Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED

4 posters

Go down

VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Empty VA Auditionee Lines?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Okay, so this is an adventurous idea, but stick with me okay?

This was brought up in Silver's introduction, but I chose to drop it there and pick it up here, so his thread wouldn't be ravaged by comments about how silly I am, lulz.

I know that up until now, we've had those who were auditioning as VAs find lines in the manga that they felt were good for them, and use those to audition. While it seems a bit lazy of me to say this, sometimes that's hard to do. To add onto this, many times lines are picked with the idea that they are all diverse, but in the end are just three or four clips of the VA giving the same emotion again and again. (ex. "Pokemon Go!" can end up sounding a lot like, "What are you doing?!") =_=;

What I would like to propose, are some "mini-scripts." That is, I, along with the VA team, could pick a few scenes that we felt were diverse enough to display more than one way the character speaks, and lay those out as the "preferred lines" for auditioning that character. They wouldn't have to be the official auditioning lines or anything, but I think this would help with the aforementioned problems, in that it would provide audition-ees with ready lines, and would (hopefully) spread out the range of emotions the VA team hears from them.

I would of course write out the "mini-scripts" in the same fashion as I did the Chapter 1 VA Script (I'll finish 2 soon, I promise!!!), which would, on another level, help us to see if the VA hopeful is compatible with the scripts they will be using. pikachu

Of course, just a silly ol suggestion from lil ol Rain. <3

Last edited by RainbowMunchies on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Empty Re: VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 pm

i must say, that this is an interesting suggestion. But wouldn't it take a lot of time? You would have to go through every manga page that features this particular character and see which lines best fit the character.

Its a good idea! But considering the massive amount of characters people want to audition for, it'll take a while to do it. But considering you'll be having a lot of help, i think its totally doable!

superb suggestion! So its kinda like auditionee guidelines.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:55 pm

I like this idea83 actually shen, ezu and me were discussing about this as well but we haven't decided on it, so I didn't post it up.

But I'm concerned about this as well. The characters should be able to convey all types of emotions and still make them sound like the person in that situation.

But I think we should narrow it down to only the finalists of each character. (which for some reason, it's not being posted up=A=;; )

So the list would be:

Red:
kamuro, passerboy, dirksies

Green: whatthechuck, dabeatmaster123, and flammasher

I think we didn't really come to a conclusion for oak yet (i think), tho the temp was decided to be whatthechuck.

for all the auditions that havent been closed, i think we can let them use the lines you gave as well yeaX3
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:58 pm

@Tweetums: Yea, I see what you're saying about the time.

However, I figure at the rate we are going right now, it wouldn't be impossible (like you said) to get some good lines down for characters long before they even come into the picture.

Plus, there really isn't a difference between us having to do it, and the possible VAs eventually having to do it, besides the sheer amount of time in creating that many mini-scripts. If we could get some decent lines down that would actually help with the audition, I'd be worth it.

But all your arguments are valid Tweetums. Thank you. Very Happy

@Aki: For the most part, I figured those characters were already whittled down a bit. My idea was more of a long term one, so that all the future characters would have an idea of what they could do for us. pikachu Thank you for the praise. *preens*

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:00 pm

I think it's a good idea, and maybe we should work on it for later auditions/arcs, but it would take a lot of time and work to pull together, especially because the VA team is somewhat elusive. It's a really good idea and would definately help standardize things, but maybe it should go on the back-burner for now.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:06 pm

dirksies wrote:...but it would take a lot of time and work to pull together, especially because the VA team is somewhat elusive. It's a really good idea and would definately help standardize things, but maybe it should go on the back-burner for now.
That sounds good. Just so you know though, I was more planning on going through and finding scenes I felt would be good to script, and then presenting them to you guys. It may seem a little biased, but by scripting them out in my mind, I can effectively convey to you guys what shots contain certain emotions, and then we can all agree on the ones that work best.

