Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys really want this?

+9
Kazaazz
Mrtweetums
The Black Glove
Zephyr
Supernova
Jonk
Red_the_knight
dirksies
dabeatmaster123
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you guys really want this? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you guys really want this?

Post by anitasonia1998 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Red_the_knight has said it. If we do have some extra time on our hands, we should work on progressing the anime. We should at least try to get the first episode done.......maybe by the end of next month? Personally, I think that is enough time....
anitasonia1998
anitasonia1998

Do you guys really want this? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Wait, hold it. I just realized, nothing's happening. I keep looking on the forms over and over, and nothing's happening. I keep showing up just to get my assignment, but I keep seeing a ghost town. Are we avoiding this? I say no. We came to do a project, and we all came to do it.
Plus, I expect everyone to work as a team, and I'm drawing a blank. We need a plan not to be alone anymore. I need to take this discussion in Skype. If you guys feel like talking, don't see a therapist, come see me. Let's take the discussion into Skype: Dee, Hilary, leaders and members. I'm serious.

Besides, we don't plan a good strategy on finishing the first episode, we might be waiting in the dark expecting some fireworks to come out and nothing happens. Can we please have a Skype discussion? If yes, please plan a time and date.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team Do you guys really want this? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:52 pm

The staff has go to school and work. There's nothing we can do about that...^^;

Although we should add to the audition requirements that if they can't commit at least an hour to this project every night they won't be allowed to join.
I'd rather have a small team of people available to work every day than a large team with people only working on holidays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:52 pm

*Sighs* If I would know how long we have started working back on Episode, then something would have come up. If nothing comes up or we're not getting our assignments for the linearts and coloring, then I'm afraid to call making the Poke Spe Ani as a team is a bust.

Sorry for complaining. I have a bad habit for complaints. I still say we need a plan. I suggest these ideas:
Originally posted by Guest
Although we should add to the audition requirements that if they can't commit at least an hour to this project every night they won't be allowed to join.
I'd rather have a small team of people available to work every day than a large team with people only working on holidays.

Yes. Nighttime is a good option because there is nothing happening at night to midnight. It would be like a cover up. Screw the holidays as a work because it takes too long and people won't be around.
And as for the audition requirements for at least an hour every night, that's fine. Around 6:00-10:00, it's starts. But if you don't audition while we're around, then it's over. Don't you think that's kind of quick? It's like a one try, and you're out.

For Script Writers, that's easy. No comment. The Voice Actors, limit the actors. Kazzazz did it, but it's too much a win-or-lose gamble if you're qualified. Accepted and wait, Accepted or fail, or Fail and you're out.

Animators, I know it's boring. I know how it feels. Us Illustrators are trying to work, but it's class and work that's bothering us. Be patient, and we'll try to put some line art and coloring into action. Besides, we need more auditions to help for making art. I am sorry, Ezu, but seems I'm being a little impatient of not getting an assignment.
We need to plan this firmly instead of just waiting for something to happen. And isn't there a rule that says: "Can't do more than one audition?" No. This is a good thing to make the episode quick.

If we're going to finish this up, either plan this or give me death!
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:37 pm

The thing that bothered me the most was the fact there were leaders for each team and struggling to get stuff done instead of just everyone working together and getting things complete. Like I have said many of times, I would've been more happy starting this project with just a small dedicated few (around 2~4 people) instead of an entire website. I don't know, that's just me but I wasn't even intending on having a massive group of people trying to get this thing complete. This was something that I thought I could improve at, my art could improve, my composition skills could improve. I lost confidence after being in the teams, why? Because sadly enough nobody knows how to work with each other without bringing others down saying "Well, good try but you aren't good enough for voice acting, animation, illustration, etc"…... WELL THEN, if people are just THAT TERRIBLE at working on the things they love and helping them, we just recruit and have favorites. THAT is why we aren't accomplishing anything. We might as well use all the help we can get instead of twiddling our thumbs and marking people out of the picture. Sorry, but it just had to be said. I'm tired, I have a lot of things on my mind right now. I have been told that I have been lazy and what not, but let me ask you this… what if you were in 4 jazz bands, AP Classes, you play piano at church AND transpose songs for the choir every week, going through divorce and family issues… AND taking care of a mental mother. I know I'm venting but it's true, I have been going through ALL OF THAT ever since I started this project. So mind me I think people need to learn how to help others instead of criticize them by pushing "Lazy" down people's throats. WORK TOGETHER GUYS, stop trying to break off and be the hero of the day :T
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Do you guys really want this? - Page 2 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Originally Posted bydabeatmaster123
what if you were in 4 jazz bands, AP Classes, you play piano at church AND transpose songs for the choir every week, going through divorce and family issues… AND taking care of a mental mother. I know I'm venting but it's true, I have been going through ALL OF THAT ever since I started this project.

