Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound Effects

+12
videofan9864
Crystal
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Razor-Leaf
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
Skotein
whatthechuck3
Mrtweetums
Marley
Aki11
Supernova
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sound Effects - Page 2 Empty Re: Sound Effects

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon May 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Skotein, Please, please do that. As much as everyone here is trying to help, we can only do so much with sound effects we find. As close as the sounds can get, they need to be a certain way or they just won't sound right. We need a semi-professional to help us here, and Stokein looks to be the man.

(Seriously, Stok, are you sure you aren't the embodiment of God? Or maybe all of the Greek muses combined? If you keep showing off your skills I am going to have to build a creepy worship-stalker shrine for you. >.>; )
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotein Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:Skotein, Please, please do that. As much as everyone here is trying to help, we can only do so much with sound effects we find. As close as the sounds can get, they need to be a certain way or they just won't sound right. We need a semi-professional to help us here, and Stokein looks to be the man.

(Seriously, Stok, are you sure you aren't the embodiment of God? Or maybe all of the Greek muses combined? If you keep showing off your skills I am going to have to build a creepy worship-stalker shrine for you. >.>; )

Okay, this is going to sound really bizarre, but I have a horrible fear of being bored. I'm absolutely terrified of the fact that at any minute, I could just be sitting there and have NOTHING to do. I'm so paranoid that I'm wasting my life away that I try to do everything that I love and enjoy all the time...minus schoolwork, of course. Razz I have to admit that I've been kind of miserable the last few days, though...this project got me way too excited and I stayed up until four looking at everything in the forum. XP

I would be more than happy to do it. Very Happy When each animation is fully sequenced (whether before or after coloring + details is up to you) and the voice acting is complete, I just need someone to send me a copy of the animation along with all of the audio files for the voices so I can sonically place them in their correct environment along with the rest of the sounds.
Skotein
Skotein
Audio Team
Audio Team

Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

http://www.pokemonsymphony.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 am

skotein, you so speak my language!XDDD like you, I'm also someone who's afraid of wasting my life away and I felt that there is something meaningful in life for me to accomplish. That's why I can't stand it when I've got nothing to do either. (and lol, when i first joined this project, i stayed up till 4am too, and a few other times as well when I was doing the animation.>W>) tho, I've been so uptight at times that i've been told to relax a bit by joy and ezu and some othersXDD (and that applies to real life too, my friends keep telling me to relax a little...<W<;; ).

and anyway, I was thinking of the same thing in regards to passing the animation to you through skype so that you can compile the sound. Also, in addition to that, hope you and the music team could also produce some music in regards to episode 1, other than main tune for pallet town, we would also need battle music, (if ya saw the ep 1 storyboards there's this short part where red is capturing nidorino. was thinking like a remixed/orchestrated of the battle scene music from the games that is maybe loopable at some parts so that it can be lengthened shortened accordingly to the battle length. well, maybe not a must as long as it doesn't sound awkward to cut it off at parts, like crossfading another tune etc.)and also the after capture short tune from the games etc.

tho, animatics for episode 1 wise, I would still need some rough sound effects and osts in order to sync everything together and get the pacing right. I could do a rough version and base on it you can correct all the stuff you deem fit in regards to the music. (the animation for the intro is more or less done, so pacing is generally fixed as well so I'll hand it to you when we meet on skypeC: )
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotein Tue May 11, 2010 1:29 am

But we can't relax!!! We have SO MUCH to do with our lives! D8 We are young!

I'm really looking forward to working with the rest of the music team. I talked to Joy over Skype a little bit ago and we were thinking about going for a Yuki Kajiura-esque soundtrack, which would blend elements of rock and orchestra together. I definitely have the orchestral elements, so I'm thinking that the rest of the music team and I can go back and forth with creating themes and pieces with our individual arsenals, and then having the other add their own touches to them after the initial stage of composition.

I'm not sure about the rest of the music team (since no one from the dept. has even heard of me yet =_='), but Joy and I also discussed the possibility of coming up with as original a soundtrack as possible to make it clear that the story of PokéSpe deviates from the rest of the Pokémon franchise in terms of style and overall depth. That's not to say some pieces wouldn't be inspired by their counterparts in the games, but we do want to set this show apart from the general perception of Pokémon, and that can be done with music.