I wasn't proposing extra work for anyone. X3 Not that I'm saying you were saying that I was, but just know I don't like asking more of other people than I think I should. When my ideas fly off the rails like this, I hate dragging others with me. XD

But we can leave it on the back burner for now if you'd all like. I'm just getting all antsy watching the other teams doing stuff, lulz. I should go draft out the next script. =w=;

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 pm

well, long term is fine too, but I kinda felt maybe a "final audition" is necessary, it helps us know who are the best when it comes to portraying the right emotions and everything. Besides, if a really good VA comes along and wanted to audition for the finalized role, we'll still choose him/her. Afterall, its the ability that matters, not the first come first serve issue right?

still think ya should do some VA lines for red and green too tho>< since when we really use them we'll have to stick with them. we can't have situations where we regret choosing them later when we already released the first ep and all due to bad acting in certain situations etc.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Aki11 wrote:well, long term is fine too, but I kinda felt maybe a "final audition" is necessary, it helps us know who are the best when it comes to portraying the right emotions and everything. Besides, if a really good VA comes along and wanted to audition for the finalized role, we'll still choose him/her. Afterall, its the ability that matters, not the first come first serve issue right?

still think ya should do some VA lines for red and green too tho>< since when we really use them we'll have to stick with them. we can't have situations where we regret choosing them later when we already released the first ep and all due to bad acting in certain situations etc.
I'm sorry, this is kinda confusing me lol. So are you saying if we do a new VA auditioning script that we would have to re audition?
I really don't think this is a bad idea, I'm just sorta confused. Are you suggesting sort of a call back system?
PS., Like Akii said, for all of you who missed the meeting, we narrowed down the Red finalists to Passerby, Kamuro, and Dirksies and decided on me as the temporary Green and Oak for the animatics, though for the actual anime that may change. (Though I selfishly hope not, XD...jk)

Last edited by whatthechuck3 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ...I didnt write that last part....?)
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 pm

RainbowMunchies wrote:That sounds good. Just so you know though, I was more planning on going through and finding scenes I felt would be good to script, and then presenting them to you guys. It may seem a little biased, but by scripting them out in my mind, I can effectively convey to you guys what shots contain certain emotions, and then we can all agree on the ones that work best.

I wasn't proposing extra work for anyone. X3 Not that I'm saying you were saying that I was, but just know I don't like asking more of other people than I think I should. When my ideas fly off the rails like this, I hate dragging others with me. XD

But we can leave it on the back burner for now if you'd all like. I'm just getting all antsy watching the other teams doing stuff, lulz. I should go draft out the next script. =w=;

If you want to write out some scenes you would like to see/hear, i don't think it will be an issue. As long as it doesn't detract from the work you've already got going, that could work. It would give you more scripting practice, and give the VAs more acting practice. Just so long as it isn't the main focus of what's going on, I don't see why not.

Aki11 wrote:well, long term is fine too, but I kinda felt maybe a "final audition" is necessary, it helps us know who are the best when it comes to portraying the right emotions and everything. Besides, if a really good VA comes along and wanted to audition for the finalized role, we'll still choose him/her. Afterall, its the ability that matters, not the first come first serve issue right?

Oh, I like the idea of a final audition. At least for the three finalists so they all are saying the same lines for easy comparison of acting.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 pm

whathechuck3 wrote:So are you saying if we do a new VA auditioning script that we would have to re audition?
I really don't think this is a bad idea, I'm just sorta confused. Are you suggesting sort of a call back system?
I wouldn't want to do that to you guys, that would be awful! I'd feel bad about that. >n<

I just wanted to make it a little easier for people who audition in the future, and for the VA team and everyone who has to choose. I figure we'll have a lot more people joining us as we go along, and it might be easier to have more uniformity if we could compare the same lines against each other. >A<

dirksies wrote:It would give you more scripting practice, and give the VAs more acting practice...At least for the three finalists so they all are saying the same lines for easy comparison of acting.
Good point. Very Happy And as I said above, I agree with the easy comparison thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

whathechuck3 wrote:
PS., Like Akii said, for all of you who missed the meeting, we narrowed down the Red finalists to Passerby, Kamuro, and Dirksies and decided on me as the temporary Green and Oak for the animatics, though for the actual anime that may change. (Though I selfishly hope not, XD...jk)

Well, I won't say I'm not, but its just a suggestion. Like if a real good VA comes by and he or she is perfect for that role that already closed, should we deny him/her the chance? I think for now we could decide on the temp voices, and since it would be some time till the final animation(intro) is done, we could still open our doors to the potential VAs till then?

