Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Actors MUST have resources

+8
Mrtweetums
Espe
~Dewy~
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
dirksies
Ama-chan
whatthechuck3
Joyfulldreams
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Empty Re: Voice Actors MUST have resources

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:26 pm

As far as what kind of mic you should get...it's really up to you. You'd be surprised at what kind of quality you can get out of a cheap mic. I use a USB mic from the Rock Band video game when I'm feeling too lazy to connect my mixer to my computer and it works great. That wouldn't run you more than $20.

Back to top Go down

Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Empty Re: Voice Actors MUST have resources

Post by Ama-chan Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm sorry, I dont know if this is really related, but does anyone know of a good filter/mixer program? I'm making the pop-filter right now, looking for a worn sock, but I need those as well, yes? Please help... Sorry and thank you.
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:02 pm

I use Audacity to edit my recordings. It's a good program and it's free, you can download it from the Internet. You have to download the LAME encorder in order to convert the audacity files into something you can use like .wav or .mp3 (this is also free), but as a whole Audacity a good program, easy to use.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:28 pm

I just got my new MIC!
I'm going to got new recording software.
The audio quality isn't the best. But it's still needs a little work afther all I just got it.

Edit: 1:38 min in before audio came on sorry

I should have a new audition videos in about a week. I've be a little bizy this week.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanon Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:你是中文? I never knew that!

I'm chinese too, but have an asian accent when speaking english, and an english accent when speaking chinese, making it difficult for people to understand me.

For those who don't read Chinese, the four characters read "You are Chinese language?" XDDD Sorry, Tweetums. It should be "你是中國人?"
Sorry I'm a grammar Nazi. ._. I just... yeah. Okay.

Anyways... in the way of audio editing software, is it absolutely necessary for voice actors? What is it needed for? I'm a total n00b at this, so you're welcome to explain it to me as painstakingly as possible.

Kanon

http://latiaschild.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Audio editing software can help you manage your takes easier than the Sound Recorder that comes standard on most computers. You can also clean up the clips, removing any background sounds or what-not, and add effects. It can help you record your clips in a certain format and export them in a certain format. I mean, why not? Audacity is free, it takes a little getting used to, but in the end, it's also really helpful.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanon Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm

Sounds like it'd take a while for me to learn the interface and the various functions. ^^; I'm more of an artist than a voice actor. The only experience I've gotten (if it can be counted at all) is the fact that I've been singing in choir since first grade. That's it.

So... yes... wait, do you have a link to a download?

Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Even a grammar Nazi for Chinese? Impressive.

I failed my Chinese class. I use unorthodox phrases like 一個筆. Which is obviously wrong, and that's why I failed Chinese.

And I use audacity too.

Anyways, audio editing software is basically to edit audio. If there's a section you don't like, you can remove it. If you wanna remove background noise, you can. You can adjust the pitch and etc.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 pm

GAH stop talking in Chinese. It makes me feel horrible that I can't memorize the Japanese Kanji. >.>; If I knew more Kanji I could tell what you guys are saying...somewhat...
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 pm

sure, here's the link for audacity. Audacity Just click the link for which version you want and then follow the instructions. Also make sure to download LAME encorder so you can actually export stuff.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:36 pm

haha, im neither the chinese language nor from china~ (中国人,as kanon said), im from singapore, so that just makes me a 华人~lolXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanon Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Well, I'm Taiwanese. XDDD At least, my parents and grandparents came from Taiwan. Dunno if I have any aborigine blood in me. My dad claims that he does, but my mom's side doesn't. Figures. <.<

Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Taiwanese. But don't speak a word of it. XD

I suck at Most languages. Except English.

kinda getting Off-topic? Ah, whatever.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Voice Actors MUST have resources - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:53 pm

To get back ONNN topic. How does one clean out the background noise using Audacity?
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:00 pm

There's a noise removal button in audacity. Located in "effects". (I think)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Here is an awesome site that answers just that question and it takes you through it step by step.

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Detailed_Audacity_Noise_Removal
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Ah! I see! Well that is easy.

... Wow, now that I've got rid of the buzzing the echoes are so so prominent. YIKES. I need an insulated recording space. O_O
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2