Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few suggestions - ACCEPTED

+6
Mylodon
Joyfulldreams
~Dewy~
Goddess_of_Random
Angel-Kid
videofan9864
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Few suggestions - ACCEPTED Empty Few suggestions

Post by videofan9864 Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:02 am

This is the suggestion thread so would be ok to give some suggestions for the episodes? It doesn't necessarily have to be approved just to voice out my opinion. Plus it would be easier.
1. 1st there are some notes on the manga chapters like character descriptions, current pokemon part of the characters, etc. How about we add something like that at the ending of some episodes?
2. How about to add some length we add a picture of the characters before and after commercials and after the episode? (For those who know fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, its done the same thing)
3. Adding minor scenes that aren't in the manga to make the episode longer. I mean for the episode to end on something interesting.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Few suggestions - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Few suggestions - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Few suggestions - ACCEPTED

Post by Angel-Kid Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:29 pm

1) I think a good idea would be to give more air time to certain pokemon. Meowth's first and only appearance was when it escaped Professor Oak's lab in one of the early chapters. So, I think Meowth appearing again later in a filler episode can help. Pidgey also escaped Oak's lab, and was never seen again (I don't count the Pidgey guides in the Safari Zone as appearances). Other pokemon that didn't make much appearances besides cameos should get more air time, and a filler episode, or added scenes can make up for that.

2) I know it's too soon, but I have a suggestion for the Ruby and Sapphire arc. We all know Tate and Liza are both referred to as girls. What if we make it a comedy thing? Whenever someone mentions them both being girls, Tate angrily corrects them that he's a boy, with a funny expression on his face. Sort of how in the anime, when Butch and Cassidy make an appearance, everyone gets Butch's name wrong, and he angrily corrects them with a funny expression on his face.

Angel-Kid

Few suggestions - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:15 pm

videofan9864 wrote:2. How about to add some length we add a picture of the characters before and after commercials and after the episode? (For those who know fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, its done the same thing)

You mean, like an eyecatch? 'Cause that would be really cool!!!
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Goddess_of_Random wrote:
videofan9864 wrote:2. How about to add some length we add a picture of the characters before and after commercials and after the episode? (For those who know fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, its done the same thing)

You mean, like an eyecatch? 'Cause that would be really cool!!!

Eye catch? I kinda don't get what you mean but if you've watched fullmetal alchemist brotherhood then after about half the episode before they go to commercial they have a wallpaper with a character and what his/her name is. Then after commercial they have another character on wallpaper with his/her name. These pics are from episode 37 of brotherhood before and after commercial.

https://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn116/VideoFan9864/?action=view&current=untitled-9.jpg&newest=1

So on the pokespecial anime episode 1 we could do Red and Green. On future episodes if the characters change their clothes/appearance we could feature them. Example when we do Chapter 76 of the manga we can feature past oak on the black tank and past agatha with the earings
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Yeah, that looks like an eyecatch. It's just sort of a thing to signal that the commercials are about to start or end. But that would be really cool anyways.
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dewy~ Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Angel-Kid wrote:
2) I know it's too soon, but I have a suggestion for the Ruby and Sapphire arc. We all know Tate and Liza are both referred to as girls. What if we make it a comedy thing? Whenever someone mentions them both being girls, Tate angrily corrects them that he's a boy, with a funny expression on his face. Sort of how in the anime, when Butch and Cassidy make an appearance, everyone gets Butch's name wrong, and he angrily corrects them with a funny expression on his face.

I love this idea! I think its a good idea to change some the characters personality slightly from the manga.
~Dewy~
~Dewy~

Fakemon Contest Few suggestions - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Goddess_of_Random wrote:Yeah, that looks like an eyecatch. It's just sort of a thing to signal that the commercials are about to start or end. But that would be really cool anyways.

Oh so that's what you meant Very Happy So we were referring to the same thing Very Happy If the eyecatch is a pokemon, we can add its level, who's pokemon it is etc. Also after the episode we could add another picture from the episode that says "see you next time". If this gets approved. I hope I can decide the eyecatch Very Happy
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel-Kid Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:57 pm

An eyecatch isn't a bad idea. How about if they display a main character with one of his/her pokemon?

Angel-Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Angel-Kid wrote:An eyecatch isn't a bad idea. How about if they display a main character with one of his/her pokemon?

Yeah Very Happy Red and Poliwhirl and then Green and Charmander (or whichever pokemon he shows first) along with their pokemon levels. Then if episode 2 covers chapter 3 and 4 we can put in the wild Kangaskhan then after commercial Prof. Oak.