I'm sorry I keep contradicting myself... It's just that everytime after a decision is made I think about the pros and cons of the situation, in which it often leads to new ideas on how to improve the system. We all learn by trial and error, do we not? *sheepish grin**shot*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:12 am

..? aki, you repeated what chuck said? O_O

well, i like this idea ^^ it will improve the system too. and if you want to do it, rain, go ahead. it'll take a long time to complete the first episode, so i dont think you should rush the script for episode 2.

so if rain wants to do it, it's better to start with the RGB characters first ^^ of course you can get help from other VAs to choose the lines etc.

so i think it will help the the auditions a lot. we can post in the guidelines for VA audition. actually i've thought about this before, and wanted to ask kamuro since she's the leader, but it'll be too much work for her >w> but if a team does it, the work will be lesser. : D

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:31 am

Actually, I didn't write any of that....somehow it just showed up on my reply....creepy :O

But I still am confused...so will people who've already auditioned (like me and Dirksies) have to re audition with the new miniscript?
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest VA Auditionee Lines? - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 am

... i think you should re-audition. but you dont have to post a new audition thread or anything. only for the voting stage. (that decides the permanent cast) so everyone after this will use the same lines, including new auditions. the new auditionees can use their audition recordings directly for voting stage. something like that? sorry if it's hard to understand. :/

and i think aki pressed the edit button on your post instead of quote? xD she's a mod so that's possible. ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:35 pm

sorrrrryyy;A; I think I edited the post wrongly>A> The quote option wasn't working for some reason for my friend's connection and i had to manually quote it>A> I think it's around there that I confused chuck's comment with mine and edited chuck's instead of my comment>A>;;;

otl...

and.. yea maybe a final audition to decide who's the most suitable one, voice wise, acting wise.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:27 pm

so, yeah should we all approve the miniscript suggestion already? : D please note that all new auditions should use the miniscript too.
rain, the management team and the voice team can discuss about it. a meeting maybe? C:

careful, aki. you're a forum ghost now. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 pm

pikachu I'd be willing to attend a meeting. >w< The only thing I'd like to say about that is, it isn't like I have any specific lines picked out just yet. Depending on the date of the meeting, I can come up with a few examples, but it's going to be sort of a "as we go along" thing if it happens, lulz.

Glad my suggestion is helpful. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 pm

you can organise the meeting too, rain. pikachu and it's not necessary to have the lines picked out for the meeting. you can discuss what lines to use with others. ^^ ...that snorlax is not there for show only you now. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 pm

;w; you're so kind ezu.

my snorlax... yea, sometimes I forget about it. ^w^;

okay, I'll try my hand at organizing a meeting. pikachu

It probably won't be til around the middle/end of next week though, cuz I have a busy weekend ahead--the description of this thread is a liiiiiie as far as this/next week goes; I realized this as soon as I hit send. XD ;n;

Til then, others can feel free to bring me lines that they feel are diverse, or pick some to present at the meeting, and I can try out mini-scripting them and see how everyone likes em. Very Happy
(Though this should prolly go in another section, lulz XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:00 pm

ufufu, yayness, im a ghost now>W> my comments randomly appear in other people's message, how intriguing>W>*shotadeadplz, ohwait,imalreadydeadsinceimaghost*

anyway, since this suggestion is approved, wanna lock?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 pm

i'm kind? : D haha just doing my job i guess? xD

yeah, lock~ >w> further discussion about this goes to script discussion~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content