Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites

5 posters

Go down

Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites Empty Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites

Post by PokeAwesome94 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:17 pm

What if YouTube starts treating the PokéSpe anime the same way as Yugioh Abridged, meaning that episodes get deleted every once in a while? I realize that there are some major differences in that Yugioh Abridged uses copyright protected footage and that the PokéSpe Anime creates it's own animation and music, but still this project will use the manga's storyline and that's kind of a grey area. So, I thought that in order to be on the safe side you could host the episodes on multiple video sites and perhaps even release the episodes for download via multiple filehosts (if you don't want to release episodes via download I totally understand that).

Anyway, here are some suggestions for video hosting sites other than YouTube where you can host the episodes:

https://vimeo.com/
https://www.dailymotion.com/

Last edited by PokeAwesome94 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:56 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed unnecessary (i.e. most) video hosting sites. Only the good ones are in this post now.)
PokeAwesome94
PokeAwesome94

Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites Bg10

Back to top Go down

Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites Empty Re: Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites

Post by Jonk Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm

We have the original data files so I don't think we need to re upload the video on other hosting sites.
Jonk
Jonk
Staff

Animation Team Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites Bg10

Back to top Go down

Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites Empty Re: Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 pm

I think he means if YouTube decides to shut us down, we should have a back-up site to publish on.

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeAwesome94 Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:51 am

Guest wrote:I think he means if YouTube decides to shut us down, we should have a back-up site to publish on.
Yes, exactly. One or several backup sites, in case YouTube doesn't appreciate you guys as much as the Pokémon manga community.

Last edited by PokeAwesome94 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I added Blip.tv since it looks really good.)
PokeAwesome94
PokeAwesome94

Back to top Go down

Post by ismichi Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 am

Now, I don't know how the sound department will handle sfx and background music, but I do know everything-else shouldn't breach copyright. We aren't tracing images, or using official animation or art, and are simply making a free-for-all-non-profit adaption just because we want more of the comic; in a sense, it's like how fanfiction works. Of course there is the possibility of getting stuff removed, but no different than when someone uploads something they own - YouTube can make mistakes, and sometimes people are jerks for no reason and report it.

But I do agree with having another site or two to make sure we always have it available for stream. Just in case YouTube deletes the account because of a few warnings. Mostly because Pokemon is a big name.
ismichi
ismichi
Animation Team
Animation Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeAwesome94 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:52 am

If this anime becomes a success (which I really do hope) a copyright holder may feel that they should get money from this non-profit project and therefore report the channel to YouTube. If this happens I would be really surprised if YouTube stands up for the little non-profit group who is right instead of the big rich company with a lot of lawyers in expensive fancy suits.

Last edited by PokeAwesome94 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:00 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I added Blip.tv since it looks really good.)
PokeAwesome94
PokeAwesome94

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStormKuja Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Now, I don't know how the sound department will handle sfx and background music, but I do know everything-else shouldn't breach copyright.
Although the music might be based on Pokemon-themed tracks, all music is composed from scratch, and is obviously non-commercial, so it fits in the same category as fan-remixes I'd think?

Having multiple sources isn't a bad thing in any case.
SkyStormKuja
SkyStormKuja
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeAwesome94 Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:15 am

Sorry about reviving a long dead thread, but I just thought I'd update and correct my posts a bit. When I made this thread about 1½ years ago I didn't really know much about video hosting sites outside of YouTube and basically linked to pretty much any site I could find. But now I have learnt that there are pretty much only two video hosting sites other than YouTube that would be worth uploading to.

Vimeo is a video hosting site that compresses videos much better than YouTube does. (Look at a 1080p or 720p video on YouTube that has a lot of black or dark blue colour in the background of the video and you'll see how bad YouTube's compression is). Vimeo is often used for artistic projects (animation, CGI, Kickstarter promo videos for indie games and so on), doesn't spam ads the way YouTube does (not everyone knows about AdBlock) and have a very nice design.

Dailymotion has even better compression than Vimeo, so the videos that are uploaded there will be in great quality as well. When it comes to copyright Dailymotion is the most liberal one of the three.
PokeAwesome94
PokeAwesome94

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 am

Thanks for responding. I think the main issue with Yugioh Abridged is that 1. it's owned by 4kids(very protective over their copyrights) and 2. He never gave credit to it's original release like Dragon Ball Z abridged did.

I follow both parodies and enjoy seeing techniques they use with voice acting so I'm familiar with them. Team Four Star always gives credit and asks it's viewers to support original releases before every episode (Something I also plan to do as to help lessen the copyright issue.)

The main reason I will continue to use Youtube is because we're not in a position at the moment to prefer quality over ease of viewing since it will not help much with the already depleting amount of interest in the project. I also plan to keep backups of our work as Guest has been doing as well. We recently received a virus on Dropbox and almost lost all our files, but Guest had every one of them saved. If youtube does end up deleting our videos over copyright issues with VizKids despite our attempts at pushing people to support them, I will at least have them stored for re-uploading or uploading elsewhere.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Backup the episodes on multiple video hosting sites Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeAwesome94 Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:23 am

I didn't mean that you should not put it on YouTube, just that backing it up on Vimeo and Dailymotion might be a good idea. But yeah, I see what you're saying. As long as some people have backups of the episodes in the original uncompressed quality it should be fine.
PokeAwesome94
PokeAwesome94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down