Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED

+2
Aki11
dirksies
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Empty Competitions and Games between teams

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:20 am

This suggestion is for when we have steady progress and such. For now we have Illustration Team, Animation Team, Management Team, Music Team and Voice Team. We might have Website Team and Supporters in the future, but that's another story >.>

So my suggestion is, we should hold friendly matches and competitions between teams while working on this project. : ) We should become closer friends, no? Since we all are going to work together pikachu The competitions can be project-based or game-based. Project-based, like, which team hold the most meetings, finish deadlines, etc. Game-based, well games ^^ Maybe an event we can hold once an episode is done or something : D like pokespe quiz? xD There might be leaders' match too fufu (Target : Shen)

Well, this suggestion is not really serious or project-related, but I really want this project to be fun~ >w<

Back to top Go down

Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:46 pm

oh, indeed, that sounds like a lot of fun! even though i'm not a member of a team yet...
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED

Post by Aki11 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:13 pm

I'm pretty much ok with itXD a little friendly competition to pick up the pace, why not?8D
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 am

^^ well, let's suggest what kinds of competition we can do. :>
I suggested some, but i know you guys have a lot more ideas xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:22 am

I, head of the Illustration team, challenge Pakken and his music team to a race! Who can finish first, the illustrators with the complete animatic for the first chapter, or the music team with the complete opening and ending songs?

Might also include Kamuro and the voice team, as we'll need all of cast for the first chapter set and have lines recorded and sent to the animators (specifically Dee). We'll probably also need some sound effects, and I do NOT want to download ALL of them off of the internet. That will make it just sound wrong. >.>;
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 am

xDD game started already?

maybe we should make a forum especially for competitions? pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 am

I have an idea for a competition, it might be for a little down the road if we ever have time where we're not doing anything. My idea is that we pick a theme, Pokemon battles, for example, and each individual will submit an entry relevant to that theme and in their proper medmium, ie: voice actors will do a character ramble about Pokemon battles, artists will do a drawing/storyboard/animation of a Pokemon battle, musicians will compose a tune that goes with the theme. Some of the tasks might have to be adjusted so the difficulty is approximately the same. The deadline would be roughly a week and then the final results would be judged. The winner gets bragging rights for the week and the chance to judge the next competition.

We could play it roughly by teams if the winner gets points that go toward either illustration, music, or voice, depending on what team they're on, but this is meant to be more independent. This would hopefully help keep people's skills sharp if we ever run into a gap period.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 am

well, the suggestion is good, but not fair for the animation team and management team, no? they cant join..

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:18 am

animation team could join...? But yeah, management team wouldn't be able to, hmmmm *thinks* The management team could judge? hrmm
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 am

judge? xD poor them. well, there will be other games too, so it's ok i guess. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 am

Us managers aren't here to judge you. We're here to organize and facilitate.

If you find make a poll with different ideas for contests, I will personally plan out the winning contest. Of course, this would mean that Ezu's suggestion about a competition forum would be necessary (I personally think the main general discussion forum looks a bit lonely).

Last edited by Mylodon on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 am

well, for dirksies's suggestion, it only applies if we really had free time on our hands hahaXD;

Well in my opinion the animation and illustration team are so close in nature that they shouldn't be treated as separate entities at all. Even in japan, you will notice that they only have animators, and the animators are basically the illustrators. So I'm suggesting for the animation and illustration team to be merged. This is especially so for the sketch artists aspect. We have to animate everything which makes us no different from animators isn't it?

*going off topic>A> sorry><*

Here's a video of how toei animation studios works, maybe after this y'all will have a better understanding of how animation work.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5kb9q_anntv-inside-toei-animation-pt1_shortfilms

and here's another for better understanding: http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/future-of-anime-is-dim/
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenCS Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:08 am

Competitive battle tourney! No wait, none of you would stand a chance.
ShenCS
ShenCS
Script Team
Script Team

Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:11 am

And how are you supposed to know if we would or not?XD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 am

Those two videos are really fascinating! That first video helped to support my standing in Paint Tool SAI's curve tool being the fastest and best way for us to line things.

