Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options

+5
Joyfulldreams
ShenCS
EvoWarrior5
Mrtweetums
videofan9864
9 posters

Go down

Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Empty Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options

Post by videofan9864 Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:23 am

Hi there, I just thought of these steps if there have been no plans for the sequences of the animation yet. Now I recommend this after the recruitment process so as to get things started.

Step 1 Scriptwriting
For this one, in order to lessen the workload I suggest using the detailed chapter summaries in serebii. I mean we could edit it a little for scenes we will change/add. We can also adjust it for all character conversations. After which we will approve the script.

Step 2a Voice Acting
The voice actors will get the final copy of the script and record their voices individually and then someone else will combine the sounds together.

Step 2b Storyboarding
At the same time as the voice actors, the storyboarding division will get the final copy of the script and the respective chapters of the manga and divide the storyboard work among themselves. Example A will do paragraph 1 and 2 etc

Step 2c Music
At the same time, the composers will likewise get final script and compose the respective background music. Sad, cheerful, serious themes etc

Step 3 Illustrators
The illustrators will get the finished storyboards. They will divide the work among themselves and draw/color the major scenes.

Step 4 Animation
The animators with the adobe program or something similar will get all finished work from the previous steps. They will make the pictures move, put in the voice cast and the music.

Though I have next to no idea how this works, but my knowledge of this is as long as the main pics are there the program can make the little movements?

Step 5 Sound Effects and Quality Check
After the animation, we add the sound effects. I think those effects are easy to record or download anywhere right? After adding the sound effects, I think it will be easy to QC.

Step 6 Distribution
You tube is the best bet but I think one way or another we might get copyright issues. Have anyone thought of what to do here? Also I think we should just distribute the video only for the group for the moment.

Now I heard that the voting system has been proposed. So my idea is to make polls and vote on the ff. things.
1. How long the episode should be excluding all the beg and ending music etc. 15-16, 17-18 mins etc. Its best we vote on intervals instead of exact mins
2. Allowing filler episodes or just little changes on some scenes or adding a few scenes to differentiate a bit from the manga
3. Eye Catches
4. Preview of next episode

I also recommend doing the opening and ending first to practice. But it all to what you guys think.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

Back to top Go down

Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Empty Re: Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:25 am

nice organization! It seems very helpful (of course, im not somebody in charge, but it's very informative.)

For step 6, i think as long as we add a disclaimer that we own nothing, and state the proper copyright owners, it should be fine.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

Back to top Go down

Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Empty Re: Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options

Post by EvoWarrior5 Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:04 am

1. i think the episodes should be like 18-23 minutes, that should be enough.
but i wouldn't say no to longer episodes Wink

2. yes i agree to filler eps (though most of the people would disagree..).
or at least make it so that the scene are different, and that we could add other scenes.

3. eye catches make me happy!

4. no, i don't think that's a good idea... i don't like previews... but that's just my view... and also, it would make the things harder than it is...

and yes i agree, first the opening and ending, just to practice.

EvoWarrior5

Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenCS Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 am

I'd just like to mention that a huge part of the voting discussion was editted out of the meeting. Pay attention to the times of the posts. Also, we long ago went against creating an opening and ending first.
People fail to realise that creating a high quality opening/ending requires a lot more work and experience than the episode itself. Practise it ain't.
There's more I could say, but I won't right now.
ShenCS
ShenCS
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 am

This is nice and all, but we've pretty much got everything covered.

However, the way I think we will go about music is not to compose something different for each episode. We will have numerous pieces composed for certain scenes and emotions that we will chop up and piece around in the episodes. We will have our very own OST. ;3

So far, I'm trying to figure out how to best go about the illistration. I've been looking at various animes and trying to figure out how they make things look a certain way. Some things I have noted are 1. The lines are tinted the color of the object they outline to keep them from standing out too much. 3. The lines are relatively thin and simple. 4. The shading is very simple, and sometimes there's barely any shading at all (this is somewhat different for different animes.)

Either way, the system I have for the animation/illustration process. Is that the storyboarders make a storyboard based on the script written by the script writers. A basic and rough animation is drawn up by the animators/sketchers based on the storyboard. The line artists line the sketches for each and every frame. The color artists color everything. The shading artists shade all the color, though simply, and then the bg artists draw backgrounds that are then slapped in the back of the animation, and bla bla bla...