Oh, okay. So then stellar-rose can keep compiling all the rough sounds for you guys to use (as well as ones that I'll supplement so you have all the items on your list marked off), and later, I'll just go in and correct it? Sounds good to me. Smile
Skotein
Skotein
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue May 11, 2010 6:53 am

Actually, for the opening scene, I was thinking that a song similar to the 'to viridian city' in simplicity, but much slower in pace, would best go with the it. You know, just a piece of music with only one or two instruments. It's not an actiony scene; it's a bunch of kids failing at pokemon. XDD It should have a lighthearted tone but not be completely kiddish. I just played the original midi over the scene and it fits pretty well. ;3
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 am

i dun refer to the opening scene joy, i meant the actual part where red starts capturing nidorino, from the point where he released poli and all, we can't have calm and peaceful music playing during thatXD; but for the intro, im okay with having more slow paced music and all, since like watcha said, buncha kids failing at pokemonXDD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotein Tue May 11, 2010 9:41 am

Joy: Well, and again, I want to stress Kajiura-esque music, but not exactly like her. I don't have fantastic solo instrumentalists, so I'll have a few parts with small sections of players, but probably not more than three or four parts. I'm just going to do my best to accent the animation; whatever works without overwhelming the dialogue will be my finished product.
Skotein
Skotein
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue May 11, 2010 1:54 pm

Oh, for THAT? then yeah, totally, less light and happy music. But not entirely serious either or full-throttle. We should only use loud and fast-paced and intense music when we want the audience to be completely enraptured by the action.

Gaaah, I wish I was better with music. I know what to think and how to understand but I don't know the right words or how to explain!!
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotein Tue May 11, 2010 3:46 pm

It's all right. xD *pat* Just let me handle the music and you can give me feedback on it later~
Skotein
Skotein
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 am

Hey, y'know the rival theme from the games? Could we use that too?
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:33 am

Here are a few sound effects sites I go to. All the sound effects on these site are Royalty Free.
http://www.freesound.org/index.php
http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/
http://www.stonewashed.net/sfx.html
http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/pir/PIRsfx.shtml

It one is a sound effects site but it has alot of cool effects that we could used.
http://www.thecliparchive.com/index.php
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:24 am

I have the pokéball opening sound effect. I got it from some site for ringtones and then uploaded it to megaupload.
Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7H6DVVTE

I hope it works Smile
Crystal
Crystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:21 am

Awesome Pokeball sound effect, Crystal. Are there other good sound effects like that on the site you found?

Oh and btw I'm Guest (not the Animator but the one who started the topic and has no link, just name in black bold text), if that makes any sense pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Well, I did find the sound effect for a pokémon being healed at a Pokémon Center.
Megaupload Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OMJN6K2R

And incase if you want to do the "Who's that Pokémon?!" bit here's the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KVVBESGY

Everything else pokémon related on the site is music from the Pokémon series, and sound effects of pokemon cries.
Crystal
Crystal

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:58 am

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but does the group still need sound effects by chance?
http://www.sounddogs.com/
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:13 am

sound effects are always needed~ and it's hard to find the right ones really. Now that skotein's not helping anymore it's gotten even harder to get sound effects, think we've put it aside for the time being... But it'll be great if we can get a sfx artist again...

@vidfan: The site seems to require payment for the sounds?Oo
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by john Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:00 am

Skotein has left the team?

Perhaps you guys can check out freesound.com?

http://www.freesound.org/whatIsFreesound.php

john

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Aki11 wrote:sound effects are always needed~ and it's hard to find the right ones really. Now that skotein's not helping anymore it's gotten even harder to get sound effects, think we've put it aside for the time being... But it'll be great if we can get a sfx artist again...

@vidfan: The site seems to require payment for the sounds?Oo

I'm sorry for the very late reply. Anyways about that site, the friend I gave it to said that in order to get it for free you quote
just copy the URL sound on your Windows MP3 were it says "open from URL" and then Save xD

She says she gets it for free so maybe that works.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by neovic Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

Guest wrote:Stay on topic people! The sound effects we need came be found here.

