Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posing references? - ACCEPTED

5 posters

Go down

Posing references? - ACCEPTED Empty Posing references?

Post by Aki11 Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Well, this idea came to me after seeing the 100 users topic by hotrod198. I realized that even though we have such a large amount of members, the majority of them aren't really contributing but instead are doing things like lurking, commenting on stuff etc. So I have a proposal to make, pardon me if my english has gone haywire, I'm currently running a fever now and struggling to think straight. For the people who wish to help but can't do anything, drawing, scripting voice acting etc Or are too busy to do so, here's a suggestion: Why not make post up reference videos for us to draw? Simple actions like recording yourself throwing something can be used as reference for us when we animate red throwing a pokeball, for example. Other actions include running, walking and all the other actions you can think of regarding how the characters move and all.

As you may know not all of us are good at drawing, and even if we are; I would like to say something. Even professional animators like ppl from pixar disney dreamworks etc use tons of references. Never attempt to imagine everything by yourself, because most of the time its not gonna work. Making reference videos for us ain't gonna take up much time, and is gonna be good in the long run when it comes to making the movements believable and everything. If you're uncomfortable with showing your face you can always take the shot in a way such that it doesn't show us your face. Or you can make references in regards to other things; like asking your dog to run and post it up as a reference video, so that we can use it for runs regarding 4 legged pokemon. Besides, anyone can do this. so why not?

If you're facing issues such as not having a video recorder or something, you can use your webcam or what not. The video quality need not be the best as long as the actions are clear cut. If you don't have any of those, its also good if you can help us search for any reference video off the net, it'll save us lots of time.

okay I'm done talking, i think>W> opinions? And yea peeps, stop lurking.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Posing references? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Posing references? - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Posing references? - ACCEPTED

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:16 pm

i have the feeling that "lurkers" aren't really here to help, just observe. I dont think that its because they CAN't help, more like they dont want to help.

Though we should give people to benefit of the doubt. Perhaps a couple of good people will stop lurking and help us.

(perhaps its time for me to try a new audition...I don't really do much. I'll try making your reference video)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Posing references? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 pm

i like this idea! Hopefully thid will get people to stop lurking Wink

And facial expressions too, right? But I guess the animator/illustrator can just do that by having a little mirror by where they are working. I remember seeing that on a clip of Disney animation behind the scenes
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Posing references? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 pm

@mrtweetums: Yea, I had a feeling some of them are just here to see how we'll fare, and most of the time expecting us to fail. But I hope its not all of them, and that those who wanna help contribute can finally have a way to do so. Or else just commenting and doing nothing else wouldn't be good for productiveness of the team.

and thanks for that!XD

@dirksies: facial expressions could be helpful. but as you said the animators could that part themselves. And people who draws anime style usually draws the face bestXD so facial expressions isn't that crucial I would say. But of course, if you aren't afraid of showing us your face, that would be good~XDD if that's the case there would be cases where we may need lip syncing too, if we ever have parts where we need them. (since most of the episode dialogues will be looping mouth animation rather than lip synching<W<)

Last edited by Aki11 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : avoid doubleposting.)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:03 pm

True, true, you have a point. =( Whenever I get stumped for a motion or pose, I try and do it myself, but it's always hard when you can only look from one viewpoint in a mirror. You can never see your profile or the back of yourself. If I still had a working webcam I'd most definitely do a bunch of reference stuff, but about a year or two ago I had to reformat my computer and I lost the installation CD for my webcam. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Posing references? - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 am

I like this idea. However, I agree with Mr.Tweetums... people really dont want to help here so we need to I guess open up to everyone? Im trying to picture myself as one of these "lurkers"... If it were me I would probably want to be welcome to audition for stuff. I don't think we told the people that they can audition for anything they want. I mean, we make things available but we haven't explained that we are trying to build our staff...
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Posing references? - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:18 pm

sorry dee I don't really get what you're saying^^;; I think we made it pretty clear that anyone can audition for anything they want in the forums already. And as for the posing reference thing. We could make this more known to people by putting it in the announcement forum? Now that you mentioned it, maybe the auditions could be announced as well? *just suggesting oh well*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Perhaps we could put it in that place...what's it called...

Dang it, this is on the tip of my tongue! Well, what I'm trying to say is to put it on the banner thing on the top that says, "Please vote for the anime title in the suggestions forum".

That thing. So "lurkers" would immediately see that they can help.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:52 pm

yep, that's from the announcement forums (i think<A<)~XD and like mentioned previously we could add in auditions there too:33
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 pm

That's the announcement forums? I thought the announcement forums were beside "suggestions" and "introductions". Forget it. What else can we let them help us do? There's gotta be something.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

I think so, but that place is only made available to admins, so I can't post there. Well for now I can only think of this, but if there's anything else, just suggest~XDD We'll probably be able to think of more once productions is underway and when problems and all will surface.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 am

Topic pretty much resolved, and since I am going on a locking frenzy, I will tack this one on.

As always, great idea Aki.

Yes, all you lurkers, please help us if you can! That said, any reference poses can be posted in the Resources forum. pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down