Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED

+6
Joyfulldreams
whatthechuck3
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
dirksies
Alexie82818
Aki11
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Empty A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED

Post by Aki11 Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:12 am

I've suggested this to joy and all, but I thought I should post it here as well. Because I think, communication between teams is very important. So that we know that this project is still ongoing, and that we are not slacking from work etc. However, due to issues concerning that we (by that I mean animation team) are to keep the animation for episode 1 undercover for the element of surprise etc. We are not able to put up our episode 1 drafts and such. Which brings us to the topic of trust. Other members outside the animation team, and maybe part of the illustration team as well would not be able to know what is happening to this anime(including the staff themselves). And the lack of new updates and information from the team would lead to having even the best people from this forum to leave and such.

Therefore I think a part of the forum, or maybe a external site etc is needed, that access is only granted to those who are part of the staff. Say for example wordpress/blogspot or-- pardon me I have no clue how a forum works, a part of the forum that is only visible to staff. We could make it clear to the public that such a site/part of the forum exists. And it might even spark their interest to join this project if they wanted to know of the progress.

Because it has dawned on me for sometime now that there is no privacy within the forums, we can't keep mum about anything when it comes to important information and such. There are parts of episode 1 where I would like to post but couldn't for secrecy's sake. The ending idea's an exception but something like the singing audition video should not be visible to users other than the staff until it is being officially posted on youtube etc. But currently, there is no such place in the forums, or anywhere at all for me to do that.

Last edited by Aki11 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Empty Re: A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED

Post by Alexie82818 Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:46 am

I'm not on staff (at least, not yet) but I think this is a really good idea. I actually wondered why so little is shown, and I thought it was because of surprise, and I was pretty right.
But anyways, that is good, since if it's a smaller place, and staff only, I'd imagine communications between the teams would be more organized and easier to manage. Because no offense, the staff organization topics seem kinda messy, not to mention ANYONE can look at it and comment, when some things should be left to the staff only. Also, I noticed that some staff meetings came out unsuccessful because som team members didn't show up; or some reason like that, and I think if all the staff info and stuff were put all into one site that only they can enter, then everything might be easier and better organized. I realize I may have just repeated myself there.
Alexie82818
Alexie82818
Staff

Music Team Voice Team VA Critic A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

http://fishenod.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Empty Re: A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED

Post by Aki11 Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:58 am

I did too, so don't worryXD (can never type in an organized way on an empty stomach) I thought that things were getting too cluttered too. And having a staff forum where everyone can see and post either way just defeats the purpose>:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

I really like the idea of a private staff forum as well. Maybe it could be a forum on here, just a password has to be entered before anything can be seen. We definitely need a place, other than skype, where we can make sure the right people get all the things that they're supposed to get and that meetings run more smoothly.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:25 pm

It's a really good idae but I have one question. How is someone like me (i'm just talking about myself) who help alot here like any member of the staff but not really staff yet get the same access as the staff? Or that won't be a problem and I'm just worrying over nothing.

Anyways a was thinking a similar when we get are own site. That we a can a public forums and a staff forums.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 pm

I second (or fifth or whatever) the notion. That might help with the some of the coordination problems that seem to be happening. Like Dirks said, how often are we (such as myself XD) on skype when we need to be Smile
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Well, y'see, that's what I had intending for the staff discussion forum, but...it got overrun and is totally not used for that. 0o I have no idea how to make something only visible to staff members...
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:18 am

well if that's the case who's in for an external site with access granted only through a password?

I think, by staff, we mean staff sai. Or there won't be much privacy and all... (basically anyone who's in the team ranks, and possibly supporters who are given mod abilities too.)

And even after we have a more private site, I think we should continue keeping the auditions here, and check this place often. And maybe we could leak some stuff over to this forum occasionally to keep the public interest up and all.

If everyone gives me the okay I'll go make one asap.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by john Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:29 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:Well, y'see, that's what I had intending for the staff discussion forum, but...it got overrun and is totally not used for that. 0o I have no idea how to make something only visible to staff members...

Go to the administrators panel, try and find the permission panel, and edit it accordingly.

This is the page I am talking about.

A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Editforum

SaiTurtlesninjaNX wrote:
It's a really good idae but I have one question. How is someone like me (i'm just talking about myself) who help alot here like any member of the staff but not really staff yet get the same access as the staff? Or that won't be a problem and I'm just worrying over nothing.

