Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVA Episodes

+4
The Black Glove
VGmaster
Mrtweetums
videofan9864
8 posters

Go down

OVA Episodes Empty OVA Episodes

Post by videofan9864 Tue May 18, 2010 5:41 am

Now before you guys say anything let me explain first. My idea is making a 5-10 min OVA for some of the chapters of the manga. I mean example
1. The lost chapter on FRLG about how Blue and Silver escaped the mask of ice as a separate OVA instead.
2. We did have the idea of making something that would explain what Red was doing on Yellow arc. I think it was a drama cd right? So I thought why not we do it like this: We retell some parts of the yellow arc in red's perspective with him narrating.

He explains that one day he got a letter of challenge, then he was trapped and frozen on Mt Moon. After that he narrates that "day and night I've been waiting, isolated etc" Then it continues with the supernerd's team seeing him, getting the piece of his glove and taking pictures. After that the shadow of a man moves out of the corner, he moves his hand and a pokemon shadow breaks the ice. Giovanni gives red the evolution stones and says (combine this successfully with your eevee to gain a new power) then when red tries to ask about pika and the elite four's plan, giovanni tells him not to worry and tells him to move somewhere far to train his eevee and recover a bit. He then gives him the spoon of destiny and tells him when the right time comes, it will tell you where to go etc. Then Red says something like "I decided to listen to the man who saved me" The scene focuses on him training somewhere and then the spoons activate. Blue and the others are shown on cerise island and then on one side of the island red arrives and shortly he enters the cave and sees Bill, Surge, and Bruno. Then he gets his bike and blocks the shot by bruno's pokemon etc. Then the battle gets shortened and there we are.

3. My third idea for a short OVA is chapter 302 of FRLG. We make an alternative ending and make it a happy ending instead. We start how 302 started and changes the end so that sird won't arrive anymore. My idea is Red takes out Aero and comes with deoxys instead. or something else

I made such a long post, sorry. Though nothing on this suggestion is final and its still a long way if it does get approved. I just thought of posting this so I won't forget.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

OVA Episodes Empty Re: OVA Episodes

Post by Mrtweetums Tue May 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Didn't we have this kinda conversation before? Though I forgot the final consensus on it. Good idea making an official thread!

I do like the idea of making OVAs, but as long as it's handled well and in the proper timeframe. (eg. A bad idea to make the Red ova before we know all the facts of the yellow arc. (Eg. Giovanni helping, red being okay...) )
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Wed May 19, 2010 3:56 am

I like the idead of the first OVA but the others I don't know.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

OVA Episodes Bg10

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed May 19, 2010 6:18 am

Mrtweetums wrote:Didn't we have this kinda conversation before? Though I forgot the final consensus on it. Good idea making an official thread!

I do like the idea of making OVAs, but as long as it's handled well and in the proper timeframe. (eg. A bad idea to make the Red ova before we know all the facts of the yellow arc. (Eg. Giovanni helping, red being okay...) )

I think I put this previous idea on the filler episodes thread. For the filler episodes ideas itself where we create our own stories the idea was denied and For Red on the yellow arc I think the end result was a drama cd or something called the misadventures of red (they said its about the reasons we could think of as to why he didn't appear sooner despite being rescued before pika even reached pallet town).

Of course not, the proper time frame is the plan. That's why I thought of the Red OVA. I mean instead of interfering with the yellow arc (whereas we add some details here and there why don't we leave it as is and release a 5-10 min ova after yellow arc with the details I stated above?)

Now this idea of mine isn't necessarily filler and I think it will solve the drama cd issue for Red. Now I know it is still way too far for things like this that's why I'd like to voice out my opinion first.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 am

I am in full support of an OVA, and anyone who's read my work in other threads can probably piece together why.

For those of you who haven't, consider the fact that although it is based on the manga, the PokeSpeAnime is not going to be an exact clone. If that was the case, I doubt episodes would last longer than 5 minutes.

Aside from that, there are plenty of locations where we know events are happening, such as a character making progress, or a sub plot lurking about, but we don't see it on-screen. Take for example, Yellow's training scene. We don't see her doing any training, but we can tell from the panels that she failed miserably at capturing Caterpie. It is later implied by Green that she has, indeed, improved. Can we at least get a training montage?