And that LCD tablet and that program look SO KILLER. Dx
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Competitions and Games between teams - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:35 am

haha yea that video was also the reason why I sent ya the pm for ya to brief everyone on using the curve tool, since it may take a while to get use to>W> Well, better send it soon~*Shot*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

uh.. that program is so cool OAO
it might not be possible for usto obtain that software, but we can combine SAI, PS and After Effects to make the anime.. xD
and curve tool is super win <3
i want animation and illustrator teams to be merged, but Joy said it's better to be separated. >.>

Alright, I'll make the forum right away fufu <3
we can have game battles, too. but i cant join.. i dont have NDS and lost my GBA. >A>

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:21 am

I have gba, but I only have emerald and leaf green version >A>

Personally I think we don't need that program so much. We can make do with what we have just fineXD sai has all the options needed, the curve, the connect lines option, the adjusting option, the weight/pressure (cant remember<A<) option and all, I tried experimenting with it a while back. A little different from what's shown on the vid, but the results are the sameXD But like I said, it may take some time to get used to it. I think most people will start out by sketching directly on tablet rather than use the curve tools actuallyXD That's why a brief on the usage should be given asap:3

Well, there really is no need for an illustration team. since the job scope is perfectly the same. In the animation industry, storyboard artists and background artists have their own team or are stand alones while there isn't really a sketch artist role. I would rather merge or be part of the animation team instead, since that's probably the most of what I'll be doing... And once first episode is done I may totally put down the line artist and or other roles to do solely animation since this project is seriously draining my time for school/portfolio stuff and I probably need to step down for a smaller role... Sorry to say this after auditioning for everything and all but schoolwork is still my priorityXD;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 am

i know SAI's curve tool pretty well, but rarely used it before because i like to ink with tablet : P i really wish i could find some time to make a tutorial.. >.>

ask Joy la.. :/ or Shen. Personally i like it better if animation and illustration teams to be merged.

I dont think i can dedicate my whole time for this project too. :<

anyway, the competition forum is up~~ xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:36 am

maybe when we have our meeting we could also discuss about this topic and meet with a democratic solution hahaXDD

*goes <strike>stalk</strike> find forum>W>*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 am

well, there's still nothing in the forum xD
what should we put? hm..

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 am

maybe we could take walley waltzie's suggestion for the main progress in terms of pre production for the anime>W> https://pokespeanime.forumotion.com/suggestions-f11/status-suggestion-t125.htm

Maybe put it as animation team progress:
Storyboard: 0%
animatics:0%
Number of meetings: 0
(just to mention, we'll need finalized voice actors when we start to do the animatics, so when the storyboard's posted it'll be good if we start a poll with the characters for the first ep with their respective VA wannabes and go for a vote with all their voices made into links.)

then music team progress:

Themes:
red: 0%
green:0%
pallet town: 0%
viridian forest:0%
battles:0%
Number of meetings: 1

well I'm not that sure which one the music team wants to work on first, the themes for at least the location and character(s) for the first ep or the opening and endings first. From the last meeting discussion we had they say it'll be better if they had a storyboard for the oped's before working on them so I'll assume they want to finalize/finish up the themes first. Correct me if I'm wrong lolXD;

And maybe after this the results of the competition, as well as the clips and all, could be posted in the progress forumsXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm

If you guys thinking merging the animation and illustration teams is best, we could do that. =3 It's just that, when people first come here, most of them only know how to draw and not animate, right? So if the only option for sign up is animation, composition, and voice acting, they won't understand that animation is just drawing a bunch of still images. XD

I know that if I stumbled across this I would be all 'gaaah I wanna help but I have no idea how to animate. ;_;'
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Well, it makes no sense that when you draw you don't animate because animating is basically drawingXD I'll be giving a brief regarding drawing when the time comes. Even if the person knows how to draw but not how to animate, he/she can be a keyframer (not very sure what the exact term is called), when he/she doesn't really animate but draw out the key frames for each sequence etc.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:39 am

well, i think what Joy meant is, when people come here and see, animation team, they'll.. be scared i guess? something like a turn-off? Because they dont know animating is drawing a bunch ofstill images, etc. They only get this idea of "animating is haaaaard. I dont know anything about it." If the teams are merged, i think it's better if we call it Illustration team ^^ animation kinda combines everything anyway, music, voice, etc.

For the competition forum, maybe i'll just put a thread for game suggestions for now.
For % progress, it's difficult to estimate the correct one so might be unfair and all.
I think meeting competition should be a stand-alone match? how many meetings you have for 1 episode. then revert to zero when the next episode starts. and i think for official meetings, (the one we had which everyone can join) the points should go to management team. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next