Anyways a was thinking a similar when we get are own site. That we a can a public forums and a staff forums.

Then just join officially as a member of the staff. Or you can help out in the non-staff forums by posting suggestions to help the team.

It is not necessary for you to see what the team are doing in order to support them.

john

A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:17 am

omg that's great john! Now we'll be able to get some "confidential" stuff upXDD But we'll have to wait for joy on this, since i think only joy and ezu are admins in hereC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:02 pm

You know what, Aki? I'm super glad you posted this. Because I'm a little more free in time now, I would like to help our goal of efficient communication become a reality.

A seperate site or part of the forum would be great. But! Seeing as how some people only come on the forums occasionally, it still wouldn't satisfy the need/want for immediate updates. So, what about Twitter? Each team leader could be in control over separate accounts, and we'd keep the names confidential so only staff could follow the feeds. Twitter, being so accessible, has the potential to be a great platform to deliver news and updates regarding the status of the project as a whole.

Here's an example:

PokeSpeAnimation
PokeSpeIllustration
PokeSpeVoice
PokeSpeAudio

I'm assuming that most people here have cell phones. If everyone had Twitter on their phone, as soon there's news regarding PokeSpe, every staff member would be immediately notified. The Twitter feeds could then provide a link back to the private forum or site where we could view and comment on the content.
Zephyr
Zephyr
Team Leader

Music Team Forum Team Audio Team Leader Administrator A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 pm

@Zephyr
There a big problem with your idae Zephyr. Not everyone has a Twitter and or a cell phone. But more everyone on this forum has skype, a deviantart account, a YouTube account, and maybe a facebook.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:44 pm

And I don't think a seperate site for each team is smart. There's a lot of overlap between the teams and if we have to reference back between four or more different sites, it could get completed (not to mention I don't have Internet on my phone). I think if we just have a site for the production team, that would be the best way to communicate and get the information where it needs to go.

I think some alert system would be great, but maybe not through cellphones and/or Twitter. Twitter has gotten so popular nowadays that almost anyone can view it, which sort of defeats the purpose of making a seperate site to keep what we're working on secret.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:58 pm

@ Sai
I don't think not having a Twitter would be a problem at all. It takes like what, thirty seconds to register? I didn't have a Skype before I joined this project, but because of the demand for it, I downloaded it. And for the people that don't have a cell, you're right, there wouldn't be much of a need for Twitter. They could just check the forums every once in a while.

But dA and YouTube aren't exactly the best sites to deliver and discuss information related to this project. So they're irrelevant in regards to our communication issue. Facebook is good for people that use it, as I use it to contact certain members of the Music Team. And for meetings, Skype is essential. But none of these platforms have the instantaneity that Twitter delivers, especially if you use it in conjuction with a cell phone or mobile device.

A message sent in Facebook sometimes won't be read for an entire day. Plus, you'd have to punch in every single staff member's name. Quite tedious, if you ask me. On Twitter, all you have to do is send a tweet and everyone who is following you will receive it. It's just less tiresome for the parties involved. And what about the people that don't have or want a Facebook? If someone created an account on there just to receive updates regarding the PokeSpeAnime, I'm almost positive they would eventually stop checking. Something like Facebook is much more involving versus something quick, easy, and efficient like Twitter.

*bleep!*

*I check my phone*

"No wai?! W3 iz gon get sood by nint3nd0?!"

Versus:

*logs onto Facebook/YouTube/deviantArt*

*checks inbox*

*reads message*

Dear thieves:

Please stop jacking our intellectual property. It's not cool. You have 24 hours to stop being jerks, or we'll sue hardcore, yo.

With love,
Nintendo

*gasp*

*reads date of message sent*

Message sent 25 hours ago

*faints*
Zephyr
Zephyr
Team Leader

Music Team Forum Team Audio Team Leader Administrator A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:00 pm

@ dirksies

Well, valid points, but I was thinking of using in the Twitter in conjuction with the private forum/site, not as an alternative to it. And I don't think anyone is saying a separate site for each team, just for the staff members as a whole. It'd be crazy unrealistic if we did that Razz
Zephyr
Zephyr
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:33 pm

I don't want a Twitter and I don't like facebook. This is the first massage broad that really stock for me next to youtube.

I wonder if it easyer just to make a new forums ather when we get at least 3 episode done and we have things organized. Or maybe we just need to fine away to keep things organized when we get rolling. (what we'er doing now is great for getting things started.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:49 am

It would be easier if we could meddle with access levels to get a staff forum over here (an idea which I support). An external site seems like a messy way to do it.