...Dude, I know how that feels. The worst of the time with no backup, no help. I had to deal with a lot of assholes in my schools, and I hated it. I share the pain, yes, but I do want to make a difference. I want to show the world I am just more than loser or a nerd. I'm a knight, a fighter, and a martial artist who can do something ultimate for all.

*Thinks* Mmm. No more sitting around, it's show time. Who's in? I know I am not because I wanted this episode done, we need to support one another.

Last edited by Red_the_knight on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Whoops. It's the quote.)
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:51 pm

*wearily mouting ranter's block*

Alright, guys, I know this isn't happening as fast as we would like, and I know it's hard to believe that stuff is happening, but it is! We have a dropbox account where a lot of the work is being done, I'm in contact with the VAs to get the lines finalized, and we're moving toward final deadlines for the main audio parts of the show. I'm generally an optimist myself, but the problem that I have with this thread is that it is not edifying or encouraging this project in the least, it just is complaning about all the things that don't seem to be going the way we hoped it would.

I agree that some of the topics need to be addressed, such as trying to establish minimum commitment levels and trying to find ways to motivate the team, but more often than not, the critiques deteriorate into pure whining about "why aren't we getting anything done?!? D=" Not only does this put a drain on those who are trying to do work, it promotes general disunity among the team. I know that most of the posts are cries to "work together" but when they are surrounded by testimonies of how this project is stillborn, it has the opposite effect.

The thing with this project is that it is a hobby for basically everyone involved and free time is something that not most of us have. The people working on this project know there own limits of what they have time for and don't have time for, so it's not entirely fair to compare workloads or what's all happened in their lives and turn around asking why another person hasn't done any work because of their comparatively free schedule. That's just promotes division and completely defeats the purpose. Also, our team stretches all over the world, so even if we all were fully dedicated to this project, we still would have to deal with the limitations of time zones.

I'm sorry that people feel snubbed because they haven't been accepted or what-not on one of the teams, but truly, the "Failure" or "rejection" label isn't meant to be that at all. I can only speak for the VA team and my personal experiences, but this forum has helped me to grow as a voice actor. Here I know I can get quality critiques and I can practice new voices and skills that will help me to improve as a voice actor. The voice I did for Violet and the voice I used for the young girl in episode one were both voices that I have never done before, but because of the positive critiques I have received from the members of the forums, I had the confidence to stretch myself and try those new voices. The only reason we haven't added to our numbers in the VA team is that we simply don't need any more VAs at the moment, with the first episode still in production, but that's not to say the people not in have been rejected in some way. I'm sorry if the other teams haven't worked that way, but like I said, I can't speak for them.

As I have said before, we are doing something here that has never been done before, and even in the seemingly little that has been accomplished, I am so proud of this team. I have enjoyed meeting each and everyone that comes to this forum and I wouldn't change what we've done for the world. We just need to keep pushing forward, not looking down or back, and enjoy the expierence as well as keeping our eyes on the final goal.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Do you guys really want this? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by D3ath Angel Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:55 am

Now that I read this, I'd like to know if the VAs-desperately-required listings are out of date. Do you still need the characters listed?
D3ath Angel
D3ath Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:47 am

The Pokemon? Yes. We haven't had anyone auditioning for a Pokemon role in ages (hinthint). The only new human that appears in the next episode is Oak, and we haven't had many auditions for him either. So, yeah, that thread is up-to-date, it looks like.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Do you guys really want this? - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Hold on, I'm still auditioning as Oak.

As for the problem, I would like to form up an illustration members meet up if that's okay. And I will make this a team effort. I can't do this alone.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by okaminokage Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:10 pm

I recently got (or rather my sister did) a digital art program so I think I will audition for some illistration things as soon as I'm finished with the picture I'm working on now, I hope I can help.
okaminokage
okaminokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:58 am

okami, this is not the place to post that.
Anyway, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2