If the character changes clothes then we feature them in those clothes. Like when red disguises as a rocket or at R/S, Sapphire is first featured in a leaf bikini. If the character is shown but not yet introduced like Giovanni on chapter 23. We have Giovanni's picture and the name "fossil man" or what red called him.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Erm...the problem with this idea...our anime isn't really going to have commercials. Thus, no opportunity to add eyecatches. XDD Love the idea, but...>.>;

If we DO figure out some way to do this, we should make it formatted all pokedex-style! Like, a picture of the character/pokemon in the pokedex and all the info next to it...yeah...XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Few suggestions - ACCEPTED Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:40 pm

We don't have commercials, but it would give it a real anime feel to it.
But what we could use eye catches for is, if we put this on youtube and it's more than 10 minutes long, we can have part 1 end with an eye catch and then started up part 2 with the other eye catch.
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:Erm...the problem with this idea...our anime isn't really going to have commercials. Thus, no opportunity to add eyecatches. XDD Love the idea, but...>.>;

If we DO figure out some way to do this, we should make it formatted all pokedex-style! Like, a picture of the character/pokemon in the pokedex and all the info next to it...yeah...XD

Yup we won't have commercials but my idea is only for the anime feel. Besides the pokedex style won't work because sometimes we feature other characters that are not pokedex holders. Besides in case the episodes are lacking in minutes we could really use the added seconds. Plus chances are high we'll use 2 chapters per episode so the eye catches will really work to separate the chapters.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:41 pm

videofan9864 wrote:
Joyfulldreams wrote:Erm...the problem with this idea...our anime isn't really going to have commercials. Thus, no opportunity to add eyecatches. XDD Love the idea, but...>.>;

Yup we won't have commercials but my idea is only for the anime feel. Besides the pokedex style won't work because sometimes we feature other characters that are not pokedex holders. Besides in case the episodes are lacking in minutes we could really use the added seconds. Plus chances are high we'll use 2 chapters per episode so the eye catches will really work to separate the chapters.

It doesn't really matter if they're not pokedex holders. It'll still look cool. 0o
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:
videofan9864 wrote:

It doesn't really matter if they're not pokedex holders. It'll still look cool. 0o

I understand it would indeed look cool Very Happy But
1. The pokedex is supposedly just for a few selected people. I mean the concept to use them for all characters even enemies woudn't be that nice to see. I prefer a simple blue or any simple background wallpaper will do. A human and a pokemon character with a respective level that would change every episode depending on what the person is wearing or what pokemon he/she uses.

In FRLG example its Red with Mewtwo and Giovanni with Deoxys. Both of them wears the tank they do at their battle) or we can make it 2 people as well. Like Sird with Starmie and Orm with Shucle or Silver with Sneasel, and Yellow with Butterfree.

For the last battle in R/S it could be Ruby with Millotic and Sapphire with Blaziken, and the second eye catch a deranged looking Archie with Walrein and Maxie with Camerupt.

2. Plus we won't want to make something like designing a pokedex picture since this project is already hard as it is.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:12 am

videofan9864 wrote:
I understand it would indeed look cool Very Happy But
1. The pokedex is supposedly just for a few selected people. I mean the concept to use them for all characters even enemies woudn't be that nice to see. I prefer a simple blue or any simple background wallpaper will do. A human and a pokemon character with a respective level that would change every episode depending on what the person is wearing or what pokemon he/she uses.

In FRLG example its Red with Mewtwo and Giovanni with Deoxys. Both of them wears the tank they do at their battle) or we can make it 2 people as well. Like Sird with Starmie and Orm with Shucle or Silver with Sneasel, and Yellow with Butterfree.

For the last battle in R/S it could be Ruby with Millotic and Sapphire with Blaziken, and the second eye catch a deranged looking Archie with Walrein and Maxie with Camerupt.

2. Plus we won't want to make something like designing a pokedex picture since this project is already hard as it is.

Actually, I thought that because it's only for a few certain characters that it would look even cooler if we used it for all of them...like, using the pokedex as a symbol of some sort. But whatever, don't listen to meee~ (I could design it if nobody else wanted toooo~)
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

I personally like the eye-catch idea, the pokedex idea could be awesome, but I'd need to see it before supporting either side.

