Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What else should do we need to update?

+10
Red_the_knight
Hotrod198
TheViolentTomboy
Razor-Leaf
Ama-chan
Aki11
Mrtweetums
whatthechuck3
Nol
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What else should do we need to update? Empty What else should do we need to update?

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:58 pm

After see TheStrawberryCultKing thread on pokemon gender differences it's got me thinking. What else should we update? I want this to be the best adaptation that we can make. There are things in the manga that itself stop using because it was outdated like the like the smokey poof from the pokeballs. I want the the poof sound for the pokeball but they stop using the smoke in the manga and there maybe a few other thing we need to update as will.

I don't think we to update characters design unless it's too much like chibi. I can see most of the characters dressing the way they are even in today world.

One of the thing I think we need to update is the pokeballs effect. I do think we should use the poof sound effects but not the smokey effect. There is a point in the manga some time afher the yellow arc where they stop the smokey effect and just had the pokemon came out with no effect. I think we should had the new pokeballs effect more like the pokemon stadium games and current games. Where it's like a flash light or a plasma.

What else should do we need to update? Pokemon_adventures_v23_c270_018

If there something else that you guy think we should list it.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team What else should do we need to update? Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

What else should do we need to update? Empty Re: What else should do we need to update?

Post by Nol Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey, maybe for the RGB/Y and GSC chapters, have the pokeballs split into two parts and have a smokey like in the GSC games? And then for the chapters after that make the pokeball have a hinge at the back and have a more shiny effect?

Because the original design for the pokeball was supposed to have it be split apart from the top and bottom, and have smoke out of it. Like in this picture:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Rival_artwork.png

But then from the Advance games onward, they changed the effect to be more flashier, and the pokeball was connected in the back like in the anime.

So to reflect that, maybe have smoke and stuff for RGB-GSC, and then from RS onwards update the effect? It wouldn't be inconsistent, it would just be like that there were "advancements in technology", so that the pokeballs work differently in later chapters.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team What else should do we need to update? Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

What else should do we need to update? Empty Re: What else should do we need to update?

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Well I kinda like the retroness of the smokey effect, personally. In my mind that was one of the cool things that set the manga apart from the anime and tied it closer to the (original) games. The only reason that it was changed to a light effect, like nol said, was to tie it to the anime, which I think was a dumb decision...I say we rebel!!!! Razz
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Huh, I thought this already was discussed?

Anyways, I think they should just stick to smoke at the first arcs, (because sometimes the smoke is vital to some scenes, just read some of the chapters), but in frlg, it should turn to light. (just to show the difference in technology from the first and second gen to the third gen. Makes it seem more technology driven.)

Nah, it can't be because of the anime. I'm pretty sure the manga creators try their best to distinguish themselves from the anime.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm all for the smokey-ness. I always thought the whole light thing was odd, though it made a bit more sense. For some reason the light made it seem more like they were being transferred to energy (which is what was happening) and the smoke makes it seem more like they're magically appearing. >>;

But I still support the smoke cuz I like how it looks better, even if it makes less sense.

Was it already discussed Tweet? If so... uh... well it's good to reiterate things I suppose. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 pm

Yeah, obviously if it was discussed its topic was hard to find, lol. (and I meant that the games changed it to light to match the anime tweet XD.) But anywho...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 pm

I dunno, I think it was discussed in a previous thread, but not on a Thread specifically discussing this.

It's just that the smoke helps keep in the tension and drama in the scene. Like chapter 89. (probably not the greatest example, but I can't think of any right now...I'll get back to you on that.)

wtc: whoops, my bad! But I see what you mean now.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:27 pm

I see what you guys mean but can we have the pokeball smoke in differents like reds or blues.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 am

We already discussed about this before.. >w> But I can't remember where. In a meeting, actually. Something like a combination of smoke and light. I think Aki can remember.

Oh yeah, something like, pokeball hit something (eg. ground) and 'poof~!', smokes out~

So, um, we'll use smokes i think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:00 am

yea, i think it was in the old meeting thread, something like the smoke in the banner on top right? (tho now that I think about it, opaque smoke would be best to reduce the tediousness of some animations<W<; )
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 am

As RainbowMunchie said, the light does make more sense, but the smoke is an integral part of the manga. I prefer the smoke, personally, but yes, we should change it around RSE/FRLG to keep up with the manga and games, and also to show the changes in tech. I like the idea of colored smoke, just for the visual appeal, but I think it should be white or opaque, it would be easier and probably make more sense. Now special balls might be up for more discussion, though...

Will Kurts balls have the smoke? Personally, they are low-tech balls, so I'd say yes, but I'm not sure... The safari balls and such, those too... And what about the high-tech master ball Blaine uses...
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sun May 09, 2010 5:59 am

Hey, If the pokballs break apart, how do they get the pokemon back in?
It's like trying to jam a bear inside a coconut.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon May 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Ama: that's a good discussion idea. I think other types of pokeballs DO need to be discussed.

Razor: the balls break apart?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm

In gen 1 the balls split apart, and I think gen 2 as well.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Rival_artwork.png

Look at the pokeballs behind Charmander and in front of Red's feet.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm

...then...how do you get them back in?

And another thing that confuses me (but not that important), is that in a pokemon battle in the manga, when one of the trainers breaks another trainer's pokeballs, (stating that "haha! Now you can't get the rest of your pokemon team out!") after the battle, how do they get them out again?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon May 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Nol here the real questions about the pokeballs is.
How do they come back togeter and how do the pokemon get them back in the pokeballs?

I say we don't have the pokeball break apart because the question how do they come back togeter and how do the pokemon get them back in the pokeballs.

Having pokeballs with hinges inside seem better and make more sicens to me.

Other pokeballs do need to be discussed. The manga said that Gym Leaders are provided with Great Ball by the Pokémon Association.
https://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/SaiturtlesninjaNX/Pokemon%20facts/?action=view&t=13_098.jpg

Having the Masterball effect be like the anime sound to be cool to me and it will show advancements in technology.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Mon May 17, 2010 5:04 pm

You close it by putting it back together. Like, putting the top half back on the bottom half. >_>

The pokemon is returned to the ball after the two pieces are put back together, with the returning process working similarly to the recent pokeballs that have a hinge.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon May 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Well, I guess that makes sense. That didn't occur to me...Though I do kinda like sai's hinges idea better. But they both sound good.

Maybe it could be like, seperate halves in rgb, and hinges in (yellow and/or GSC) I dunno.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Mon May 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Which is what I suggested in my first post, although I guess it wasn't very clear. >_> So I was thinking of having the ball split into two parts up 'til around GSC, and then switch to a hinge later to reflect technological innovations.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon May 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Oh, I'm sorry about that nol! (maybe I didn't read your post very clearly, really sorry 'bout that!)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon May 17, 2010 6:28 pm

There are holes in having the pokeballs seperate half theory. There is no evidence in the the manga that balls seperate half but there are evidence show that the balls have hinges.

Putting the pokeball back together by HAND isn't how they did it the manga. Thinking scientifically having the trainer put the pokeball back together by hand will just leve too many problems.

The only possible way the pokeball when it's break apart and put back together like you said is with manget and technology specking by the technology advancements thing we are going with that dosn'n make sense.

Having the pokeballs seperate half will make least sense when catch wild pokemon. First the pokemon have too shrink on it's own and then the trainer have too catch pokemon by hand.

The switch to a hinge seem to be more of a downgrade then a upgrade. If they have technology for the pokeballs to seperate apart and put itself back together why did they switch. Pokeball seperate apart seem to be advance then the hinge.

If we do it kinda like what the anime done at least we know what to do. And the don't seperate like that in the manga.

Think about it.

The hinges idea is better for all pokeballs or we go with what they did in the manga and don't show the pokemon seperating and yes the ball did not seperate in the manga.

http://www.onemanga.com/Pokemon_Special/2/03/
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Mon May 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Honestly, the splitting idea made total sense to me. Best example I can think of is when you capture a pokemon in the GSC games. I mean, it works the same as a hinged ball, just that the bottom part would come off and land on the ground, and it would land straight because it's weighted in the center. And it's not like putting a pokeball back together would be so awkward either, it'd be just like the old Kinder Surprise toy containers (although I think they changed those to have a hinge too lol).

But I guess hinged is just more convenient to animate/more what people are used to, etc. Most of the time in the manga you don't even see the pokeball open up anyway, it's just a poof of smoke and the pokemon shows up. But I just re-read and saw that even the manga used hinged designs early on too, so whatever, just ignore the splitting idea.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheViolentTomboy Mon May 17, 2010 8:16 pm

One thing that always confused me about PokeSpe's pokeballs are how do pokemon get called back? When a pokemon is called, The ball's thrown, but unlike the anime, they don't fly back to the trainer. When it's called back, I'm not sure if the trainer threw the ball again and sometimes it looks like the ball came under from the pokemon.

I do remember with crystal that when her buttons got wrecked, she had to go somewhere to get them fixed.
TheViolentTomboy
TheViolentTomboy

What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon May 17, 2010 8:38 pm

On that's a good question. I don't know it's confused me too. I don't think it from under the pokemon. There not alot of evidence on how the trainer called back into the pokeball. For all know they may just put of the ball and threw again to returned it by the look of things. I understand on how the pokeball can come back after being threw.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Mon May 24, 2010 10:04 am

Here's my artist's impression..
What else should do we need to update? Sadlysweet-1224562_850_603
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest What else should do we need to update? Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next