I don't think that it would be smart to have the voice actors record before the animation is done. It would be best for them to know what that mouth movements are, what the facial expression is...no professional animation companies voice act without the animation done first. If we do it before the animation, trust me, things will be out of sync and bad.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Ok seeing as everything is already sorted out I'll leave the things to you guys. Oh so the animation is done first before voices? That makes sense, though originally I thought the other way since it would be easier hearing out the voices before making the lips move.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:19 pm

I am a big supporter of GOOD VOICE ACTING. Sometimes the animation in an anime can be bad or boring, but if the voice acting is full of emotion, that's what really matters. Voice acting CAN make or break an anime, which is what the whole dub/sub battle has been about. ;3 Any little thing that can help the voice actors put out a little more, I am ALL FOR IT.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:I am a big supporter of GOOD VOICE ACTING. Sometimes the animation in an anime can be bad or boring, but if the voice acting is full of emotion, that's what really matters. Voice acting CAN make or break an anime, which is what the whole dub/sub battle has been about. ;3 Any little thing that can help the voice actors put out a little more, I am ALL FOR IT.

I agree on that. Usually I like the subbed versions because the voices of the original japanese sound better but for anime like Gundam Seed, the dub voices are really good. I mean they have a rhythm of emotion.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:This is nice and all, but we've pretty much got everything covered.

However, the way I think we will go about music is not to compose something different for each episode. We will have numerous pieces composed for certain scenes and emotions that we will chop up and piece around in the episodes. We will have our very own OST. ;3

So far, I'm trying to figure out how to best go about the illistration. I've been looking at various animes and trying to figure out how they make things look a certain way. Some things I have noted are 1. The lines are tinted the color of the object they outline to keep them from standing out too much. 3. The lines are relatively thin and simple. 4. The shading is very simple, and sometimes there's barely any shading at all (this is somewhat different for different animes.)

Either way, the system I have for the animation/illustration process. Is that the storyboarders make a storyboard based on the script written by the script writers. A basic and rough animation is drawn up by the animators/sketchers based on the storyboard. The line artists line the sketches for each and every frame. The color artists color everything. The shading artists shade all the color, though simply, and then the bg artists draw backgrounds that are then slapped in the back of the animation, and bla bla bla...

I don't think that it would be smart to have the voice actors record before the animation is done. It would be best for them to know what that mouth movements are, what the facial expression is...no professional animation companies voice act without the animation done first. If we do it before the animation, trust me, things will be out of sync and bad.
I just notcied your the first person to think about the style of the anime
dawsoc
dawsoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:07 am

dawsoc wrote:
I just notcied your the first person to think about the style of the anime

Well, I obviously have to think about this, because I'm the head of illustration and I'll be drawing most of it. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animefangel Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:34 am

Step 6 suggestion
I know when some people did a Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Fandub they used tinypic. They then put a random video up on YouTube with a link to the actual video in the description.
animefangel
animefangel

https://www.youtube.com/user/animefangel

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:I don't think that it would be smart to have the voice actors record before the animation is done. It would be best for them to know what that mouth movements are, what the facial expression is...no professional animation companies voice act without the animation done first. If we do it before the animation, trust me, things will be out of sync and bad.

Actually, i think most companies do the voice acting first, that way the animators know what they are animating to instead of just trying to guess how the actor will say the line with pacing, feeling, etc. i think the only companies that do it the other way around are those that are translating from one language to another in which case the animation would already be given, and all that is needed is the voices for the actors in the new language.

Here's a site that outlines the process http://my.smithmicro.com/tutorials/2360.html

That site does have a point...but I don't really think we're experienced enough at any of this yet to try that as of now. When we get more of the hang of animation down, we'll see about the animation-sound factor. Although, I'm not the manager, so I can't talk. XD
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:41 pm

In Japan, the voice acting is almost always done before the animating, except in dubs. Its the same in America, and all over the country. That way the lips sync up perfectly, the animators have an idea of what the VAs think about the scene, etc. If someone doesnt like how the VA did a scene, its done again until its right. Example: One scene didnt have enough emotion. One scene has too much emotion. This scene doesnt have the right feel. That scene should probably be cut out altogether. etc. etc.

The voice acting should definately be done before the final animating. That way we'll be more professional, and everyone will have a better feel for the scenes. Any lines that need to be redone should be redone by the VAs. Theres no way around that, VAs will be redoing a lot of lines, just like usual. Dubs are expecially hard on voice actors, but even before that, you have to capture everything perfect. As joyfulldreams said, good voice acting can make or break an anime.
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 pm

I think that beFore the animating and voices, we should get storyboarding done. We have to do the basics before all else.
But I'm not in charge of art, so this is just a suggestion.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:07 pm

dirksies wrote:
That site does have a point...but I don't really think we're experienced enough at any of this yet to try that as of now. When we get more of the hang of animation down, we'll see about the animation-sound factor. Although, I'm not the manager, so I can't talk. XD

How did you do that to my post ? o.O
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Suggested Process and Possible Voting Options Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Oh geez, I'm sorry!!!
XD I clicked the edit button instead of the quote button. I do that all the time, but I didn't check it...(it's kinda weird being an admin...>.>Wink
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 pm

It's okay, i just thought I had posted that for a second and I was very confused, but then I assumed it was something like that
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down