I'm neutral on the twitter idea. I can see the benefits, and it's not hard to get twitter. However, with how irregularly I do anything staffwise with my role, I can't really contemplate the advantages. Hence: neutral.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:53 am

bumping this thread: Well, I'm not that sure of twitter... (don't use it so idk how it works<A<) but if with can change permission settings within the site it'll be the best and all i guess.

That being said, joy, in case you missed this, can you try to do the permissions thing that john has put in the screenshot?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:38 pm

That all sounds great. Even for non-staff members like me, I don't mind giving the staff their privacy. After all in the world outside where they officially make anime, each team would be given at least their own room. What I ask though, if whether seriously dedicated members like Tweetums or Sai will be allowed access because I'm sure they'll still be able to help in ideas and such. That probably though, will be directed to the suggestions thread I guess. This though is the kind of thing that will really help with the organization of this anime and will probably help it run a lot more smoothly. If we want opinions on scenes though, we're gonna need more people in the respective teams. Most people post in the 'staff' froums because they want to express their opinions. Especially considering that the 'staff' forums is where most of what we do is done. and therefore where most people post.

Yay, 100 posts!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:20 am

bumping this thread: After actually reading through the previous posts though, having a password protected forum sounds a lot more tidy than a whole other site. Actually I remember reading something like that which might help: http://www.iwebbuddy.com/tutorials/password-protect-web-page-javascript.php
The password can be PMed to staff members in advance too. Make sure it's not too obvious though as hackers exist!

However with the instantaneous updates of Twitter compared to regular forums it does sound a lot more efficient. However I don't have a Twitter account (or facebook for that matter) and I don't even have a mobile. (I'm not saying cell phone). Besides, even if we got immediate updates we all have busy lives outside this project so setting time aside will be tricky by itself. Once a month episodes sound favourable, but deadlines may have to be introduced for it to work. Making anime is a serious business after all.

I have Skype and MSN by the way though.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:25 am

There are a lot of ideas like this in the suggestions forum that gather a fair bit of momentum and discussion ... and often no conclusion is reached. This forum is now cluttered with suggestions both closed and open to discussion still. I get the feeling that this section of the forum isn;t visited frequently enough perhaps to sort out these things, but it's impotant we do.

I was thinking we collect a list of things we have decided on to stop recurring suggestions and make things clear. And similarly, some effort needs to be made to figure things out like that in this thread which get left unresolved.

Now this should probably have been posted as a seperate thread as a suggestion. Hrm.

Oh, and you should post your Skype & MSN in the Skype and MSN thread. For some reason, nobody does that D:

Supernova
Staff

Script Team A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah I noticed that actually. Maybe cause you can find out by just going on their profile? And Ezu made a new topic recently where she put all the staff members contact details, presumably from our profiles. Speaking of the admins, now that we have tweetums and joy/ezu are a little more active nowadays (I've seen them post a lot in past few days anyway), we could possibly actually organize this staff only sub forum? (I really really want to post some sketches I've done!)

One thing I'd like to add though is whether staff from other departments can access the discussions for other teams? For instance, would someone like me in the animations team be able to access the music team's forum? Despite the position I hold, I'm also a pianist with a musical ear and near perfect pitch, so I'm able to give sound opinions on music/va auditions as well as whatever the music team comes up with.

What I'm saying is, maybe all the staff should be able to have a say in what happens, just in case we have such an opinion to give. And of course, being sensible people, we can choose not to if we don't think we'll provide anything suitable. Sooo...thoughts anyone?
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Well, y'know, I don't actually know how to make a part of the forum visible to only staff members. ^.^; Maybe ezu could figure it out, but...I dunno how.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator A part of the forums that's strictly for staff. RESOLVED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:06 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:Well, y'know, I don't actually know how to make a part of the forum visible to only staff members. ^.^; Maybe ezu could figure it out, but...I dunno how.

Ta daaaaaa!!

Hopefully that link'll help you.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:46 am

Actually I made the staff discussions forum strictly for staff before. But since we didnt have that many staffs before, I granted access for everyone to see. Because we needed others' opinions too. Like VA polls and such. And also a lot of discussions were posted there and important for regular members too. -_-

But if you all want I can change the settings easily.

Oh and zeph you shouldnt double post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next