Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lavender Town Music

4 posters

Go down

Lavender Town Music Empty Lavender Town Music

Post by ~Red Sun May 22, 2011 2:49 am

I know we're very far from it, but I just heard this beautiful chello rendition of the lavender town song and I think it fits so well into moving picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJcGlUC2po

Sorry if this is the wrong time or section.

~Red

Lavender Town Music Bg10

Back to top Go down

Lavender Town Music Empty Re: Lavender Town Music

Post by Kazaazz Sun May 22, 2011 8:51 am

Not a problem red, and although it's an awesome track, it's not REALLY a suggestion. This is because of our desire to create purely original tracks rather than asking half of the youtube population for us to use their tracks. So this is more of a resource really, but I'm not gonna move it because I don't want to be picky. So it stays unless an admin hits me.

But the actual track it IS pretty awesome; I guess I had something a little more psychadellic and creepy for Lavender rather than being melancholy. And perhaps make it a little more closer to the original that way.

Like this:
Spoiler:

But that's just me XD
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Lavender Town Music Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStormKuja Mon May 23, 2011 8:28 am

Somehow, techno doesn't fit Lavender Town's theme.

The Cello one is pretty good, though the three people that's the same person thing creeped me out. O_O

I'd imagine it being less heavy to work for the anime though.
SkyStormKuja
SkyStormKuja
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Lavender Town Music Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Mon May 23, 2011 10:43 am

Lavender Town's music always creeped me the f*** out... pardon my language. I always dashed to the Pokemon Center as fast as I could (or used the Bicycle) so I wouldn't have to listen to it.

But Lavender Town isn't a scary place. Sad, Melancholy, Depressing, yes. After all, until Gen 2, the only places worth going are the Haunted Tower (a graveyard for deceased Pokemon), and Mr. Fuji's house (which doesn't appear in the manga). I think the music should reflect that, rather than the creepy ghosts and zombies, and anything else we associate with "Thriller".

That being said, I do not think a sad-sounding version of "Thriller" is appropriate. XD
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team Lavender Town Music Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Mon May 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Heh, well as I said, that's just me. But don't worry I wasn't thinking of the town when I was linking this, I was thinking more on the pokemon tower in the town, despite that having a different tune *shot* But the majority of the scenes in lavender town in the manga take place in that tower when Red gets really creeped out by all the ghosts so I thought that perhaps it might be more appropriate there, almost doubling as a battle theme perhaps.

As for the town though, even FR/LG had a pretty sad, almost depressing theme to it. Really flips you around in G/S and HG/SS when suddenly it's more cheery and a whole RADIO TOWER there huh?

Anyway, because it's raining in the town and red and mr fuji's stuff is meant to bemore thoughtful, yeah, more orchestral tuff can be used well. We're mainly having a more orchestral soundtrack anyways, so alls good.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Lavender Town Music Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down