If there's a list of episodes/events that need to be OVAs/Extended Episodes, these are what I think would be best:

- Red's Escape from the Ice (Yellow Arc)
- Blue's Capture from her home, and the years spent with Mask of Ice/Silver (G/S/C Arc)
- Yellow's Training (Yellow Arc)

I also think a filler episode or two would be okay. For example:

- Crys working at the orphanage, and meeting Emerald (G/S/C Arc)
- The Pokemon Fan Club President (seriously, this guy needs more screentime) in his daily activities. (R/B/G Arc)
- Blaine's Quitting Team Rocket (R/G/B Arc)

As for your suggestion to make Chapter 302 a happier ending, consider this: the sad events at the end of that chapter (no spoilers!), are the entire motivation for the Emerald Chapter, which immediately follows.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Mon May 23, 2011 1:55 pm

SOMEONE WHO WANTS FILLER?! *shoots them*

No extra work plox.

HOWEVER, of course, like normal anime, we're obviously gong to expand on fight scenes, changing things around as necessary because obviously working things in the camera angles as they are doesn't always work in an anime as well as it does in a manga. This can usually depend on the text:image ratio, character interaction, speech and movement. Translating it into script is relatively simple in comparison to making it into a storyboard. *is a storyboard artist and has written a short play in script format for english coursework*

As for training montage, sure we can show a few shots, but obviously the limits of Yellow's strength is meant to be a secret. When the time comes we can we can discuss flashbacks of training when it's The Reveal but hey, still a long shot to go. All of the OVA episodes suggested by BG can be incorporated into normal episodes. As for filler...

1) Erm, no, Emerald is meant to only be introduced in the emerald arc, not the G/S/C arc. There's a flashback during the emerald arc of the meeting so putting that into a normal episode is more efficient.

2) Lolno that's straight filler

3) Better, perhaps when he explains to Red he's not part of TR we can have a brief flashback of an argument between blaine and a couple of scientists before Blaine storms out, or something. *random idea*

As for you video, I like your idea of red's mini journey once he was frozen, but to keep with the drama a bit, FLASHBACK! (erk, should probably lay off them a bit now) Or even better, explained WHILE they're fighting/dodging. Ah, much better.

So:
1) Nah, part of an episode.
2) See above.
3) Eck, what BG said.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic OVA Episodes Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Mon May 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Kazaazz wrote:SOMEONE WHO WANTS FILLER?! *shoots them*

No extra work plox.
Rawr. I am teh Filler Monster, who actually likes the Karakura Rangers and the Curry of Life arc. Fear me.

Lol. I'm sorry I enjoy a good story and want to see more of it. Besides, the Fan Club President is too much fun to get so little screentime. He's on my "list" of characters who deserve more screentime.

I WILL however, still argue that there's a lot of stuff that was merely skipped over that could have been used to develop the characters much further. Yellow trying to capture Caterpie ALONE is worth another battle, and she should at least get a training montage. We also don't have a lot of insight on Crys' life before she gets hired by Prof. Oak. (Hey, I think it would be interesting. She's the only character who has a full team before meeting her starter.) Blue's entire character hinges on the story about her being kidnapped, and a lot of her motivations and fears are a direct result, not to mention Silver's entire story, and the relationship between them.

I also understand that it would indeed be a lot of work to do the extra episodes, but they can be something done on the side, something done slowly, and not released until later in the arc. For example, Blue's backstory would be full of spoilers if not for going through the G/S/C arc first. If we released any of the ones that are actually plot relevant as OVAs, it would be best to release one OVA at the end of each arc. The order would go like this:

1. Blaine Leaving Team Rocket. (Red/Blue/Green Arc)
  2. Red's Escape from the Ice (Yellow Arc)
  3. Blue and Silver's Capture Story (Gold/Silver/Crystal Arc)
  4. Ruby's Life in Johto(Ruby/Sapphire Arc)
  5. Oak's Big Plan to Revive the Dex Holders (FireRed/LeafGreen Arc)
  6. Crys and Emerald, when Crys arrives at the orphanage. (Emerald Arc)
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon May 23, 2011 5:55 pm

I dunno...I do like OVAs, but there is that extra work problem. But a problem I've noticed is that some of these OVAs that you've mentioned could be...kinda spoiler-ish?

I think...maybe 1 can be reduced to a flashback, (as kaz said), be while it is interesting, I can't see how we could turn that into an entire ova.