I'm not at all fond of the Tate and Liza idea, partially because they are psychic leaders, and need to stay somewhat serene, and partially because I think it will disrupt the flow of the episode.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:Actually, I thought that because it's only for a few certain characters that it would look even cooler if we used it for all of them...like, using the pokedex as a symbol of some sort. But whatever, don't listen to meee~ (I could design it if nobody else wanted toooo~)

No no I'm open for anything, the biggest thing I'm saying is that it would add strain to you guys to design another pic for the eye catches. I mean including the different characters and pokemon on the eye catches, a pokedex would be even harder to make. But if you could design it yourself and I'll support you Very Happy Very Happy I'd comment on it after I see it Very Happy Would that be ok?

Oh maybe you could reuse that pokedex design for the episode title. But please don't make it like how they made the pokedex design on the anime title.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:28 pm

videofan9864 wrote:No no I'm open for anything, the biggest thing I'm saying is that it would add strain to you guys to design another pic for the eye catches. I mean including the different characters and pokemon on the eye catches, a pokedex would be even harder to make. But if you could design it yourself and I'll support you Very Happy Very Happy I'd comment on it after I see it Very Happy Would that be ok?

Oh maybe you could reuse that pokedex design for the episode title. But please don't make it like how they made the pokedex design on the anime title.

XDDD I don't even REMEMBER what the pokedex for the anime was. >.>; And yeah, that's what we were planning! Having the title be in a pokedex style. It'll have a little pointer going to the 'Vs. Mew' in the menu...sorta like the game pokedex...y'know...XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:22 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:XDDD I don't even REMEMBER what the pokedex for the anime was. >.>; And yeah, that's what we were planning! Having the title be in a pokedex style. It'll have a little pointer going to the 'Vs. Mew' in the menu...sorta like the game pokedex...y'know...XD

Well I coudn't forget what it looked like. I mean I really hate the anime but every time I visit serebii its always the first thing I see. Anyways I won't show it to you anymore if you've forgotten so not to mix it up with the current project.

An arrow on the pokedex pointing to the title? I LOVE THAT IDEA.Very Happy But I think using the VS titles wouldn't be too good for every episode, maybe like in FRLG we can make the titles ourselves. I mean for episode 1, "The beginning of an era" or something.

Is the group's idea to make a 25 min episode with whichever chapters will fit the episode? Oh could I ask if some of my earlier ideas get approved? Thanks
1. The concept of 2 eye catches, after the 1st half and on the start of the 2nd half of the episode. The trainer is with 1 of their pokemon and their clothes/appearance will change depending on the episode?
2. Adding a picture from the episode at the end with a "see you next time".
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Mylodon wrote:I personally like the eye-catch idea, the pokedex idea could be awesome, but I'd need to see it before supporting either side.

I'm not at all fond of the Tate and Liza idea, partially because they are psychic leaders, and need to stay somewhat serene, and partially because I think it will disrupt the flow of the episode.

I agree that Tate and Lisa should be serious, but we could always add our own comedic spin. After all, this isn't an exact back-to-back copy of the manga.

It'll probably be a while before we get to this problem though.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Few suggestions - ACCEPTED Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:58 am

Mrtweetums wrote:
Mylodon wrote:I personally like the eye-catch idea, the pokedex idea could be awesome, but I'd need to see it before supporting either side.

I agree that Tate and Lisa should be serious, but we could always add our own comedic spin. After all, this isn't an exact back-to-back copy of the manga.

It'll probably be a while before we get to this problem though.

I also agree to adding/changing a few scenes in the anime. But in order for this to be successful someone has to be able to properly write the script for the episodes and someone else should review it. Is dabeatmaster123 the one who writes the scripts?
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:20 am

videofan9864 wrote:I also agree to adding/changing a few scenes in the anime. But in order for this to be successful someone has to be able to properly write the script for the episodes and someone else should review it. Is dabeatmaster123 the one who writes the scripts?

No, we're hopefully going to have other people on that. So far, however, it looks like Shen and a couple other people are doing that. =\
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:29 pm

IF we actually wanted too we could have an eyecatch then a preview of the next episode then another eyecatch. That could work. Oh well it's up to u animators
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:52 pm

Hotrod198 wrote:IF we actually wanted too we could have an eyecatch then a preview of the next episode then another eyecatch. That could work. Oh well it's up to u animators

I wanted it too but the preview for the next episode would be hard. I mean on eye catches we only need a character drawing,his/her name and a wallpaper and we can make the after episode eye catch from a scene on the episode itself.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel-Kid Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:10 pm

The eye catches could work for going into a different scene.
Obviously not every single scene gets an eye catch, maybe just like 2 an episode or something like that

Angel-Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next