV Tropes' page on Pokémon Special. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to join. It was like all of my PokéSpe fangirl dreams just exploded into existence in a fiery burst of sheer excellence. So that is why I am here. Also I am a person of a thousand voices and could probably voice-act anything and also I like to draw Pokémon.

I'm a pretty friendly person, so I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited by L100Meganium on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More rambling! Yay!)
L100Meganium
L100Meganium

[Insert Greeting Phrase here] Bg10

Back to top Go down

[Insert Greeting Phrase here] Empty Re: [Insert Greeting Phrase here]

Post by Tsurugi Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 am

Welcome to the forums Meganium, I'm Tsurugi Smile Make sure you read the rules & FAQs, if you got any more questions voice acting wise, ask Dirksies. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do Smile
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 am

Welcome, welcome! I would be dirksies that Tsurgi mentioned. I'm glad that you're thinking about VA-ing. Be sure to check out the guidelines for that auditioning area, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. =]
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic [Insert Greeting Phrase here] Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by L100Meganium Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Thank you for the kind welcomes!

I'm no stranger to mimicry and in fact I voice-act a lot to myself and my family and friends for fun (I once read the entire Harry Potter series aloud to my mom in ten days--coming up with unique voices for all THOSE characters was certainly a fun challenge), but I'm a complete newcomer to voice-acting online. As such, my learning curve when it comes to noise-free recording and voice effects might be frustrating. Please be patient with me! I promise to do my best! sunny

I downloaded Audacity a few months ago but never learned to use it, LOL. I'll do some research!
L100Meganium
L100Meganium

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamuro Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi, I'm Kamuro and I'm the voice of Red (and... pretty much everyone in the draft that wasn't Green or the grunts)! It's good to see the TVTropes link hasn't been taken down - dunno who put it up, but I had the sinking suspicion that it would be taken down one day.

Now, with voice acting and etc, first of all you need to get a good mic. Rockstar or so on ain't gonna cut it; just do some research online and find one that has good reviews and is in your budget. Record in a small area like a closet with stuff to catch echoes, like clothes or egg cartons (which takes a while to set up). If you're really confident about it, use Adobe Audition to record - it has amazing noise reduction (gets rid of background hissing) like you wouldn't believe, but if you don't have the money for it (it's in the hundreds of dollars, I got it because my school gave a whole bunch of Adobe stuff to everyone), Audacity works perfectly well... buuut it has a bad tendency to crash on your best takes. It's really fun and rewarding, voice acting is, so definitely give it a shot!

Anywho, I'm back into the shadows until more stuff happens and after school relents on kicking me in the shins for a little whole.
Kamuro
Kamuro
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader [Insert Greeting Phrase here] Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by L100Meganium Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Wow, thank you so much for all the stellar tips!! I never would have thought to record in a closet, but that's excellent advice. In chorus class in high school there were things like carpeted squares on the walls to catch echoes, so I should've thought of that, herpderp.

After recording all day today I've realized I definitely need a good microphone--my laptop's microphone is okay but it picks up the hum of my laptop and makes it sound like a jet plane, LOL. So then I tried Noise Reduction on Audacity, but the voice quality just isn't as good after that--it sounds like I'm on the phone or something. Argh. Still, I think I've managed to record a few good takes, even with my lack of equipment. But if you think it'd be best if I waited until I had some better equipment, I'll hold off on posting anything!

My family and I aren't very financially well-off (the Adobe program is definitely out of the question, haha!), but my birthday is very soon! Perhaps I can manage to get a passable microphone as a gift! Smile
L100Meganium
L100Meganium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum