Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What else should do we need to update?

+10
Red_the_knight
Hotrod198
TheViolentTomboy
Razor-Leaf
Ama-chan
Aki11
Mrtweetums
whatthechuck3
Nol
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Empty Re: What else should do we need to update?

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am

fwah! XD

good point Razor. it might be difficult to show something like that... X3

Back to top Go down

What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Empty Re: What else should do we need to update?

Post by Aki11 Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 am

I think the pokeball shouldn't split. I think the author themselves have trouble visualizing how that works, that's why they didn't illustrate it in the manga. I think it should just go with a hinge, after release of the pokemon it will bounce back to the trainer's hand, when returning the trainer would have to rethrow the pokeball and the pokeball will then return back to the trainer's hand again.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 am

Aki11 wrote:
I think the pokeball shouldn't split. I think the author themselves have trouble visualizing how that works, that's why they didn't illustrate it in the manga. I think it should just go with a hinge, after release of the pokemon it will bounce back to the trainer's hand, when returning the trainer would have to rethrow the pokeball and the pokeball will then return back to the trainer's hand again.
Aki11 Good point.

There is little to no evidence in the manga show the splitting in half. However there is evidence showing the pokeball have hinged.

Nol wrote:
But I guess hinged is just more convenient to animate/more what people are used to, etc. Most of the time in the manga you don't even see the pokeball open up anyway, it's just a poof of smoke and the pokemon shows up. But I just re-read and saw that even the manga used hinged designs early on too, so whatever, just ignore the splitting idea.

Scientifically specking it look like the people in the manga don't have the level of technology to do something like that. In the pokemon anime they do have that level of technology needed for the seperate apart and put itself back together. If they have technology for the pokeballs to seperate apart and put itself back together why did they switch. Pokeball seperate apart seem to be more advance then have the pokeball with hinges. The switch to a pokeball with hinge seem to be more of a downgrade then a upgrade.

I see the pokeball working the same way as a GhostBuster ghost Trap. The smoke can be many differents thing.

Razor your pic only show way it's not a good idea to have the pokeballs seperate apart .

We shouldn't have the pokeball split, It's not a good idea, We should just go with a hinges.

I got a few theory on how the pokeball can works.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Mon May 24, 2010 11:37 am

XD at that pic.

I agree with the hinged idea now, but I'm still wondering how you guys are having such a hard time imagining split pokeballs. >_>

How is it any different than a hinged ball?
What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Sadlysweet1224562850603

And how is it so hard to put it back together before returning a poke? >_>
What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 36628883

Still, just go with the hinged idea. It's not even a big deal. >_>

@Sai
If anything, split balls are more primitive because they're not as convenient as hinged. I wasn't thinking some high-tech computer that makes the ball move on its own to go back together, I was thinking as simple as snap on, snap off. >_>
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Mon May 24, 2010 12:04 pm

The problem with that is that even in the awesome world of pokemon, there is someone like me.
And someone like me would lose half the ball.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon May 24, 2010 2:24 pm

My theory is a little more compucaded it's going to take me about a week to write it all down. It will go in not just how the pokeball work but as in how it evolve.

Here just the basic theory.

I think the pokeball trigger the pokemon own natural ability to shrink and used electromagnetic field to catch it. When the pokemon is shrinkly there is EM field coming from it that will help pull it into the ball. The smoke is just electricly charge vapour.

[img]What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Untitl10[/img]
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon May 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Well, I don't think we have to explain the science of the pokeball...

Just how the mechanism works, not the science of it...

...though, it is an interesting theory though! (but wouldn't electric pokemon throw the whole thing outta whack? (like magnemmite and magneton who use electromagnetic fields to move around) And wouldn't the pokemon's electromagnetic charge usually be neutral?)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 pm

um............it's a cartoon project, we can just cut out the ball bits.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon May 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Tweetums I didn't explain the hold theory. I just explain the basic theory and your rigth we don't need to explain how the pokeball work but I'm going to anyhow just for fun.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Mon May 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Hmmm the theory of the Pokeball.. interesting...

I believe when the pokeball opens, the beam zaps the pokemon, breaking them up into atoms. The atoms are absorbed into the pokeball where the atoms recreate the pokemon but only smaller.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Mon May 24, 2010 6:48 pm

I've read the tricks of how a Pokeball works, and there are smokes of capturing and releasing. In the anime, it was flash. Go with the smoke, and the Pokemon seen inside the Poke ball.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon May 24, 2010 7:12 pm

We are going with pokeball with hinges, the smokey effect and the transparent top.

I think it will be cool if the smoke will sound a little staticey.

Here's the newese part of my pokeball theory. It is not Finish yet. I'm just making these pokeball theory for fun.

p.s.
The theory will come up with how the transparent top work too.

Pokeball are build in 3 to 5 layers but hollow inside.

The basic theory behind the pokeball is the pokeball trigger the pokemon own natural ability to shrink and used electromagnetic field to catch it. When the pokémon is shrinkly the pokémon is emitting a type of energy that will help pull it into the ball. The smoke is just electricly charge water vapour being charge from the energy from the ball.

All pokémon have a similar genetic and cellular structure there for they must considered be to be single species and also making all the know species of pokémon really to be subspecies. One of the abilitys that all pokémon share is the natural ability to compress there atoms (aka shrinking) those the name Pocket Monsters. Pokémon don't shrink in the wild but this shrinking can be artificialy trigger. It is possible that pokémon may have lost this ability to shrink on there own do the fact that there not shrinking in the wild as much as they in generations ago.

As we all know the Apricorn pokeball could be the very first pokeballs. In side the nut like apricorn there is a special sap like fluid when crystalize can catch pokemon. This substances will react to pokemon natural ability to shrink because this substances is emitting a special type of energy that's trigger the part of all pokemon cellular structure that make the shrink.

Over time Scientist will discover that artificialy make this substances
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Dude, Sai, that's really involved and interesting. It would be nice if the actual writers of pokemon put that much thought into it. XDDD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorE Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:07 pm

I've had a Pokéball Theory of my own for a while now. It even manages to explain evolution and certain attacks. Unfortunately, though...it only works in the anime. However, I will outline it here, and perhaps propose a few revisions/solutions:
My theory is somewhat similar to Sai's, but involves Einstein's energy/mass equations instead of EM fields. We all know Pokémon evolve, and perhaps less obvious but more confusing, they seem to be able to generate attacks they shouldn't, a good example being water gun type attacks...how does a Pokémon generate that much water? I determined that the answer must lie in Einstein's energy/mass theories, which tell us that energy and mass are essentially the same thing, and can be converted into each other. However, there is one problem: the equation is E=mc^2, meaning a HUGE amount of energy is equivalent only a small amount of mass. In order for a Pokémon to generate the amount of mass involved in attacks or evolution, they would need to store something like 100,000s of thousands of Atomic bombs worth of energy in them. So how do we get around this problem? Simple. I propose the Pokémon Universe has an entirely different set of physical laws than our own, and the equation is closer to the value E=m
Taking this a step further, we can then define a Pokémon as a creature able to naturally convert energy into matter and back again. Doing this they can store energy in their bodies for evolution and attacks, and in reasonable amounts. So then, Pokéball is device that doesn't store a Pokémon under the mere power of technology, but, like Sai's theory, utilizes a Pokémon's natural abilities to do the work for it, and stores a Pokémon as pure energy...

The biggest flaw with that theory is that having an equilivilent energy/mass exchange rate causes logic problems...mainly something that has more energy will have noticably more mass on everyday scales, like a hot cup of tea will have noticably more mass than a cold one.

And in terms of the Pokémon Special Universe, it's not perfect, because in the anime the Pokémon stored in the Pokéball has no visible form, but you can see it (and thus it has mass) in the Pokémon Special Universe...so I don't know...perhaps the easiest way to solve this dilemma would to simply combine Sai's and my theories somehow.

And yes I know we're taking this WAAYYYY to seriously...it's more fun that way.
(I also wrote SO MUCH)

ProfessorE

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Interesting Theory
But I disagreed with Pokémon Universe has an entirely different set laws of physicals than our own. If the big bang and how all the atomic was compress into one spot and how's know small it was.

If we go with this theory or somewhat of a similar theory on where pokemon came from that will selve it.

What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 N_080601_1
What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 N_080601_2
What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 N_080601_3
What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 N_080601_4

I didn't explan my hold theory yet.

Lets said there are 3 categories of pokeball all in the same universe Full transparent balls (the kind in the first pokemon manga), hybrid ball which one part is transparent (these are ones from this manga) and not transparent balls (the one for the anime). Don't forget I said pokeball are made in layers. I need to make a pic showing the pokeball layers.

The apricorn special sap like fluid when crystalize or pokecrystal unless someone can think of a better name for it do 3 things. 1 is trigger the pokemon ability to shrink 2 it's maintain EM fields coming for the pokemon in the shrunken state kinda of like how magnetic fields do for a warp core to maintain the energy inside the reactor. 3 The pokemon bio-signature is imprinted in the pokecrystal crystalize structure. That explan on how the pokemon are bonded to one pokeball. These 3 things can happen naturaly.

They can also synthesize the same type of liquid found in electric pokémon to make the pokecrystal stronger. So it will take less energy to keep the pokemon inside the ball. Because of the most of what keepping the pokemon inside the ball is it's own energy being reflected back at it. When the pokemon is release is grow back to normal. If you think about it like that will take less energy then will think.

The smoke we see when the pokemon is release isn't smoke it's more like electricly charge smog. There will be a little bit of stasisey sound but not much.

I like to combine things from all pokemon main to make something that make since.

@ProfessorE
We should combine are 2 theorys somehow.

Last edited by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Isn't that equation applicable to the energy binding the nucleus of an atom or something or other? Actualy, I didn;t really get your theory anyway (because it's late).

Since people are throwing out pokéball theories:

the pokeball releases smoke or a beam of optical radiation which envelops the target. The smoke/EM then scans the pokemon, forming data on the exact structure of the pokemon. It also breaks down the pokemon on an atomic level and transfers the data dn atoms back to the ball. Here, the data is read by the pokeball and the atoms hyper-compacted to fit into a small space. The pokemon is reconstituted on the interior on a smaller scale and 'wired up' by the charged atmosphere of the ball to an electronic brain based off the data gathered, which, in combination with the micro-brain of the compacted pokemon, allows the pokemon to think at its usual capacity. When the pokemon is sent out, the atoms are conveyed by the smoke or EM to the outside where they are reconstituted back to the original size based on the collected information. Note that healing machines essentially work by tampering with this information. Which is evil. Oh, and natural healing still occurs on the pokemon, and the pokeball's programming alters the data on the full-scale pokemon to be reproduced based upon this.

Basically, when pokemon don't want to be there, they can try and break out in their minaturised form. If the pokeball is forced open, the result is the same in terms of the pokemon's reconstitution. both 'natural' pokeballs made of apricorns and high-tech pokeballs will not break and therefore become incapable of reproducing the pokemon because both are designed to open at the hinge rather than have their computer/apricorn equivalent damaged so that trainers can attempt to catch the pokemon once more.

I guess that makes sense? Might have some holes in it since I thought it up on the spot :p

edit: and this is a good time to point out we're going well off topic. Let's be good D:

Supernova
Staff

Script Team What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:26 pm

@Supernova
There alot of holes in your theory. As soon as you brouht data you just toss you theory out the window. My theory is base on it's more of the pokemon own natural ability that how it get captur. You also need to keep in mind the pokeballs been around for hunders of years before computers.

Keep in mind EM fields are natural and pokemon are not digimon. We are coming up with a working theory for this manga.

We got off topic alot time ago in this theard.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorE Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Sai, first, I don't understand how the Pokémon Universe can't have different physical laws from ours...if it is a completely seperate universe (this, I think, is a reasonable assumption) it could have any set of physical laws possible, so long as they do not directly inhibit the formation of atoms, stars, planets, life, etc.
Second, that was a really fascinating manga strip you found, and while I found the author's theory on the creation of Pokémon fascinating, I don't see what it has to do with the task at hand (though it certainly merits its own disscusion)
Thirdly, I'm still a bit hazy on the EM field portion of your theory. Tell me if I got it right, in a nutshell:
So the crystal/fluid natural to apricorns and synthesized in laboratories produces the EM field itself, and projects it outward as a containment mechanism for the shrunken Pokémon? I don't understand how it triggers the shrinking mechanism in the Pokémon though...perhaps my theory could be used to cover this?
And I can't believe we overlooked this, but Pokémon DO have the ability to shrink naturally! Specifically, the Move Minimize, more specifically, Blue's Clefable during the Yellow arc when she and Sabrina are battling Lorelei. There might be other places too, but I'm not sure.
Also, you've mentioned layers several times, but I don't see any specific place they fit into your theories.

ProfessorE

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:56 pm

@ProfessorE

1. I said that because it's not impossible.

2. Remeber with I said that all pokémon have a similar genetic and cellular structure there for they must considered be to be single species and also making all the know species of pokémon really to be subspecies. If all pokemon are descend for the same pokemon it make sense if they have similar abilitys.

3. I said EM field because I don't what to call it. All I know is it's some type of energy field.
You more or loss got. It's triggers the shrinking mechanism because the energy field is kinda of like a radio signal in a way triggering the shrinking ability.

4. It's so obvious that most fans overlooked the pokémon do have the ability to shrink naturally. The Move mechanism is similar to the shrinking mechanism to the fact they all maybe descend for the same pokemon. This also mean all pokemon can do all the moves but do to the same reason they don't shrink in the wild they have a hard time with it. The is a move that aloud a pokemon to do any more but I forgot what it way called.

5. The pokecrystal is one of the layers. Pokecrystal is a middle layers in pokeballs. The thickness of the pokecrystal will depents on many one thing the advancements in pokeball technology. So lets say the type of pokeball in the anime are descended from the one in the manga.

Full transparent balls (the kind in the first pokemon manga). Both halfs are transparent. It's many made of pokecrystal. These balls are the first artificial pokeballs.

Hybrid ball which one part is transparent (these are ones from this manga). The top half is like the is transparent and the bottom half is like the anime.

Not transparent balls (the one for the anime). The pokecrystal are more refind and more powerfull and it's used less of it.

p.s.
There is a bit more to theory then this.

Last edited by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:31 pm

The smoke determines the time of the pokemon world. They are advancing, and the smokey pokeball was one of the earlier pokeballs used. If you notice in a lot of the older pokemon games like red-crystal, they had smoke. And thats probably because they had an older design of the pokeball, so thats why I think the smoke is necessary.

And didnt we have this discussion already?
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 pm

yep, we did have a discussion like this already (I think)
But they're just discussing the theories on how a pokeball would work.

Its getting pretty long, eh? Even I cant keep track of all these theories flying around...
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator What else should do we need to update? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2