Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the music... - RESOLVED

+4
ocean2292
kaito109
Joyfulldreams
Nol
8 posters

Go down

Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Empty Regarding the music... - RESOLVED

Post by Nol Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:10 pm

First of all, I've seen some posts that mention how animation insert music is different from video game music, in that the song doesn't need to be looped. While it's true that the songs should have a proper ending, it's not a bad idea to have a loop-able section. There may be a scene that just has to be long, and the music just won't be able fill the space properly. So rather than change to a different song or restrict the length of the scene, a simple loop could help fill the gap. Therefore, I think composers should have their songs have a transitioned repeat, and then an ending to their song. So something like
1) intro
2) main bulk of the song
3) repeat transition
4) ending
And have the track be split into those parts when submitting for the animation job. So the animators put '1' followed by '2', and then '4' if the track doesn't need to be extended. If more music is required, however, they can put '1', '2', '3', '2', and then '4'.

Also, I didn't see this mentioned, but I think some of the soundtrack should be based on the video game music. Like how the official anime features remixes/orchestrations of the game soundtracks. Original themes are fine, but the game music is pretty well composed too. It requires less effort for the composers (or arrangers, in this case), but still allows them some creative freedom. I mean, one thing that often gets praised about the manga is how closely it sticks with the game's details, so the music should naturally follow suit, right?
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Empty Re: Regarding the music... - RESOLVED

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:25 pm

1. When anime OST's are used, some parts are repeated to make it more lengthy while others arn't. There are no loops in the original OST. Ever. The editors loop certain parts if they feel it is necessary.
2. I think that that would be cool too, but I also think that it would be cool if we used entirely our own music. If the music team wants to do that, they can go ahead. (I'm also a little worried about copyright, but frankly...**** them. XD)
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kaito109 Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:27 pm

(This is just a sugestion)sunny I was hoping we could make like instrumental music like score or stuff. And we could use some song of the games and play them instrumental but most of the song should be our own music it would be better!!!And also for classic fighting scenes like ruby and saphire arc and emerald arc!!!!With the legendarys fighting we could take some ideas from immediate music!!!!I think that wouldbe really cool!!!!For the anime!!!!
kaito109
kaito109

Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by ocean2292 Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm of the opinion that we use orchestral (if possible, but that would probably be hard to pull off) music modeled after the music in the games. There are always fan re-mixes cropping up and I've even seen a few orchestral ones. So if possible we should go for it!
ocean2292
ocean2292

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 pm

I vote for songs based off the original game music>W< it'll give off a more nostalgic feeling i think<W< I once heard this wonderfully made lavender town remix, it was creepy, but at the same time, awesome. And since pokespe manga is based off the games, i think the music should base off the games too.

(i think i asked pakken that before, but he told me you guys are gonna do original osts)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Why are we even talking about the this. A coust the music should be based off the games. It's duousn't takes a genius for finger that one out. I always thought we was going to based the music off the games anyways.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:49 am

um.. i think we discussed about this a bit before..
I would totally vote for it, music based on the game. >w< but we can have original music too. : D

i think we all agreed already? xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 am

Everyone's saying the same thing, and so am I. I think it's clear that there's an overwhelming support for music based off the games' music as well as some original music too.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:01 am

How about a mix then?

Back to top Go down

Post by ocean2292 Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:41 am

Well, what kind of a mix? Between original scores and those used in the games? I think that would be fine, as long as it's not for a scene that could use a preexisting song from the game. Like maybe an instrumental of Nol's Theme, or ballad versions like they occasionally use in the anime since the game doesn't really have music for "oh, he just died" scenes. But I think that we should stick to the game's score as often as possible, and remix it for character themes.
ocean2292
ocean2292

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:49 am

Yeah thats what I mean, music based on the originals can be used in some places where its appropriate and when its not original pieces can be used.

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:17 am

I just want to point out...music is copyrighted...We're already on thin ice as it is. XD.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Hm, well, I don't really think Nintendo will mind that much if we arrange a few of their more classic songs. I mean, we're not selling this or anything at all. I've seen plenty of Pokemon game music arrangements being sold for profit, like 'Battle With Red' by Warinside. It's their most popular song and of course it would have attracted nintendo's attention, but I don't really see anything bad having happened to them at all.

Really, the only company we have to worry about in terms of copyright is VIZ (and they have no rights to the game music what-so-ever). Japanese companies and artists really like it, and support, when fans take a work and expand it themselves. Doujinshi and such. Unless you are blatantly or not-so-blatantly PIRATING, then they will clamp down so hard on you you won't even know what hit you. XDD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:57 pm

I figure you're right joy, but I just can't help but think we can't be too careful. I guess that's just my ever encessant habit of worrying about everything. I just want that to remain in the back of everybody's mind. Sometimes I worry we're gonna go a little overboard, lol. But I think a mixture of both would be right on the money. That's what the "official" anime does, and I actually like some of their remixs(es?) and their original stuff, too.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:57 pm

so a mix, depending on the situation to whether a remixed version or a totally original ost should be used. That okay for everyone right?

If yes then this issue is resolved I hope?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Regarding the music... - RESOLVED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Seems pretty resolved to me Aki. C:

Anything else that needs to be said can be done in the Music Team Discussion forum.

LOCKED.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down