I definately agree with 2 as an OVA, (but we'll get to that when the time comes! ^^)

Now is where things get iffy. I think for 3, the blue/silver stuff should be kept as a retrospective at the beginning of the FRGB arc. (you know that chapter starting the FRLG arc with the masked man? I think it serves as a strong reminder of GSC events after RS, and it kinda leads well into the finding, and emotions of the capture of Blue's parents.)

And for 4, I dunno what we could add, maybe Ruby's life in Johto would be kinda weird. (unless you mean the celebi capture thing? I think it works better as an offscreen thing. How would he catch celebi in the first place anyways?)

And for 5 and 6, I'm not sure what else we could add to 6 to make it an OVA. (but it all depends on how long you expect these OVAs) And 5...I kinda regard that as a spoiler. I dunno...I feel that Emerald's goals in the Battle Frontier should be kept secret, and not immediately revealed at the FRLG arc. (keeps it more of a welcome surprise, right?)

Well, I did like some of these OVA ideas! You definately have some great sugggestions to give to the forums! (I do strongly agree with 2!) So keep it up! ^^
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Mon May 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Okay, I agree that 5 is kinda spoiler-y, but I was having troubles on deciding what to do for some of the arcs.

#1 could be reduced to a flashback, but it also seems like there's a lot of detail that could go into this one- his original job as a scientist and gym leader, getting recruited into team rocket, his work on Misty's Gyarados and Red's Eevee, the creation of Mewtwo (which for him is a HUGE deal), and finally, his abandonment of Team Rocket. We can also cover what happened between his fights with Moltres and Mewtwo, and what happened between the Mewtwo battle and the Yellow Arc. Lots to work with there on Mewtwo alone. Besides, Blaine is kick-awesome.

#2 I think has been in agreement by almost everyone in this thread. Moving on.

#3 is kinda the reason why it's there. I checked the FRLG arc for the aforementioned flashback, but it isn't there. If you think the audience really needs a reminder, why not have this one go after the Ruby/Sapphire Arc, and before the FR/LG Arc?

#4 Admittedly was just thrown in there, but there could be some interesting events. For example, he may have known/run into Gold, Crystal, or Silver, maybe getting caught up in that plot, and yes, Celebi.

and then we move #6 back to where #3 was, and only do some foreshadowing for Emerald.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 am

We could put emerald in the background of the ophanage scene were chris is introduced.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:25 pm

I actually think the OVAs seem like a good idea, but they'd have to be made after the actual episodes so they wouldn't spoil too much details.

As for giving the PokéFan Club President more screen time, how about just giving him random cameos in every episode (after being introduced, that is) that doesn't involve the big showdowns? Smile
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Sadly, the Fan Club President isn't really that major of a character, so as much fun as he is, he probably wouldn't any lines unless the story demands it.

Unless you mean having him in the background of a crowd scene, like an Easter Egg. That could work, seeing as most of those crowds are Pokemon Lovers as well.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah exactly Very Happy , as part of the crowd, or walking by the main characters when they're in the main towns and yet are never noticed by them. Something to that effect.
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:03 pm

That sounds interesting!

But of course, I don't think he should appear in every episode (even excluding big showdowns, he wouldn't work in every situation). But putting him in there for the wide-eyed fans as a fun Easter egg would definitely be fun!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Judging by the speed of production, I suggest maybe that the whole series be an OVA. Perhaps we should only make episodes of our absolutely favorite chapters in the entire series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsurugi Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:17 am

Guest wrote:Judging by the speed of production, I suggest maybe that the whole series be an OVA.

Not that I don't like the idea Guest, I agree production is slow, but wasn't the forum made to try and make a full anime of this manga?

Perhaps we should only make episodes of our absolutely favorite chapters in the entire series.

With making episodes of absolute favourites, it might turn out like the Tsubasa OVAs where they skipped 2 arcs between each set of OVAs, and you'd have to read the manga to know what happened. Again, I like the idea, just anxious of how turns out Neutral
Tsurugi
Tsurugi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Poodlekinz Fri May 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Just pointing somtihing out: if we do the mask of ice thing in RGB series, we would have to redo it later because silver wasn't introduced yet. We have to wait for that reason.

Poodlekinz

OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Poodlekinz Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:37 pm

"Just pointing somtihing out: if we do the mask of ice thing in RGB series, we would have to redo it later because silver wasn't introduced yet. We have to wait for that reason." Or we could just do a flashback first.

Poodlekinz

OVA Episodes Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down