But, since I'm a nice person, I'll post the list here:

NEEDED CHP 1 SFX:

FOOTSTEPS
*RUNNING FOOTSTEPS ON GRASS*
*MULTIPLE HARD RUNNING FOOTSTEPS IN GRASS*
* NORMAL SPEED FOOTSTEPS ON THE GRASS*
*MULTIPLE NORMAL SPEED FOOTSTEPS IN GRASS*
*SLOW FOOTSTEPS ON GRASS*
*SINGLE LOUD FOOTSTEP ON GRASS*
*FEET LANDING IN GRASS*
*NORMAL SPEED FOOTSTEPS ON ROCKY SOIL*

POKEBALL RELATED
*FWISH AS POKEBALL RETURNS TO GREEN*
*TCH OF RED PICKING UP POKEBALL*
*POKEBALL LANDING IN GRASS*
*HOLLOW THUNK AS POKEBALL HITS NIDORINO*
*HOLLOW CLACK ON GRASS OF EMPTY POKEBALL HITTING GROUND*
*DOZENS OF CLATTERINGS ON GRASS AS RED DROPS ALL THE EMPTY POKEBALLS*
*KE-CHAA OF POKEBALL OPENING*
*CLICK OF REMOVING A POKEBALL FROM BELT*
*FWISH OF POKEBALL SPINNING IN AIR*
*POOF OF SMOKE ESCAPING POKEBALL*
*POOF AS NIDORINO DISSAPEARS IN THE SMOKE OF THE POKEBALL*
*HIGH BEEP OF POKEBALL*
*ZUUP AS CHARMANDER IS SUCKED INTO BALL*

ATTACK RELATED
*BURST, THEN PULSING OF WATER – POLI’S WATER GUN ATTACK*
*SPLASHING WATER HITTING SOLID SURFACE*
*PWHOOSH OF WATER BEING REFLECTED*
*FLAMETHROWER-ESQUE SOUND OF CHARMANDER’S EMBER ATTACK*
*SOUND OF MEW’S REFELCTION BARRIER*

MISC.
*EXCITED CHATTERING OF CHILDREN*
*SOUNDS OF NATURE (i.e .chirping, wind, leaves swishing, etc.)*
*THUD OF FABRIC KNOCKING TOGETHER –RED RUNNING INTO ROCKET GRUNT 1*
*SOUND OF TALL GRASS RUSTLING*
*WHOOSH OF AIR AS MEW FLIES BY*
*FIRE HITTING THE GRASS AND BURNING GROUND*
*RUSTLING OF BUSHES*
*TAK OF POKEBALL HITTING CHARMANDER*
*CRASH OF BUSHES AND TWIGS AS RED POPS OUT*
*DRAGGING OF POLI’S BODY AGAINST DIRT AND GRASS*
*RUSTLE OF LEAVES*
*THUD OF RED’S KNEES HITTING GRASS AND SOIL*

some of these are going to be difficult/downright impossible to make with normal everyday things (mew's reflection barrier comes to mind), but feel free to try.

hi, can i dowload this?
i'll appreciate so much...
thanks before

neovic

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Can you download the list? Uh....sure. I'm not sure why you just want the list of sounds effects...but go for it
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Sound Effects - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:31 am

Hi, I'm sorry for such an out of the blue comment over here; I have quite a few high quality royalty free sound effects I've gotten through school; (I took them in the name of assignments, but fact is I took them for this project.) I'll post some of them up; but there's actually 100+gb worth of sounds (and more in my school sound library since my hard drive ain't got enough space), so if there needs to be more, I'll try to find them.

Least I could do in my inactive state right now./:

Also, if anyone can update me on what's going on, either here or on skype, it'll be really appreciated^^; I can't express how sorry I am for being inactive around here, but even though I'm having a 2 weeks break right now; I'm currently having a 30 page comic project with a magazine and my final year project. Sad to say I still can't do much; but if there's any need for organization or things to help around, I will; or at least try to. One thing for sure, I will never give up on this project, no matter how long of a hiatus I'm in.

I'm having stomach flu right now, so while I'm at home recuperating, I'll try to do something productive around here and helpC: (hope you guys don't find me a nuisance^^; )

*goes posting the sounds in staff forum*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Sound Effects - Page 2 Empty Help

Post by DanialAizat Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 am

how can i download the sfx files? please and thank you

DanialAizat

Back to top Go down